Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

oldpainless posted:

Despite apparent record breaking early voting in my city, I didn't have to wait at all to go in and vote straight Republican ticket,

Pet peeve: Republicans. t:mad:t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Strategic Tea posted:

Are US polling stations so sparse people can't just drop by coming home from work or whatever? Granted I don't live in the countryside but I never heard of anyone needing time off to vote.

The lines are really loving long and it's always on a Tuesday so I guess it can kill a huge chunk of my workday. The only election I've voted in on Election Day in my young adult life was the primary this past spring, and that was in and out. I just voted for the general election this morning at an early voting location and the other two I've done were absentee.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

lines????? :stare:

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Jump to 1:50 if you're in a hurry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SlssEBaD3U

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

areyoucontagious posted:

Pet peeve: Republicans. t:mad:t

Please use the terms Rethuglicans or Republicants.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Strategic Tea posted:

Are US polling stations so sparse people can't just drop by coming home from work or whatever? Granted I don't live in the countryside but I never heard of anyone needing time off to vote.

Political parties are literally doing things like closing down all but one voting place in a district and moving the last one to a police station to discourage people from voting.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Why are people buying 32 or 40 oz yeti tumblers? Do you really need to keep a day's worth of soda on your desk at all times? I also see people getting 32oz thermos and filling it with coffee. That's a lot of loving coffee for one day man.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Mu Zeta posted:

Why are people buying 32 or 40 oz yeti tumblers? Do you really need to keep a day's worth of soda on your desk at all times? I also see people getting 32oz thermos and filling it with coffee. That's a lot of loving coffee for one day man.

People who say "Don't even BOTHER talking to me until I've had my coffee!"
Alright, now you've had your coffee. But guess what? I didn't want to talk to you anyway.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
A big recent one for me is it seems like every ad agency is trying their hands at "Make _____ great again!" Hurr hurt it's just like the Trump thing!

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Mu Zeta posted:

These things are really good at keeping things cold. I can have a tumbler of ice water sitting on my bedside table all night and there are still ice cubes in the morning.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

yo rear end is grass posted:

People who say "Don't even BOTHER talking to me until I've had my coffee!"
Alright, now you've had your coffee. But guess what? I didn't want to talk to you anyway.

Hey gently caress you. I need 40oz of caffeine just to function and no I'm not joking. I've also done a lot of amphetamines and nicotine is my whole world. Keep judging. Some of us need all the uppers.

Fake edit: oh god i'm not high enough yet

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mu Zeta posted:

I also see people getting 32oz thermos and filling it with coffee. That's a lot of loving coffee for one day man.
Isn't that about three cups? Not measuring cups, like, normal coffee cups? That's not a lot.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Mu Zeta posted:

It's getting a medium at Starbucks and then a refill as you leave.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I only drink my coffee filtered through a Turkish mans rear end in a top hat.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
People who "let you in" on their dumb conspiracies. They're building a new power station outside my work, and one of our guests stopped by to tell me some !!hot secrets!! about how construction workers rush the hard parts and then lollygag on the easy stuff. The way he told me about this you'd think he was giving me insider trading tips about corn futures or something.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

A big recent one for me is it seems like every ad agency is trying their hands at "Make _____ great again!" Hurr hurt it's just like the Trump thing!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
What bothers me is the morons making the image using a horrible font. GRE AT AG AIN.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Thin Privilege posted:

What bothers me is the morons making the image using a horrible font. GRE AT AG AIN.

Don't blame the font for bad kerning.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Master Twig posted:

Don't blame the font for bad keming.

To anyone who isn't a font nerd, the distinction is academic.

Pet peeve: people who make up stupid bullshit just to participate in a conversation they know nothing about. When I went to get my emissions inspection done for my car, the guy ahead of me struck up some small talk and I happened to mention that I drive a Mini Cooper. He immediately replied, "oh, those are terrible, they get horrible gas mileage and they handle like crap."

I get fuckin 34 mpg on average, guy, and it handles beautifully, but good job baselessly making GBS threads on my choice of car trying to sound like you know something. Dude drove a big fuckoff truck, too, probably gets 16 mpg on a good day.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I get fuckin 34 mpg on average, guy, and it handles beautifully, but good job baselessly making GBS threads on my choice of car trying to sound like you know something. Dude drove a big fuckoff truck, too, probably gets 16 mpg on a good day.

That doesn't even make any sense - Minis are known for sharp handling and they're fairly small, of course they're going to get decent fuel economy. Dude's probably confused and is conflating your car with a Smart car, which gets lousy mileage(for its size) and handles terribly.

I would have made a comment about the survey that just came out about how the men with the smallest penises drive big pickup trucks, but I'm a complete rear end in a top hat. Who drives a little Honda Fit :D

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
All small cars are the same duh

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

JnnyThndrs posted:

I would have made a comment about the survey that just came out about how the men with the smallest penises drive big pickup trucks, but I'm a complete rear end in a top hat. Who drives a little Honda Fit :D

Is that an actual survey that just came out? If so, do you have a link?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I saw what you did there :sun:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

bean_shadow posted:

These things are really good at keeping things cold. I can have a tumbler of ice water sitting on my bedside table all night and there are still ice cubes in the morning.

Yeah but why do you want that much water? I'm not talking about having a glass of water on the bed stand. I'm talking about having like a 40z tub of water. I don't know why the gigantic sizes are the best sellers.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

bean_shadow posted:

Is that an actual survey that just came out? If so, do you have a link?

Unfortunately, it doesn't actually exist, but it sounds plausible enough :)

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

JnnyThndrs posted:

Unfortunately, it doesn't actually exist, but it sounds plausible enough :)

I figured it was a joke but a small part was hopeful lol.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
I'm at a hotel and Aliens came on, which is cool because I haven't seen any of those movies in so long that I didn't remember anything. Really enjoyed it. Reeeeaaally got invested in Ripley saving that adorable little girl. Good ending; satisfying.

