Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I haven't tried it myself, but it sounds like you would like Enderal

If there's one thing that team does well it's awesome environments. I finished this just a little bit ago and just exploring the beauty is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Inepta Lacerta, your reshade does some funky stuff to loading screens and menus, but otherwise looks great. Good jorb.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Haven't been following the thread, so excuse me if this has been mentioned/asked already, but:

Is there word on whether SPERG is coming to SSE or not?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

PureRok posted:

Haven't been following the thread, so excuse me if this has been mentioned/asked already, but:

Is there word on whether SPERG is coming to SSE or not?

Not until there's a new script extender at least.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Ah, I forgot it used SKSE. Well, at least they said they're working on that. Too bad about the SkyUI guy not wanting to bother porting that. Playing with default UI is aggravating (Yes, game, I wanted to close the menu instead of switching tabs.).

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Burns posted:

What steps do I need to take to get Amidianborn working?

I'm currently running all of the book of silence amidianborn stuff with se. Just install it like you normally would.
Even stuff like functional homes and my stores in skyrim SEEM to be working as intended. I did open and save them in the ck first, but I'm not sure if it was necessary.
Unless a mod explicitly required skse or was made with the wrong(for se) texture/mesh format there's a decent chance it'll work fine with the special edition.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

PureRok posted:

Ah, I forgot it used SKSE. Well, at least they said they're working on that. Too bad about the SkyUI guy not wanting to bother porting that. Playing with default UI is aggravating (Yes, game, I wanted to close the menu instead of switching tabs.).

Another goon posted the ported 2.2 (doesn't require skse) of Sky UI :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i2padsoub9al3u6/SkyUI%20-%20Ported%20Version%202.2%20-Removed%20Warrning-855-1-0.zip?dl=0

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I really like that true 3D audio for headphones mod, sorry can't get to the nexus right now to link it.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

enemy scaling mods aren't possible without skse right?

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Orv posted:

Inepta Lacerta, your reshade does some funky stuff to loading screens and menus, but otherwise looks great. Good jorb.

Yeah, it makes text and stuff glow a bit, plus with the black background and shiny objects shown on loading screens it triggers some of the effects quite a bit. Fortunately they're quite a lot more subtle in-game.

There was a reshade setup I used when I played Witcher 3 last time that could dynamically change setup depending on what was going on, but I don't know if that was specific for W3, or how advanced it'd be to set up, so I'll just be happy with how it looks right now.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Should I use MO1 or MO2 for the special edition?

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Got a question pertaining to old Skyrim.

I've shoved pretty much every realism mod into it now, but I keep getting crashes (full on locked computer) once a lot of stuff needs loading at once, say when travelling to new places or in cities (and I do have Open Cities installed).

Is this, as I suspect, a windows 10 issue where I'm just running out of memory, or is it something else entirely? I've gone trough and disabled/enabled some likely suspects, but no luck so far. Kinda tough playing the game without Whiterun.

Any suggestion is welcome, but I'm prepared for the answer being windows 10 memory limit loving me over.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Define "pretty much every realism mod" because I'm going to shoot from the hip here and say you're hitting the memory limit of Oldrim pretty hard.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Orv posted:

Define "pretty much every realism mod" because I'm going to shoot from the hip here and say you're hitting the memory limit of Oldrim pretty hard.

And if so, Windows 10 will not let you circumvent it in any way.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
In order to rule out the windows 10 limit use something to check how much vram you are actually using. If you've disabled/enabled likely suspects I really doubt it's that because it should be pretty easy to guess what might be bring you over 4GB usage, something kind of hard to do in the first place without loving with the ini or using 8k textures over 4k textures.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Installing this shouldn't wreck an ongoing game save, right?

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Decus posted:

In order to rule out the windows 10 limit use something to check how much vram you are actually using. If you've disabled/enabled likely suspects I really doubt it's that because it should be pretty easy to guess what might be bring you over 4GB usage, something kind of hard to do in the first place without loving with the ini or using 8k textures over 4k textures.

