Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
It's the fact that you literally can only have 2 people walking around on their phones at one time that's infuriating, I understand the dance pad but it's such a chokepoint on the whole event I can barely level anyone up...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

That's why they put out the Haunted Avengers Graveyard. It is another place that let's you do Hangouts. And these ones only take 2 hours...

And all it costs is 995 shards. Tiny Co. We know how to make money.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/BillRosemann/status/789567016487165952

Has Marvel allowed loosening the noose?

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

They're relaunching the comic line, they're making multiple Legends figures, their latest Funko box is X-Men themed, they're making a TV show with FOX based in the X-Men movie universe, did Ike Perlmutter die or something? I don't know if he's responsible for the X-Men shutdown but it totally seems like something he would do...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Maybe they realized there was a demand?

X-men in Future Fight and Avengers Academy would be amazing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My wallet (or Paypal account anyway) is already crying.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Does anyone actually like/care about the damned bobbleheads?

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Retro Futurist posted:

Does anyone actually like/care about the damned bobbleheads?

Yeah I found the whole "You can unlock Blade using your million pumpkins you didn't use for character upgrades, or you can get this crappy deco of Cap-Wolf instead!" thing to be incredibly humorous. That said, I have a bunch lined up along my outer wall.

On another topic, is anyone else's game getting hard to load? It's taking 3 to 4 attempts of the app crashing to get it to open for me lately ever since I downloaded iOS 10, I'm wondering if the game is starting to collapse under its own character weight which is making it difficult to load, especially during events where there's extra crap around...

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I'm on android and it spends like a minute on the loading screen and then like 10-30 seconds for all the characters and deco to pop in.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It depends, but i've had super smooth loading times, and then super janky ones. It's very inconsistant.

And loving hell, there's not enough traps to fight Dracula in his second tier in the time allotted. It's easier to just let him drop to tier 1 and kill him quickly.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

It depends, but i've had super smooth loading times, and then super janky ones. It's very inconsistant.

And loving hell, there's not enough traps to fight Dracula in his second tier in the time allotted. It's easier to just let him drop to tier 1 and kill him quickly.

I somehow managed to get both Tigra and Ant Man's costumes out of the pay crate (I was saving money for Blade but since he's a ridiculous unlock I figured I could splurge), and man, Tigra loving wrecks everything. I'm up to Streak 19 and finishing it after 3-4 battles. I also somehow still have 120+ traps leftover and like 50k candy corn, I feel like resources other than pumpkins this event haven't been hard to come by at all...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm running it on a Nexus 7 2013 and it sucks. It's better between events, but that's only ever a few days.

I'd like to run it on my iPad Pro but until they have cross-platform saves I can't do that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I cut this box close.

I'll get 2 more shots at Dracula, and I have 2 more prizes left. Those shots only get me up to 30 keys though. Luckily buying 6 keys is only 90 shards, and my 2 prizes are the costume or 50 shards. So if I don't get the costume on my first pull, I'm only paying out 40 to get it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I managed to get enough keys to open it once and got the taco truck. Weeeeee

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Just a heads up, if anyone else is having problems with the game load times/loading at all (at least on iOS as I have previously stated I was), I just deleted the app, turned my iPhone on and off to clear out the cache and reinstalled and hoo boy the difference is night and day. It loads the first time I try in like 10 seconds, so feel free to do that if you're having problems. Just make sure you've connected to Gamecenter beforehand, you can get your game data from that, otherwise you'll probably need a screenshot of the opening splash screen so they can get that 50 character long code in the corner for your account...

With that said, the only thing out of the box I didn't get was some bags and the costume because of course I didn't get the costume...

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

"Defy Mephisto" is the best quest I've seen in the game, hands down

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't have any Mephisto stuff happening yet, is there a trigger?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

I don't have any Mephisto stuff happening yet, is there a trigger?

There's a mission with 3 1m actions, then a 2 hour action that uses like 6 characters.

You also probably need Satana first if you don't have her yet.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Got it. Apparently iOS didn't want to update it until I actually went into the app store

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Napoleon Nelson posted:

"Defy Mephisto" is the best quest I've seen in the game, hands down

I was just going to say this!

http://gph.is/2eZvKCJ

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gnome de plume posted:

I was just going to say this!

http://gph.is/2eZvKCJ

I like how Enchantress is the leader there.

Ugh maxed out fighting skills Wasp and Enchantress barely made a dent in Mephesto.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

twistedmentat posted:

I like how Enchantress is the leader there.

Ugh maxed out fighting skills Wasp and Enchantress barely made a dent in Mephesto.

