Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Khisanth Magus posted:

I just picked up the Operation Icestorm box from someone for dirt cheap, and I have a question. Are all the future infinity models I buy going to be this horrible of quality for flash and mold lines? I'm not sure I've ever had to clean up metal models as much as I"m having to with these. Normally I only see plastics with this level of cleanup.

No, usually they are small to nonexistent. You might have an early Icestorm box, those were produced to meet unexpectedly heavy demand and had worse flash than equivalent stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

BlackIronHeart posted:

That's super weird, I've only had one model with anything approaching 'lots of cleanup' from CB. Does the box have complaint codes in it?

Yes. I have no clue what those mean.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Khisanth Magus posted:

Yes. I have no clue what those mean.

They're a way to exchange defective product.

http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/18901-missing-pieces-complaint-codes-tutorial/

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Local store was doing a 40% off sale so I snagged a Gecko Squadron box. These are great models but I have zero idea what to do with them on the table. Any suggestions?

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Local store was doing a 40% off sale so I snagged a Gecko Squadron box. These are great models but I have zero idea what to do with them on the table. Any suggestions?

Main use is midfield bullet sponge that takes too many actions to kill compared to its relatively low cost.

I've also been able to use them as a round 1-blitzer that uses its chain-colt to kill poorly placed cheerleaders, but the Iguana would be so much better at that.

Here's the next list I'm planning on playing with them (not ITS, obviously):

Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GECKO 2 Combi Rifles, Chain-colt, Panzerfaust / . (0 | 53)
GECKO PILOT Assault Pistol, Knife. (0)
GECKO Mk12, Chain-colt, Blitzen / . (0.5 | 54)
GECKO PILOT Assault Pistol, Knife. (0)
MOBILE BRIGADA Lieutenant MULTI Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 39)
MOBILE BRIGADA Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 40)
MOBILE BRIGADA Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 33)
MOBILE BRIGADA HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 42)
MOBILE BRIGADA Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 37)

5 SWC | 298 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I don't expect it to go well, but 20x20 is fairly lenient and at least they'll all be painted. :shrug:

Edit:

I'm not sure why you'd take the version with 2 combi-rifles outside of WYSIWYG. The assault pistol covers the 0-8 range band just as well and the mk12 is so much better in suppressive fire. Is the 2-shot panzerfaust that much better than a blitzen?

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Nov 6, 2016

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Pierzak posted:

So, I've got the following Haqq stuff gathering dust and I thought they might make a alternative force as a demo army or something.

Help me whip this collection into shape. What am I missing, what needs to be changed?

Get a Djan HMG (proxy, convert, buy, whatever) and Hunzakut infiltrator.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

KPC_Mammon posted:

I'm not sure why you'd take the version with 2 combi-rifles outside of WYSIWYG. The assault pistol covers the 0-8 range band just as well and the mk12 is so much better in suppressive fire. Is the 2-shot panzerfaust that much better than a blitzen?

Unless I'm misreading what you wrote, there's a bit of confusion here - the Pilot has an assault pistol, he can't use it until he spends a short skill to Dismount from the TAG, something you normally only do if it's immobilized or hacked, because he is squishy and not as good at shooting. The Blitzen and PF are both Disposable (2 shots) firing at B1.

Generally speaking, I think people prefer the Mk12 as range is so important on a model that finds it hard to find total cover. The PF is probably a little less great against super hard targets (think the absolute heavy TAGs which haven't been wounded yet) but better against most things. 2CR has B4 on active turn, which will make a big difference once you get within 16". Don't sweat the Damage difference too much, in my mind it's mostly a range/burst trade-off, with not much in it.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I see it as mostly a decision about when you want it to be effective. The higher damage and longer effective range on the mk12 version makes it an intimidating ARO piece. Blitzen aids in this as isolation will stop your opponents Rambo in its tracks. The combo rifle version however it's better if you're going to be spending many orders on it, as the higher burst will let it make a strong impact while the panzerfaust let's it still threaten during the reactive turn. (I find it mostly useful if you have second turn, giving you a long range shot no one wants to be hit by.)

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Here's a very specific Nomad question: in the Hellcat HMG/Hacker blister, are the jump packs loose or in the little baggie? Mine's missing both backpacks, and I can't remember which complaint code is attached to them.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

grassy gnoll posted:

Here's a very specific Nomad question: in the Hellcat HMG/Hacker blister, are the jump packs loose or in the little baggie? Mine's missing both backpacks, and I can't remember which complaint code is attached to them.

gently caress it, send a "this is what I got in the blister" pic to CB with both codes and let them sort it out.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Genghis Cohen posted:

Unless I'm misreading what you wrote, there's a bit of confusion here - the Pilot has an assault pistol, he can't use it until he spends a short skill to Dismount from the TAG, something you normally only do if it's immobilized or hacked, because he is squishy and not as good at shooting. The Blitzen and PF are both Disposable (2 shots) firing at B1.

