Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Not every city has a pickpocketing problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Aerdan posted:

As someone who puts his wallet in his back pocket: after a while you don't really notice it's there any more, you routinely rotate it into the next pair of pants, and why the gently caress do you live in a shithole?

Why are you blaming people for living in areas where there is crime? It's not because some people just have an instinctive masochistic urge to put themselves at risk for robbery every other day. Maybe you live in a place because you can't afford to leave. Maybe there are other things about the place where you live that make it worth staying in a place where crime rates are higher. And you are not even loving remotely immune to crime just because you don't live in "a shithole," Mr. High Horse. I had a gun stuck to the back of my head when I ran a pizza place in a really small town with a really low average crime rate.

And socioeconomic stuff aside, putting your wallet in your back pocket is a bad idea because if you sit on it, it's going to alter your spinal posture subtly in ways that can cause you back problems in the long term.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Holy poo poo I'm so glad I got a 3DS the other month so I could experience this thread

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

cliffdiver posted:

Holy poo poo I'm so glad I got a 3DS the other month so I could experience this thread

this is at least different then the usual billion posts about the favorite starters/gens/rivals/enemy teams

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
whenever I encounter a pickpocket I just use a Fairy-type attack on them since it's super effective against them

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I don't want to poo poo on all the opinions that you are all so very, very obviously wrong about, but putting things in your back pocket is a dumbbad idea, roughly equivalent to not having charmander as your favorite pokemans.

On actual thread topic, the last pogeymans game I played was Diamond, and I am somewhat interested in the game again. The OP says you can jump back into the series at any point without getting lost, but what is the thread consensus for best game? (Not starters/gens/rivals/enemy teams, but game in terms of sheer funs).

Also, is there any semi-legit way to purchase and or play the games without buying yet another handheld, emulation via phone for example? I want to entertain myself on the move, but don't want to lug around another thing which I am most assuredly not putting in my back pocket because I live in a shithole.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

mandatory lesbian posted:

this is at least different then the usual billion posts about the favorite starters/gens/rivals/enemy teams

The best starter is obviously Hamtaro

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Pokemon Megathread 7.0: Don't Let Krookodile Steal Your Klefki

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

McGiggins posted:

what is the thread consensus for best game? (Not starters/gens/rivals/enemy teams, but game in terms of sheer funs).

Black 2 and White 2.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

McGiggins posted:

Also, is there any semi-legit way to purchase and or play the games without buying yet another handheld, emulation via phone for example? I want to entertain myself on the move, but don't want to lug around another thing which I am most assuredly not putting in my back pocket because I live in a shithole.

Nope, unless you count Pokemon Go

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Black and white have a good story, interesting region, and a 100% new set of Pokemon to play through before the end game. If I had to choose a point to jump back in I would pick those easy.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
it also had N who is a cutie

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Please play Pokémon Black and White, and please don't steal them the way the bad people steal wallets. Thank you.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Black/White into Black 2/White 2 is definitely the best Pokemon experience, though you might get a bit tired of Unova after that.

HGSS and Platinum are also excellent games, but that's mainly because of how much Gen 4 mechanics improve things from Gen 3, especially the Physical/Special split.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

heart gold, is my favorite

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I went Platinum -> Black 2 and it has been great so far. The villains are pretty dumb, but hey, that's Pokemon.

All the online functionality no longer working is pretty sad tho. I read up on the Dream World a couple days ago and that seemed like it was a pretty fun addition.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Charmander 4 Wally Rocket :smugbert:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

I went Platinum -> Black 2 and it has been great so far. The villains are pretty dumb, but hey, that's Pokemon.

All the online functionality no longer working is pretty sad tho. I read up on the Dream World a couple days ago and that seemed like it was a pretty fun addition.

It was not.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

typhlosion, 4, barry, skull. thanks for asking

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I thought people were arguing whether front pockets or pick pockets were their favorite pocket monsters

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Black and White is the next step from Diamond and Pearl. Platinum added a few things you can read up on a wiki and if you played Gold/Silver HeartGold and SoulSilver is just a nostalgia trip. There are a few surprises with Black and White and it gets a direct sequel with Black 2 and White 2.

