Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Just carry a bag like your favourite pocket monsters characters do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jwang
Mar 31, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Are they comfy and easy to wear?

From my experience: yes, and you can fit as many portable devices you want in them. Make sure you're wearing a belt though, don't want all that weight to drop your shorts.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Are they comfy and easy to wear?

Especially when I zip off the legs

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jwang posted:

From my experience: yes, and you can fit as many portable devices you want in them. Make sure you're wearing a belt though, don't want all that weight to drop your shorts.

Sometimes that's the idea though. Much easier way to show off your package than "accidentally" dropping a monster condom for your magnum dong.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

hopeandjoy posted:

In that case, I've never owned a portable system, because Nintendo's never made one that can fit in women's pants pockets.

Then again, companies don't make wallets or phones that fit either.

Women's pockets are loving worthless. Yes I know that's the joke but they really are. Why?

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

TriffTshngo posted:

People who put stuff in their back pockets are degenerates.

It's the Wallet Pocket for a reason you goddamn monster.

Rudoku posted:

Women's pockets are loving worthless. Yes I know that's the joke but they really are. Why?

Some are just sewn shut and can be opened!

Otherwise...yeah what the gently caress why do women not get legitimate pockets

Injuryprone posted:

Especially when I zip off the legs

Mods? Mods?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Classtoise posted:

Otherwise...yeah what the gently caress why do women not get legitimate pockets

The deal was you either got skirts or pockets, the union of the two is the forbidden practice of fashion. The pacts were made and we must live with them, or fall into the dread abyss of Ultilikilts.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Classtoise posted:

why do women not get legitimate pockets

'Cause then they won't also have to buy purses. Like most of women's fashion, the key word is 'exploitation'.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
That is one of the dumbest things I have seen posted in this topic of dumb things. Because ah, yes, most women could certainly fit all of the things they put in purses in their pockets if only they had them and they certainly don't need any of it, no sir, not any of it. Every bit of things in purses are only there because women are dumb and exploited and definitely don't need spare tampons.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Decus posted:

That is one of the dumbest things I have seen posted in this topic of dumb things. Because ah, yes, most women could certainly fit all of the things they put in purses in their pockets if only they had them and they certainly don't need any of it, no sir, not any of it. Every bit of things in purses are only there because women are dumb and exploited and definitely don't need spare tampons.

I'm glad we agree and you aren't just having the dumbest meltdown.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

where's the problem?

(also dresses with pockets are the best)

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Lupus Rufus posted:

where's the problem?

(also dresses with pockets are the best)

Agreed. A dress having pockets is what will make me buy a dress.

The idea behind why women's pants don't have pockets is that we would look all lumpy if we actually put stuff in them, so it's best that the pockets are decorative only, according to the fashion industry.

I just tend to hear a lot of sweaters with pockets.

My 3DS usually lives in my purse or messenger bag.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
So I'm a couple hours into Omega Ruby after dumping my White team into the bank (was I the only one who got completely wiped by that crazy hydreigon at the end??), get access to all the online stuff, and after 20 minutes of dumping crap from White into the Wonder Trade I chuck a worthless Wurmple I got into it and a maxed out, shiny, jolly obviously hacked Rayquaza plops out.

Is this the norm for this thing or was that an outlier

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Perfect Potato posted:

(was I the only one who got completely wiped by that crazy hydreigon at the end??)

Nah, Ghetsis is some poo poo.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

AlphaKretin posted:

Nah, Ghetsis is some poo poo.

Like, I had a full party and I don't think I landed a single loving hit on the thing. It just one hit ko'd every single pokemon I had. Dark, Dragon, Fire, Water, all of my party's core weaknesses on one pokemon. Luckily I was running Operation Candied Hellfire so I just jammed the 9 rare candies I had down the fire bug's throat to turn it into Volcarona and stomped it in the next fight with a bug move using the crit item but still I wasn't actually expecting that to be necessary.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Yeah, don't worry. That Hydreigon is a pretty big roadblock for a lot of people. Its heavy coverage is one reason why.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

on my last nuzlocke through black I lost 3 mons to it and managed to set up enough lilligant quiver dances on a missed fire blast to sweep the rest of his team

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I'm kinda wondering how bad it was needed for B2, because it was just another casualty of my murdertrain Scrafty IIRC.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I have carried every generation of Nintendo handheld in my pocket with no issues whatsoever. The switch doesn't look like it will fit but also it's not really designed that way so who cares.

