Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Huh, you guys were right. Until Dawn is really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guw posted:

Huh, you guys were right. Until Dawn is really cool.

Nothing changes too much plot wise on replay but several whole scenes play out differently with like a huge violent argument vs some awkward pleasantries depending on what you do so its deeper than you think

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Nothing changes too much plot wise on replay but several whole scenes play out differently with like a huge violent argument vs some awkward pleasantries depending on what you do so its deeper than you think

I don't really recommend replaying it or at least not replaying it for a while because once you do it becomes clear just how much is railroaded and how few characters are actually vulnerable. It's a really solid 1-time playthrough though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The base Titanfall 2 shots are from Digital Foundry's report, not captured by the user himself.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nice

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

1080 or 4k on the pro?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

univbee posted:

That's what the 2nd set of instructions essentially is, although it will take twice as long. You also have to remember to de-activate the accounts on your old PS4, although initializing does automatically do this.

It does? When we swapped a launch PS4 for a Slim, we had to call Gamestop and walk them through deactivating our primary account because it hadn't done that automatically when they wiped it or whatever.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

precision posted:

It does? When we swapped a launch PS4 for a Slim, we had to call Gamestop and walk them through deactivating our primary account because it hadn't done that automatically when they wiped it or whatever.

Maybe it didn't with older firmware revisions, but at least with 4.05 it specifically says while it's happening that any accounts on the system will be deauthorized; maybe if it doesn't connect to PSN right it can be a problem, too, I guess?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
If they drop Battlezone Pro Patch screenshots (960x720 or whatev) I'll be able to run comparisons. Nothing looks exactly "good" outside of the PSVR headset but well inside of it it is GREAT. Just that you can tell the resolution ain't hot, and also rendering 1080p native shared to two viewpoints.

non-pro for reference, 100% fine in-game, heck I even think DriveClub VR looks good enough to do the job it does, it's just that it's not a good driving game

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Blizzard is adding a remake of Diablo I to Diablo III, i guess? :shrug:

quote:

Blizzard will release a remake of Diablo inside of Diablo III as part of an upcoming “20th anniversary” patch, the company said today. It’ll include a 16-level dungeon and the four main bosses from the first Diablo.

The patch, The Darkening of Tristam, will be free to Reaper of Souls owners on both PC and console.

http://kotaku.com/blizzard-is-remak...dium=Socialflow

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Also Necromancer.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ive been told necro is paid dlc though lol

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Eh, I'll pay for it. A new character is at least another 10 hours of gameplay, and that's if I don't really get into trying to get complete sets and poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Console D3 is also getting access to seasons soon-ish. Not the next one, but the one after. So 4-5 months.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Time to play through it a fourth time.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

do you have to play through story mode once at the beginning of the season?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Aphrodite posted:

Console D3 is also getting access to seasons soon-ish. Not the next one, but the one after. So 4-5 months.

Will they be online only? Playing pubs any other way is extremely boring when there's so many Hackers around.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Awesome! posted:

do you have to play through story mode once at the beginning of the season?

No.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

univbee posted:

:eng101: 2K resolution is 2048x1536 and what most non-high-end movie theaters (e.g. sub-IMAX) show in (the frame is anamorphic 4x3 stretched to whatever). It's also what almost all UHD Blu-rays are upscaled from, the highest resolution for all 3D films, and also the resolution at which most CGI effects were done until recently.

DCI specs use 1998x1080 for flat or 2048x858 for scope. There are all kinds of 2K acquisition resolutions but those are what you see at your basic digitalized cinemas. In Finland we movies are usually either shot/worked on at HD resolutions and then scaled or cropped for those.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I don't NEED a PS4 or a PS4 Pro. I've got endless backlogs of games on both my Xbone and Steam. My TV is awesome, it's 65" and was crazy cheap after a price error and is a Samsung and is 3-4 years old.

But motherfucker. The urge to spend money I don't have on a needless 4K TV upgrade and a PS4 Pro in combo is.....somebody is blowing the fire on the coals...

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

89 posted:

I don't NEED a PS4 or a PS4 Pro. I've got endless backlogs of games on both my Xbone and Steam. My TV is awesome, it's 65" and was crazy cheap after a price error and is a Samsung and is 3-4 years old.

But motherfucker. The urge to spend money I don't have on a needless 4K TV upgrade and a PS4 Pro in combo is.....somebody is blowing the fire on the coals...

Go look at a 4K in person and see if you are impressed. I'm a pretty big electronics consumer with no cost restrictions, and still haven't upgraded, because I still haven't found a set that looks significantly better than my 7 year old Pioneer. I will say I haven't seen an OLED in person yet.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Sony had a demo to show off of Horizon: Zero Dawn at PAX AUS, and while it's very pretty their build had some periodic visual glitches.

