Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pissingintowind
Jul 27, 2006
Better than shitting into a fan.
Flex spot dilemma in 1 PPR:

Steve Smith, Asiata, or Julius Thomas.

Leaning Smith, but he'll be less than 100% coming off of his multi-week injury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spoeank posted:

No TE spot is easy mode. 2 TEs. Embrace pain. :twisted:

2te, 2pk, 2dst, 2qb the only way to play

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

The real lesson I learned this year us that in my 10 man 1ppr league, it is a waste of time to draft anything other than a WR or Gronk with my first three picks I could've gone Julio / Evans / Cooks with my first three picks and I am wondering why the gently caress I didn't. I don't need hindsight to know that would be a great lineup.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I said Charles was a bad pick and no one listened. I also said that DJ/Zeke/Miller were dangerous at their ADP so

yo

But only one of us is published on Fantasy Pros saying it.

:smug:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Doltos posted:

I don't want to sound like an rear end in a top hat (too late) but it seems like a lot of you guys made some really boneheaded RB pick ups in the draft that could have been diagnosed as not a smart pick up at the time of the draft. Ryan Mathews? Did you really think Latavius Murray was going to be worth that third round grade on a pass first team? Jamaal Charles just tore his ACL and you backed him up with Kniles Davis? I mean half the people in my league were swapping Charles and Davis back and forth for some reason. Adrian Peterson is old and busted and you still spent a first rounder?

No sympathy for anyone right now. There's barely been any injuries to solid RB options but it seems like this was the year where everyone drank the kool aid on a lot of dumb picks (I'm looking at my friend who posts on this forum and HAD to have Mark Ingram with his second rounder).

Knile Davis was KC's 4th-string back before the season. No one in any normal-sized league drafted him. What on earth are you talking about? Are you thinking of 2 seasons ago?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Time to fire DeVante Parker into the sun?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Forever_Peace posted:

Fantasy is hard, dude. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I passed on Gurley in all my leagues :cool:

I think fantasy is hard and no ones 100% right but I have seen some sorry rear end situations in this thread constantly all year with the RB spot

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Doltos posted:

I passed on Gurley in all my leagues :cool:

I think fantasy is hard and no ones 100% right but I have seen some sorry rear end situations in this thread constantly all year with the RB spot

RB has just sucked hard for the last couple of years. If you get lucky and get a David Johnson/Zeke, great, but for the rest, it all sucks. Start a PPR (points per run) revolution.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Oof, Derrick Henry being the one to get injured first...

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
I don't think I can justify starting Brandon Marshall anymore. It's time to accept that he is a bust at his ADP and move on to guys with higher potential.

Now that I say that, I'm sure he'll go off for 25 points on my bench next week.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

TUS posted:

Oof, Derrick Henry being the one to get injured first...

I fell asleep on the couch and woke up to this and WELP.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Spoeank posted:

I'm so hype for a bunch of scrub RBs to combine for like 400 rushing yards in SF today (including Ingram as a scrub because he's gonna get like 110 yards on 12 carries)

8/112 lmfao

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

8/112 lmfao

Lol

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Sataere posted:

I just want to pop in and say if you aren't closely listening to what Spoeank says about fantasy football, you are doing it wrong. Everything else in life.... :shrug:

Just want to bring this back from before the start of the season.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Really the worst opinion posted tbh

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ive literally never had a worse stretch in fantasy than this. 4 game losing streak in my main league after starting off 5-0 and a combined 0-6 in all leagues the last two weeks. I
am
so
sad

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I have learned nothing valuable from today's games fantasy-wise other than that my
team sucks.

I'm done with Devante Parker being useless and
according to Fantasy Pros the best free agent WRs in my league are Will Fuller and Sterling Shepard

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

Ryan Mathews is going to be the steal of the draft.

