Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hog fat
Aug 31, 2016
my radical adherence to stoicism demands I be a raging islamophobic asshole. perhaps ten more days on twitter will teach me the errors of my ways
I wish Adam would co-host with Norm Macdonald, David Spade or anyone else with whom he could drop the pretense for awhile and just be funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I would add "pppfffttt" to that bingo card. He loves that noise for "squeezing silicone out of a tube" and similar. I don't like it when he does it; when caulking or gluing or fake cheese came up I was always like "oh poo poo here it comes".

Ranch dressing is the only one on the card I don't remember hearing about.

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Oct 3, 2016

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

A couple months ago Adam mentioned on the show that Sonny and Natalya missed the first days of school so they could go with Lynette to go see Bruce Springsteen (again). Today he said that they missed school again because they ate too much Halloween candy.

I can't wait for the next "family and education" rant.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Nov 2, 2016

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Grant DaNasty posted:

A couple months ago Adam mentioned on the show that Sonny and Natalya missed the first days of school so they could go with Lynette to go see Bruce Springsteen (again). Today he said that they missed school again because they ate too much Halloween candy.

The part he leaves out about the "Grit" and "family and education" arguments is that they only matter for poor people. If you're rich you get a pass.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hearing they missed school because they ate too much Halloween candy is the hardest I've laughed at the podcast in a long while.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Grant DaNasty posted:

I think everyone is just planning for the kids to live off the profits from the sale of the Paul Newman porsche once Adam dies of alcohol poisoning from too much Mangria.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
I do love that Bryan immediately called him on it the second he said it was because they ate too much candy. "Grit!"

He has pretty much gone off the deep end. Its crazy levels of hypocrisy. He needs that guy he used to tell everyone else they needed, you know, the one who would tell you you look stupid in those cowboy boots.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Isn't that Ray? Did he stop doing Ace on the House completely? Is it still called Ace on the House?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

visuvius posted:

I do love that Bryan immediately called him on it the second he said it was because they ate too much candy. "Grit!"

He has pretty much gone off the deep end. Its crazy levels of hypocrisy. He needs that guy he used to tell everyone else they needed, you know, the one who would tell you you look stupid in those cowboy boots.

Wealthy man in a bubble of his own making stops having touch with reality. It's a tale as old as time.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

rotinaj posted:

Wealthy man in a bubble of his own making stops having touch with reality. It's a tale as old as time.

Yeah, it's all just an extended version of the sophmore slump. Your second album sucks because now you're rich and don't have relatable problems and/or you blew all your good ideas in the first album.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
It really stinks too because I used to look forward to his podcast more than anything. I was listening to it when he was on the radio and the show was uploaded as a podcast. Just got worse and worse, finally gave up after the Alison crap. Tried giving it another go recently and just shut him off after fifteen minutes or so, hearing the old jokes repeated again and again

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Medullah posted:

It really stinks too because I used to look forward to his podcast more than anything. I was listening to it when he was on the radio and the show was uploaded as a podcast. Just got worse and worse, finally gave up after the Alison crap. Tried giving it another go recently and just shut him off after fifteen minutes or so, hearing the old jokes repeated again and again

But, but... deviled eggs!!!

I noticed Vinny calling out Adams kids on their bullshit too. I cant beleive he told Adam macadamia nuts are healthy. I bought like a 10 oz bottle of those and it said it had 7 servings at like 200 calories per serving, and Adam said he ate a whole bottle. You could tell Vinny was shocked he ate the whole thing but was cowed into saying they were healthy.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Vinny is a loving idiot.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

JB50 posted:

But, but... deviled eggs!!!

I noticed Vinny calling out Adams kids on their bullshit too. I cant beleive he told Adam macadamia nuts are healthy. I bought like a 10 oz bottle of those and it said it had 7 servings at like 200 calories per serving, and Adam said he ate a whole bottle. You could tell Vinny was shocked he ate the whole thing but was cowed into saying they were healthy.

They're high in protein and high in healthy fats. Just because they're high in calories doesn't make them bad for you.

Also I should note I'm not sticking up for VInny. He's a tool. But basing a food's health on solely calories isn't really how it works.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
gently caress I could go for some deviled eggs tho

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Grant DaNasty posted:

Sonny missed the first week of school because he was with Adam in Monterey for his boys trip.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Dear Prudence posted:

Sonny missed the first week of school because he was with Adam in Monterey for his boys trip.

