Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Finally, a millionaire who is willing to bring civility and reasonableness back into politics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Deplorable exmarx posted:

Finally, a millionaire who is willing to bring civility and reasonableness back into politics

And get rid of the jewishfeline specter haunting this great nation.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Ungh. It just seems so obviously patently crank. When did this ever work out for anybody

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
Also he is really loving old, the decisions he would make in parliament won't affect him for that long. Politicians shouldn't be older than 40 I reckon.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
An article titled "The Mega Rich Have Found an Unlikely New Refuge" (hint: it's NZ) reached the front page on HN. If you enjoy reading comments from armchair economists in the US "startup crowd" about the state of our housing market, you're in for a treat.

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Xik posted:

If you enjoy reading comments from armchair economists in the US "startup crowd" about the state of our housing market, you're in for a treat.

i don't enjoy that at all.

also, lol:

https://twitter.com/firsttothelight/status/794320559647563776

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

If I win that stupid amount of money going on offer tonight [1mil plus] I'll give everyone in posts on this page five bucks.

E. guess I have to buy a ticket

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

If I win that stupid amount of money going on offer tonight [1mil plus] I'll give everyone in posts on this page five bucks.

E. guess I have to buy a ticket

Do we get more if we don't post?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Hell yeah Mike for PM

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

The Northland organised crime police unit is 3 dudes lol.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

There are dozens of p manufacturing labs up here that the police know about but they just get told to leave them due to lack of funding.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Sauce

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

A policeman.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

A most reliable sauce

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

He was drinking and calling Key a racist cock so I'm inclined to believe him.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
"What's Zealand?"

http://www.newshub.co.nz/world/donald-trump-supporters-lash-out-at-newshubs-patrick-gower-2016110318?ref=newshubFB

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Paddy enjoys and understands US politics far better than he does NZ politics

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Deplorable exmarx posted:

Paddy enjoys and understands US politics far better than he does NZ politics

Paddy is a reporter that clearly wants to do sports, but somehow ended up doing politics instead.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

And then on finding out he was covering politics he took a bunch of stimulants and binge-watched Fox News to find out how it was done.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Vagabundo posted:

Paddy is a reporter that clearly wants to do sports, but somehow ended up doing politics instead.

This might be :thejoke: but he really is a failed sports reporter. MMP have more than 2 teams :saddowns:

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

I've also talked to someone who did some work with family planning up here and they were like "uh, why aren't we doing the most basic poo poo imaginable in the far North since they have all these social and health problems" who also got told that there's just no funding available for that.

Billions for new prisons to house all the Maoris after the fact is fine apparently, but relative chump change for police and preventative health up North? Nah.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Paul Henry leaving tv3, again

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
In a plea for attention way, or just because their level of pay is putting him below below his cocaine, yachts and hookers quota.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I've also talked to someone who did some work with family planning up here and they were like "uh, why aren't we doing the most basic poo poo imaginable in the far North since they have all these social and health problems" who also got told that there's just no funding available for that.

Billions for new prisons to house all the Maoris after the fact is fine apparently, but relative chump change for police and preventative health up North? Nah.

It's super frustrating too in that a lot of the (white) people who live up there are racist and say that any help for Maori is money wasted and then their next sentence will be about how bad employment/crime/health etc is up there without a shred of awareness.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Hey folks I actually toxx claused for Hillary thinking it was a complete gimmie. My time on this plane with you all is nigh

I am not even kidding, this election result may bring me back and closer to you all sooner than I really ever imagined. It fits with me too a little more because I have finished my training in junior web development and I am good enough with people Ive landed my first gig as a paid teaching assistant for a short-term while I look for opportunities.

I am going to be looking for opportunities in Wellington and Dunedin after talking it over with my SO in the morning, who went fast asleep under the complete confident impression that Hillary was going to be elected like 538 was saying etc. etc. at my encouragement, and is going to have a hell of a thing to wake up to like most of America

shits actually reasonably real in NZ too but I just cant even rn

<3

Im probably just gonna buy a new account with a new name and fresh hist to return back here btw

Jacobin fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Nov 9, 2016

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stay safe Jacobin.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

In the event that Trump wins, can I have a reminder who has a nuke pointed at NZ?

Even if it's a 'Lob one so they don't feel missed out' nuke, it still counts.

f.e: Also in a somewhat related manner, I'm considering getting lessons in survival training. Anyone know a good fellow?

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

WarpedNaba posted:

In the event that Trump wins, can I have a reminder who has a nuke pointed at NZ?

f.e: Also in a somewhat related manner, I'm considering getting lessons in survival training. Anyone know a good fellow?

https://www.facebook.com/CarrollStreetWingChun/?fref=ts

Before I left Dunedin this was my favorite eccentric neighborhood dudes, he teaches Kung Fu out of a shipping container on a car lot with abandoned cars and stuff. Its got a real street fighter vibe to it

This is not actually a serious suggestion tho

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

According to the movie Wargames NZ only gets hit with one, fired from somewhere near Antartica, if this makes anyone feel better/worse about our place in the world

Looks like Wellington too so I'll be the first off this gay earth while the rest of you suckers get to stick around

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

New Zealand is nuclear free, thank you :colbert:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

alpaca diseases posted:

According to the movie Wargames NZ only gets hit with one, fired from somewhere near Antartica, if this makes anyone feel better/worse about our place in the world

Looks like Wellington too so I'll be the first off this gay earth while the rest of you suckers get to stick around

How was smoking Wellington supposed to impair the country?

Also I'm not so much for Kung Fu as figuring out how to get food and water once we lose the ability to import poo poo.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

WarpedNaba posted:

How was smoking Wellington supposed to impair the country?

Also I'm not so much for Kung Fu as figuring out how to get food and water once we lose the ability to import poo poo.

Have you considered using Kung Fu to take food and water from other people :question:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Listen buddy, it's bad enough that I gotta sustain 100kgs of body through a post-apocalyptic irradiated island without being rude about it.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
For decades Soviet Russia intentionally produced incorrect maps to confuse the advancing enemy and their reconnaissance

We need to start by building on the long unintentional history of New Zealand being left off of world maps. Furthermore we need to prepare a Plan B to rename all of our desirable places such as "Hot Water Beach" and pleasant, tropical sounding Maori parks and placenames back into names like "Disappointment Bay" and "Starving Shepherds castaway".

Furthermore Flight of the conchords, movies such as hunt for the wilderpeople, these all need to retroactively edited and replace with Australian slang and australian placenames to distract anyone who would seek to flock to NZ in an emergency with the perception of it as a safe, bountiful place

None of this will help you grow food or otherwise, if the dairy's aren't stocking a good mince and cheese by the time I am back then its to the Kung Fu container and grabbing what I can

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

If God helped America to this, then the only logical reaction is to attempt to murder God.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

WarpedNaba posted:

NZ for On the Beach-style slow depressing death from nuclear fallout imo

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
Whats the best thing that could happen here? I'm thinking US dollar tanks so I can get good poo poo on amazon for cheap, then they split america into 2 bits, all middle bit and Alaska can be USA, the sides can be like part of canada or something. Then build a big wall around it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I think our best scenario is that China shelters our economy from the US tanking like it did during the financial crisis, and the Republicans manage to keep Trump from pouring too much gasoline on the fires in the Middle East.

• Locked thread