Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Geostomp posted:

So many quality of life improvements without falling back at all? Who are these people and what happened to our Pokemon developers?

The director of ORAS who has been working on Pokemon in other roles since RSE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Ultima66 posted:

VGC Top 8 Teams from 2008-2016 in a nice graphic.

Cresselia and Genies were a terrible idea.

what does "must have pentagon" mean?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

oddium posted:

there's always the ultimate reject, Not Shiny

shiny, wrong gender, i need aegislash-m

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Kerrrrrrr posted:

It has that icon on the pokemon stat card that tells you it was caught or bred in a gen 6 game. Anti-cheating/importing dumb obscure bullshit from really old promotional events measure.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Kerrrrrrr posted:

bred or caught in a generation 6 game

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dr. Fetus posted:

:psyduck: Someone seriously threw a tantrum for 2 hours just because they got hit by Stone Edge twice in a row?

Look that other player obviously didn't deserve to win and so this guy just ran out the close and was DQed, which totally isn't a loss because he had a non-KO'd Pokemon. That he'd have been ruled as the loser by literally any competitive gaming judge on the planet is irrelevant in their special reality. I dream of seeing a meltdown like this in person at a gaming tournament.

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

There's a grace period of a few months where you can pull them all back down, but otherwise yeah afaik

Nintendo deserves an award for having what is by far the worst online services of any major gaming company.

Like, "people who go inactive get their poo poo nuked" is one of the biggest rules for things you don't do if you want people to ever come back to your service. Instead they nuke pokemon people store because they don't want to keep storing what's likely not even a terrabyte of data (and if it is, they clearly have enough used to pay for that extra space). If they weren't idiots they could have a "hey did you use the bank in the past? Well sign up with this offer to get X for Y duration at Z cost" but that would require them to actually give a drat I guess. :shrug:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I mean he does that in platinum. The most you go do is follow him inside to make sure Giratina isn't still super pissed.

No, in the game he wants to destroy Giratina so he can do the plan all over again and make it work this time. The player stops him by catching Giratina so it can't be destroyed and Cyrus will be trapped there forever. So I appreciate that in all the adaptations of Platinum they change it so that now he's a weirdo who instead just goes to parallel world and sits down and says "whatever you didn't win i won this is what i wanted" like a tiny child

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

With so many remakes/third version features returning for this game, including basically join avenue which was from the one game the director didn't touch, i'm honestly expecting pokemon to follow you on whatever game ends up on the Switch.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

No, in the game he wants to destroy Giratina so he can do the plan all over again and make it work this time. The player stops him by catching Giratina so it can't be destroyed and Cyrus will be trapped there forever. So I appreciate that in all the adaptations of Platinum they change it so that now he's a weirdo who instead just goes to parallel world and sits down and says "whatever you didn't win i won this is what i wanted" like a tiny child

Well after you beat him he decides to just live the rest of his life in The Void anyway. So it's not that different a characterisation.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Ultima66 posted:

VGC Top 8 Teams from 2008-2016 in a nice graphic.

I still love that Pachirisu. Sejun Park is awesome for using it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

MissileWaster posted:

I still love that Pachirisu. Sejun Park is awesome for using it.

He has my vote for best player on that infographic just because Pachirisu stands out among the crowd.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

With so many remakes/third version features returning for this game, including basically join avenue which was from the one game the director didn't touch, i'm honestly expecting pokemon to follow you on whatever game ends up on the Switch.

In a just world, Nintendo would announce a Pokemon game for the Switch as a launch title but with Sun/Moon coming out so closely to that console launch it probably isn't feasible. Pokken doesn't count.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

In a just world, Nintendo would announce a Pokemon game for the Switch as a launch title but with Sun/Moon coming out so closely to that console launch it probably isn't feasible. Pokken doesn't count.

