Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

sassassin posted:

I can't imagine it. Do they make you walk around the big jumping sections (or do other classes have jetpacks?)

If Arcann wasn't trying to freeze me in carbonite I'd be on board with his side at this point.

My only problem with Vaylin is the game won't let me [Flirt] with her (or her fake ghost).

Anyone standing against the Emperor is okay in my book (which puts Senya and Lana and Koth on the other side based on recent actions).

I was speaking more about the part in Ch 12 where you build a new lightsaber for your force-user characters. It's so obvious that part was for force users that when you do it as a non-force character, it becomes hilarious when the Grandmasters of the Light and Dark Sides of the Force are helping you build a gun to shoot Arcann, like it's some Romeo +Juliet "Dagger" Pistol.

I still don't know why Lana's like "hey maybe you should talk to the Emperor" in that chapter. Especially in, like, Chapter 3 where if you tell her about the Emperor, then save her with his power in the next Chapter; she straight up tells you later she's worried about the cost you're paying by doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Because the plot demanded it. She still voices her concern about the emperor at every other opportunity.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
ENDS TOMORROW AT 8PM EDT! Judges will decide in the next day or two after. Quoting Aleth's post - if there are any additions not on this list let me know.

Medullah posted:

:siren: LET'S DO A CONTEST!!!! :siren:

In honor of Halloween, let's do a costume contest! Between now and say, next Sunday 11/6, post a picture of you in your best costume! It can be scary! It can be creepy! It can be sexy! Bonus points for environmental costumes!

We'll either judge them or do random drawings depending on the number of entries. First prize will be a Senya's Lightsaber Pike donated by Non-Entity, and there are a bunch of other nice things in the guild bank to give away.

Aleth posted:

Someone should probably collate all the current entries into one handy post but :effort:.

Edit: gently caress it, in order of posting:

Aleth

Sombrerotron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNpSuHcM0A8

M_Sinistrari

Bilirubin

MadDogMike

Chickenwalker (should probably do a screenshot)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgA9t769UoM

dreffen

EdEddnEddy

Dalris Othaine

rantmo

I'm assuming any character shots posted are for the contest, let me know if I've missed anyone or you don't want it up there.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sad that I forgot about my pink Ghostly Magus outfit during Halloween time.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Aleth posted:

Because the plot demanded it. She still voices her concern about the emperor at every other opportunity.

It didn't demand it at all.

Usually the Emperor is perfectly capable of butting in when he's not wanted, no need to seek him out.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

If you're still on the fence on subscribing, 60 day time cards for $18.50

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

sassassin posted:

Not everyone plays on whatever server the goon one is.

Or plays dressup.

Dressing up is the entire game, friend.

And I'm not just saying that because I am now up to 162 sets unlocked. Think I'm running out of cheap stuff to buy at this rate.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Dressup is love, dressup is life.

I guess I'll pick a random tab and screenshot and

Also GEISHABOT, my idea for a cybernetic evil tea-server murder stealthbot. Worth the millions of credits of design, unappreciated by the locals who had to die.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Medullah posted:

If you're still on the fence on subscribing, 60 day time cards for $18.50

This is showing at 29.99 for me.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DoubleNegative posted:

This is showing at 29.99 for me.

Yeah looks like Amazon sold out.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Dely Apple posted:

Dressup is love, dressup is life.

Also GEISHABOT, my idea for a cybernetic evil tea-server murder stealthbot. Worth the millions of credits of design, unappreciated by the locals who had to die.

Dressup is the endgame that never ends!

So I ask, what cybernetic set is that? I think it might look good with a few things I have.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

M_Sinistrari posted:

Dressup is the endgame that never ends!

So I ask, what cybernetic set is that? I think it might look good with a few things I have.

Series 512 Cybernetic set. Mine's dyed Black/Red from the security key store. It has blinking lights and neat effects I guess if you don't dye it? There's a Saddam Hussein gold plated version from some rep but goooood luck getting that.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Cross-Section posted:

Congrats, now sell it for hundreds of millions of credits on the GTN and then buy whatever dualsaber looks coolest to you from there! :D

Oh wow, you weren't kidding. Cheapest one on Harb is 110mil
Also got a frontier hunter dualsaber (those sounds are sweet!) so I guess I'll use that and make a small fortune on the pike :monocle:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Every time there's a costume contest some rear end in a top hat shows up in a barely-there speedo/bikini and tries to take the award on base sex appeal/"shock" value, I bet this time it'll be some moon-faced dark side-corrupted curvy sithette :rolleyes:

oh

;-* hello boyz ;-*

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Late entry, but I got nostalgic about the Bantam book era, in which all Jedi wore jumpsuits because the prequels hadn't been released yet.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Jumpsuits are better anyway, 70s as hell (just like your dude's hair and beard!)

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Twelve Elves posted:

Late entry, but I got nostalgic about the Bantam book era, in which all Jedi wore jumpsuits because the prequels hadn't been released yet.

Looks like Gordon Freeman from Half life, just upgraded to a laser crowbar...

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
My dude is supposed to be Zapp Brannigan from Futurama in case nobody watches the video. I'd put up a picture for reference but at this point :effort:.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

SgtSteel91 posted:

I was speaking more about the part in Ch 12 where you build a new lightsaber for your force-user characters. It's so obvious that part was for force users that when you do it as a non-force character, it becomes hilarious when the Grandmasters of the Light and Dark Sides of the Force are helping you build a gun to shoot Arcann, like it's some Romeo +Juliet "Dagger" Pistol.

