Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Onmi posted:

I could pretty much post every page from Sonic Megadrive but I'll settle for these.

True, especially the one leading up to the first panel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

That was the joke I was making, yeah, I thought Plato's Allegory of the Cave was one of those things that everybody had at least heard about v:shobon:v

Well it showing movies is pretty definitive that's the joke the writers are going for, as well.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

3 posted:

Also in the IDW Transformers continuity, Thundercracker is a colossal dork with a cute dog and atrocious screenwriting chops who's decided to live on Earth because he was never 100% into the war and fell in love with human culture (soap operas in particular).

The Transformers: Robots in Disguise #28

Josh Boyfriend is the character find of 2016.

Handsome as an F-22. :swoon:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Who knew that when IDW relaunched the Transformers line that Would-Be-Screenwriter Thundercracker would end up as the best character?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Who knew that when IDW relaunched the Transformers line that Would-Be-Screenwriter Thundercracker would end up as the best character?

He's not Swerve so he's not.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

He's not Swerve so he's not.

His gimmick got old a long time ago.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Rhyno posted:

His gimmick got old a long time ago.

So did yours

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Thundercracker is truly a dreamweaver, a visionary.

Plus seeker.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Josh Boyfriend is the character find of 2016.

Handsome as an F-22. :swoon:

The one that always makes me giggle is the lead character: Susan Journeyer. (Because she's a woman on a journey, see?)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

The one that always makes me giggle is the lead character: Susan Journeyer. (Because she's a woman on a journey, see?)
It works on so many levels!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

I have no idea where it's from, but I love it.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I wanna know what the Spider-Footnote says.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"After Spider-Man saves the whole of New York from a bomb planted by Doctor Octopus, Jameson is talked by his son and Steve Rogers into holding a ceremony to give him the key to the city, much to his chagrin. At the same time, he cashes the shares he owned of the DB!, giving the money to Robbie Robertson, so that he can rebuild Front Line into the new Daily Bugle." ASM #652 648, if Wikipedia is to be trusted. :lol:

Unrelated:

drat DIRTY SKATE PUNKS GET OFF MY SIDEWALK :argh:

(Strange Tales #140)

(Love "THOK!" dude, who, when equipped with an incredibly powerful and dangerous HYDRA techno-weapon, feels that it is best used as a club. Abu Hydrajjar what are you doing...)

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Nov 6, 2016

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Malachite_Dragon posted:

So JJJ is widely considered the best Marvel character, right?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Eh he's OK. Better than Deadpool.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Ygolonac posted:

(Love "THOK!" dude, who, when equipped with an incredibly powerful and dangerous HYDRA techno-weapon, feels that it is best used as a club. Abu Hydrajjar what are you doing...)

I never knew how bad I wanted a comic chronicling the recruit, training, deployment, and immediate death of an Abu Hajjar-esque Hydra grunt.

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!

Ygolonac posted:

drat DIRTY SKATE PUNKS GET OFF MY SIDEWALK :argh:

(Strange Tales #140)

Even Stan Lee was quick to make fun of that idea.

Strange Tales #149

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Presented without comment.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So they got a new artist for that new Flintstones series huh

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Gaz-L posted:

Plus seeker.

In the Christmas special, he makes a character called Anna Log, who is an analogue of one of his human handlers. And as I said, he tried to write a christmas story and...

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I never knew how bad I wanted a comic chronicling the recruit, training, deployment, and immediate death of an Abu Hajjar-esque Hydra grunt.

There was that one shot during Secret Wars, but the off hours of a Hydra agent are much more suburban.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
This thread got me to read the Flintstones my life is now complete.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure what noir drinks work with a sugar cane stuck in. Some sort of flavoured vodka?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

goatface posted:

I'm not sure what noir drinks work with a sugar cane stuck in. Some sort of flavoured vodka?

He's a fifty foot tall airplane man from outer space, you're gonna tell him rotgut whiskey doesn't go well with a candy cane in it?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

goatface posted:

Brazilian rum cocktail.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I suppose a mojito could work. Still more bottles than you can easily pull out of the bottom drawer and take a swig of.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mint julep.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Phy posted:

He's a fifty foot tall airplane man from outer space, you're gonna tell him rotgut whiskey doesn't go well with a candy cane in it?

Well when you say it like that it sounds a little silly!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I guess having the squirts while only wearing a green swimsuit would be extra unpleasant.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Turns out those time he invaded the surface for befouling the sea were all just a cover.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I guess having the squirts while only wearing a green swimsuit would be extra unpleasant.

That is an awful lot of people to work on an awful 4-panel strip.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It took literally one issue for the new Flinstones to go from novel to self-parody.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Also... Prince Namor is king? How is he a king if he's a prince??? How is he a prince if he's king??? drat you Spidey Super Stories!!!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Phy posted:

He's a fifty foot tall airplane man from outer space

To Thundercracker!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

...Antlantis?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

GPTribefan posted:

Also... Prince Namor is king? How is he a king if he's a prince??? How is he a prince if he's king??? drat you Spidey Super Stories!!!
Technically you could be a ruler titled as 'Prince', which I think was the case for a lot of the Italian states who were not titled as kings. Although in that case it would still be wrong, you would say something like 'Prince Namor is sovereign' instead.

Alternatively, maybe Prince his is given name, and he just as people call him Namor because being called 'King Prince' would be even more confusing.

Knormal posted:

...Antlantis?
Two editors!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I forget where it's from, but Taskmaster gets a job at AIM training grunts. Unfortunately, there's a mixup and he gets a group of scientists instead of soldiers.

He trains them anyway.

They all die.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Nov 7, 2016

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Ashcans posted:

Alternatively, maybe Prince his is given name, and he just as people call him Namor because being called 'King Prince' would be even more confusing.

No, Namor is his given name.

McKenzie is his last name.

Y'know, like Bob and Doug.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The artist redrew all four of those panels instead of copy-pasting :swoon:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

mind the walrus posted:

It took literally one issue for the new Flinstones to go from novel to self-parody.

It's always been self parody. They didn't come up with the genocide panel without being 100% self aware of how it'd look out of context. The writer even admitted he hated the old cartoon, which is bonkers because the Flintstones rock, but it's not like the Wacky Races series, which totally was just generic grimdarkness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

This comic is the first time I've ever cared about The Flintstones in any capacity.