Alien 3 came on immediately after. :(

E: Jesus they just killed the dog, gently caress this movie

artsy fartsy has a new favorite as of 05:09 on Nov 6, 2016

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
So is the pet peeve Alien 3, or dog killing? Or both?

Anyway 40-64 oz of water isn't some obscene amount. I've seen fairly often people carrying around gallon milk jugs of water and nobody really gives them a second look. This is much smaller and has the added benefit of keeping it cold all day. It'd be a lot to drink in one sitting, sure, but the whole point of things that keep things cold/hot for a long time is doing the opposite of that.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

So is the pet peeve Alien 3, or dog killing? Or both?

It's hard for me to articulate exactly--the way a character was fleshed out and treated as so important, and then unceremoniously killed off-screen just to make way for the next story.

Dogs dying in movies is a separate pet peeve (I always skip the first part of Jon Wick.)

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

A good website.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Mail in voting is where it's at :smug:.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Above everyone else agnostics:

Every single time a debate about religion comes up some fucktard thinks hes being a genius because he understands that you cant prove a negative. However while this epistomological position is sound it is not practical term to use because people conflate that understanding with being a fence sitting moron who cant make up their minds about if a magical sky daddy exists or not. Which BTW if you are of the latter that sort of agnosticism is a position just like not being able to decide what to order is buying pizza. You dont need all the facts or to look into every nook and cranny of the universe to have a belief one way or the other. If you spent a good month thinking about it and you still think "maybe he exists, maybe not" you are just indecisive. Anyways, back to the arrogant prick. If this prick actually took any time to understand the context of agnosticism he would know that it can apply to either:

-A claim that one cannot possibly know if God exists or not (sound argument)

-One who claims he does not know if God exists or not (sound argument)

-A person who is neither a theist or atheist (indecisive gently caress)

Most importantly the word "know" or "knowledge" is used for agnosticism and any definition of atheism is bound to have the word "belief", "disbelief" or any variation of that. Which not only means that agnosticism is a different claim altogether, but that you can actually be both. Which is why agnostic atheism is a widely used term in the skeptic community:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_atheism

Also worth mentioning that all of the good definitions for agnosticism are useless unless you are in a philosophical circle. Just saying that you are an atheist gets the point across. You dont believe in God. You have made up your mind about it and decided that you dont think God exists. You have no intention of misleading people so you say "what you believe" when it comes to that subject instead of trying to tip toe around it. If it werent for theists and agnostics trying to say that disbelief in God requires faith and then call it a wash we would probably not need to have this debate over semantics. Just making it clear, agnostic started this poo poo.

Midig has a new favorite as of 22:39 on Nov 6, 2016

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
That half an hour between when you take something to deal with an illness because the last dose wore off, and the new dose actually kicking in.

It's only been fifteen minutes, I already miss not being cold and in pain.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This is really me being upset with myself, but restaurant waiters taking everyone's plates away while I'm still eating, then giving me a confused look when I say that I'm still eating. I've always eaten pretty slowly, but over the past few years I've developed ultra slow eating habits as a way to combat the effects of my colitis. ESPECIALLY if I'm also trying to have a conversation.

I know waiters are basically expected to come after a certain period of time but I enjoyed the food and I don't need a box. Stop looking at me impatiently, I can't help it :smith:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They want to clean the table pack it to go

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

They want to clean the table pack it to go

But I don't want it to go! I can finish it while they get the check.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Magic Hate Ball posted:

My coworker is a big brassy black lady with an easy-to-pronounce Japanese name, and our guests get totally addlepated over it. We've had people who only correspond with her via email coming in looking for "the Asian woman", people who talk to her over the phone who come in and ask for "Shaniqua", and people who just can't figure out how to pronounce it. It's a really simple name but every week it's "Hi, can I talk to Coco?" or "Hi, is Shiriko there?" like, if y'all can pronounce Tchaikovsky you can pronounce this easyass name.

This is similar with my name. Every sound in it exists in English. "Janos"="Yah+Nosh" It's not hard. When I get a phone call and I say "My name is Janos, J.A.N.O.S. Janos". "It's pronounced "Yah-nosh". Yet every rear end in a top hat has to say it phonetically based on the spelling. They all say it like Janis as in "Janis Joplin". You just heard me say it mother-fucker! Just parrot it back like my 7 year old can do! My loving dog knows what my name sounds like. I don't care at this point and I don't even correct people anymore unless they ask to be corrected. Often times, they can never learn that a "J" can sound like a "Y" and that an "S" can sound like a "sh". My best friend still can't get the "sh" part and we've been working together for 16 years.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Henchman of Santa posted:

This is really me being upset with myself, but restaurant waiters taking everyone's plates away while I'm still eating, then giving me a confused look when I say that I'm still eating. I've always eaten pretty slowly, but over the past few years I've developed ultra slow eating habits as a way to combat the effects of my colitis. ESPECIALLY if I'm also trying to have a conversation.

I know waiters are basically expected to come after a certain period of time but I enjoyed the food and I don't need a box. Stop looking at me impatiently, I can't help it :smith:

you should move to sweden, they eat meals at a glacial pace there.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Noctone posted:

you should move to sweden, they eat meals at a glacial pace there.

If this is just as genetic as it is cultural this would explain my bf. Jesus dude I'm on my fifth forkful, what the hell are you doing only on your first? I just can't figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

People who rev their engines at pedestrians in the crosswalk. Ooh I'm scared, I believe you might go through a red to cream a human being, better run! Prick.