Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb
Does anyone have Vorici 8 on ESC? I've got +1 corrupted Wyrmsigns that need recoloring to be usable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Man I love wanders but right now they just feel shittier in every way than bow builds. AoE clear is no problem whatsoever with KB, but single target suffers real hard even if you 4L your KB and 5/6L your single target skill (probably Barrage)

The Frost Wall interaction gutted them; it needed to go, but I think wanders needed something in return. You have to put in a ton of effort to get your single target even close to other builds that just aoe clear their way through everything :(

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 6, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Huh, an attack channeled skill: Blade Flurry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwpZQ3LD3fw

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Looks interesting but I would think the power level would have to be pretty high to be better than Reave, which is already not terrific.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah that one doesn't look very exciting and/or good.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Real interested to see how they've tuned these channeling skills. It'd kinda suck if they hype it up and they all turn out to be wet farts.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I mean, maybe it was poor wording on their part, but they said it gets 20% more damage per stage, so it sounds like it will hurt.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

theshim posted:

I mean, maybe it was poor wording on their part, but they said it gets 20% more damage per stage, so it sounds like it will hurt.

Not to mention 50% more attack speed right out the gate.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i dont know... standing still for more than .1 seconds? no thank you

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Depending upon how strong it is, it could work. Run a 1h/shield build with it that leech tanks, like Incinerate used to? You could also run AA, and maybe Fortify if the skill is tagged as Melee.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I don't see why it wouldn't be tagged Melee since it uses your weapon and isn't a projectile attack like Spectral Throw.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

whypick1 posted:

I don't see why it wouldn't be tagged Melee since it uses your weapon and isn't a projectile attack like Spectral Throw.

Hard to tell, really. The shadow clone could be a projectile or it might work like frost blades. We just don't know yet.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
No idea if this is legit or not, but this was posted on Reddit:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Mystery Prize posted:

No idea if this is legit or not, but this was posted on Reddit:

That is way more base damage than I'd expect out of a skill with 50% more attack speed and up to 120% more damage on top of it.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I feel like, more so than damage, the aoe radius is going to make or break its usability.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Well, it appears to be hit-based, so I think it's automatically better than scorching ray because it can trigger on-hit effects.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
CI Crit Dagger Occultist running Blade Flurry is going to be my next league character if the skill works out like I think it will.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Tykero posted:

CI Crit Dagger Occultist running Blade Flurry is going to be my next league character if the skill works out like I think it will.
...and they don't nerf Occultist.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Oh yeah, almost forgot about this:

theshim
May 1, 2012

whypick1 posted:

Oh yeah, almost forgot about this:

That...seems like it'll be pretty batshit, if that's another 40% more damage for the skill.

I am looking forward to playing with the new skills, I have to say. May even dive back into Essence for a bit.

I also hope that the next league is better, Essence was kinda meh. bring back perandus

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Bring back invasion.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Essences are really cool, but they don't feel like a special event. They feel like something that should just be standard in the game

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

If I'm understanding this right you get 6 swings at escalating damage and then when you let go to reposition you get 6 essentially free swings with larger aoe and full damage. So if you count swings and stay active you're going to do some pretty loving crazy deeps. No multistrike most likely but you should still be able to get some pretty crazy speed if you bust out the 2.0 foils and all that good fun.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I'll at least try it on my MF Reave Ranger. Hopefully it's better because I'm at the point where I really hate Reave as a skill and wish I could use Lacerate instead, but my Ranger uses a Dagger + Soul Taker offhand, so I can't.

That said the character is just kind of awful because MF gear gives nothing other than mf and minor resists, so I have like 4000 max life and around 20000 Reave dps with a 310 pdps dagger and +210% max life on the tree at lvl 90. It might not even be worth trying to salvage the character.

Kind of related, when they announced they were adding more channeling skills to the game I thought a bit about what I would want to see for non-spell channeled skills. Blade Flurry is kind of similar to what I wanted out of a channeling melee skill. Stand in place and channel up some number of flicker stacks, and then release to either do 1 big hit at 1XX% more damage per stack in the way Flameblast does (lol reflect), or a big multistriking chain equal to the number of stacks (think DotA's Omnislash). Basically a channeled version of Flicker Strike that no longer has the cooldown/Frenzy mechanic.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Release timeline

quote:

[2.4.2] also includes three new channelled skills (Blade Flurry, Scorching Ray and Blight)

Chaos version of Incinerate?

