Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
housefly
Sep 11, 2001

So I hopped on this morning to check the daytime weekend scene. Turns out I did a lot better than I was last night. The connection was pretty decent.

I also tried hardcore and did VERY well in that mode comparatively. I have no trouble snapping onto targets. It's just staying with them that's the problem. Same in MWR. I played the gently caress out of the original, but the vast majority of that was in hardcore with a solid team. Today's games just confirmed that I'm more of a HC player at heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Zodack posted:

This bonus Salvage from the Rare drops is such a joke. Thanks for the 10 Salvage, I'll need that when I try to go up the chain to get that 3500 Salvage Epic, and the 1600 Salvage Legendary before it, etc

And that 10 login bonus every day! Nearly a month for the shittiest variants.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Also I'm fairly sure despite how bad hip fire feels at first after Titanfall 2, bunny hopping, wall running and hip firing an SMG is the most effective way to play this game.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
1 white supply drop has given me a purple, but four blues have given me nothing but 2 white, 1 blue

Getting real sick of this already

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Have you tried buying more?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Surprised how many of you sold out and got IW

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Surprised how many of you sold out and got IW

I don't know about anyone else, but I bought MWR and it just happened to come with space CoD.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

hella peeps on my friendslist playing IW, I'm ashamed

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

it's only selling out if you said you weren't gonna buy it this time and did anyway

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lmao steam

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
Can somebody help me figure out if I really suck at FPS's now or whether its just IW? I'm having a really tough time in some sections on "Regular". I don't know what it is, but the color scheme and level design makes it really hard to figure out where the enemies are - it's gray and blue robots and humans against mostly gray and blue environments. Dark buildings where enemies hide and I have to pixel hunt. Things just blend in together like crazy.

Then there's random enemies that spawn behind me and melle me to death in 2 hits. The AI doesn't seem to recognize enemies very well, I've had drones/seeker grenades ignore close enemies in favor of far away ones. Allies that don't shoot at enemies close by for some reason?

Or am I really just bad at FPS games nowadays? I played the newest DOOM on highest difficulty and had no issues though.

Just took this, can you find the enemy?

TheShrike fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Nov 5, 2016

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Mister Macys posted:

Have you tried buying more?

Yeah, give me a second and I'll drop $49.99 on the season pass to get 10 of the blue ones and a whole 1000 salvage

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Kontradaz posted:

Can somebody help me figure out if I really suck at FPS's now or whether its just IW? I'm having a really tough time in some sections on "Regular". I don't know what it is, but the color scheme and level design makes it really hard to figure out where the enemies are - it's gray and blue robots and humans against mostly gray and blue environments.
IW likes to make everything monochrome. Ghosts multi was especially bad since people could hide from me by crouching next to a wall out in the open. Color blind people really hated Ghosts

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Zodack posted:

Yeah, give me a second and I'll drop $49.99 on the season pass to get 10 of the blue ones and a whole 1000 salvage

:shepspends:

Actually, that reminds me; my PS+ expires this month. Time to buy more.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Further thoughts on the SP story of space-COD that was so hyped up: the moral of the story is literally that the bad guy fascist military-state has the right philosophy.

Also the final mission is a terrible mistake where the good guys give up everything they fought for.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Ah, so it's DS9. gently caress that.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I definitely have more of a problem with the way drops are done in IW compared to BLOPS3.

While there were guns in the BLOPS3 drops, none of them were super OP behemoths like some of this variant poo poo seems to be.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I'm sure the BAL 2017 will show up soon.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Kontradaz posted:

Can somebody help me figure out if I really suck at FPS's now or whether its just IW? I'm having a really tough time in some sections on "Regular". I don't know what it is, but the color scheme and level design makes it really hard to figure out where the enemies are - it's gray and blue robots and humans against mostly gray and blue environments. Dark buildings where enemies hide and I have to pixel hunt. Things just blend in together like crazy.

Then there's random enemies that spawn behind me and melle me to death in 2 hits. The AI doesn't seem to recognize enemies very well, I've had drones/seeker grenades ignore close enemies in favor of far away ones. Allies that don't shoot at enemies close by for some reason?

Or am I really just bad at FPS games nowadays? I played the newest DOOM on highest difficulty and had no issues though.
One thing is definitely DO NOT rely on the AI to watch your back or sides. They're just there to add flavor and scale for the story parts. In pretty much every CoD they will gleefully ignore a enemy soldier literally charging through them to smack you upside the head. The only time they'll help is when they're scripted to insta-kill a equally scripted enemy guard.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I honestly don't feel like any of the variants are OP. The flatline, ripper, windfall, and phobos are the best variants I can think of off the top of my head and none of them compare to things like the speakeasy or insanity from AW. Blops 3 added guns that were fundamentally different archetypes than any gun in the base game. I'll take IW's system over pure RNG every time.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

limited posted:

One thing is definitely DO NOT rely on the AI to watch your back or sides. They're just there to add flavor and scale for the story parts. In pretty much every CoD they will gleefully ignore a enemy soldier literally charging through them to smack you upside the head. The only time they'll help is when they're scripted to insta-kill a equally scripted enemy guard.

