Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Nancy Reagan wasn't an elected official.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

good evening everyone

http://i.imgur.com/yILIAiL.gifv

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Quest For Glory II posted:

good evening everyone

good evening! :3:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Wow the trophies on Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition are garbage.

"Incapacitate 25 enemies with dodge counter" how the gently caress do I bot have that? I dodge counter all the time! Oh right because always immediately get the upgrade that makes dodge counters lethal.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Update on new Odin Sphere: still an absurdly good game.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Just saw Doctor Strange
It was very cool and good
I would recommend

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

Just saw Doctor Strange
I would recommend

This is true.

Robot Wendigo
Jul 9, 2013

Grimey Drawer

bloodychill posted:

Close enough to Marceline.

I get the nerd accent thing. But there are a lot of different nerd voices in popular culture. There's the super nasal thing, the good pronunciation with gravitas and arrogance, the quiet with awkward laugh, the quickly-talking morning DJ who is excited about everything no matter how trivial, the unending squeak, the unending sarcasm tenor, this list could go on forever. Voices are fun.

My favourite nerd voice is the one that corrects another speaker by interrupting and saying 'Ah, actually...' I will pull up a chair to watch that show.

I have bowed to gamechat and have averted my eyes from the tempting curves and soft allure of MMOs. Oh, hello, Tales of Maj'Eyal, care for a drink?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Evening gamechat goons. Tablet finally kicked it so waiting from Wacom to see if i can get an RMA. At least I still have my sketchbook and mechanical pencil to draw.

So pretty much been doing that all day.

Will post when I"m done.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Today is the day that I am forced to admit my 3DS is dying and I am sad (not really).

But seriously it is crashing when I try to play fuckin' Boxboy so the excuse of "well it probably is just struggling with graphics intensive games" is no longer relevant, it just crashes whenever.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Took out that relay, but Red Bones is now just bones.

The last remaining Sectoid attempted to inflict panic on Alfalfa, and succeeded - whereupon he filled the freak with future space-lead as his panicked action. :allears:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone played RONIN? It's a turn-based action platformer. It looks ki d if neat.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lizard Wizard posted:

The last remaining Sectoid attempted to inflict panic on Alfalfa, and succeeded - whereupon he filled the freak with future space-lead as his panicked action. :allears:

Getting lucky on panic has always been one of my favorite things about X-com. Sometimes in X-com 1, my sniper would panic and just blow some really powerful enemy's head off from halfway across the map.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Okay, TR: definitive edition is done. Uninstalled.

Looking forward to the sequel, although a lot of people seem to be saying now that it's not as good, which is lame.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Liz Wiz you missed a chance to say "Red Bones is now Ded Bones"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

Looking forward to the sequel, although a lot of people seem to be saying now that it's not as good, which is lame.

its more of the same on a bigger scale youll like it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Also I saw Dr Strange today and it was pretty fun! Not perfect, but visually it was very nice and interesting :)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Today's been a pretty stressful day. It is time to relaaaax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBU2IJ1Mnjw

namaste

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Also also holy poo poo this is great

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Can you believe some people think dogs are cuter than cats

CJacobs posted:

Today's been a pretty stressful day. It is time to relaaaax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBU2IJ1Mnjw

namaste

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

Rip Red Bones.

I should probably play X-Com cause it looks really good.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Snak posted:

Did you do everything? I just beat the storyline and I'm going back to do the tombs I didn't raid but the rest of the stuff I'm probably going to ignore.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Liz Wiz you missed a chance to say "Red Bones is now Ded Bones"

Thank god you were here to say it then!

Welcome Grapplejack back to the team for the first time. Apparently she got lost in some kinda crazy autosave shuffle, but she exists now so who cares

A few of our boys are back in action and ready to team up with the newbies to steal from ADVENT. But what's that in the corner?

Enhance!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Just saw Doctor Strange
I would recommend

I also just got back from seeing Doctor Strange and it was super cool, but my favorite character was the Cape of Levitation

It gets points taken away though for not featuring Shuma-Gorath in any capacity, but oh well. Maybe in the next movie

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

Did you do everything? I just beat the storyline and I'm going back to do the tombs I didn't raid but the rest of the stuff I'm probably going to ignore.

