Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I was fiddling around this morning with some assault rifle builds...a DMR'd Gewehr 3 on autofire while sporting Body Expertise Aced is pretty fantastic on Overkill.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Kilmer is mandatory for that

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

John Murdoch posted:

You have to be doing something way wrong to be a full three minutes too slow. Keep in mind the finish line is halfway through the very first train car you reach via the zipline(s), not the final escape zone.

Oh no wait, I meant three seconds. As in the run to the ziplines always gets hosed over because they take too long before I even reach the first car.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

swims posted:

Kilmer is mandatory for that
Huh?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Crabtree posted:

Oh no wait, I meant three seconds. As in the run to the ziplines always gets hosed over because they take too long before I even reach the first car.
In hindsight I figured that might be the case. Welcome to hell. Enlist the help of somebody with Inspire or obsess over shaving off those extra seconds through tiny improvements to your route. :shepface: I'm assuming you read my and djw's exchange a few pages back?

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 6, 2016

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Just in advance, I want to ask any nice heisters who gave an extra mega clover mask from payday con to send it my way.

P. S. You are the best.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Drewjitsu posted:

Just in advance, I want to ask any nice heisters who gave an extra mega clover mask from payday con to send it my way.

P. S. You are the best.

It appears that each person who attended is going to get 100 codes.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I too would like a code whenever they come into existence.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I too would like to pre-emptively sign up for a giveaway that we're all just assuming is happening.

Honestly though I want to see what Mega Clover looks like before getting too excited.

Though do we even have >100 active goon heisters?

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 6, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
yeah i normally don't care even a little about masks but mega clover sounds super ballin'

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF
Yeah, I'd like one too. I think we all would.
Did anyone who posts in this thread actually attend PaydayCon? I don't remember seeing a single post about it, and you'd think there would be at least one.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
There was some talk in discord about it, but I don't know if anyone actually went.

I, too, would like a code, if only to have yet another mask that doesn't fit into my mask inventory.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm gonna be honest- if what I've seen is accurate, it's pretty underwhelming.
edit:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/188417060133471818/0B37934D919671324D0DE88CDDA616B4CA30BE5A/

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 6, 2016

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

I find the G3 reload to take forever. I use Kilmer on basically all builds though so maybe I'm just used to having it?

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Yo I'll cheese any cheev you want for a Mega Clover mask. In fact I'll do that for nothing at all.

swims posted:

I find the G3 reload to take forever. I use Kilmer on basically all builds though so maybe I'm just used to having it?

Kilmer doesn't exist anymore on PC. Reload speed boosts are connected to the Full-Auto, Shotgun, Sniper, Pistol, and Melee trees now.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 6, 2016

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Concordat posted:

Yo I'll cheese any cheev you want for a Mega Clover mask. In fact I'll do that for nothing at all.

Kilmer doesn't exist anymore on PC. Reload speed boosts are connected to the Full-Auto, Shotgun, Sniper, Pistol, and Melee trees now.

I think he's referring to the skill that allows you to reload while running, thus not interrupting the reload if you need to gofast.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

DelphiAegis posted:

I think he's referring to the skill that allows you to reload while running, thus not interrupting the reload if you need to gofast.

That's Parkour now. And I ace it on every build including stealth cuz I'm literally too dumb to remember sprinting will interrupt my reload.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Solo no AI Safehouse Nightmare One Down:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy3S3jQqy5E

Enemy health and weapon stats are going to be added to the long guide shortly.

The kunai is only doing one tick of poison damage for some reason. By contrast, a poisoned arrow will do thousands in damage.

Another fun fact: This is in the game files.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Nov 6, 2016

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
A Clover mega mask is pretty much the only one I'd actually wear someone ends up getting codes

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Discendo Vox posted:

The kunai is only doing one tick of poison damage for some reason. By contrast, a poisoned arrow will do thousands in damage.

Pretty sure this is how it worked before the safe house updates.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Chiming in for a mega clover if someone goes and there are codes to be had.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Dr Cheeto posted:

Pretty sure this is how it worked before the safe house updates.

My apologies- I'm working off of the rougher drafts of material from folks as they discuss pulling stuff from the game.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Mask alms for the mask poor. (I'll take a spare as well!)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Look buddy we all want masks here.