In my heart of hearts I wish that Pokemon Crazy Diamond and Pokemon Pearl Jam will come out for 3DS and Pokemon Star Platinum will be a Switch title with a couple of extra features but mostly running a solid 30fps and rendered at 720.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

They'll announce a re-release. And maybe that Pokemon Sun/Moon 2 will also be released for the Switch later.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I just realized that Gen V began the day after the 3DS launch in NA. I think I'll just get used to giving up now and wait for Gen 8 to hit the Switch.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

In my heart of hearts I wish that Pokemon Crazy Diamond and Pokemon Pearl Jam will come out for 3DS and Pokemon Star Platinum will be a Switch title with a couple of extra features but mostly running a solid 30fps and rendered at 720.

sorry buddy, its shining diamond and pole jam for america

why would they put the new pokemon on the switch though? its not like they're gonna kill their dedicated portable game console for the switch because it can play home console games on the go

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Gamefreak already confirmed the next Pokémon game will be for the switch. I'd expect it this time next year

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

spit on my clit posted:

why would they put the new pokemon on the switch though? its not like they're gonna kill their dedicated portable game console for the switch because it can play home console games on the go

Because the Switch seems to be more of a handheld system and they probably won't want the 3ds to compete in the same market as their shiny new system for too long.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

spit on my clit posted:

They certainly would not make the next mainline pokemon game into a Switch exclusive, yeah. Maybe once Gen 8 starts.

But still, SM is pretty neat looking and the pokemon models are pretty complex already, so the ability of seeing them in 720 rather than 240 and running smoothly sounds like a dream come true. Just a port would be everything I want for now.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

Gamefreak already confirmed the next Pokémon game will be for the switch. I'd expect it this time next year

good thing I'd already decided the switch would be the first non handheld (well ok...) I'd bought from nintendo since the gamecube

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

good thing I'd already decided the switch would be the first non handheld (well ok...) I'd bought from nintendo since the gamecube

could've had a wii u

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I made the right choice

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea I made the right choice

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

There's a grace period of a few months where you can pull them all back down, but otherwise yeah afaik

Wait, that can't be right. I didn't touch my bank for something like a year (Bank subscription should've dropped in summer or early fall 2015, and I resubbed last month), everything's still there.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Gamefreak did not say that the next pokemon game would be on Switch. They just said that they are developing something for Switch, which could be a spin-off or even just something as simple as a Pokken port.

Supremezero posted:

Wait, that can't be right. I didn't touch my bank for something like a year (Bank subscription should've dropped in summer or early fall 2015, and I resubbed last month), everything's still there.

It was the same for me, but apparently they have deleted other people's. What did you have in yours? I just had maybe 15 pokemon--I remove all of the stuff I care about when I know I won't be re-subbing--so I imagine that wouldn't even be worth culling.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i don't think they go out of their way to delete pokemon but if they decide they need to for w/e reason unsubbed pokemon are the only ones that aren't safe. so you just lucked out. that's my theory

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I renewed my pokebank for the first time since oras came out and I have 16,000 miles stored up

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The shady deal event at the dock should be happening in the SM demo today if you finished it when it first came out.

You get nothing from it. :geno:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Decus posted:

Gamefreak did not say that the next pokemon game would be on Switch. They just said that they are developing something for Switch, which could be a spin-off or even just something as simple as a Pokken port.

There was a pokemon game developed for the Wii U and put out close to launch. Rumble Wii U. It's not gonna be a mainline pokemon game on the switch. It's probably not even gonna be a XD/Colosseum style game.

It'll probably be a version of shuffle with better style and without the nightmare F2P systems.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

The shady deal event at the dock should be happening in the SM demo today if you finished it when it first came out.

You get nothing from it. :geno:

It's really weird. And kind of creepy.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Decus posted:

come on Drill Dozer 2

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Bongo Bill posted:

come on Drill Dozer 2

Excadrill Dozer: A crossover starring Excadrill

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

less laughter posted:

Excadrill Dozer: A crossover starring Excadrill

It'll pair nicely with Super Pikachu Bros Switch

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Decus posted:

It was the same for me, but apparently they have deleted other people's. What did you have in yours? I just had maybe 15 pokemon--I remove all of the stuff I care about when I know I won't be re-subbing--so I imagine that wouldn't even be worth culling.

Something like a thousand pokemon.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

It didn't even auto-save

:confused:

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Thanks to that shady deal, now I know Slowpokes are the Shiba inu of pokémon.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

look man these two older men are bonding over thier love of slowpokes luxurious tale, nothing weird about it

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Kelp Plankton posted:

Source?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

They said that they were developing something for the Switch, not that it was necessarily even a Pokémon game, much less a mainline game.

I imagine that this generation will be a lot like Gen 5 where there Game Freak starts to put spin offs on the Switch while any additional mainline games this generation stay on the 3DS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

quote:

Genies look stupid and are bad for the game and are as dumb as a butt.

I wish they would get banned or something.