Yeah, I played it before on ps3. This time I 100%ed every area before finishing the story.

Most of the collectibles are not interesting. The GPS caches shouldn't even be in the game.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

While I'm glad to hear that Dr Strange was a good movie, I'm still bummed about it because Marvel picked a lead actor I can't stand looking at. Something about his face just bugs me and I can't fathom sitting in a movie theater staring at a large screen with guaranteed close-ups of him. No thanks, Marvel.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Haha.

Haven't seen it yet. My biggest beef with it is that because of those sweet, sweet China dollars, they continue placating China's cultural war on Tibet.

gently caress China.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hahaha goddamn

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Snak posted:

Haha.

Haven't seen it yet. My biggest beef with it is that because of those sweet, sweet China dollars, they continue placating China's cultural war on Tibet.

gently caress China.

That totally blows, but Nepal is still a pretty neat location that fits the theme. The movie was good, definitely as psychedelic as the previews were promising.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snak posted:

Yeah, I played it before on ps3. This time I 100%ed every area before finishing the story.

Most of the collectibles are not interesting. The GPS caches shouldn't even be in the game.

At least the GPS Caches would show up eventually on the map if you found a map or take the "show all collectibles" perk.

In the sequel there's a perk that makes the Challenge items (burn X flags, break X pots, that kind of thing) visible with Survival Vision. Hunting down "that one pot I didn't break" was the worst poo poo in the first game, and it's great that they added in a way to take an easier way out with them. Same with how crafting in the sequel will often require Exotic Animal Parts, and one of the bonus outfits makes you sometimes get those from Normal Animals, greatly reducing what I assume was a headache if you played it on the Bone.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, it's also complicated, because the story of Doctor Strange going to Tibet and learning magic isn't like it's being respectful of actual Tibetan culture. So moreso than in most cases, this one is kind of blurry, since fetishism of vague eastern philosophy is probably better than misrepresenting actual culture.

It just would have been a great opportunity to make a statement. Like right now China is bulldozing Larung Gar, the largest monastic community of Tibetan Buddhist. The exact sort of thing that heroes like the Avengers would be against if they were real. Super heroes are supposed to be about sticking up for the defenseless, and I just think its sad that films about heroes can't bring attention to real injustices happening in the world even as they draw inspiration from its victims.

Doctor Strange being pro-Tibet would have been super cool.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Snak posted:

Yeah, it's also complicated, because the story of Doctor Strange going to Tibet and learning magic isn't like it's being respectful of actual Tibetan culture. So moreso than in most cases, this one is kind of blurry, since fetishism of vague eastern philosophy is probably better than misrepresenting actual culture.

It just would have been a great opportunity to make a statement. Like right now China is bulldozing Larung Gar, the largest monastic community of Tibetan Buddhist. The exact sort of thing that heroes like the Avengers would be against if they were real. Super heroes are supposed to be about sticking up for the defenseless, and I just think its sad that films about heroes can't bring attention to real injustices happening in the world even as they draw inspiration from its victims.

Doctor Strange being pro-Tibet would have been super cool.

lol if you think any blockbuster will ever be anti-china again

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

...til President Trump starts a trade war with them.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

Of course I don't think it will. It's just sad.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I would imagine most people don't watch movies to be prodded at about how bad the real world they live in is for N reasons.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

I would imagine most people don't watch movies to be prodded at about how bad the real world they live in is for N reasons.

That's the thing, they wouldn't have to actually bring it up at all. All the movie needs to do to be pro-Tibet is acknowledge that Tibet exists.

Tibet does not exist, according to China. China claims it's just part of China. So if you want to release a movie in China, you just don't mention Tibet.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

CJacobs posted:

That doesn't stop lots of cold-war era movies being about nuclear armageddon, or lots of movies in the past decade relying on 9/11-inspired visual imagery.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CJacobs posted:

Um have you never heard of catharsis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Americans enjoy seeing people be murdered, so calling for justice doesn't make a lot of sense.

• Locked thread