Generally speaking, I think people prefer the Mk12 as range is so important on a model that finds it hard to find total cover. The PF is probably a little less great against super hard targets (think the absolute heavy TAGs which haven't been wounded yet) but better against most things. 2CR has B4 on active turn, which will make a big difference once you get within 16". Don't sweat the Damage difference too much, in my mind it's mostly a range/burst trade-off, with not much in it.

Yep, assault pistol is on the pilot. Not sure what I was thinking. Thanks for the blitzen/panzerfaust rundown and the reminder that burst and range bands trump damage.

Odds of beating most rambo models with a burst 1 disposable seems pretty low, but I guess their advantage is that at least it is possible, unlike normal weapons during ARO vs heavy infantry or TAGs. It's mostly a "I might get lucky, are you sure you want to risk it," deterrent, right?

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.
Personally, I've never been overly impressed with the Mk12 Gecko over the dual combi Gecko. The large S value on Geckos makes it so they have a pretty hard time moving around without smoke support, and smoke gets in their way and costs too many orders to provide turn 2. Being active with them always seems to result in them getting bogged down by trying to figure out how to cross the fire lane of a missile launcher or sniper. They seem to work better if you only invest the orders to move them once to a choke point and then put then park them there on suppression (especially since you don't have to spend orders to exit the smoke to use their weapon), which doesn't benefit from the MK12 range. If they do move them again on turn three, usually everything that is easy to shoot at from distance has been cleared out, and throwing more dakka with dual combis at shorter range seems to work out a bit better. MK12 just isn't that great at rounding a corner and gunning something down at close range, as chain weapons only do one hit, and that leaves you hoping they don't just make their armor save and cost you another order, where B4 against a target with no cover on a corner rounding, you usually get multiple hits). Plus the Panzerfaust is anti-material, which are always super useful to have in your back pocket for blowing up crates/consoles, breaching armory doors (or making a new door).

MK12 model looks cooler though.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Cyclomatic posted:

Personally, I've never been overly impressed with the Mk12 Gecko over the dual combi Gecko. The large S value on Geckos makes it so they have a pretty hard time moving around without smoke support, and smoke gets in their way and costs too many orders to provide turn 2. Being active with them always seems to result in them getting bogged down by trying to figure out how to cross the fire lane of a missile launcher or sniper. They seem to work better if you only invest the orders to move them once to a choke point and then put then park them there on suppression (especially since you don't have to spend orders to exit the smoke to use their weapon), which doesn't benefit from the MK12 range. If they do move them again on turn three, usually everything that is easy to shoot at from distance has been cleared out, and throwing more dakka with dual combis at shorter range seems to work out a bit better. MK12 just isn't that great at rounding a corner and gunning something down at close range, as chain weapons only do one hit, and that leaves you hoping they don't just make their armor save and cost you another order, where B4 against a target with no cover on a corner rounding, you usually get multiple hits). Plus the Panzerfaust is anti-material, which are always super useful to have in your back pocket for blowing up crates/consoles, breaching armory doors (or making a new door).

MK12 model looks cooler though.

All good points, but especially the last one!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
One thing I'm not looking forward to in the upcoming escalation league: it seems about 5 of the almost 20 players are playing steel phalanx aleph, so as nomads unless I make my lists of all Intruders I'm not going to be hitting poo poo because their lists are probably all going to just be loving myrmidons. Which would require me to do Corregidor instead of Vanilla, which is what I had planned.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Steel Phalanx got you down, friend? You need flamethrowers. ODD no more!

Maxing out on Tomcats and Lunokhods is honestly not a terrible idea in general; airborne infiltration of a solid set of doctors and engineers is fantastic, and Nomad remotes are pretty dang good.

With the Lunokhod, you have the other option of ruining the Greeks' day, too, by gluing them in place. Immobilized-2 is a PH-6 roll, and it can only be cleared by an Engineer.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Khisanth Magus posted:

One thing I'm not looking forward to in the upcoming escalation league: it seems about 5 of the almost 20 players are playing steel phalanx aleph, so as nomads unless I make my lists of all Intruders I'm not going to be hitting poo poo because their lists are probably all going to just be loving myrmidons. Which would require me to do Corregidor instead of Vanilla, which is what I had planned.

