Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

(OK YouTube probably has ads, now that I think about it. But why would you ever turn off your adblocker?)

Funny you should mention that... :razz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

GhostDog posted:

You might prefer people being paid for the content they create, not for the ad space they sell. It might be that ad-supported content just leads to quantity over quality. It would obviously require that participating in Youtube Red or having ads on your videos be mutually exclusive, otherwise it's just subscription money on top of ad money.

Or you could see it more charitably and consider it a base income for content creators so they're not starving as soon as they have a few videos that don't get enough views. Or get sick and can't release videos for a few weeks.

Or you just want to give more money to Google because you love them so much.

Why can't you do microdonations from the YouTube interface? There are obviously services out there that allow you to do this, but they are rarely used because it's so complicated to set up on all sides.

This is a huge opportunity. Finance all the retarded click bait videos through ads and the high quality content through donations. Something for everyone.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
I sometimes watch youtube stuff on tablet/phone, and blocking ads on those without getting a Master in High Nerdology is nigh on impossible.

Plus, as GhostDog says, if i can pay :10bux: and have them to go the people i watch and not have to worry about ads, then i'd be happy.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

And here's the reason why failing to describe ad blockers as url blockers is retarded.

Edit: The entire article is stupid as gently caress as well by talking exclusively about ads and not about the generalized case of controlling how one's own Maschine interacts with the internet.

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Nov 1, 2016

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Mithaldu posted:

I sometimes watch youtube stuff on tablet/phone, and blocking ads on those without getting a Master in High Nerdology is nigh on impossible.

Plus, as GhostDog says, if i can pay :10bux: and have them to go the people i watch and not have to worry about ads, then i'd be happy.

Huh? I'm using Firefox mobile and installing unlock origin took something like 30sec. I can't even remember when I have seen a youtube ad the last time.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

I like to actually use the youtube app for comfortable watching.

Edit: Just tried with FF and ublock origin on my phone and the videos don't even play. The video controls just flicker a bunch, but despite the progress bar indicating loaded video data nothing happens when i press play.

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Nov 1, 2016

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

quote:

Zudem ist davon auszugehen, dass die Werbewirtschaft und die Anbieter von mit Werbung finanzierten Online-Inhalten darauf achten, dass die Nutzer durch die Übermittlung von Werbung nicht geschädigt werden.

SUUUUUUUURE

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

GhostDog posted:

SUUUUUUUURE

laffo. this is so stupid it could have been oettinger's idea.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
I also watch a lot of YouTube on my TV via Chromecast. Can't block ads on there. Also afaik YouTube red also includes a Google play music subscription at least in the US. Each of those things alone would not be enough for me to shell out 10€ a month. Both of them combined tho...

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

the 'tine for the SPD imo

also release the Piraten again

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
no lets not actually

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

http://www.dw.com/en/afd-threatened-by-civil-war-over-saarland-nazi-ties/a-36224894

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

just get it over with, afd. dehumanise you're selves and face to nazi.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Oh Gott, ich glaube ich bin zu lange schon im Internet unterwegs. Als ich gerade in der News app die (BILD) Überschrift "Tötete Mutter ihre Kinder (1 und 4)?" gelesen habe, war mein erster Gedanke "und jetzt sucht die Polizei bestimmt noch nach Kind 2 und 3 die es nie gab"

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
In today's edition of "WELT is trash", we give you the WELT comment on Oettinger:

https://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/article159228650/Oettinger-entschuldigt-sich-fuer-Schlitzaugen-Aeusserung.html

quote:

Oettinger hatte in einer Rede in Hamburg unter anderem Chinesen als „Schlitzaugen“ bezeichnet und gesagt, die Chinesen sähen aus, als hätten sie „alle Haare von links nach rechts mit schwarzer Schuhcreme gekämmt“. DAfür hatte er den Vorwurf des Rassismus auf sich gezogen.

Zudem sprach er von einer „Pflicht-Homoehe“ und machte missverständliche Äußerungen zur Frauenquote. Daraufhin brach ein Sturm der Entrüstung los und Oettinger sah sich sogar mit Rücktrittsforderungen konfrontiert.

Let's count the ways in which WELT is implicitly defending Oetti :coffeepal:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

yo gently caress die welt

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

quote:

Er sehe ein, dass seine Wortwahl negative Gefühle erzeugt habe
So that's how "i'm sorry you feel that way" is said in german.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Datenschutz meine Damen und Herren, Datenschutz!
(ist nicht so wichtig, wir müssen Geld verdienen)

https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Abgegriffene-Browserdaten-Intime-Details-von-Spitzenpolitikern-nachvollziehbar-3455082.html

Ausserdem: Lol, Oettinger...