Well, it might be me loving with the ini in a wrong way now that I went and retraced my steps with the crash fixes in the OP and whatnot. Can't say for certain just yet though, I'm gonna troubleshoot some more and see if it's actually my incompetence at modding (spoilers: It will be my incompetence at modding).

Orv posted:

A good 100 of everything called "immersive", "realistic", and every graphical improvement I can find.

Thanks. guys, I'm gonna look at this some more and maybe do this over because I likely hosed up some SKSE/crash/bugfixes stuff.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Trogdos! posted:

Installing this shouldn't wreck an ongoing game save, right?

Not at all.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Wow, ReShade is really user friendly. Like, why aren't all games just doing this kind of instant feedback on their own. You just point their setup program at the game .exe and download a bunch of toggle-able effects, which you can apply in game in real time.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Yeah the new version of reshade is dope and miles ahead of the awful configuration program that used to be bundled with it.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I love that goon whoever they are, the default UI is painful as gently caress.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

no bones about it posted:

I love that goon whoever they are, the default UI is painful as gently caress.

tips hat

don't tell reddit they will call it mod piracy and ban u

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
Skyrim is a really good game, there I said it.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Uhhh there is no trolling allowed in this thread. Mods??

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

This might be of interest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB_GVg0PxCY

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

sebmojo posted:

tips hat

don't tell reddit they will call it mod piracy and ban u

https://www.reddit.com/r/modpiracy/ ?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I don't feel like I can really get into SE until the Uncle Sheograth mod gets ported.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Entropic posted:

I don't feel like I can really get into SE until the Uncle Sheograth mod gets ported.

I'm using it now, I just opened it in SSEEdit, marked it as modified, and resaved it. Works great!

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Cheers for linking this, wasn't aware that the favorites mod for oldrim worked in SE.

I can also recommend http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2246/ for its dialog overhaul. Much less frustrating than 'vanilla' SE.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
What are people favourite high res texture packs? I was thinking of trying mod combiner again but someone mentioned for all the effort you might as well just download everything and dump it in folders. I'm mostly interested in replacing lovely janky textures, like when you start a new game, the red straps on the sides of the wagon; they look like pixel strips. Are there actually any better options than SMC for making sure you get everything? Also, does DYNDOLOD still work

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
The RUSTIC mods seem pretty cool mixed with aMidian stuff.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Im not a big fan of the everything-is-beat-to-poo poo look, I use a few of them but mostly it's Noble Skyrim + SMIM + Enhanced Texture Detail + Ramccoids stuff.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

I know what I said about RUSTIC stuff earlier but honestly yeah it's pretty hit and miss. I like the soulgems and the magic worktables, but there's a few in there that are just bad not from the lack of resolution, but poor judgment

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

My personal recolor of the Chitin Armors looks nice in the SSE engine:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Give.

Burns
May 10, 2008

On the topic of Dragonborn armors, I really highly recommend Ashland Apparel. It seems to be working just fine with Special Edition.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

It's part of my house mod Brelvu Manor, which Im working on porting to SSE. Should be done sometime tomorrow.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I really like how the Nexus, after how many years of underestimating how many people use mods, still cannot handle high server congestion, like we're back in 2011.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

I really like how the Nexus, after how many years of underestimating how many people use mods, still cannot handle high server congestion, like we're back in 2011.
They seem to be handling it pretty well these days though? I haven't seen the Nexus sites go completely down or go into "maintenance mode" in good while.

That they're having some problems is understandable. There's a big spike in the amount of people downloading mods right now. But just like after sale, that number will drop quickly. So it makes no real sense to have a sever setup that can comfortably handle those big spikes, because that stuff is expensive and most of the time it isn't needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I haven't played Skyrim in a long time and the new Special Edition thingy has brought me back in. Just to make sure I'm understanding it all correctly though, skyrim mods don't work natively? What is involved in bringing them over? I know mods that use SKSE won't work for the time being.