I don't have a huge amount of experience playing against SP, but I wouldn't say that Corregidor is especially better off than Vanilla. MSV2 is great, yes take Intruders (as if you wouldn't anyway) but I have never really been able to exceed the Vanilla AVA of 2 on them anyway - too expensive. As said above, flame templates and direct templates in general are also good against ODD models, and vanilla has the sources of those (Morlocks, Tomcats/Wildcats/Brigada, especially Lunokhods, any of the TAGs) in plenty. ODD is a very critical skill, but if you can get people in good range, out of cover, with Burst advantage (so what you try to do ideally against anyone) you can still take them down.

Also, keep your Intruder back for the counterpunch, or if you're pushing him on the first turn, end the turn with him head down in total cover, don't just extend him until your orders run out.

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.
Bring a wildcat link. Will be all worth it when you blow a surprise hole in a wall with D-Charges, then send B2 flamethrowers through the hole for fiery totalhelldeath.

More realistically, the Wildcat HRL w/ assault pistol profile is a pretty brutal profile for SP in a link. Fiery template death at range, and Burst 5 to crit fish with. (Not that you really need crits with BS 16 in the link). BTS 6 so nanopulsers are sad too.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Khisanth Magus posted:

McMurrogh is the bane of ALEPH, as are all dogs. Take the big furry, become the yiffer.

Also, Chain Rifle Bandits (Or any cheap chain rifle jockey) do a number on SP. Remember, standard link fillers don't have NWI.

Morans bringing crazy koalas are a solid choice too, but if you're playing Corregidor you're probably taking max AVA of the FO variant anyway. If not, why the gently caress aren't you?

I'd probably take a TR bot to counterdeploy against whatever Agema/NCO they take

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Nov 7, 2016

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

KM is attempting to play vanilla, so no links or McMurder, unfortunately.

Of course, your other other option is to just ignore the Myrmidons as much as you can or funnel them away from the objectives with mines and TR bots/Sin Eaters. Can't win games just by killing the other guys, after all.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

grassy gnoll posted:

KM is attempting to play vanilla, so no links or McMurder, unfortunately.

Of course, your other other option is to just ignore the Myrmidons as much as you can or funnel them away from the objectives with mines and TR bots/Sin Eaters. Can't win games just by killing the other guys, after all.

I partially have a sour taste in my mouth from the fact that my first non-demo game was a 120 pt game vs a steel phalanx list that was 100% myrmidons.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Pidgin Englishman posted:

It's a pretty flexible model though. It could proxy as a malignos reasonably well, or as a nexus operative (as they don't have models yet).

Dredging this up because I'm close to finishing a mold for the Shas spec-ops mini (so I can freely tinker on some resin clones), and I was wondering if theres any art for Nexus Operatives to work off of?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Nope.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
This is my plan for week 1 of our escalation league:

Escalation Week 1
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

ALGUACIL Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
INTRUDER HMG, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 42)
ZERO Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
MOBILE BRIGADA Lieutenant MULTI Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 39)

1.5 SWC | 120 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Technically the LT isn't a LT as we are not using LTs in week 1 or 2, but ITS requires all lists to pass Infinity Army ITS validation so he is marked as one. I need to figure out what I want to fill out my collection, other than the obvious Gecko Squad and Iguana because they are loving awesome models. Currently I have the Icestorm models and ordered the HMG Intruder and a shotgun Spektr for the Zero.

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 7, 2016

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Khisanth Magus posted:

I need to figure out what I want to fill out my collection, other than the obvious Gecko Squad and Iguana because they are loving awesome models. Currently I have the Icestorm models and ordered the HMG Intruder and a shotgun Spektr for the Zero.

So I would advise you to start off with either of the warband troop boxes - Morlocks or Jaguars. Having warbands (any chain rifle or equivalent weapon, cheap, with close combat ability) is a great counterpoint to ragne weapons, having them available adds to the flexibility of your lists IMO because close combat and direct templates are things which circumvent the conventional gunfighting abilities of some powerful units you may find yourself facing.

Other things to consider - more Camo troops (one of the most powerful abilities around), remotes (somewhat more limited than conventional troops but have strong upsides), hackers (if your group is playing with HI, remotes or especially TAGs, hackers are a Nomad strength and a great tool) or more options carrying an HMG/sniper/ML.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Khisanth Magus posted:

Technically the LT isn't a LT as we are not using LTs in week 1 or 2, but ITS requires all lists to pass Infinity Army ITS validation so he is marked as one.