As an aside, who the hell puts their wallet in their back pocket???

Classtoise posted:

It's the Wallet Pocket for a reason you goddamn monster.

What reason would that be? Is the key feature being really uncomfortable while sitting, forgetting where the hell you put it, or the easy access for thieves on the street?

Edit: Grammer

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I had trouble with that Hydreigon the first time I played BW, but then I learned of the power of Scrafty.

But yeah, for future strategy, the thing has a crippling Fighting weakness. (And Bug weakness but that can be harder to pull off a strong enough move for.)

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Funkmaster General posted:

I have carried every generation of Nintendo handheld in my pocket with no issues whatsoever. The switch doesn't look like it will fit but also it's not really designed that way so who cares.

As an aside, who the hell puts their wallet in their back pocket???

What reason would that be? Is the key feature being really uncomfortable while sitting, forgetting where the hell you put it, or the easy access for thieves on the street?

Edit: Grammer

I mean you can always button it closed or something.

Also if Hank Hill can tolerate a back pocket wallet then so can you :colbert:

Pokemon. There now it's related.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Last Celebration posted:

I'm kinda wondering how bad it was needed for B2, because it was just another casualty of my murdertrain Scrafty IIRC.

The B2W2 version is nerfed - it uses Physical moves, has less coverage, and is equipped with a Life Orb that ensures it'll kill itself if you just keep popping Revives.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Funkmaster General posted:

As someone who puts his wallet in his back pocket: after a while you don't really notice it's there any more, you routinely rotate it into the next pair of pants, and why the gently caress do you live in a shithole?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
any city in the world: apparently a shithole

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
like you must be the most sheltered person in the world if "has thieves" is the line for being a shithole

also you probably live in a cave in the mountains so congrats on somehow having internet

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

Also you probably live in a cave in the mountains so congrats on somehow having internet

Also known as "suburbs"

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Also known as "suburbs"

but he said the place wasn't a shithole....

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

any city in the world: apparently a shithole

If pickpockets are a significant-enough concern for you that you can't envision putting your wallet in a back pocket, then yes, you live in a shithole.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
can confirmed, I live in a shithole

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
The only place I've even had my pocket picked was the El Cortez in Vegas and I can confirm that place is a shithole so this checks out.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

people who don't think pickpocketing is a real problem also think pickpockets dress up in striped prisoner's outfits and domino masks

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

oddium posted:

people who don't think pickpocketing is a real problem also think pickpockets dress up in striped prisoner's outfits and domino masks

It's definitely a real problem but it's not some huge epidemic worthy of putting your wallet in a less secure pocket that happens to occasionally have your hand over it. Literally every time I've lost my wallet it was wherever my pants from the day before were because I was too tired to pull it out.

Also buttons tend to thwart pickpockets. Velcro, too! I'm not even being facetious, if they can't quickly and quietly snatch it they're probably not gonna bother! If they wanted your wallet badly enough to confront you, they'd just loving mug you!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
if you're too tired to pull it out your front pocket how are you not too tired to pull it out your back one

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

oddium posted:

Dude what the gently caress, that's a dumbshit thing to say.

They're all children in ragged clothing and newsies hats with thick cockney accents.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Imagine how easy it would be to steal Pokeballs

Ok I'll hang up and listen

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Aerdan posted:

If pickpockets are a significant-enough concern for you that you can't envision putting your wallet in a back pocket, then yes, you live in a shithole.

Don't listen to this reverse psychology this is how pickpockets set up their next victim

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm a woman AND i carry my wallet in my back pocket

what other pocket would you put it in?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Front pocket. Front pocket designed wallets are even a thing.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

if you're too tired to pull it out your front pocket how are you not too tired to pull it out your back one

That's not what I was saying. I'm saying "the only time I've ever lost my wallet it's because I was lazy or tired and forgot to take it out and put it on my desk".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Classtoise posted:

That's not what I was saying. I'm saying "the only time I've ever lost my wallet it's because I was lazy or tired and forgot to take it out and put it on my desk".

ah, that makes more sense, my b