Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

How much should you expect to pay for Nenderoids in the US? I looked up a bunch of them on eBay and honestly $10 for the petites isn't bad. $25-30 for the regulars seem higher than expected ($20) but not too bad. But then you look at Nico training uniform and it shoots up to $60 :psyduck: My guess is that's the only one that comes with the hands doing the ❤️ symbol?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
$60 (e: $50-75) is actually the price for new normal-sized preorders direct from Good Smile Company nowadays.

Some kits are way upwards of this. Not to mention $20 EMS shipping and such

just lol if you value your wallet over attaining a perfect collection of giant headed action figures. Bro do you even otaku

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 7, 2016

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
now now, rather than murder your poor wallet over interchangeable hands, lets watch a disney film

it'll be fun

https://twitter.com/hapijelly912/status/794896966203232257

for everyone

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

$60 (e: $50-75) is actually the price for new normal-sized preorders direct from Good Smile Company nowadays.

Some kits are way upwards of this. Not to mention $20 EMS shipping and such

just lol if you value your wallet over attaining a perfect collection of giant headed action figures. Bro do you even otaku

Despite being a giant weeb, I actually don't have much weeb merch at all. Memes are much more valuable (do you know what a rare Pepe goes for?!?) and eternal than merch.

I only tend to get weeb stuff if it's on something useful like a deckbox or playmat (mousepad). Now if they made a love live lunchbox, I'm in.

E: holy poo poo they don't even make LL lunchboxes. :psyduck:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Zenostein posted:

now now, rather than murder your poor wallet over interchangeable hands, lets watch a disney film

it'll be fun

https://twitter.com/hapijelly912/status/794896966203232257

for everyone

Noooooooooo onnnnnnneeeee taaaaaakes theeeeeee
Stage like Gaston
Muds on the page like Gaston
Makes Sagisawa Fumika rage like Gaston

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Chill la Chill posted:

Despite being a giant weeb, I actually don't have much weeb merch at all. Memes are much more valuable (do you know what a rare Pepe goes for?!?) and eternal than merch.

I only tend to get weeb stuff if it's on something useful like a deckbox or playmat (mousepad). Now if they made a love live lunchbox, I'm in.

E: holy poo poo they don't even make LL lunchboxes. :psyduck:

I'm actually the same, I wish more weeb T-shirts were made better and more comfortable in that way. I am terrified of using the word otaku in any way except for ironically

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

did I miss out on anything if I failed one of the special medley lives

They're repeatable, there's four chances to do one per year I think, at the end of each season.

Super No Vacancy posted:

also those outfit ads they serve up in your producer's dreams, are those like the special rewards for doing the DL Live levels? is it just luck if you get one of them as a drop? I did a couple D level DL lives but didnt get anything special

also seems like the tailor for combining outfits is super expensive right??

Yes, yes, and yes. I presume the drop chance increases at higher levels. Also you'll get a drop if you use a P-drop (if you're not aware, if you go to the store right now there'll be at least one, possibly a few free DLC sets of 11 P-drops), but it's still random what you actually get. I'm not 100% sure what happens when you use multiple P-drops, whether it improves what you get or the number of drops, or both, I need to go back and reread the tutorial on that at some point.

If you're me you'll eventually have plenty of money for combining outfits but it depends how much you're spending on lessons, just doing lives is more than enough to gain levels early on anyway.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Word, thanks. I'm playin on my US account so I can't use the p-drops. I basically havent done lessons at all just been doing the songs

this is my fave song so far
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAZS2F-uRdM
some dan deacon poo poo there for a second lol

man I was lookin at the dlc its mad expensive but if they have every voice actress record every part of every song so they can be actually mixed then I guess I get it. that's actually kinda cool

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Stage like Gaston

Literally shaking right now. Fumika cannot be mad. This cannot be possible.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Stage like Gaston

:golfclap:

Sylphid posted:

Literally shaking right now. Fumika cannot be mad. This cannot be possible.

she's not mad, she's disappointed.

And slightly murderous.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Please, please, don't hate Fumika-chan.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what is omoide lol

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

Memory appeals. The kind you press X for.

I usually wait for a sale to get DLC but yeah, songs do give you all the versions and that's pretty good. Can't change how the parts are mixed for groups, though.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Christmas Cake posted:

I usually wait for a sale to get DLC but yeah, songs do give you all the versions and that's pretty good. Can't change how the parts are mixed for groups, though.

Yeah, I'm not getting any songs/dresses at full price, but we'll see how the sale prices are.

I don't know exactly how many plays I have on Honey Heartbeat now but I'm definitely going to get it to maximum song level, eventually.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I got a SSR Chika from a regular pull

I'm a satisfied newbie

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

So uh, I'm really dumb. I mean, I think everyone knows it who's looked at my posting history but I got this for $30. :negative:

http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2015/12/09/nendoroid-nico-yazawa-training-outfit-ver/

It was the mask and sunglasses that did me in.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

So uh, I'm really dumb. I mean, I think everyone knows it who's looked at my posting history but I got this for $30. :negative:

http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2015/12/09/nendoroid-nico-yazawa-training-outfit-ver/

Good job.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I have a bunch of Nendos. A good use of money.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Chill la Chill posted:

Great choice.

emormu
Jan 16, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

Well it's cheaper than trying to collect all the nesoberis. Still hunting for Sunny Day nesoberis while in the meantime the jumbo Sunshine nesoberis continue to be released. Shipping is what makes them painful to order online. Glad you were able to find a decent price on your nendo.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I got the anzu mini nendo and that was a p good purchase

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Oh god I want training Maki now

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

Well, they only do predictions daily after the second or third day so at worst they could just be opening the app a few times a day and writing the numbers down directly, it probably wouldn't change the predictions hugely versus having a constant stream.