Nektu fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Nov 3, 2016

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

botany posted:

In today's edition of "WELT is trash", we give you the WELT comment on Oettinger:

https://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/article159228650/Oettinger-entschuldigt-sich-fuer-Schlitzaugen-Aeusserung.html

Mein Favorit ist das kleine "sogar" am Ende.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Nach SPIEGEL-Informationen ermittelt die Staatsanwaltschaft München gegen Facebook-Chef Mark Zuckerberg und andere Manager des Konzerns. Es geht um den Verdacht auf Beihilfe zur Volksverhetzung.

http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/web/facebook-staatsanwaltschaft-ermittelt-gegen-mark-zuckerberg-a-1119746.html

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

aphid_licker posted:

Nach SPIEGEL-Informationen ermittelt die Staatsanwaltschaft München gegen Facebook-Chef Mark Zuckerberg und andere Manager des Konzerns. Es geht um den Verdacht auf Beihilfe zur Volksverhetzung.

http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/web/facebook-staatsanwaltschaft-ermittelt-gegen-mark-zuckerberg-a-1119746.html

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Grundsätzlich führt jede Anzeige zu "Ermittlungen", i.e. dem Beginn eines Strafverfahrens. Das ist ohne weitere Details eine banale und belanglose Sau, die durchs Journailliedorf getrieben wird.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

Randler posted:

Grundsätzlich führt jede Anzeige zu "Ermittlungen", i.e. dem Beginn eines Strafverfahrens. Das ist ohne weitere Details eine banale und belanglose Sau, die durchs Journailliedorf getrieben wird.

Also Business as usual in D

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

botany posted:

It's not a comment, it's a Bericht.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
A strong, passionate position on our oriental competitors in the east, currently very visible in the public eye AND nearly 40 years of political experience? Guys, I think we just found our new Bundespräsident.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Might as well nominate *schluck* Seehofer then.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
http://www.tagesschau.de/inland/bundespraesident-kandidaten-spitzentreffen-101.html

quote:

In Sachen Gauck-Nachfolge sieht eher nach Konfrontation als nach Konsens aus: Kurz vor dem Spitzentreffen der Großkoalitionäre deutet nichts auf eine erfolgreiche Suche nach einem gemeinsamen Kandidaten hin. Die SPD setzt auf Steinmeier. Die Union nicht.
:iceburn: ?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Die Sozen schlagen tatsächlich Steinmeier als Kandidaten vor? Meine Fresse. Und ich dachte die SPD hätte schon das Höchstmaß an moralischer Verkommenheit erreicht.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Randler posted:

Die Sozen schlagen tatsächlich Steinmeier als Kandidaten vor? Meine Fresse. Und ich dachte die SPD hätte schon das Höchstmaß an moralischer Verkommenheit erreicht.

If Steinmeier wird Bundespräsident ich wandere aus nach Kanada.

(Die haben doch nen Dachschaden, da können die genauso gut Dieter Bohlen vorschlagen.)

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

(Die haben doch nen Dachschaden, da können die genauso gut Dieter Bohlen vorschlagen.)

Lefloyd for Bundespräsident, it's time to connect to young voters.
Alternatively nominate a Syrian refugee.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Bohlen? Der soll gleich eure Bundeshymne neu schreiben. Irgendwas eingängiges mit 2 Akkorden.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I'm amazed that the name Steinmeier is actually capable of eliciting an emotional reaction from people.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Yeah, whats up with that?
He's the most obvious SPD candidate possible. And how is it any more moralisch verkommen than, I don't know, anything else?

Peggotty fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 6, 2016

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

frankenfreak posted:

I'm amazed that the name Steinmeier is actually capable of eliciting an emotional reaction from people.

he's a traitor to the German labourer, so yeah

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

What's wrong with Steinmeier again?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What's wrong with Steinmeier again?

Bestreitet, dass es einen Völkermord an den Armeniern gab.

Hat aktiv die Amerikaner dabei unterstützt Leute in Deutschland zu entführen und in ihren Folterknästen zu quälen.

War in so ziemlich jedes schmutzige Geschäft der Schröder-Regierungen aktiv eingebunden.

Ist für eine Begrenzung von Flüchtlingen.

Maßgeblicher Unterstützer und Architekt der ganzen tollen "Reformen", die uns Hartz-IV und Konsorten gebracht haben.

Maßgeblicher Unterstützer bei all dem Zeug was unsere amerikanischen Freunde in Sachen Überwachung machen.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Ohne allzu zynisch klingen zu wollen, aber ich sehe nicht wie ihn das vom Rest der SPD abhebt.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Klingt stark danach, dass der Kerl besser im Knast aufgehoben wäre.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Just pick some random person from the phonebook or something, chances are good that it won't be worse than any politician.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

cebrail posted:

Ohne allzu zynisch klingen zu wollen, aber ich sehe nicht wie ihn das vom Rest der SPD abhebt.

Er ist, mehr als der Rest der derzeitigen SPD, für die Feinheiten des Sozialabbaus dank der Agenda 2010 direkt verantwortlich.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

he's a traitor to the German labourer, so yeah

That's just a synonym for "high ranking member of the SPD".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

JaucheCharly posted:

Bohlen? Der soll gleich eure Bundeshymne neu schreiben. Irgendwas eingängiges mit 2 Akkorden.

Bohlen could be our very own Trump