Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
41% 3-point ace Dwyane Wade just hit 3/4 3's tonight.

Is this the longest con for a lovely shooter to suddenly knock it down like he's klay thompson?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Tae posted:

Is this the longest con for a lovely shooter to suddenly knock it down like he's klay thompson?

this bulls team really seems like a ponzi scheme, like we'll wake up one day and butler's on the heat and we're left with doug and mcw and four guys from the hoffman estates team

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Is it just me or does basketball-reference not have heat map shot charts any more? That's very upsetting.

Tae posted:

I was gonna mention something about LeBron putting together a couple seasons of good shooting, but I checked and he's actually all over the place. He's done seasons from 29% to 40%. But it's not like it's unheard of someone to develop a good 3 point shot, and he took like 50 3s last season so it's not like he's a remorseless chucker about it. Maybe he really worked on it.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
If the Raptors broadcast is to be believed, Demar DeRozan is the first player to score 30+ in his team's first 5 games since...Michael Jordan :monocle:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Gobias Ind. posted:

If the Raptors broadcast is to be believed, Demar DeRozan is the first player to score 30+ in his team's first 5 games since...Michael Jordan :monocle:

Raptors dynasty confirmed

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Tae posted:

Turns out the Mavs or Spurs should have signed him when he reached out.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Gobias Ind. posted:

How's Demar's rear end taste Nate Duncan

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Tae posted:

7.2 attempts per game at 19.4% is Klay Thompson through 5
What if Durant turns him into last year's Danny Green

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Spacebump posted:

Turns out the Mavs or Spurs should have signed him when he reached out.

Do we start calling him the rich man's Danny Green?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Apparently according to Calvin Watkins Donatas is looking into playing overseas. I guess he really wants some cashish because according to Stein's article if he does that he remains an RFA.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 5, 2016

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
It took 88 games for Pels fans to boo their new coach during player introductions at the beginning of the game.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Guys, Toronto is winning it all this year. Easily.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
2016-17 Mavs :negative:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Damian Lillard is pretty good.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Papercut posted:

Damian Lillard is pretty good.

42 points on 12/18 shooting isn't too bad.

Pelicans are 0-6. Like holy hell.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
DeRozan has ascended or something, not sure how he is making some of those shots.

Also, Carroll is totally shot, he cannot move laterally and his shoot looks terrible.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Well good news, the Wolves are top 8 in both offense in defense.

A shame about the winning part.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'll save you all the trouble of looking for it

https://twitter.com/CauldronICYMI/status/794742851712086016

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Tae posted:

Davis can't/doesn't free himself up for the guards to pass to him when they can't draw defenders with dribble penetration. He also will never and has never demanded the ball so teammates can forget about him. He also loses focus on defense.

There also is no other two way player who is both healthy and consistent. The role players and bench guys are getting buckets but the two best active ball handlers are either a serious hamper on defense or have terrible decision making.

Guards don't block out or rebound. Davis and Asik are only bigs that can rebound. This leads to poor defensive rebounding.

Not enough ball-handlers leads to lots of turnovers. Perimeter players can't consistently knock down open shots. Nearly everyone falls asleep on defense multiple times a game leading to unopposed cuts.

There's probably more, but that's the biggest things that stick out to me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tae posted:

Well good news, the Wolves are top 8 in both offense in defense.

A shame about the winning part.

Their +/- by quarter is amazing

1st: +37
2nd: +15
3rd: -60
4th: +10

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Tae posted:

Yeah. I mean I knew we were bad even healthy. It's kind of funny watching people delude themselves into thinking our problems go away when we add 3 marginal to substandard starters.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
#MontyWasNotTheProblem

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

this bulls team really seems like a ponzi scheme, like we'll wake up one day and butler's on the heat and we're left with doug and mcw and four guys from the hoffman estates team

The Bulls are pretty bad. Soft early schedule and some guys shooting well above their average helped them to get off to a 3-0 start.

Tonight kind of showed who they are. A terribly coached team with pieces that will never fit together. Hoiberg actually started the forth with Canaan, Wade, McBuckets, Niko, and Portis. The Knicks scored easily on every single possession with them on the court. It's been awhile since I've seen a coach this bad in the NBA.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Oh and how lovely is Denzel Valentine that he can't even get in the rotation on this team? Good lord has Forman whiffed on drafts.

He's turned his last 6 first round picks into Marquis Teague, Tony Snell, Doug McDermott (he used 2 firsts to get McDermott), Bobby Portis, and Denzel Valentine. McDermott looks to be the only one who could be in a good team's rotation (barely!) and that's only if the matchup was right.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
The Warriors are trash, not even in the sense that they're bad, they're just loving lazy and sloppy as hell and watching them is boring.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Papercut posted:

The Warriors are trash, not even in the sense that they're bad, they're just loving lazy and sloppy as hell and watching them is boring.
I disagree, but the schadenfreude is tremendous

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Let me know if anyone wants to see a depressed AD answer some post-game questions.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
I would like to see Anthony Davis on another team. That would be great.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

milk milk lemonade posted:

He'll go to the Kings with DMC and they still won't make the playoffs.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

milk milk lemonade posted:

I'm very interested in this whole "coming home" trend

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

straight up brolic posted:

I disagree, but the schadenfreude is tremendous

KD is the only exciting part of this team. I hope he's slapping Steph and Klay in the face at every practice.

Props Department
Jul 10, 2007

creamed corn & confucius

Kibner posted:

#MontyWasNotTheProblem

It's really sad that his wife was killed in OKC because they fired him for no good reason. But I guess there's no second guessing these things

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
But back to backs shouldn't be a problem this early

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'm very interested in this whole "coming home" trend

Gar Forman picks him up at the airport in his Subaru. How could he say no?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Props Department posted:

It's really sad that his wife was killed in OKC because they fired him for no good reason. But I guess there's no second guessing these things

I don't think they fired him as much as he chose to not return to the team: http://www.si.com/nba/2016/03/11/monty-williams-okahoma-city-thunder-wife-death-leaves-team-season

Even now, he has a lower-responsibility job as a front office man with the Spurs.

Props Department
Jul 10, 2007

creamed corn & confucius
I meant the pelicans. Presumably she wouldn't have been driving there if he was still coaching in New Orleans. But maybe I'm wrong

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Props Department posted:

I meant the pelicans. Presumably she wouldn't have been driving there if he was still coaching in New Orelans. But maybe I'm wrong

Ahh gotcha.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Warriors need rebounding you say....

Klay for Kevin Love, who says no?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Why would the cavs trade their defensive trump card?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

GSW says no. They wouldn't want to destroy Curry's confidence by have him be dominated in 1on1s in practice everyday.

• Locked thread