I also want one.

pigeonchest bill
Dec 7, 2007
Still waiting on the email, but I'll have codes to give away.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Yeah I'd like a spiffy new Clover mask as well, she's my favorite :buddy:

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

I, too, want to sign up for this Mega Clover Mask Code, should an AUSgoon get one.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
If somehow you get 10 codes to give away instead of 100, ignore this post.
But if you get 100, I'd like to go all in on that Mega Clover.

How's the music on the new heist?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah I'd like a spiffy new Clover mask as well, she's my favorite :buddy:

Clover, Bonnie, and Sydney are all the best. If it weren't for Jimmy.

I love being a coke addict Mega Kawaii Spider.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I'd love to have a mask code.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
100 codes? Thats nice ove OVK. Suspicious.

I'll take one please! :D

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

chairface posted:

That's Parkour now. And I ace it on every build including stealth cuz I'm literally too dumb to remember sprinting will interrupt my reload.

Same. It really bugs me not having it, and I always forget when I infamy.

Also getting on this theoretical mask train. Clover owns.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Man I'm down for a mask code if goons are that generous. If it's some feeding frenzy and you gotta cut down though by all means skip me

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
clovah

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Man I'm down for a mask code if goons are that generous. If it's some feeding frenzy and you gotta cut down though by all means skip me
I could not have said it better. I would like one but will not lose any sleep if i do not get one.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I could not have said it better. I would like one but

yeah, same

big thanks to anyone dealing with the thread feeding frenzy on codes though, you deserve like 100 masks for that alone :v:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Are the Chimano customs the best akimbo pistol? I'm doing a dodge/akimbo build because it's something I have never tried before. It seems like they have the best stats, but I could be wrong. It looks like out of the ones that would hit the 80 damage breakpoint to one-shot a tan FBI with a headshot, they have the best stability/accuracy/magazine/concealment.

Does the buy new weapon window actually show the stats it will have with your current skills?

E: Also, how's this for a first infamy 85?

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/ml:gghJKLMNOQR:fABCDEF::l85::

Do I need to just go with normal full armor until I can get full sneaky bastard? I also only have the armorer perk deck, do I need to wait until I have a better perk and skill setup available?

I only ever really play OK, DW wasn't ever very fun for me.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 7, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I have Interceptors that are better than Customs, but they're pretty close in stats. On Overkill you could also go for akimbo Bernettis and make up for one-hit with more bullets.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
I too would appreciate any spare con mask.

I dunno if picking up Specialized Killing and One Handed Talent helps you reach any OVK breakpoints? It might be better to put those OHT points into QoL skills like Shockproof and Resilience Ace.

I'm ICTV4LYF so I can't really offer much advice on anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

22 Eargesplitten posted:

E: Also, how's this for a first infamy 85?

Unseen strike is bad (it sounds cool but the mechanics are :psyduck: worthy) and pistols don't really also need suppressor skills, especially on Ovk. You can lose points there, if needed. Sneaky Bastard / Low Blow only need to be basic with pistols because you can easily stay at 4 conceal with 1D-viable builds, they'll do just fine on Overkill. Dire need is a trap skill, it makes it harder for you to kill enemies instead of easier. Ace shockproof is wonderful and good, so get that instead. If you need points, one handed talent can probably go from the pistol tree, though I'd keep everything else - make sure OHT is pushing you over a breakpoint that matters enough that you can't just fire twice for Trigger Happy to do the work for you.

so, in short, there are plenty of points for you to move around. And do get a dodge deck. Also a deployable.

here is what I'd sort of probably do. http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mDfl:eikL:ggIJkLnpR:fACDEFHL::l85:: - i'm taking you up for inspire ace when you hit 100, because 14 FAKs will be very useful for any dodge build. Also just in general useful. So grab ace uppers and ace inspire. If you still have points, scavenger, stable shot/steady grip are all excellent one point wonders, acing bullseye is nice ... all sorts of options.

akimbo [bernettis / chimano customs / interceptors] + [LEO / whitestreak / baby deagle / chimano custom / whatever...]

Psion fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Nov 7, 2016