Just FYI, the ITS validation on Army 6 isn't a requirement in this case. You're not submitting this list to any governing body and the rules of the league say a lt isn't necessary. This isn't an issue on this list but sometimes lts have a different cost than their non-lt counterparts. Like if you made the Alguacil the lt it'd throw off your SWC.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Under 15 posted:

I'd add a riot girl, with a multi or a spitfire, and dump the jaguars. If the board is low-vis, smoke/msv2 combo isn't very dramatic... you can get to -12 easily from cover/low-vis/camo/surprise. With that being the case, you're better off just spending the smoke order going back into camo.

The Jaguars are more for chain-rifles to counter low-vis and any camo, rather than the smoke - although smoke could help with the Intruder dominating for a turn without any chance of ARO. I might drop one and replace it with another Alguacil.

Due to SWC there's no way I can take the Spitfire Riot Grrrl without a huge re-jigging of the rest of the list, possibly losing orders in the process. Thinking about it I still need a heavy ARO piece and I think the TR bot fits that too well to drop, especially if it gets buffed by the Hacker.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cat Face Joe posted:

Just FYI, the ITS validation on Army 6 isn't a requirement in this case. You're not submitting this list to any governing body and the rules of the league say a lt isn't necessary. This isn't an issue on this list but sometimes lts have a different cost than their non-lt counterparts. Like if you made the Alguacil the lt it'd throw off your SWC.

Not sure what you mean. I know that if I made the Alguacil the LT it would throw off the SWC, because that is what I did at first and couldn't figure out why the ITS system wouldn't let me assign that list. The guy running the league said to just do what you need to to get a LT in the list for validation so ITS would let you submit your army, even if that means making a list higher than the point value to throw in a LT, and just bring in the real army list when you play your game.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Speaking of chain chaff: finally started painting my YJ.

Nothing says "progress" like finishing 5 point chaff that'll be dead by turn 2 :negative:

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

glitchkrieg posted:

If we're talking proxies, can anybody help me find a decent proxy for the Nomads Chimera? Wanted to avoid buying and painting up some furries, so I grabbed some cheap definitely-not-Predators for the Pupniks, but now I'm stuck trying to find something good for the Chimera.

Finally found a decent non-cheesecake proxy for the Chimera...

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

glitchkrieg posted:

Finally found a decent non-cheesecake proxy for the Chimera...

Since someone recommended to look into a warband, would Chimera and her pet furries be a good one to invest in, or would I be better off looking into one of the 2 with more of a mix of weapons.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Depends on what you want to do with them. Nomad warbands are all good choices.

Uberfallkommandos are made to be turned loose, move across the board together and get into close combat as quickly as possible. The Chimera also has eclipse grenades, so they block LoF for regular and MSV troops.

Morlocks are able to spread out more, since they're not G-synched like the Pupniks. They also are shootier, although not too shooty. The smoke grenade launcher can be nice, depending on what you're up to.

Unlike the other two options, Jaguars are regular order non-impetuous, so they act more like standard troops. Smoke and at least one ADHL/Panzerfaust Jag can do wonders to take down heavy targets. They are notably more expensive than the other two warband options.

It is highly probable your warbands are going to get splattered, so don't plan on them surviving a game. If you want something to annoy your opponent while you work on objectives, they're good picks.

If you think you're going to pick up Bakunin or Corregidor down the line, that might help you pick.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

grassy gnoll posted:

Depends on what you want to do with them. Nomad warbands are all good choices.

Uberfallkommandos are made to be turned loose, move across the board together and get into close combat as quickly as possible. The Chimera also has eclipse grenades, so they block LoF for regular and MSV troops.

Morlocks are able to spread out more, since they're not G-synched like the Pupniks. They also are shootier, although not too shooty. The smoke grenade launcher can be nice, depending on what you're up to.

Unlike the other two options, Jaguars are regular order non-impetuous, so they act more like standard troops. Smoke and at least one ADHL/Panzerfaust Jag can do wonders to take down heavy targets. They are notably more expensive than the other two warband options.

It is highly probable your warbands are going to get splattered, so don't plan on them surviving a game. If you want something to annoy your opponent while you work on objectives, they're good picks.

If you think you're going to pick up Bakunin or Corregidor down the line, that might help you pick.

Does anyone really use vanilla armies at a tournament level, or is it all Sectorials to benefit from fire teams?

If I had to pick a sectorial it would certainly be Corregidor, which only has Jaguars for a warband, but I am not a big fan of painting plain old unarmored human models, and models I wanted to paint was what kind of drew me to the faction in the first place.