I still don't know why Lana's like "hey maybe you should talk to the Emperor" in that chapter. Especially in, like, Chapter 3 where if you tell her about the Emperor, then save her with his power in the next Chapter; she straight up tells you later she's worried about the cost you're paying by doing that.

Is is important to use that hideous lightsaber/gun they make you build?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

sassassin posted:

Is is important to use that hideous lightsaber/gun they make you build?

I can't imagine it would be, Can't recall any other Kael'thas-type bosses in this game that require specific items equipped to beat.
One way to find out I guess :v:

HiveCommander fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Nov 6, 2016

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I think it gave me two buffs to use during the easy but confusing Arcann fight.

Finished KOTFE

Did Senya do anything positive for the alliance the whole time? The biggest contribution I can remember is defending the ship on Asylum, and even then all she did was duel her daughter (her obsession) and wussed out of finishing the job.

Otherwise she was constantly high and mighty while leading the player into pointless traps (the Scions, some bar-room brawl) and whose idea was it to go see a "Lady of Sorrows" (I know she blabbed all our plans in my game but that's because I left her idiot self behind)?

I'm really annoyed my character hosed up shooting down her ship. Sent him to stand in a corner to think about what he's done.

As my lack of posting suggests I got pretty into the last few chapters. No venting needed.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Updated entry list with the latest ones:

Aleth

Sombrerotron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNpSuHcM0A8

M_Sinistrari

Bilirubin

MadDogMike

Chickenwalker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgA9t769UoM

dreffen

EdEddnEddy

Dalris Othaine

rantmo

Dely Apple - I assume you want GEISHABOT for this?

McSpanky

Twelve Elves

Let me know if any are missing or you don't want it up there.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Geishabot is the one true costume. The future of the Empire. Beepity Boop Kill.

Bemis
Jan 5, 2010

sassassin posted:

I think it gave me two buffs to use during the easy but confusing Arcann fight.

Finished KOTFE

Did Senya do anything positive for the alliance the whole time? The biggest contribution I can remember is defending the ship on Asylum, and even then all she did was duel her daughter (her obsession) and wussed out of finishing the job.

Otherwise she was constantly high and mighty while leading the player into pointless traps (the Scions, some bar-room brawl) and whose idea was it to go see a "Lady of Sorrows" (I know she blabbed all our plans in my game but that's because I left her idiot self behind)?

I'm really annoyed my character hosed up shooting down her ship. Sent him to stand in a corner to think about what he's done.

As my lack of posting suggests I got pretty into the last few chapters. No venting needed.

After watching that extremely awesome trailer it made it realize how sad it was we never got to see more of Senya. It feels like she spent the entire expansion sulking. There was a lot of potential with her that was not fulfilled.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
One of my DvL toons:

Wish it was easier to pose with companions.

My main is more minimalist:

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Two hours til contest ends!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
How do I get a chocobo?

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

I found that the most reliable way to stay alive as a healer in PvP, beyond skill (which is not something I possess much of), is to make myself look like some kind of nihilistic murder bot:

For reference, here is the same character doing a dumb dance in a hutt hat:

During operations, I prefer a bright yellow armor set so that people can find my crumpled corpse more easily after boss fights.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Karagga's pimp hat makes that one of the top submissions in itself.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Really need to get one of those hats.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

The Sith Empire needs YOU!

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Got a couple here myself, not sure which one I like the most...

First off, the fierce Juggernaut in the jungles on Nar Shaddaa, here seen with his teddy bear, preparing to go to bed:

This outfit often get me a whisper or two during group content, it's great :D

Or my stripper Power Ranger:

Also got my smuggler, in the same gear since level 10 or so (minus the bell of course)

Not very exciting, but I have used it for so long now...

Dunno-Lars fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 7, 2016

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

araeris posted:

I found that the most reliable way to stay alive as a healer in PvP, beyond skill (which is not something I possess much of), is to make myself look like some kind of nihilistic murder bot:

What armor is that?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dunno-Lars posted:

Got a couple here myself, not sure which one I like the most...

Also got my smuggler, in the same gear since level 10 or so (minus the bell of course)

Not very exciting, but I have used it for so long now...

That's actually pretty close to my Juggernaut's tanking set :D

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

M_Sinistrari posted:

What armor is that?

Head: Remnant Underworld Inquisitor's Headgear
Chest: Series 505 Cybernetic Torso
Hands: Series 510 Cybernetic Hands
Belt: Underwater Explorer Weight Belt
Legs: Series 614 Cybernetic Legs
Boots: Series 808 Cybernetic Feet
Bracers: Remnant Dreadguard Trooper's Vambraces
Dye (Unified colors to chest): Black and Deep Red Dye

There are chest pieces that are completely cybernetic (the 505 has one human looking arm, although its tough to tell in this picture), but they are way more expensive.

Major Operation fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 7, 2016

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ahhh going through my screenshots, I do enjoy my toons looks. Not for costume contest, but hey, not all of you have seen my sexiest outfits.

My Juggernaut was originally an evil Disney queen.

A flamboyant pirate!

My sniper has always been a fan of Metal Gear Solid.

My Vanguard has lived a life of luxury since he retired.

Space-Pimp Bubba

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

That's excellent.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nerd of Prey you're not even on Jedi Covenant, are you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Medullah posted:

Nerd of Prey you're not even on Jedi Covenant, are you?

Nah, I'm just getting in the holiday spirit. I kind of forgot I had that alt and then saw him today and went "oh poo poo, I should post that."

I think I might have some placeholder characters on JC that I never play. If you guys want to give me fabulous prizes I won't say no :twisted:

• Locked thread