Yeah, the highest difficulties in CoD have been legendarily harsh. You will die in two to three hits, and even grenades are laser accurate, though thankfully they don't cook them.
If the enemy can see you, you are their primary target, and you have maybe a second to shoot them, or hide. Cover is required, yet if you don't keep moving forward, they will infinitely respawn (that might depend on the CoD in question).

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

loving love the kbar with stability grips.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Javes posted:

I honestly don't feel like any of the variants are OP. The flatline, ripper, windfall, and phobos are the best variants I can think of off the top of my head and none of them compare to things like the speakeasy or insanity from AW. Blops 3 added guns that were fundamentally different archetypes than any gun in the base game. I'll take IW's system over pure RNG every time.

right but none of the BLOPS guns were best in class, you couldn't "pay to win" so to speak.

This poo poo reminds me more of the AW model, which I hated

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
That was possibly the worst single-player campaign of my life.

Jon Snow's death was the most pathetic and lifeless thing ever. Also absolute LOL at the string of sacrifices towards the end, like every scene was a character sacrificing themselves.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

limited posted:

This especially in MWR. Sitting towards the back of a squad of Marines, and a random bad guy runs through the entire group to come up and try and knife me. I'd rather have no allies than useless ones goddamnit.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Kontradaz posted:

That was possibly the worst single-player campaign of my life.

Jon Snow's death was the most pathetic and lifeless thing ever. Also absolute LOL at the string of sacrifices towards the end, like every scene was a character sacrificing themselves.

So I think the dumbest thing is at the end of the Earth bit the good guys have a Carrier and have captured the bad guy's super-carrier with the weapon that one-shots capships. It might not be the upper hand but it puts them in a position to defend Earth and rebuild. Instead the PC decides to take Earths only remaining ships on a suicide mission. In the end not only are you dead but Earth has no space-defence system and no fleet left. Meanwhile the bad guys still have ships all over the solar system. You lost the war.

e: on the other hand I'm being reminded of how excellent MW's campaign was. The pacing is great and the AC130 mission remains as slightly disturbing as it was ten years ago. The series still hasn't produced missions as good as All Ghillied Up or War Room.

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 6, 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Not having any idea what the story is so far, as a Babylon 5 and Red Faction fan, I will state here and now that no matter the situation, Earth deserves to lose, and Mars deserves to win. :colbert:

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Not Jon Snow starring as Not Char Aznable.

Sieg Zeon!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

MWR having halftime in Dom is really loving stupid. I like COD4 and all, but some of the maps have terrible starting points in Domination.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is there an easy way to fix an moderate NAT

Both IW and the remaster have a moderate NAT(PS4) Anyone else have a moderate nat ?

fit em all up in there fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Nov 6, 2016

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Is there something fucky going on with key drops in IW? I get maybe a 20th of a key in TDM matches where I do 20+ kills. Is that it? If so, goddamn~

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

fit em all up in there posted:

Is there an easy way to fix an moderate NAT

Both IW and the remaster have a moderate NAT(PS4) Anyone else have a moderate nat ?

If you aren't, you can probably setup UPnP to handle ports for you. I'm a nerd and like control, so I forward ports manually. I don't know which of these ports are essential or not, but here are the ports I forwarded to go from a strict NAT to an open NAT:

TCP - 1935, 3480
TCP & UDP - 3074, 3075, 3478, 3479

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Potential BFF posted:

Is there something fucky going on with key drops in IW? I get maybe a 20th of a key in TDM matches where I do 20+ kills. Is that it? If so, goddamn~
Yeah that sounds hosed up. I get 2-3 every match, pretty much the same rate as Blops.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I sure as gently caress aren't getting that many, or I at least would've had at least one box by last night.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I wonder if it's linked to XP or something like that. Since you get more by default as you level up.

Also I forgot daylight savings ended this morning and I have more time before I gotta do stuff, so I'm going to get on and kill children if anyone is up for it.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

Yeah that sounds hosed up. I get 2-3 every match, pretty much the same rate as Blops.

Yea I have no idea what is going on, everyone seems to be getting at least one key a match. I'm not wrecking lobbies or anything but I'm doing 3600ish in Dom games and getting a sliver of a key.

Edit: dug a bit more and it is apparently a known but rare glitch. Wonderful :toot:

bij fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 6, 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

what if it's deliberately skewed so bad players get more... :tinfoil:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mister Macys posted:

what if it's deliberately skewed so bad players get more... :tinfoil:
t:mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Hey, between "Lag compensation", spawning people fifteen get away from the enemy, powerful one-shot inherent abilities, and AW using skill based matchmaking to level the playing field, I'm just asking questions here.

Question for people playing MWR: Is Countdown in the rotation, and can you still target a silo, and make the F-18s fly five feet off the deck?

• Locked thread