Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rodyle posted:

This wouldn't really make much sense since that's not what immortality is.

It has to be some kind of regeneration. Its not that Zamasu is impervious to damage, he was stabbed through the chest multiple times by Trunk/Black/etc. His wounds just regenerated, like Buu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Wasn't there an episode where he ate a ki blast to the face and he just regen'd? Wouldn't be surprise that's how immortality works. We never ever had a character who actually wished it for in this series.

Movie don't count. :v:

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Truku
Gunk

Vegenks
Trugeta

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

visceril posted:

Truku
Gunk

Vegenks
Trugeta

What about if Trunks fuses with Mai?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Spiritus Nox posted:

They take a vow of celibacy and start an abbey

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Oh my god the next episode cannot come fast enough

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

visceril posted:

Truku
Gunk

Vegenks
Trugeta

Even better: Gonk.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

NowonSA posted:

I kind of wish we got a Vegeta/Trunks fusion instead.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Trai, duh. JFC

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

...oh my God, I just got it.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

tsob posted:

That makes sense. Well, mostly. I still think it's weird that the name is Vegito, instead of Vegeto or Vegotto, since the i in Vegito kind of comes from nowhere and doesn't roll off the tongue as naturally. At least to me.[

are you trying to pronounce it Veg-eye-to?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

ugggggggggggh

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Elfgames posted:

are you trying to pronounce it Veg-eye-to?

No, as Veg-it-oh. And that Veg-e-toe or Veg-oh-toe are easier to say.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
drat, double posted by accident. Never mind.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's like vegeta but with an o instead of an a

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Shindragon posted:

Wasn't there an episode where he ate a ki blast to the face and he just regen'd? Wouldn't be surprise that's how immortality works. We never ever had a character who actually wished it for in this series.

Movie don't count. :v:

Garlic Jr shows up in Z outside of his movie! Characters other than saiyans get to be relevant for a little while!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Eopia posted:

Garlic Jr shows up in Z outside of his movie! Characters other than saiyans get to be relevant for a little while!

Back when I was a kid and all my friends were talking about DBZ, I'd try and fail to get into it because every time I got a chance to watch they'd be playing that one episode where Garlic Jr turned everyone into vampires? and it seemed like twenty minutes of watching Yamcha sloooowly bite Piccolo, followed by five hundred episodes of Gundam Wing. What the hell even happens in that arc?

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Back when I was a kid and all my friends were talking about DBZ, I'd try and fail to get into it because every time I got a chance to watch they'd be playing that one episode where Garlic Jr turned everyone into vampires? and it seemed like twenty minutes of watching Yamcha sloooowly bite Piccolo, followed by five hundred episodes of Gundam Wing. What the hell even happens in that arc?

Picollo gets brainwashed, beats the crap out of Gohan for like 5 episodes, then reveals he was faking the whole being brainwashed thing the whole time.

Meanwhile Krillin gets a girlfriend who's way out of his league, foreshadowing the next arc where he would get a girlfriend who's way, way out of his league.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Doesn't his out of his league girlfriend share the name of his daughter?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that whole arc was filler anyway

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I donno guys. Krillin might be short, but I'm sure there are lots of women that would be impressed by someone who can fly and bench press transport trucks. Plus, he knows the multi-form technique :wiggle:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Squallege posted:

I wonder if he will play around this time. Last time it was to bait Buu into absorbing him

I'm thinking no. The episode preview makes the fight look like a pretty desperate brawl. He looks like he's actually having to give it his all.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I don't think I saw it mentioned but the visual crossfade they did this week between Vegeta and Trunks during the Galick Gun beam struggle was one of my favorite effects of the series.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Now we just need Trunks, non-chump Gohan and Piccolo to do a team Masenko and I can die happy.

Rutibex posted:

Plus, he knows the multi-form technique :wiggle:

I dunno, multi-form splits your power. What's worse, a man that lasts 4 seconds, or 4 men that last one second?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't know if I'm going to be able to handle next episode. I might explode.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

zelah posted:

Doesn't his out of his league girlfriend share the name of his daughter?

yeah it's a good thing nobody told 18 Krillin named their daughter after a girl he tried to bone

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...Although, does Girlfriend Marron exist in the manga?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

tsob posted:

that Veg-e-toe is easier to say.

good because this is correct.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

...Although, does Girlfriend Marron exist in the manga?

no, that whole arc is anime filler and so is she

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

CharlestonJew posted:

yeah it's a good thing nobody told 18 Krillin named their daughter after a girl he tried to bone

He named her after chestnuts. :colbert:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

no, that whole arc is anime filler and so is she

So, the official canon is the manga (not the anime), up until Dragonball Super where the official canon switches to the anime? :psyduck:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yes

dragon ball/dbz were adapted from the manga (where maron didn't exist) up until super, which is made separately from the manga and started beforehand

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

A whole lot of narrative convenience to let Garlic Jr not get trashcanned by post-Nail Piccolo instantly.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Rutibex posted:

So, the official canon is the manga (not the anime), up until Dragonball Super where the official canon switches to the anime? :psyduck:

I'm amazed you've made it this far.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I hope the next story arc lets 18 be cool, her meeting with Future Trunks was great and I just wanna see her do poo poo.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah maron and maron is just toei and toriyama both going for the obvious nut pun

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I wanted a Fat SSB Gogeta kicking the poo poo out of Fusion Zamasu goddamnit! :argh:

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Please don't slander Veku by forgetting his name. :colbert:

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Thing about Dragon Ball Super that were superior to the movie adaptations: Vegeta voluntarily wearing a pink apron when he had to attempt to cook for Whis, and he just kept fumbling eggs because he was trying to be gentle with them.

Edit: also, Mr. Satan playfighting with the great Saiyaman over Pan's love. Well it's also weird but it's adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Mimai Trunks.

• Locked thread