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
Decided to go for a 6L on my Starforge Flicker Strike guy even though it doesn't matter, and got it after about 700-800 fusing.

Then I bought a Shav's for fun and decided to dump some fusing into that because who cares, end of league.

Got it after about 350. So, uh, anyone know any good low life builds?

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that
I just had a near-perfect Shav's Wrappings drop in Essence (SC). It's got 8% spell damage rather than 10, but otherwise it's perfect. I've never had a drop so potentially valuable but I wonder if demand in the league is about to taper off. I'm going to 5-link it since I have more than enough fuses for that (but not enough to be comfortable trying for 6) and see what I can get. Poe.trade's got a couple of 5-links in the 7-8 ex range but they're not perfect, so I guess I'll put it up for 10 and see if anyone bites. I can lower it as needed. I've literally never had a multi-exalt item drop, and I've been playing since beta so whoopee for me.

edit: well, got an offer for 7 literally within two minutes, so I'm going to let it ride for a day or two and see if we can push that up. (unless that was one of you goons in which case I would be much more negotiable. Speak up if it was!)

Sarcastro fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 8, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

So I just played through act 4 for the first time. You guys weren't kidding when you said it was a slog.

Sadkitten
Dec 19, 2006

I dont like the way that sounds, not at all!
Does anyone have an advice on how to price rares? I've just started dabbling in trying to list the stuff in my stash that I've saved and its pretty tedious. So far I just punch in similar stats in poe.trade and try to judge by that, but I have items a lot of times that don't even exist, or are sometimes better than items listed for multiple exalts. For instance I found this staff and there's nothing even close to it listed.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Sadkitten posted:

Does anyone have an advice on how to price rares? I've just started dabbling in trying to list the stuff in my stash that I've saved and its pretty tedious. So far I just punch in similar stats in poe.trade and try to judge by that, but I have items a lot of times that don't even exist, or are sometimes better than items listed for multiple exalts. For instance I found this staff and there's nothing even close to it listed.

that staffs worse than 2 blue daggers unless they needed another way to get a 6l.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Sadkitten posted:

Without +2 fire gems, that staff is worth whatever the vendor will give you for it

E: as far as general guide to pricing rares, it's tricky because of the huge variety of builds and skills. As a general rule for weapons, know that spells care much more about gem level than increased damage %. Melee is exactly opposite, and bow skills like both. A staff with +2 fire gem level / +1 all gems is worth a lot even if the rest of the mods are garbage. A mace with those mods is vendor trash.

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Nov 8, 2016

Sadkitten
Dec 19, 2006

I dont like the way that sounds, not at all!

Kild posted:

that staffs worse than 2 blue daggers unless they needed another way to get a 6l.

I wasn't looking for a price check, just using it as an example. How do you go about pricing rares?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I just memorize a few mods/combos of mods that are absolutely amazing on items, like spell crit/damage on platinum/golden krisses. then it's just a matter of knowing what t1/2 mods look like and you're set imo

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Sadkitten posted:

I wasn't looking for a price check, just using it as an example. How do you go about pricing rares?

http://www.exilemods.com/ go here, learn the t1 and t2 mods, compare them to poe.trade prices, if there are none for sale you probably wont sell yours either (unless it's some weird niche like a 18% block staff with three elemental attack mods)

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I know I am way late on checking out this season, but I just want to say the new maps are awesome.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Rashomon posted:

Decided to go for a 6L on my Starforge Flicker Strike guy even though it doesn't matter, and got it after about 700-800 fusing.

Then I bought a Shav's for fun and decided to dump some fusing into that because who cares, end of league.

Got it after about 350. So, uh, anyone know any good low life builds?

Ball Lightning is really fun imho.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I got triggered by the new mass effect trailer

not, please not a pf again :negative:

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists

Eezee posted:

Ball Lightning is really fun imho.

Pathfinder with Dying Sun, or is there a way to go Elementalist or even Occultist for gently caress-off levels of curses and auras? I don't really feel like I need to make another PF, having an insane 12k ES BV guy this league and my Reach TS PF last league that was basically a monster lawnmower.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Without PF you won't have perma Dying Sun + Vinktar's. Without those you probably won't have enough leech and your damage and clearspeed will suck.

It's probably just as overpowered as BV or maybe even more so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUq93L-r43I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
That definitely looks good but I dunno if I would say it's even close to as OP as BV is with the right gear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHJ-_OkLj-U

• Locked thread