Oh I forgot about that. I'm getting all their breaks from school mixed up.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Re: Cleanser talk.

Adam you know they make cleaners that are specifically for cleaning toilets? You dont have to use Ajax and steel wool like its 1940 anymore. How did nobody in the studio have the balls to tell him this. You can also get those wands with the discs that go on the end and pop off when youre done so you never even need to touch the toilet.

You can tell he hasnt been in the cleaning aisle of a store in like 30 years.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

JB50 posted:

Re: Cleanser talk.

Adam you know they make cleaners that are specifically for cleaning toilets? You dont have to use Ajax and steel wool like its 1940 anymore. How did nobody in the studio have the balls to tell him this. You can also get those wands with the discs that go on the end and pop off when youre done so you never even need to touch the toilet.

You can tell he hasnt been in the cleaning aisle of a store in like 30 years.

I own a cleaning company and Barkeeper's Friend (A powder) and a green scrubbing pad is by far the best duo when cleaning toilets and sinks. I don't really use Ajax but Barkeeper's Friend is far superior than the liquid toilet cleaner. That stuff is more or less for maintenance in between scrubbings.

On that note, when you surround yourself with retards, expect retarded results. Like this, the measuring of his couch, and the endless other mistakes only idiots would make.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
I haven't listened for over a year but I'm really curious about what the show was like during the course of election season.

Did Adam go full Trumpet or was he wise enough to avoid that?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Kaptain K posted:

I haven't listened for over a year but I'm really curious about what the show was like during the course of election season.

He pretty much did the "they both suck" thing. He did have Trump phone in one time, and offered some anecdotes from him time on celeb apprentice, but he never went all in on Trump.

He never thought Trump would win, and thought he was running as a joke for a long time. I dont blame him, he lives in Cali after all.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

JB50 posted:

He pretty much did the "they both suck" thing. He did have Trump phone in one time, and offered some anecdotes from him time on celeb apprentice, but he never went all in on Trump.

He never thought Trump would win, and thought he was running as a joke for a long time. I dont blame him, he lives in Cali after all.

Well that's a relief. Maybe I can start listening again.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I mean, I think with Carolla you just have to let the political stuff go. In the recent Adam and Drew show Adam clutched the gently caress out of his pearls about Anthony Weiner supporting the estate tax, which IMO is a totally reasonable thing to support (in the context of taxes being a necessary thing that nobody likes paying). Not sure how he's been on his main show but if hearing a political thing you disagree with is a deal breaker well just save yourself the time.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

pangstrom posted:

I mean, I think with Carolla you just have to let the political stuff go. In the recent Adam and Drew show Adam clutched the gently caress out of his pearls about Anthony Weiner supporting the estate tax, which IMO is a totally reasonable thing to support (in the context of taxes being a necessary thing that nobody likes paying). Not sure how he's been on his main show but if hearing a political thing you disagree with is a deal breaker well just save yourself the time.

Estate tax is bullshit and is basically double taxation and punishing people for being successful.

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax

JB50 posted:

Estate tax is bullshit and is basically double taxation and punishing people for being successful.

Trump moron spotted. Go get aids

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

drat NIGGA posted:

Trump moron spotted. Go get aids

You mean winner spotted. :smugdon:

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

JB50 posted:

Any tax can be framed as "punishing people for being successful" and transfers of wealth get taxed. "Double taxation" is propaganda for useful idiots to repeat. With Lynette, Sonny and Natalia will get the first $10m+ tax free. They'll get 60% of the rest even if Adam doesn't set up trusts etc.. Assuming the new government doesn't change things, of course, which seems unlikely. Not sure how "successful" they'll be at that point but they'll be okay and it's one of the most efficient taxes.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Kaptain K posted:

No idea what the other guy is saying but he was always very nice to Trump. He has great kids, he's always been nice to him, he's always been. He never said one thing negative. If Adam voted he'd 100% have voted for Trump. Any time he was asked he skirted around the issue.

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax

JB50 posted:

You mean winner spotted. :smugdon:

I feel sorry for your kids, for they will be born retards

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

drat NIGGA posted:

I feel sorry for your kids, for they will be born retards

Already got 2 no retards yet.

Dont worry youll lose your virginity someday.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

JB50 posted:

Already got 2 no retards yet.

Dont worry youll lose your virginity someday.

