Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

by god he did it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Jerry Cotton posted:

I don't have your brain sickness but no, I don't see a picture pop up and I doubt anyone else does either. That's not how it works.

e: Having read that article a bit I'm not even sure aphantasia exists. It's more likely just a question of semantics.

lol yeah it does for me

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

nooooo

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Necc0 posted:

right? i'm not even kidding i've always been turned off by those things but if i had a mounted fish i could talk to that kind of worked i'd buy the gently caress out of it

also i like how it's mouth moves when the 'acknowledge' chime plays

yea so whats the stack on that thing? it probably could be done as a weekend project. do you just have an arduino or something listening to the alexa output doing some dsp to control the mouth movements? You probably don't even need to use the alexa api

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

its me, I'm the maddddd hacks programming that just happens to be on screen

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1KYwXJM35E&t=11s

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

neato

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USu8vT_tfdw

They updated the video. That last one lmao.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Synthbuttrange posted:

so why haven't they lowered this road by about a foot yet?

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Necc0 posted:

theres sewers or some poo poo right underneath

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Necc0 posted:

huh.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
yeah it's obv the rails would be way expensive to raise but lol @ them getting pwned by a sewer line

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

The better question is, "Can people start paying closer attention to their surroundings when they're driving?"

I'm pretty sure the answer is,

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

woodch posted:

The better question is, "Can people start paying closer attention to their surroundings when they're driving?"

I'm pretty sure the answer is,
they've now got a sign with a sensor that'll be way more visible if it detects a truck over 11'8"

the crash videos have not stopped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQfSvIgIs_M

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Synthbuttrange posted:

starts at 8:50. it's high-loving-comedy i tell you what. the calming lull after the truck turns left, the dawning awareness as you hear the beeping and realize what's going on, the brief pause after the truck backs up into position where everybody can really think about what they're about to do and then, with commitment,

"what's that beeping sOH MY GOD" ⇐ my thoughts

duTrieux. fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 5, 2016

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

congrats dispo

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

He has ascended to WalMart-icity. Blessed be Ulillillia. It's, like, watching evolution in real time.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

duTrieux. posted:

starts at 8:50. it's high-loving-comedy i tell you what. the calming lull after the truck turns left, the dawning awareness as you hear the beeping and realize what's going on, the brief pause after the truck backs up into position where everybody can really think about what they're about to do and then, with commitment,

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

nutted but she still sucking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obAtn6I5rbY

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

He has ascended to WalMart-icity. Blessed be Ulillillia. It's, like, watching evolution in real time.

What is next? A dissection of each line on his paystub and the subsequent discovery of conservative politics? The realization that his manager, Craig, is an idiot but still gets to tell him what to do, and that listening to The Offspring somehow makes it better? Maybe the employee discount sends bulk bottled water purchases into overdrive.

Go Uli, Go!

burning swine
May 26, 2004

yyesssssssss

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Same, but my dilz

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

woodch posted:

Same, but my dilz
systems checkout

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

5. was it good for you too?

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

i'm #2 af rn

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Lake of Methane posted:

What is next? A dissection of each line on his paystub and the subsequent discovery of conservative politics? The realization that his manager, Craig, is an idiot but still gets to tell him what to do, and that listening to The Offspring somehow makes it better? Maybe the employee discount sends bulk bottled water purchases into overdrive.

Go Uli, Go!

as much as i like the film, i still firmly believe he should sue the Dredd studio for using his likeness

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Dillbag posted:

as much as i like the film, i still firmly believe he should sue the Dredd studio for using his likeness

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Salt Fish posted:

No, these are all terrible. I'm talking ULTRA luxury. I'm thinking like make it out of titanium, give it some holes or poo poo for weight reduction and it doesnt' have any markings like a das keyboard or fretless bass.

yes they exist they are called "a machinist's straightedge" and they look like this

not made of titanium tho because you want lots of mass so they don't move around. usually stress-relieved cast iron.

Dairy Days posted:

these exist already & cost even more than standard jagoff gimmick market prices

those are gauge blocks, dummy. they aren't for use as rulers. but you could use them to calibrate your calipers or your height gauge and then measure from that.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Sagebrush posted:

yes they exist they are called "a machinist's straightedge" and they look like this

not made of titanium tho because you want lots of mass so they don't move around. usually stress-relieved cast iron.

those are gauge blocks, dummy. they aren't for use as rulers. but you could use them to calibrate your calipers or your height gauge and then measure from that.

ok look you're just not getting this and that's why I'm going to be the rich one and you're going to be the nerd buying the Super Ruler 2.0 (Rulers Evolved)™️ from me for 400 dollars

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

oh yeah also re 11'8" bridge chat -- australia has one of those and they had to install these awesome water curtain projection systems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk9DjO-_rT8

apparently people still drive through it

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

toiletbrush posted:

going wall-eyed is so much harder than cross-eyed, why do people keep making divergent stereograms

same with VR screenshots

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

toiletbrush posted:

going wall-eyed is so much harder than cross-eyed, why do people keep making divergent stereograms

lol if you can't do both. learn to have mastery over your own body

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Sagebrush posted:

oh yeah also re 11'8" bridge chat -- australia has one of those and they had to install these awesome water curtain projection systems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk9DjO-_rT8

apparently people still drive through it

it looks rad as hell, tell me you're not going to blow through a wall of water even though it's telling you potentially life saving information

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Lake of Methane posted:

Go Uli, Go!

do wal mart employees even get a discount?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

took me ten minutes to realize that they're using "present" as in "presenting something" and "correct" as in "correcting something" not like "here and right"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

anthonypants posted:

they've now got a sign with a sensor that'll be way more visible if it detects a truck over 11'8"

the crash videos have not stopped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQfSvIgIs_M

is there some reason they can't hang a bar or some chains off a light pole or a dedicated span, like in every parking garage i've ever seen.

• Locked thread