Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Does anybody know how to get the Shout Factory tv app working on apple tv? I don't see it listed with the available channels in settings or on the home screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I watched Turbo Kid a couple days ago and it was loving great. Ultra low-budget, but really embraces it (best "chase sequence" in a long time) and makes the most of its budget. The villain's main henchman loving owned, his 100% consistent "crazy eyes" regardless of what he was doing or what was going on around him was hilarious.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Counterpoint: Turbo Kid is hot garbage

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

GonSmithe posted:

Counterpoint: Turbo Kid is hot garbage

Counter-counterpoint: Turbo Kid is good and fun and cool, and has a great soundtrack by Le Matos. :colbert:

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
Snake Eyes is pretty good. It's on Netflix. It's just the right mixture of Serious Actor Nicolas Cage and Batshit Insane Nicolas Cage.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

neonnoodle posted:

Snake Eyes is pretty good. It's on Netflix. It's just the right mixture of Serious Actor Nicolas Cage and Batshit Insane Nicolas Cage.

Eh it's mostly Batshit Insane Nic Cage, but it's good fun.

Snake Eyes is the most de Palma movie that ever de Palma'ed. You've got every indulgence of his going on there.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

I just saw Hacksaw Ridge about the most badass WWII soldier (who never even carried a gun) and LOooooOOOved it.

Anyone have any movie recommendations (I don't mind paying for them but if that's not in line with what this thread's about, that's fine) for movies that make me feel like less of a man and want to be better all-around? Absolutely do not need to be war related/can be about someone from any time period.

Basically, movies about great men! And/or women!
Where did you stream it? :allears:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

coyo7e posted:

If you're insinuating he illegally streamed it, it came out in theatres yesterday.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

coyo7e posted:

I went to the movies :allears: they streamed it :allears:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Detective No. 27 posted:

If you're insinuating he illegally streamed it, it came out in theatres yesterday.
I'm insinuating that he's in the wrong thread, partially because that movie can't be seen streaming yet, and partly because he wants the documentaries thread, and specifically, movies about Audie Murphy :laugh:

http://www.biography.com/people/audie-murphy-9418662/videos/audie-murphy-full-episode-2072032661

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

coyo7e posted:

I'm insinuating that he's in the wrong thread, partially because that movie can't be seen streaming yet

He was asking for streaming recommendations like the movie he mentioned.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Not sure if it's streaming anywhere, but you should probably check out Apocalypto if you haven't seen it yet.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

coyo7e posted:

I'm insinuating that he's in the wrong thread, partially because that movie can't be seen streaming yet, and partly because he wants the documentaries thread, and specifically, movies about Audie Murphy :laugh:

http://www.biography.com/people/audie-murphy-9418662/videos/audie-murphy-full-episode-2072032661

Oh. Right. Sometimes I forget what threads I'm posting at.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Holy poo poo, no one is talking about Undecided: The Movie and it was so good. So so good. One of those movies where I'd recommend just watching it, don't bother with a trailer or reviews. I don't know when Netflix added it, but it's a great way to spend a couple hours if you can still laugh at this election.

It just got added yesterday, and yes, it's amazing, even moreso if you never heard of it before or knew it was being made for the past year.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Ex Machina is on amazon prime now and it's pretty great

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The best part of Snake Eyes is the song at the end where almost all the lyrics are taken from the film's dialogue.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Ex Machina is on amazon prime now and it's pretty great

Could have sworn that's been on Prime for a while, I know that's where I watched it, but yeah it's fantastic.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

Maxwell Lord posted:

The best part of Snake Eyes is the song at the end where almost all the lyrics are taken from the film's dialogue.

YES. It was like a giant blinking sign that says "90s MOVIE"

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

Huge Christopher Guest fan & almost halfway thru Mascots rn, really enjoyable so far, I've seen all of his films multiple times and this is just par for the course. Inspired at times, flat here and there but mostly great. I imagine that whoever holds distribution rights over his other films is what's keeping them from being available on netflix but holy gently caress would that rule if we could have unfettered access to best in show, guffman, mighty wind, consideration etc goddamn

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
8989 Redstone on Prime is worth your time, mainly for the well acted doofy characters and the end scene. Reality TV dad takes his home renovation show to Detroit, encounters spook em ups and horny camera men lusting after his daughter. It's really more of a comedy than a horror film.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

mysterious frankie posted:

8989 Redstone on Prime is worth your time, mainly for the well acted doofy characters and the end scene. Reality TV dad takes his home renovation show to Detroit, encounters spook em ups and horny camera men lusting after his daughter. It's really more of a comedy than a horror film.

Sold.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
If you haven't watched all of the Triumph the Insult Comic Dog's election specials on Hulu you're missing out. Probably the best Nate Silver interview I've ever seen.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
imo neuter him

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Looking for a good guys outsmart light hearted show along the lines of Burn Notice or Leverage, nothing super grim day, but an entertaining hour long show to was along with all the half hour comedies we are streaming. Anyone recommend something?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Prison Break? Longmire is pretty good along the lines of good guys win and it's kinda funny sometimes. Justified is along the lines of Longmire crossed with Prison Break, but also fits the bill until later in its run.

Supernatural if you like beefcake and magic. Grimm if you like beefcake and fairy tales. I'm not super into episodic investigate shows which lean to procedural.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Looking for a good guys outsmart light hearted show along the lines of Burn Notice or Leverage, nothing super grim day, but an entertaining hour long show to was along with all the half hour comedies we are streaming. Anyone recommend something?

Not sure if it's still streaming but Psych would probably fit your bill to a tee if you haven't watched it.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Medullah posted:

Not sure if it's still streaming but Psych would probably fit your bill to a tee if you haven't watched it.

We have watched it and love it. I'm starting Limitless. I heard its good.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Jerk McJerkface posted:

A Team

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

limitless owns

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Terriers might be something you'd like.

Mr. Toodles
Jun 22, 2004

I support prison abolition, except for posters without avatars.

Jerk McJerkface posted:

We have watched it and love it. I'm starting Limitless. I heard its good.

Limitless is solid. Others in a similar vein, Life, The Finder, The Glades.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

A MIRACLE posted:

limitless owns

It does. I still can't believe it didn't get renewed.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A MIRACLE posted:

limitless owns

Someone on here once described that show as "Burt Macklin, FBI, the series" and it's true. It's so good.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

atholbrose posted:

It does. I still can't believe it didn't get renewed.

I read it wasn't cancelled yet, but its just sort of in limbo. It's CBS though, right? So I'd need the CBS sub to watch it. Ugh.

Likely a comedy option, but I have watched this and it's fantastic.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Old and cheesy, but MacGyver is on Netflix and pretty much in that same vein.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Columbo!

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Enos Cabell posted:

Old and cheesy, but MacGyver is on Netflix and pretty much in that same vein.

Apparently there's a new MacGuyver series now? Out of all the unnecessary reboots in TV/movies I'm oddly ok with the idea.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Likely a comedy option, but I have watched this and it's fantastic.

No I'm serious. If you like Burn Notice you should probably watch the A Team because they're practically the same show, and Howling Mad Murdoch owns

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Justified. All day, erry day. All 6 seasons are on prime now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Justified is always highly recommended.

Did you ever watch The Good Guys? It was made by Matt Nix and definitely had that goofy lighthearted kind of feel to it. Bradley Whitford is (as expected) really awesome in this.

Edit: Looks like it's not streaming any more unless you happen to have Comcast I guess.