Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe
The only reason I approached the well was that I hoped there might be a bit of water in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I spent an embarrassingly long time running after mirrors. :shobon:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I spent an embarrassingly long time running after mirrors. :shobon:

I actually ran out of time and died the first time. And came very close on the second :(

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

More HOS ending: Where does GO'D even take you during that ending sequence? Did he teleport you to a real place that you're running around or is it some dream construct or something? If it's the latter I always wondered why he'd add water to it at all.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Hobo Clown posted:

More HOS ending: Where does GO'D even take you during that ending sequence? Did he teleport you to a real place that you're running around or is it some dream construct or something? If it's the latter I always wondered why he'd add water to it at all.

I interpreted it as a world created solely for the purposes of the riddle. His whole thing is tricking people via these deals and riddles, but the point is that while they are designed gently caress over the participate they are still all technically "fair". Hence including the water.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
It's clear that Gaunter O Dimm, though powerful, is bound by laws greater than he.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Something that really pissed me off about HoS was the Oferi mage who was immune to dimeritium bombs.

I actually wish they made these things used more often. Having started Blood and Wine a week ago and playing through all the side quests, I've found that Moon dust is extremely helpful, wish that Dimeritium would be the same.

Blood & Wine

Any good way to make lots of money other than Hanse killings and selling weapons? I can't believe the cost of grand master crafted gear, trying to complete my feline set but the killer is that it's 20k gold just to craft it and then it'll be another 20k for ursine set..

TipsyMcStagger fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 4, 2016

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Something that really pissed me off about HoS was the Oferi mage who was immune to dimeritium bombs.

I actually wish they made these things used more often. Having started Blood and Wine a week ago and playing through all the side quests, I've found that Moon dust is extremely helpful, wish that Dimeritium would be the same.

Blood & Wine

Any good way to make lots of money other than Hanse killings and selling weapons? I can't believe the cost of grand master crafted gear, trying to complete my feline set but the killer is that it's 20k gold just to craft it and then it'll be another 20k for ursine set..

Selling weapons & doing quests should be plenty, B&W throws gold at you. I was worried when I started it because I spent nearly everything I'd earned in the vanilla campaign and HOS on one set of Grandmaster gear, by the end of the expansion I was able to make three more with money to spare.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Blood & Wine

There's always money in the banana stand Skellige points of interest!

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

Fun Shoe
I never really had much of an issue with money? Seems like once you get a saddle bags upgrade and just loot whatever swords and poo poo you can find you get a poo poo tonne of cash after returning from any dungeon.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Joda posted:

I never really had much of an issue with money? Seems like once you get a saddle bags upgrade and just loot whatever swords and poo poo you can find you get a poo poo tonne of cash after returning from any dungeon.

well coming back to play HoS and B&W after just doing the direct play through on release with all side quests really isn't that friendly to the wallet.

30k gold for rune crafting, 15k gold for corvo bianco, 20k gold for a single set of feline gear, 5k per enriched dimeterium plate to craft.. it's a LOT of money.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
So HoS and B&W are on sale, but the expansion pass isn't on sale because reasons. :sigh:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

monster on a stick posted:

So HoS and B&W are on sale, but the expansion pass isn't on sale because reasons. :sigh:

Because an expansion pass is usually preorder stuff, and the game's fully out for a while?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Blood and Wine entry trip report;

dlc owns and probably would still be GOTY as a stand alone. The intro owns, the constant stream of boss fights owns and even the side poo poo owns. Strutting up into a hanse expecting nothing in particular and then slaughtering your way through a army, in fact, owns.

The fact dude gives you three hundred dosh for it owns less, but hey. So does looting all those men, gotta get that food.

Unfortunately it's also dramatically more resource intensive and whooooa the video card can't take any more captain

dlc owns

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

Fun Shoe
My one complaint about B&W was that the Paper Trail quest ends up paying out with only like 500. They bought vineyards for this money you say? Sure, it wasn't much work at all, but that was a serious case of ludonarrative dissonance.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gamerofthegame posted:

Unfortunately it's also dramatically more resource intensive and whooooa the video card can't take any more captain

Weird, it actually felt smoother to me, despite being prettier. I'd assumed they'd figured out better ways to optimise it.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Well these expansion packs look to be pretty big :stare:

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

MikeJF posted:

Weird, it actually felt smoother to me, despite being prettier. I'd assumed they'd figured out better ways to optimise it.