Otherwise I'd wait a week for Sun and Moon since X&Y/ORAS online services would be the only plus and they're getting discontinued in a month or so.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Guys, there's gonna be a new Pokémon game in just a few days. Not only that, but by all accounts, it's going to be the best game in the series so far. How is it not Nov. 18 yet?!

p.s. it's Inferape/5/Barry/Skull. TY.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

I thought people were arguing whether front pockets or pick pockets were their favorite pocket monsters

i prefer the hot pocket

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Reinanigans posted:

Guys, there's gonna be a new Pokémon game in just a few days. Not only that, but by all accounts, it's going to be the best game in the series so far. How is it not Nov. 18 yet?!

p.s. it's Inferape/5/Barry/Skull. TY.

i have to vote for hillary clinton on the 8th and then it can be nov 18th whenever it wants to be

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

i have to vote for hillary clinton on the 8th and then it can be nov 18th whenever it wants to be

I voted for Hillary Clinton like three weeks ago (mail-in ballot). I only have boring adult bullshit to keep me busy until the 18th!

If I'm being 100% honest, in my heart of hearts, I'm more interested in a full leak of SuMo than the outcome of the election, and I actually like Clinton.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Dehry posted:

X&Y/ORAS online services would be the only plus and they're getting discontinued in a month or so.

First I've heard of this, is that really true?

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

less laughter posted:

First I've heard of this, is that really true?

Yes and he means the online website services, not the in-game stuff.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Reinanigans posted:

I voted for Hillary Clinton like three weeks ago (mail-in ballot). I only have boring adult bullshit to keep me busy until the 18th!

If I'm being 100% honest, in my heart of hearts, I'm more interested in a full leak of SuMo than the outcome of the election, and I actually like Clinton.

well i couldn't early vote so screw you!!!! also i want the sticker they give you for voting,thats the whole point for me tbh

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Decus posted:

Yes and he means the online website services, not the in-game stuff.

It sounded like he meant the in-game stuff, like trading and such. The Global Link already closed November 1st.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the suggestions, guys, going to see if I can track down a copy of pokemans and a DS version of some description.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't even know what to do with those stickers. I just left mine on my desk

i prefer the hot pocket

ah, yes, the original ice/fire type. good choice

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

McGiggins posted:

Thanks for the suggestions, guys, going to see if I can track down a copy of pokemans and a DS version of some description.

Get a 2DS, that way you can play any gen 4-7 game.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

hopeandjoy posted:

Gen 1 too.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

hopeandjoy posted:

If you go down this route you can even get a bundle that gets you a 2DS with a digital copy* of Sun/Moon (well, not right now, in two weeks when the game is out).

*it comes pre-installed on the SD card but you can re-download it via the shop

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
when I was a kid in daycare, someone stole my copy of leaf green and replaced it with their own copy of leaf green

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

well i couldn't early vote so screw you!!!! also i want the sticker they give you for voting,thats the whole point for me tbh

It is absurd that universal mail in ballots still aren't a thing outside of the northwest. I have never seen a polling place and never intend to

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

It is absurd that universal mail in ballots still aren't a thing outside of the northwest. I have never seen a polling place and never intend to

they are a thing outside the northwest, im just not able to early vote cause i never got around to registering

they do same day registration tho so i got the documents i need and will just do that instead

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
Man, I just can't with the VGC stuff. Looking at that chart makes me really sad that there is no variety. The last set of players almost all had the same pokemon- 4 legendaries, 1 mega (the same one in most cases) and brozong. You would think since VGC is official that they would try and make more viably competitive pokemon/movesets.

Well I guess I'll stick to making objectively bad but fun teams. its what really counts right?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I sincerely do not understand why VGC doesn't ban all legendaries. What's the point of calling some of them restricted when Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza are broken?

Sejun Park is the only good pokemon player.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Manatee Cannon posted:

I tape my 3ds and vita to my chest when I leave the house

I glue the 3ds carts to the front for easy access