Hm, it kinda looks like that's what they do. At least to some extent it requires human intervention.

I do appreciate that on a tweet saying "There won't be a prediction tomorrow for personal reasons," there is at least one [seemingly obligatory] response of "kawaii." It just doesn't feel right without one.

Also wow I thought there was another day to this for some reason.

Oh hey it kicks you out to the title page if you're doing event-related stuff when it ends.

Fine, it's not like I really wanted to see the rankings anyway :(

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Nov 8, 2016

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Hm, it kinda looks like that's what they do. At least to some extent it requires human intervention.

Aha, yeah.

Zenostein posted:

Oh hey it kicks you out to the title page if you're doing event-related stuff when it ends.

Yeah, I discovered this early on when I was just a little too slow hitting the start button

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

Aha, yeah.

Yeah, I discovered this early on when I was just a little too slow hitting the start button

Well, I'm pretty sure it doesn't count if you finish after the event ends anyway, so you saved yourself like 10 minutes.

I had literally just finished and was wondering where 60k was, although it didn't matter, since that was the last refresh period anyway…

Also "Unit 5?" C'mon, even a boring description is better than that!

It just occurs to me that I didn't look at the MV for this song at all! Weird, usually someone would've linked like three different versions on twitter on the first day, but I didn't actually see any.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Well, I'm pretty sure it doesn't count if you finish after the event ends anyway, so you saved yourself like 10 minutes.

Also "Unit 5?" C'mon, even a boring description is better than that!

No, early on.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

No, early on.

Ooooh

You know, I was wondering what the hell you were doing to use 120 stamina…

The R's, too, were perplexing.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

emormu posted:

Well it's cheaper than trying to collect all the nesoberis. Still hunting for Sunny Day nesoberis while in the meantime the jumbo Sunshine nesoberis continue to be released. Shipping is what makes them painful to order online. Glad you were able to find a decent price on your nendo.

I've bought one jumbo nesoberi and I think that's enough for me. I don't remember how much it cost to ship but I remember thinking I didn't want to do that again.

I was gonna show it off from the rear windshield of whatever new car I bought, but I ended up getting a hatchback so now it's just in storage until I can find somewhere else to display it.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The hatchback rear windshield is where I would've placed mine. :confused: You could even get two and place them behind each headrest to tie them securely and reduce blocked visibility.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I feel like their prominence is reduced when they're not right up against the window creating a visibility hazard.

I'll find somewhere for her when I move to my new place. I wanted to get a good display case for all the figs I picked up while living in the dorms, too.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Oh no they would've been right against the window. The car is a Golf hatchback and those faces would've been smushed up against it. The real challenge will be this old super beetle my brother and I have been fixing up to make into a track car and putting an Itasha wrap around it. A single neso in the back would pretty much render the rear window invisible.

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Nov 8, 2016

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
After a late surge, I ended up with 32,374 event points. Don't spoil it for me, but I'll just die if I don't Tier 3. I stopped playing a couple hours shy of the event ending, just because I was too drat tired to keep going. Either way, getting those 100 Star Jewels at 30k was a big thing for me.

Edit:

What is the deal with this error message?

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 8, 2016

emormu
Jan 16, 2012

Moldy Taxes posted:

I've bought one jumbo nesoberi and I think that's enough for me. I don't remember how much it cost to ship but I remember thinking I didn't want to do that again.

:swoon: That's a good one to buy if you are only getting one.

That shipping sounds about right. Either you pay a lot to get it shipped in a reasonable time with tracking or hope that after 6-8 weeks it shows up at all. :shepspends:

Going to meet my goals in the Maki challenge event. Should have 100K by the end of the night for a secure T2. Got the card yesterday on my other account so I don't need to grind on that one today. Been enjoying this festival format.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I got my maki card today.

I'm not even going to break 30k. I do prefer this festival format over the medley.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

IAmTheRad posted:

I got my maki card today.

I'm not even going to break 30k. I do prefer this festival format over the medley.

amen brother.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Did 2 solo yolos, 1st one white envelope, but an SR i didn't have yet inside

2nd one

worth

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

1. that new momoka is great! also i'm glad layla's getting some attention
2. die

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

1. that new momoka is great! also i'm glad layla's getting some attention
2. die

e: I knew I should've cleaned up my 'Momoka-san, shine' edit

Polsy fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Nov 9, 2016

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Skwee posted:

Did 2 solo yolos, 1st one white envelope, but an SR i didn't have yet inside

2nd one

worth

Nice work. I need to go spend my scouting tickets on ENSIF and see the welfare train roll by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
just got all of these

+ an extra of the regular kirari. shes the one i like the least tho