Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

tsob posted:

So, just now wondering, but why Vegito? As a name, I mean, since it doesn't appear to refer to Goku/Kakkarot at all and the "ito" part just seems to kind of hang on there with no purpose. The Wiki says he's Vegerot in the manga - which sounds ugly, but more in line with the normal naming sequence for fusions. Was it just because the name Vegito sounded nicer?

The name is spelled/pronounced as Kakarotto in Japanese since the only pure consonant out of Japanese syllabary is "n".

e: beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mabels big day posted:

Don;t make me laugh...

Beerus would monologue for a while about how great he is and Trunks would Mafuba his rear end. He doesn't take any poo poo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rutibex posted:

Beerus would monologue for a while about how great he is and Trunks would Mafuba his rear end. He doesn't take any poo poo.

It's the evil containment wave, not good guy containment wave

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Rutibex posted:

I'm pretty sure Trunks could beat Beerus at this point.

Only if Beerus talked some serious poo poo first.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Beerus will keep getting more powerful to be the strongest because if he didn't things might get interesting.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Thank you.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

sassassin posted:

Beerus will keep getting more powerful to be the strongest because if he didn't things might get interesting.

Beerus was already freaking out a little at the idea of Goku having the Kaioken on top of his God Ki to use against him.

Granted that's a little like Frieza with the Spirit Bomb but hey, we all saw how that fight ended after Goku got an enormous boost in power.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I...I'm sorry but did Trunks just pull out the Obari Sword Pose?!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

sassassin posted:

Beerus wasn't the strongest even when he was introduced. Right now he's really low on the chain, considering Whis, Vados, the five strongest (including the Great Priest) and Zen-o are all above him. Blue Vegetto is likely above him as well, even moreso if he's able to use Kaio-ken too, and right now I'm not convinced Fusion Zamasu isn't stronger as well.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Already looking forward to Xenoverse DLC or XV3.

Slightly annoyed Vegeto's clothes haven't been updated, but whatever.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Blaze Dragon posted:

Blue Vegetto is likely above him as well, even moreso if he's able to use Kaio-ken too, and right now I'm not convinced Fusion Zamasu isn't stronger as well.

Majin Buu should stop by and convert Vegetto into candy, just for old time's sake. Then we can have an entire filler episode where Fusion Zamasu gets his rear end kicked by a trash-talking blue jawbreaker.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ConanThe3rd posted:

I...I'm sorry but did Trunks just pull out the Obari Sword Pose?!
He totally did!

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Jedah posted:

Majin Buu should stop by and convert Vegetto into candy, just for old time's sake. Then we can have an entire filler episode where Fusion Zamasu gets his rear end kicked by a trash-talking blue jawbreaker.

Like 12 episodes of Goku, Vegeta, Black, and Zamasu walking through Buu's guts before getting out and immediately refusing.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Josuke Higashikata posted:

What are you trying to say about Turtle??

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

pik_d posted:

What are you trying to say about Turtle??
Turtle enables Master Roshi's bad habits.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Raxivace posted:

It comes from the Japanese pronunciation of Kakarot. Vegeta + Kakarotto. Unfortunately the word play was a bit lost in the English translation from back in the day since Goku's original Saiyan name was merely localized as Kakarot.

The Viz manga tried to preserve this wordplay by making it "Vegerot" (Vegeta + Kakarot), though personally I think it sounds tacky.

But the real reason is because TOEI used the name Gogeta first and Toriyama didn't want to rip them off.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

SSJBlue Vegito vs SSJ4 Gogeta will now be the big power level argument fight forevermore

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

SSJBlue Vegito vs SSJ4 Gogeta will now be the big power level argument fight forevermore

The gently caress's an SSJ4?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kelp Plankton posted:

SSJ4 Gogeta beat up Omega Shenron, a guy whos greatest feat was blowing up an amusement park. I am not impressed with SSJ4 Gogeta.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
So like

I'm real excited for the next episode and the (probable) conclusion of this arc, but I mostly find myself hoping that Goku and Vegeta stay fused for a while once it's all said and done. I want my obligatory DBS slice of life filler featuring Vegito.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hope Tien makes an appearance soon.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Cran posted:

So like

I'm real excited for the next episode and the (probable) conclusion of this arc, but I mostly find myself hoping that Goku and Vegeta stay fused for a while once it's all said and done. I want my obligatory DBS slice of life filler featuring Vegito.

This would be wonderful. They get back from the future after Zamasu is finally defeated and whoops Pilaf wished for a million dollars so now they have to stay fused for a year.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Beerus wasn't the strongest even when he was introduced. Right now he's really low on the chain, considering Whis, Vados, the five strongest (including the Great Priest) and Zen-o are all above him. Blue Vegetto is likely above him as well, even moreso if he's able to use Kaio-ken too, and right now I'm not convinced Fusion Zamasu isn't stronger as well.