Try not-fully upgraded Falcon and Moon Knight, that's...fun.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Man, I was saving as many pumpkins and candy as I could to see if I'd have a shot at Blade, but now that I see the requirements I probably will just pump it all into leveling everyone. Needing like 200 of each pumpkin plus 200k in candy plus being strong enough to beat Mephisto's level 5 is absolutely ridiculous, I can't imagine what people are spending to get to that level...

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Blade requirements are a joke. So at least I know I can stop with this event once I get Dracula.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Interview for the Dr. Strange event is up.

twistedmentat's prayers have been answered, because it confirms an upcoming A Force event.

Edit: poo poo I just skimmed it the first time, I think they hinted at X-Men finally?

quote:

Marvel.com: Will players be able to finally slam shut the dimensional rift in this event, or could we see more terrors come through in the future?

Allen Warner: Anything is possible, but if players are able to help the Avengers and heroic sorcerers succeed, I think we'll be done with dimensional rifts for now. As you can guess, that doesn't mean that everyone is safe. A conqueror will emerge from the timefog. Monsters will be unleashed. An embittered robot will start a revolution. A new school will make its presence known, and challenge Avengers Academy's status as the greatest institution for heroes with powers. And that's just a small sample of what's coming.

Marvel.com: Can you give us any hints on what’s coming next for the Avengers Academy students and faculty once Kaecilius is dealt with?

Allen Warner: There have been clues about a known enemy of Asgard who finally got his hands on one of the most powerful artifacts in the universe just in time for winter. A legendary warrior will try to stop him, calling on her most powerful friends and allies to form A Force strong enough to save the world.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 4, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There was something recent from Marvel that was basically "Oh yea we may be adding x-men to your favorite games soon" which would basically mean AA and FF.

A Force means Captain Marvel, She Hulk, Nico, Medusa, Singularity and hopefully Dazzler.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nico is in the Strange event actually.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Nico is in the Strange event actually.

Oh poo poo thats right.

Dammit, still no Wanda though. She's missing from Future Fight too, which is the weirder one. Dammit I need to complete my non-mutant Waifu collection

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Strange event is up already and it's a full on month long one.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Nico is premium. She does mention being friends with a Dinosaur, and there was mentions of a T Rex at one point during the last event, so Devil Dinosaur?

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

As cool as that would be, one of the other Runaways has a velociraptor (?) called Old Lace, so it's probably her.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Radio! posted:

As cool as that would be, one of the other Runaways has a velociraptor (?) called Old Lace, so it's probably her.

More like a Deinonychus with a pedicure.

Dunno who else is premium but I liked Runaways so I might get Nico.

But goddamn can we have a little more breathing room between events? I barely had time to get on with my regular quests between Halloween ending and this one popping up. And Hell's Kitchen. And Civil War. And Guardians.

Edit: Wait, just saw Iron Man's wizard costume. It's all worth it again.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ancient One is the other premium

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
I just kind of wish they'd do more of those shorter events that use the normal mission board so I could do story quests at the same time. The MODOK event was a nice break.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, I've still not unlocked hulk yet because I still need to build the asgardian gauntlet.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Retro Futurist posted:

Ancient One is the other premium

We don't know that for sure. She could just have some obtuse unlock requirement that gets revealed at the last minute like Blade.

Lobsterman posted:

I just kind of wish they'd do more of those shorter events that use the normal mission board so I could do story quests at the same time. The MODOK event was a nice break.

Tell me about it. I reinstalled this game yesterday after I read the preview article. I thought hey, there's going to be a few days before the event starts, maybe I could unlock the Gamma Zone before the event starts if I act fast. Then this event dropped before I could even finish upgrading the Archives.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Man, after a pretty decent Halloween event, this Doctor Strange event is just plain garbage. Think I'm just gonna try to coast through this one and wait to see what they cook up for the inevitable Christmas event that will launch 47 minutes after this one ends...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's really obnoxious how much effort goes into getting the dodads to build the stuff you need to fight the guys to get the dodads to build the other stuff to fight the other guy.

The DC mobile game is okay, its kinda like MAA mixed with Future Fight, but it's got a really annoying tutorial that just takes forever to get though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

GLOSS posted:

Man, after a pretty decent Halloween event, this Doctor Strange event is just plain garbage. Think I'm just gonna try to coast through this one and wait to see what they cook up for the inevitable Christmas event that will launch 47 minutes after this one ends...

It's not too bad if you recognize the stuff that's not meant for anyone paying less than $100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

It's not too bad if you recognize the stuff that's not meant for anyone paying less than $100.

It's still better than TinyCo's Family Guy game.

• Locked thread