Also the guy showing it off spent the entire time using it as a platform for "LOOK HOW PRETTIER IT IS ON THE PS4 PRO! LOOK AT THE GOD RAYS! LOOK AT THE DISTANCE! Here's a little gameplay SMASH YOUR loving EYEBALLS ON THIS EXPENSIVE 50+INCH TV OVER HOW GODDAMN PRETTIER IT IS ON A PS4 PRO, WHY ARE YOU NOT FELATING ME TO GET YOUR HANDS ON ONE RIGHT THIS SECOND?!"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The fuckwits running Sony realised the PS4 was the only product they had that sold anything and they scrambled to make something to push their new TVs that nobody wants. This is literally the reason for PSPRO, to sell TVs.

This happened a few years back when the whole electronics industry tried to push 3D TVs as the next big thing.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Megasabin posted:

Go look at a 4K in person and see if you are impressed. I'm a pretty big electronics consumer with no cost restrictions, and still haven't upgraded, because I still haven't found a set that looks significantly better than my 7 year old Pioneer. I will say I haven't seen an OLED in person yet.

I've seen a litttle in action and it was definitely nice. But I haven't ever seen a gaaaaame in 4K.

But, on the same note, I think I'd be happier running in 60 fps in 1080p on the PS4 Pro instead of 25-30 fps in 4K.

I have also yet to see an OLED in person.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The fuckwits running Sony realised the PS4 was the only product they had that sold anything and they scrambled to make something to push their new TVs that nobody wants. This is literally the reason for PSPRO, to sell TVs.

This happened a few years back when the whole electronics industry tried to push 3D TVs as the next big thing.

And they struck deals for online delivery of 4K content (presented at January's CES) which is where I see the real reason for there being no UHD BR support. If they drop a Pro Slim it will do 4K BR and come right ahead of the PS5 presentation.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I also got to play a little Gravity Rush 2, and the new abilities are neat. The only annoyance is the aiming can still be a little floaty at times like in the first game, sending your kick just shy of where you aimed at, and the new Styles are switched between by flicking on the Touchpad instead of something sane like using the D-Pad. It's still a lot of fun, and I can't wait to buy it.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The touchpad was such a dumb idea. Never copy the Ouya.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Maybe a weird question, but I wonder if the Pro will take screenshots faster? Or is there some non performance related issue that causes that two or three second delay?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Maybe a weird question, but I wonder if the Pro will take screenshots faster? Or is there some non performance related issue that causes that two or three second delay?

This is certainly possible and we will know in less then a week. The PRO adds an extra gig of RAM for background applications.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Someone keeps trying to reset my password for my PSN account, I have 8 reset attempt emails since September, was Sony hacked again?

Megalixir fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Nov 5, 2016

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Megalixir posted:

Someone keeps trying to reset my password for my PSN account, I have 5 reset attempt emails since September, was Sony hacked again?

Dont think so.
Does 2FA prevent this?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
No, a 2FA code is only generated on a "successful" login attempt.

Make sure your email account is nice and safe.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I'm looking at this and thinking, it looks nicer, but I dont think it looks nicer enough for me to really notice when I was running past it looking for people to shoot. So I'm happy enough, doesnt look like I need to upgrade tot he pro anytime soon.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Yeah, it's going to be utterly inconsequential as you blur past it in glorious 30fps.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Are cable companies or Directv doing 4K yet?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

89 posted:

Maybe I'm stuck living in the gay past but if the text and menu options hadn't become unreadable I'd still be playing games on a 32" SDTV with a bubble screen that I'd owned for something like a decade and a half (it was the tiny, tiny text in the PS3 Dragon Age Inquisition that finally broke me)

I mean I can see the appeal now but there's no way your brain can actually care about the slight difference in quality with 4k

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thumper might be one of the most intense games I've ever played, I'd be worried about it breaking my brain if I was able to play it in VR. Sadly it's quickly become a memorisation game because I've no where near the reactions otherwise.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Wendell posted:

The touchpad was such a dumb idea. Never copy the Ouya.

The number of times my thumb has over-extended a bit and touched the pad during Rocket League...

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Wolfsheim posted:

Maybe I'm stuck living in the gay past but if the text and menu options hadn't become unreadable I'd still be playing games on a 32" SDTV with a bubble screen that I'd owned for something like a decade and a half (it was the tiny, tiny text in the PS3 Dragon Age Inquisition that finally broke me)

I mean I can see the appeal now but there's no way your brain can actually care about the slight difference in quality with 4k

4k is 4 times the pixels of 1080 and looks drastically better. You should see an eye doctor immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

El Hefe posted:

Are cable companies or Directv doing 4K yet?

No, they can't. 1080p was hard enough for cable.

• Locked thread