Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Now you have to do Chris normal

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

[after hours in a meeting a concensus is finally reached by everyone] ok our difficulties will be easy, easier and easiest

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

[after hours in a meeting a concensus is finally reached by everyone] ok our difficulties will be easy, easier and easiest

Lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Sharkopath posted:

It originally had just the two options, easy and normal, but the new edition added super easy too and they wrote a new line for it that throws the whole thing off

That's so loving stupid. I was watching a speedrun earlier and there's like 50 more zombies in normal mode and it seemed way more tense. I got robbed

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

rediscover posted:

That's so loving stupid. I was watching a speedrun earlier and there's like 50 more zombies in normal mode and it seemed way more tense. I got robbed

my condolences

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

rediscover posted:

lol im actually really curious what the easy run is like cause i've never done it

did they give you enough ammo to take care of most of the enemies in the game? a big part of re1 is having to pick which areas you want to clear and which areas you can afford to save resources by just dodging enemies.

its cool cause the mansion is a static environment and the number of zombies stays the same, theres only a handful of spawns for new enemies not counting the hunters

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

chris normal: besides having less inventory so you have to be choosier about items it also changes the order you get the weapons in and cuts all the help you get from people like barry

you don't get a grenade launcher either... you should try it some day

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i dont think the inventory limit with chris is as big a deal as people make it. the sort of people htat complain about it probably have typewriter ribbons in their inv at all times

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i dont think the inventory limit with chris is as big a deal as people make it. the sort of people htat complain about it probably have typewriter ribbons in their inv at all times

yah its not huge at all but a new player might not know what they need and what they don't at any given time

theres only a couple sections where you need enough key items that it starts to eat into your real resources

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Sharkopath posted:

lol im actually really curious what the easy run is like cause i've never done it

did they give you enough ammo to take care of most of the enemies in the game? a big part of re1 is having to pick which areas you want to clear and which areas you can afford to save resources by just dodging enemies.

its cool cause the mansion is a static environment and the number of zombies stays the same, theres only a handful of spawns for new enemies not counting the hunters

I had lots of ammo ya. I just assumed that I had so much because I was following the RE rule of barely ever killing anything. at one point I had over 100 handgun bullets and I ended the game with 30-40 various grenade launcher ammos. I basically exclusively used the magnum for the last part of the game (tunnels/labs) and the last shot I fired of it was on the Tyrant and triggered the rocket launcher to finish teh game. I really loved it though and might start a Chris run soon, on normal.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm playing RE0 on hard and I'm out of healing items and everything but handgun ammo + a few molotovs. it is really hard. I have been stingy with ink ribbons though so I still have 8 left.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I saved probably too much and if I wasn't on Easy I probably would have run out of ribbons. I had one left when I finished the game.. Just made me too nervous not knowing if I was about to get pwned by a boss or something

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Chris normal is all about not bothering with weapons until you positively need one for a boss or something. Real Survival mode is absurd, hardest difficulty stacked with item boxes not having a shared inventory

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I also saw online that there was a whole boss I didn't have to fight. In my game when I walked into the room with Plant 42 a cutscene played where it grabbed me and Barry killed it with a flamethrower but in the speedrun I watched they had to fight it. This game is badass

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I'm trying to get a psx emulator to work so I can play RE2 but it keeps crashing after the title screen. I hate emulation

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

rediscover posted:

I'm trying to get a psx emulator to work so I can play RE2 but it keeps crashing after the title screen. I hate emulation

maybe instead you should actually play the game you just cheated through

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

elf help book posted:

maybe instead you should actually play the game you just cheated through

I didn't cheat through it mate.. Just had extra bullets

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

just beat bayonetta folks, just got confused and played on super easy 1 button mode, didnt realize until the end, whoops haha

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

played like 6-7 hours of DQ7 this weekend :D

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

just beat bayonetta folks, just got confused and played on super easy 1 button mode, didnt realize until the end, whoops haha

I played the Bayonetta-like Marlowe Briggs and the Mask of Death on easy because there was no difficulty selector when you hit new game and it defaults to easy. :negative:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

the gamer version of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtK0KMH-8xs

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

rediscover posted:

Just peeped my cheevos and ya I was playing on easy. Wtf. I picked the middle option when it asked me.. should have just labeled the options like they are instead of asking me if I want to climb a drat mountain or whatever which sounded like hard mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcDmzks_BjE#t=126s

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lmao

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Lol. But I think its normal to think the middle option would be Normal mode. Please stop trolling me

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I'm going to learn how to speed run this game (on NORMAL) and prove all the haters wrong

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

rediscover posted:

RE2HD is coming out innit.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Does DSP record onto a VHS before recording it back onto his computer. Why is the video for that so hosed up looking.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Does DSP record onto a VHS before recording it back onto his computer. Why is the video for that so hosed up looking.

back then i think he was actually pointing a camera at his tv

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Wormskull posted:

There working on it yeah but IDK when it's coming out and I got a serious resident evil itch I gotta scratch pronto

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

If I were to ever make a game I would want to make a classic RE/SH style horror game with fixed cameras and tank controls. I'm surprised no indie ppl have tried doing that yet

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

he used to film his tv before he figured out capture cards

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
i wasn't aware that he stopped filming his tv lmao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I beat the Dark Souls 3 DLC and now I got the feels

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

he used to film his tv before he figured out capture cards

He's so epic.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wormskull posted:

Yeah its a ways off though... I think they basically just confirmed they're working on it but said they aren't gonna talk about it until after 7 comes out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Bless him