Well, who is and isn't immune to the Delete command? It doesn't seem that the kais or hakaishin are immortal, I'd have to assume that all the angels and Zeno are? Immortal!Zamasu might be, but I don't think a ningen like vegito could resist, no matter how powerful.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Moose King posted:

This would be wonderful. They get back from the future after Zamasu is finally defeated and whoops Pilaf wished for a million dollars so now they have to stay fused for a year.

Buu.

Can.

Eat.

Them.

Why does everyone forget this.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

pik_d posted:

Buu.

Can.

Eat.

Them.

Why does everyone forget this.

Buu doesn't eat people anymore. He is a good boy and you won't trick him into misbehaving just by fusing.

I really, really want the multiverse tournament to be Vegito's best/quickest bet for defusing.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What about the Namekian Dragon Balls?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Buu doesn't eat people anymore. He is a good boy and you won't trick him into misbehaving just by fusing.

I really, really want the multiverse tournament to be Vegito's best/quickest bet for defusing.

They could just get Mr. Satan to ask Buu to eat them then spit them out, since they'll come out separately.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Beerus was already freaking out a little at the idea of Goku having the Kaioken on top of his God Ki to use against him.

Beerus was freaking out because he was pissed Goku didn't use it against him

That doesn't sound like being worried he'd lose to me, more he was mad he didn't get a better fight

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

Vegita seems to think Super Zamasu is stronger than Beerus and Whis (and he would know, he has fought them before!)

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

mabels big day posted:

I hope Tien makes an appearance soon.

Solar Flare has a very high success rate in the series, so Tien could actually be useful. Plus, using status effects against Final Fantasy enemies is a legit strategy.

Super is basically animated fan fiction, and that rules.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 6, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

pik_d posted:

They could just get Mr. Satan to ask Buu to eat them then spit them out, since they'll come out separately.

"Oh, Mr. Satan wants me to eat him? Oh sure, I'll do that like that time Mr. Satan asked me to eat someone after telling me to never do that no matter what and then he yelled at me for eating someone. I know how this works :smug: "

Also, I think fused Zamasu is definitely stronger than Beerus. Since RoF we've been told that Goku and Vegeta together would stand a chance against Beerus, so them fused into Vegitto definitely would make them stronger than Beerus.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rutibex posted:

Vegita seems to think Super Zamasu is stronger than Beerus and Whis (and he would know, he has fought them before!)

I noticed. That said, Vegeta never really fought Whis, they just trained. I doubt Goku or him actually know the full extent of Whis' powers. They also never saw Beerus at 100%, but at least that confirms that Fusion Zamasu is stronger than, at the very least, Beerus at 70%. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if Fusion Zamasu really was just outright stronger than Beerus right now, with a constantly-rising power and immortality. Not to mention...

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Also, I think fused Zamasu is definitely stronger than Beerus. Since RoF we've been told that Goku and Vegeta together would stand a chance against Beerus, so them fused into Vegitto definitely would make them stronger than Beerus.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Those lines were eliminated in the super versions of arcs.

Also Beerus now has the power to simply erase anything. (Though I doubt he would use that against someone he wanted to fight.)

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

sassassin posted:

I find the opposite of this true, really. There aren't power levels on this show, but they try and keep some consistency when it comes to how good guys compare with one another. Beerus' strength is "Stronger than everyone but Whis" and I don't think any plot training will ever really change that. He's not really the obstacle he was when he was first introduced, so having Goku and Vegeta pass him wouldn't really satisfy me.

I wouldn't really count Vegito when dealing with strength though. He's really more a temporary powerup than a character, even if he's awesome. I really do hope we get some slice of life episodes with him.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Momomo posted:

I find the opposite of this true, really. There aren't power levels on this show, but they try and keep some consistency when it comes to how good guys compare with one another. Beerus' strength is "Stronger than everyone but Whis" and I don't think any plot training will ever really change that. He's not really the obstacle he was when he was first introduced, so having Goku and Vegeta pass him wouldn't really satisfy me.

I wouldn't really count Vegito when dealing with strength though. He's really more a temporary powerup than a character, even if he's awesome. I really do hope we get some slice of life episodes with him.

considering both goku and vegeta hate being vegito, do you think vegito hates himself?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Condiv posted:

considering both goku and vegeta hate being vegito, do you think vegito hates himself?

If only Garnet was there to teach them the right way to fuse. :ohdear:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Condiv posted:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Momomo posted:

Beerus will get blown past by Goku just like everybody else, that's one thing I think can be counted on in Dragon Ball.

We never see him train and that doesn't bode well for a character in the long term (Gohan).

Plus they've heavily foreshadowed a malevolent God of Destruction stronger than Beerus posing a threat at some point.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 6, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Plus they've heavily foreshadowed a malevolent God of Destruction stronger than Beerus posing a threat at some point.

What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

TheKingofSprings posted:

Beerus will get blown past by Goku just like everybody else, that's one thing I think can be counted on in Dragon Ball.
If Beerus wasn't Toriyama's sickly cat I'd be very confident he'd already have been dusted.

As for power scale, it really doesn't matter because we're back to a state where techniques matter again, at least a slight bit.

• Locked thread