Spoeank posted:

Really the worst opinion posted tbh

Like I said, always listen to Spoeank

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Don't draft Zeke in the first
Get Ryan Mathews
Get Tajae
Clive Walford is legit

Oh no. :stonk:

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Gonna lose this week because Amari Cooper couldn't score more points than Janikowski.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I think the steal of the draft is either Melvin Gordon or Jay Ajayi if you held on to him.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

Don't draft Zeke in the first
Get Ryan Mathews
Get Tajae
Clive Walford is legit

Oh no. :stonk:

I should actually be mad at you for that last one. I picked Walford over Hunter Henry in the Blounts and Forte's dynasty league this year because of that hype. (Not just you) I am feeling really good about my first three rounds, but that pick just keeps mocking me.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I need 24 points between CMike and Hauschka to win. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Thwomp posted:

Gonna lose this week because Amari Cooper couldn't score more points than Janikowski.

I'm kind of amazed that DT, Crabtree, and Cooper all had such poo poo a poo poo day.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
I need Hauschka to score 7 tomorrow. I hate having to put my hopes on a kicker

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Keith Atherton posted:

I have learned nothing valuable from today's games fantasy-wise other than that my
team sucks.

I'm done with Devante Parker being useless and
according to Fantasy Pros the best free agent WRs in my league are Will Fuller and Sterling Shepard

Fantasy pros has really been bad for me. I don't agree with the rankings at all and theyre slow to change players value.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Because Dez and Booker absolutely poo poo the bed this week: I need Hauschka, Ronald Darby, and Earl Thomas to score 9pts each.

Meanwhile, Tyrell Williams sits comfortably on my bench who undoubtedly would've secured my victory.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I Just need 3 points from my linebacker Bobby Wagner.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Thwomp posted:

Same, except even worse, because I had Crabs instead of Cooper. But we both should have known better, because going into the game Denver's D was #1 against the pass, but like #20ish against the run, and evidently the Oakland Raiders found out about that secret stat and exploited the everliving gently caress out of it with their actually pretty strong stable of running backs.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Doltos posted:

I think the steal of the draft is either Melvin Gordon or Jay Ajayi if you held on to him.

I sold Ajayi for Matt Ryan and Landry. Kill me now.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
i loved it when i dropped ajayi for kenyon drake.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I am barely going to beat a guy who started CJ Anderson, Lamar Miller, AJ Green and Eifert, with Gordon on his bench. I hate it when people abandon their teams (even though I'm benefiting from it now), and this is especially annoying because this is the second year he's done this after his first loss.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I started Antone Smith over Tim Hightower. I've lost my rear end so much this season.

Fantasy Football is more random sheer poo poo luck than it is any skill or research.

The NFL has just tricked us into a ridiculously addictive game that we suck our souls into.

This of which that sucks our souls is unfortunately a black hole.

We don't know where our souls go to on the other end of the black hole.

But it certainly isn't to the playoffs.

Who cares if your lineup has Antonio Brown, Phillip Rivers, Demariyus Thomas, Kelvin Benjamin, Delanie Walker, Devante Booker, Eagles D, Josh Lambo and Antone Smith

You don't deserve 100 points.

Matter of fact, you don't deserve anything at all.

Except for a 3-6 record. And the jeers and laughter of all of those involved directed to you.

I am broken.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Doltos posted:

I got D Murray for $3 in auction, pretty stoked about that working out.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Oh my god I just saw the Golden Tate game-winning touchdown.

:stare:

He back y'all.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Teemu Pokemon posted:

It's either Foles or Tannehill and I think Foles has the higher floor of those three [incl. Carr] this week to be quite honest

Foles: 11.2
Tannehill: 9.7
Carr: 7.7

(still started tanny because y'all put the fear in me)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

Oh my god I just saw the Golden Tate game-winning touchdown.

:stare:

He back y'all.

Cutting him is going to be my biggest mistake this year. *stares at Marvin Jones with tears in eyes*

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
So what happened to Booker as my locked-in RB1 the rest of the season?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Popero posted:

So what happened to Booker as my locked-in RB1 the rest of the season?

I blame the game flow for last night's production. Raiders defended Booker well, as the Broncos got more behind they had to try other things. He'll be fine..... I hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Cutting him is going to be my biggest mistake this year. *stares at Marvin Jones with tears in eyes*

Eh, looks like it won't end up being a good move, but hard to say it wasn't warranted. I cut bait too in redraft (along with buying him for pennies in dynasty!).

• Locked thread