Same and I'm putting it through a Radeon HD 6570, so I averaged around 25fps at 720p/min settings.

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

Fun Shoe
I also got a bit more slowdown in Touissant than the main game. Main game runs a smooth 50-60fps, whereas Touissant runs around 40-50 on ultra on my 1060. I think it may be related to the number of particles or something, since Touissant has a lot more atmospheric particles going on. Some places in the Fairy Tale World it would drop as low as 25-30fps, and that place was even heavier on particles.

E: Also, more foliage in both places, but as far as I can tell, they're drawing most of the foliage as particles.

Joda fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 6, 2016

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - Haha your first problem is running the loving game on Ultra. Turn down some options because the only difference between high and ultra is performance.

Anytime someone mentions how the game doesn't run butter smooth and they're running highest settings on everything I feel like maybe maybe it's their own drat fault.

Joda posted:

My one complaint about B&W was that the Paper Trail quest ends up paying out with only like 500. They bought vineyards for this money you say? Sure, it wasn't much work at all, but that was a serious case of ludonarrative dissonance.

It was pretty silly getting all that build up and almost killed for poo poo you find stealing from bandits, but I'd long since given up expecting quests to give you much of anything other than a fun experience.

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

Fun Shoe

Drifter posted:

^^^ - Haha your first problem is running the loving game on Ultra. Turn down some options because the only difference between high and ultra is performance.

Hey, I've just gotten a new graphics card. I'm gonna crank up every dial, drop-down and slider even if it means I get 10fps :colbert:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'd say Heart of Stone is about average size, but Blood And Wine is ridiculously huge.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

MikeJF posted:

I'd say Heart of Stone is about average size, but Blood And Wine is ridiculously huge.

Hearts of Stone is not insignificant, though. It adds about a quarter of new space to the Novigrad worldmap.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Arcsquad12 posted:

Hearts of Stone is not insignificant, though. It adds about a quarter of new space to the Novigrad worldmap.

Yeah, but that area had more of the same feel, while Toussaint is a completely new place.

Also HoS felt much smaller. For example I got captured by

Princes men and taken to a long sea voyage back to their home.
We got shipwrecked on strange shores far away... wait we were on a beach just north of novigrad!

Issaries fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Nov 6, 2016

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

I saw the Toussaint map was about the same size as Velen(which itself looks as big as Skyrim) and nearly had a panic attack, I've spent nearly 30 hours now in Velen and barely scratched the surface, I'll never finish this game.

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

This is the part when you try to stop me and I beat the hell out of you.
More than 200 hours of playtime and I've just found out you can directly consume potions/food from the inventory by selecting them and pressing "E". Always thought Wolven Hour was bugged. Glad I never needed it.

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yeah, sometimes the fact that the GUI and interface were designed for controllers does shine through.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Ironic, since it's incredibly bad to use with a controller.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

2house2fly posted:

Ironic, since it's incredibly bad to use with a controller.

Can you give an example of an rpg with what you consider a good UI? One that's based around controller.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Winds howling.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

C'mon Roach!

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

*purrs*

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Miles and miles and miles...

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Patrolling Ofier makes you wish for the White Frost.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
Is anyone playing the Gwent closed beta / is there a Gwent thread that I couldn't find?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Somebody in another thread mentioned that CDPR is fighting a hostile takeover and that it could have something to do with EA wanting to buy them. Anybody knows what I'm talking about and if there's any truth to it? I hope it's all lies.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Norns posted:

C'mon Roach!

Run, Roach!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Palpek posted:

Somebody in another thread mentioned that CDPR is fighting a hostile takeover and that it could have something to do with EA wanting to buy them. Anybody knows what I'm talking about and if there's any truth to it? I hope it's all lies.

Don't even want to consider that option.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.red...android-bell-ca

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

But think about all the exciting opportunities, like turning Cyberpunk 2077 into an episodic always-online multiplayer game with regular releases of exclusive enhanced DLC abilities and items!