Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I ended up being INTJ when I tried that test, and the "Famous people" section included people like Stalin and Robespierre, so given that I'm not sure why INTJs in particular are so obsessed and arrogant about their stupid little label (it's because it seems to correlate with narcissism and lack of empathy).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Myers-Briggs is horoscopes for people who consider themselves above that kind of superstition. The same kind of people who think Derren Brown actually uses scientific techniques instead of the same illusions every other magician uses.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Why have I only realised now that Frank West has the sweetest laugh?

Tsaedje posted:

Myers-Briggs is horoscopes for people who consider themselves above that kind of superstition. The same kind of people who think Derren Brown actually uses scientific techniques instead of the same illusions every other magician uses.

Derren Brown did a great series where he met people like psychics and spent time with them trying to see if they were legitimate and showing how he would use illusions to pull off the same feats. At one point the guy is doing readings and challenges Derren to do one. The idea is to prove that Derren doing a cold reading could not compare to his "legitimate aura reading". Before the reading Derren explains to the girl that what he's going to do is in in no way psychic and is just a trick etc. After he does an amazing reading the girl is super impressed and in an interview afterwards says she thinks Derren must be a psychic lmao

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013

Guy Mann posted:

Only even worse because actual businesses and schools use it to filter applicants.

Yeah, the corporate world is loving in love with the MBTI, which is the biggest problem with it. Especially since it's all based on self-reporting, it really just screens out the applicants who weren't savvy enough to give the answers your future-boss would want to hear (an important skill for hiring and promotion).

Ambious
Sep 29, 2016

Hail Hoots!
New Extra Credit:

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

INTJ has the distinction of being the rarest (supposedly ~1% of the population) and therefore best and most special of the MBTIs. I recall that being very important to me when I was 14.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

EmmyOk posted:

Why have I only realised now that Frank West has the sweetest laugh?

It's so cute. :kimchi:

Kumquat's is the most contagious though.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

mycelia posted:

INTJ has the distinction of being the rarest (supposedly ~1% of the population) and therefore best and most special of the MBTIs. I recall that being very important to me when I was 14.

Yea basically INTJ is allegedly the 'rarest' and all its associations tend to be what we associate with 'leaders' so it's basically seen as the cool one for badass leaders in the making who will totally change the world.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

Kumquat's is the most contagious though.

ahah hah...

HAW HAW HAW HAW

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Deport The Irish posted:

Yeah, the corporate world is loving in love with the MBTI, which is the biggest problem with it. Especially since it's all based on self-reporting, it really just screens out the applicants who weren't savvy enough to give the answers your future-boss would want to hear (an important skill for hiring and promotion).

my prayers go out to anyone taking a personality test for a retail job, asking whether or not they "strongly agree" that "people deserve what they get".

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Deport The Irish posted:

I had to take an MBTI for college prep stuff in high school. I could tell it was bullshit garbage back then, too.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The MBTI is a fun party game.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

my prayers go out to anyone taking a personality test for a retail job, asking whether or not they "strongly agree" that "people deserve what they get".

There is no right answer to that question.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
:siren:FPlus Live V is now live on their YouTube chanel!:siren:

E: Hail Finland! :finland:

Benny the Snake fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 5, 2016

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Nobody looks even SLIGHTLY like what I imagined they'd look like. :psyduck:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

Yeah wow

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Bunnybread was at Live 3 and he actually does look like you'd expect him to.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

RyokoTK posted:

Jon Hamm?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

RyokoTK posted:

I picture him as a dark-haired white-but-not-pale bespectacled 30-ish year old man who would be in one of those commercials for a Big & Tall suit place. How close am I? I would check for myself, but half the Live 3 videos are private. :smith:

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

Jimmyfranks is a weed dad :aaa:

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Jimmyfranks has a mean pile-driver.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Goddamn Jimmyfranks looks nothing like I expected. I mean, I had no specific expectations about what he looked like, but it certainly wasn't Brian Blessed: Weed Dad.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I still see him as an animated hot dog news anchor, even though I've seen him. Boots is a sentient beard and Jack Chick is Ash Ketchum in a metal shirt with a giant head.

Bunnybread
Feb 16, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

I picture him as a dark-haired white-but-not-pale bespectacled 30-ish year old man who would be in one of those commercials for a Big & Tall suit place. How close am I? I would check for myself, but half the Live 3 videos are private. :smith:

Wait, you picture me as anything but some striking, suave literal Devil offering you a contract to sign?

Like you think of me as a normal human being?

What is wrong with you? I mean Jon Hamm is handsome, sure. But he's no ME, for fucksakes.

When I first met the Fplussies in person at the first live show, I didn't want anyone to speak to me until I had guessed who they were, based on looks alone. The only one that I got wrong was Johnny Toast so I think I got a pretty good geek-dar, overall.

Hope y'all enjoyed the return of Paula Deen. I thought it up and produced it in a few hours during a gravy-induced manic episode.

For the record, it was a BOWL of oil and not BALL. Though I was doing the accent strong enough where you couldn't tell what ole Paula was spewin out.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
e: ^^^ The Paula Deen bit is great as always.

I was not ready for Kumquatxop's beard streaked with gray.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bunnybread posted:

Hope y'all enjoyed the return of Paula Deen. I thought it up and produced it in a few hours during a gravy-induced manic episode.

For the record, it was a BOWL of oil and not BALL. Though I was doing the accent strong enough where you couldn't tell what ole Paula was spewin out.

I loved the Return of Paula Deen although you should've made her waaaay more racisty. Because she is.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

McGlockenshire posted:

e: ^^^ The Paula Deen bit is great as always.

I didn't expect Kumquatxop to look like my uncle crossed with Robert Downey Jr.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Bunnybread posted:

What is wrong with you? I mean Jon Hamm is handsome, sure. But he's no ME, for fucksakes.

I was being nice. I actually see H. John Benjamin.

jimmyfranks
Oct 2, 2014

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

Jimmyfranks is a weed dad :aaa:

What's a weed dad?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

jimmyfranks posted:

What's a weed dad?

A dad who does weed.

jimmyfranks
Oct 2, 2014

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

A dad who does weed.

But I am neither a dad, nor do I do the weed!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

jimmyfranks posted:

but do you have a long, successful local radio career because that's what I imagined immediately upon seeing you

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

jimmyfranks posted:

You just kinda look like one, is all.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

McGlockenshire posted:

I wasn't ready to be quoted by Bunnybread just now. :ohdear: I thought Isfahan and Lemon were the only F-Plus goons.

Also I was expecting Kumquatxop to be considerably more disheveled, sort of like a cross between Slavoj Zizek and Lewis Black but younger.

cobalt2009
Dec 31, 2008
Kumquatxop kinda looks like the guy that does the voice of Krieger on Archer

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

YeahTubaMike posted:

I wasn't ready to be quoted by Bunnybread just now. :ohdear: I thought Isfahan and Lemon were the only F-Plus goons.

Aside from those and Jimmyfranks, there's also Adam Bozarth and Boots Raingear as well.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The story that Jack Chick reads at F Plus Live is genuinely one of the worst pieces of fiction I've ever heard. It's INCREDIBLE.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
He was reading some Good poo poo at the karaoke thing too.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Kumkwatzop is the Krusty the Clown of the group. It's Lemon who's Lewis Black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

jimmyfranks posted:

have you ever thought that maybe you should do the weed?