EDIT: What do people generally do for model/weapon combinations that don't actually have models. If I want to include a Hellcat with a spitfire in a list what do I do for a model? Another Hellcat model and just say it has a spitfire instead of whatever weapon it is modeled with?

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 8, 2016

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

Khisanth Magus posted:

Since someone recommended to look into a warband, would Chimera and her pet furries be a good one to invest in, or would I be better off looking into one of the 2 with more of a mix of weapons.

I have no idea, but after playing against a USAriadna player with a wolf team, I wanted to try something similar at some point. That said, playing about in army builder for fantasy lists, I've yet to come up with a list that uses them as there are so many other choices I want to include first.

Like an Iguana. That thing looks horrible.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Khisanth Magus posted:

EDIT: What do people generally do for model/weapon combinations that don't actually have models. If I want to include a Hellcat with a spitfire in a list what do I do for a model? Another Hellcat model and just say it has a spitfire instead of whatever weapon it is modeled with?
Yes. Like 1% of events care about full WYSIWYG, most have some proxy allowance. For casual games, the rule is "you proxy it = it's on you to remind the opponent what it is, even if he asks every few minutes" and you have to actively try to piss people off with proxying.
Alternatively, convert one. There's an (old-style) spitfire in the Vortex weapons pack.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Pierzak posted:

Yes. Like 1% of events care about full WYSIWYG, most have some proxy allowance. For casual games, the rule is "you proxy it = it's on you to remind the opponent what it is, even if he asks every few minutes" and you have to actively try to piss people off with proxying.
Alternatively, convert one. There's an (old-style) spitfire in the Vortex weapons pack.

Yeah, someone in my local group pointed out that the vortex model pack has a spitfire with the weapons in it. Will have to see if I can find anyone who bought that model and has the spitfire laying around, then I could just convert another Hellcat model with it. I'm by no means an expert converter, but I can usually manage.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Khisanth Magus posted:

Not sure what you mean. I know that if I made the Alguacil the LT it would throw off the SWC, because that is what I did at first and couldn't figure out why the ITS system wouldn't let me assign that list. The guy running the league said to just do what you need to to get a LT in the list for validation so ITS would let you submit your army, even if that means making a list higher than the point value to throw in a LT, and just bring in the real army list when you play your game.

Ah, sorry. I misunderstood.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Khisanth Magus posted:

Does anyone really use vanilla armies at a tournament level, or is it all Sectorials to benefit from fire teams?

If I had to pick a sectorial it would certainly be Corregidor, which only has Jaguars for a warband, but I am not a big fan of painting plain old unarmored human models, and models I wanted to paint was what kind of drew me to the faction in the first place.

Depends on your local meta. Enough arguments are had that go back and forth on whether vanilla or sectorials are more overpowered, which is a pretty good sign neither is a guaranteed win button. The biggest weakness of the Nomad sectorials, at least in my opinion, is that you lock yourself out of using Interventors, which are preposterously good hackers.

Buying what you think is cool-looking is honestly an okay idea, if you're willing to learn exactly what you need to do to succeed with it.

In that vein, the UFK sculpts are kinda fugly. The Jaguars are definitely the best-made Nomad warband out there, although the Morlocks are getting at least one new sculpt in the Bakunin box coming down the line. No idea if that means a full new set of Morlocks, though, and you'll definitely be waiting a while.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

This year's Interplanetario winner was a vanilla Aleph list.

Edit: here's the article with the Army 6 links.

Cat Face Joe fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Nov 8, 2016

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Yeah, Vanilla is in no way worse than Sectorials. People get really fixed on the fireteam bonuses, and they're great, I play a Sectorial and if you're doing so, you always take a fire team. But you are giving up a lot of flexibility, and once people are experienced enough to know the game and its units, it's much much harder to surprise someone with any of Infinity's secret stuff if you're playing a Sectorial. Fire teams themselves have powerful bonuses, but the coherency they need to stay in, and the way they shape the army list/deployment, also makes them quite straightforward to fight, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I'm planning on doing something silly and during the first escalation round that allows TAGs, which is at 200 pts, I am planning on bringing an Iguana. The question is whether I should bring any real support for it. I'm not sure how much I'd see hackers on the other side of the table at this point level, although I guess it might happen, and I'm not sure a hacker really helps an iguana if there isn't an enemy hacker to defend against. Also, I'm not sure I'd want to bring an engineer because the Iguana is only STR 2 and has an Ejection system so it is removed from the table when it hits STR 0 and can't be repaired at that point.

• Locked thread