Hey buddy, I think maybe everyone got off on the wrong foot. Now there's plenty of people who aren't retards who don't like the estate tax. I personally believe that the estate tax is there to prevent wealth from stagnating in one place, and if you actually look at how it works, it means your kids don't pay taxes for receiving your bequest! So it's not really double taxation, it's you getting taxed as a corpse so your kids don't have to! Now I'm oversimplifying it, and it might interfere with some high level trusts and how they want to manage their property, but the grand majority of people aren't even gonna get hit with an estate tax because their estate is too small and uncomplicated. You don't even get taxed until you hit $5.45 million in 2016! Are you a millionaire? Who are you defending? The millionaires? Sorry pal, but if you're a millionaire, I don't feel too bad about you getting taxed considering the above.

Now if you're making some trickle down argument, well I think history will tell you that didn't work out too well. But that's my piece!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Nov 18, 2016

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Hey buddy, I think maybe everyone got off on the wrong foot. Now there's plenty of people who aren't retards who don't like the estate tax. I personally believe that the estate tax is there to prevent wealth from stagnating in one place, and if you actually look at how it works, it means your kids don't pay taxes for receiving your bequest! So it's not really double taxation, it's you getting taxed as a corpse so your kids don't have to! Now I'm oversimplifying it, and it might interfere with some high level trusts and how they want to manage their property, but the grand majority of people aren't even gonna get hit with an estate tax because their estate is too small and uncomplicated. You don't even get taxed until you hit $5.45 million in 2016! Are you a millionaire? Who are you defending? The millionaires? Sorry pal, but if you're a millionaire, I don't feel too bad about you getting taxed considering the above.

Now if you're making some trickle down argument, well I think history will tell you that didn't work out too well. But that's my piece!

Theres a farmer on this very forum (I forget his name) who said they will have to give up farming when his father dies because they will have to pay so much estate tax. Thats just because they own a lot of acreage. I dont think the guys a millionaire or anything but theres a lot of valuable assests tied up in his farm.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

JB50 posted:

Theres a farmer on this very forum (I forget his name) who said they will have to give up farming when his father dies because they will have to pay so much estate tax. Thats just because they own a lot of acreage. I dont think the guys a millionaire or anything but theres a lot of valuable assests tied up in his farm.

I dunno man, who knows what his whole situation is or why he didn't put the farm in a trust if it was vulnerable to collapse upon the father's death. I told you what I know, and most people aren't farmers, so I wouldn't base tax policy for the nation on this dude's anecdotal experience. I do know that farms usually have a lot of unique deductions and tax breaks, so I wonder if those just weren't enough or if this was a case of bad management.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Think tanks shilling for the wealthy have tried to cobble a case against the estate tax with the family farm and small business angle (their usual case against taxes involves "incentives", e.g. if you tax income I'm less incentivized to make money etc., but unfortunately for them these arguments indirectly argue FOR the estate tax as being better than the alternatives). It never survives any scrutiny, even most of the individual anecdotes but especially as a whole. Other than fuzzing it with grave-robbing their only other angle is "hey it's not much money in the scheme of things", which we should laugh at because yeah, while there aren't that many super-rich people and the budget and DEBT are big things clearly there is sufficient money at stake here to turn out pseudo-academic whores to make these retarded arguments.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

If you don't like paying taxes you should go back to Russia, comrade.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Kaptain K posted:

If you don't like paying taxes you should go back to Russia, comrade.

Or just join Adam's Pirate Ship

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

God Dammit Adam stop talking about PLASMA TVs!!!!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

JB50 posted:

God Dammit Adam stop talking about PLASMA TVs!!!!

He's gotta come up for air sometime from huffing gas fumes, farts, and self-importance right? Maybe he'll take a look around and realize 2004 was 12 years ago.

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax
adam carolla : poors shouldn't own televisions.

I haven't listened since Alison was fired, anything new happen? Do DAG and Dana Gould still come on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

drat NIGGA posted:

adam carolla : poors shouldn't own televisions.

I haven't listened since Alison was fired, anything new happen? Do DAG and Dana Gould still come on?

No. He pretty much only has guests on that come from Podcast One shows. It's rare he has a decent guest that we've all grown to like. DAG, Gould, Larry Miller, etc. They're all "past" guests at this point. I think DAG was on one time this year.

For a better take on what's going on, listen to Episode 247 of Penn's Sunday School where he talks about the relationship between Adam and PodcastOne.

http://pennsundayschool.com/episodes/ Go to about 48:30.