Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Truth don't lie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

quote:

Many journalists continue to demand the release of the "Pepper Hamilton Report." You should know, while the lawyers from Pepper Hamilton gave presentations to the Board of Regents and some administrators about their findings, they never created or delivered a written report.

:fuckoff:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

You should know we made sure they never put down how bad we hosed up in writing.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Everything a law firm does is in writing.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Everything a law firm does is in writing.

Not really. The report was never recorded outside of whatever notes the people hearing it decided to take. I am sure someone somewhere wrote down some statements, but I am sure they were destroyed after giving the report to the Board. This whole thing was designed to make it so that nothing could be subpoenaed or leaked to the press.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
I suppose this won't magically disappear once Trump gets elected, proving it all to be a conspiracy, while we win the Champ... /sarcasm NOT. brainwashed tards. look at the numbers hey dont even add up. how can 17 girls be raped and have 19 guys accused? was there 2 guys who masturabted? check your facts.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
"is video evidence of one dog getting beat silly" and this is supposed to be a news organisation? Who cares if they were attractive, they were WOMEN with REAL bank accounts filled up by clinton's cronies.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

anne frank fanfic posted:

I suppose this won't magically disappear once Trump gets elected, proving it all to be a conspiracy, while we win the Champ... /sarcasm NOT. brainwashed tards. look at the numbers hey dont even add up. how can 17 girls be raped and have 19 guys accused? was there 2 guys who masturabted? check your facts.

wow never thought of it that way....

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Burn it to the ground:

http://deadspin.com/new-report-deta...dium=socialflow

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
http://deadspin.com/on-eve-of-60-minutes-sports-report-baylor-starts-websi-1788463794

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

http://www.redskinsfacts.com

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
*puts on general dog hat*

Ahh, I mean, having a culture of success is always going to uh, ah, keep you from benching star players, especially when women aren't coming forward promptly and the cases are he-said she-said. Maybe if the media hadn't made a circus of the Virginia and Duke cases, uhh, women wouldn't be so hesitant to come forward, you know? Hard to say Baylor specifically swept things under the rug; never attribute maliciousness to what can be explained by stupidity.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Scionix posted:

Ahh, I mean, having a culture of success is always going to uh, ah, keep you from benching star players, especially when women aren't coming forward promptly and the cases are he-said she-said. Maybe if the media hadn't made a circus of the Virginia and Duke cases, uhh, women wouldn't be so hesitant to come forward, you know? Hard to say Baylor specifically swept things under the rug; never attribute maliciousness to what can be explained by stupidity.

uncanny

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

swickles posted:

Not really. The report was never recorded outside of whatever notes the people hearing it decided to take. I am sure someone somewhere wrote down some statements, but I am sure they were destroyed after giving the report to the Board. This whole thing was designed to make it so that nothing could be subpoenaed or leaked to the press.

i don't think a a law firm would just destroy stuff if their bosses tell them to, especially if it documents criminal activity. they're not slaves

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

v2vian man posted:

i don't think a a law firm would just destroy stuff if their bosses tell them to, especially if it documents criminal activity. they're not slaves

Right, but BAYLOR never received a written report, so they, therefore, cannot release the report. 5th dimensional checkmate, LOOK EVERYONE TRUMP! :ninja:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

So when is the death penalty coming then?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

So when is the death penalty coming then?

hahahahahahahaha yeah, that's not happening.

Not that they don't deserve it, but yeah if you think the NCAA is doing anything of note about this beyond maybe a bowl ban, you're sadly mistaken.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

v2vian man posted:

they would if they want to keep working at that law firm or ever be hired by another one

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

v2vian man posted:

I think the idea behind not presenting a report is to make any existing records covered under attorney-client privilege.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

I think the idea behind not presenting a report is to make any existing records covered under attorney-client privilege.

Exactly. Its the same reason why you can't make a defense attorney testify against their client even if they know they are guilty. The lawfirm could have lots of notes, documents, recorded interviews etc. and they are all untouchable unless Baylor and the lawfirm have a lawsuit against each other over the matter. The presentation to the board and any existing documentation or notes taken at that meeting are the only things that are subpoenable. If the presentation is entirely oral and no/limited notes are taken, then there is nothing to subpoena. Yes, its exploiting a "loophole", and its really bad optics for Baylor but its been made clear from day 1 they don't give a poo poo and only care about themselves. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Shady assholes are going to do shady assholish poo poo.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Fire Baylor into the sun... no wait. Fire Texas into the sun. That would solve a lot of problems

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

DrunkPanda posted:

Fire Baylor into the sun... no wait. Fire Texas into the sun. That would solve a lot of problems

Reminder: Texas seceded from not one, but two different countries because they really wanted to keep slaves.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

http://deadspin.com/former-baylor-ad-reportedly-asked-for-immunity-for-foot-1788513277

quote:

Crawford says that Baylor officials were not naive that they had a sexual assault problem, but instead may have brought Crawford on as a scapegoat. She also says that at an emergency meeting on February 4 with former athletic director Ian McCaw, former VP Reagan Ramsower, and others, McCaw asked for “immunity for all football players that were still at the university.” Crawford says, “I looked around the room and everyone had their heads down. And I said no.”

gently caress this entire institution

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

I know a guy who taught McCaw's kids, and he insisted that McCaw was a *good man* and that he was a scapegoat. If anything this proves that he's a despicable human being. Immunity for all football players still at the institution? Wow.

Baylor delenda est.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Scionix posted:

Hard to say Baylor specifically swept things under the rug; never attribute maliciousness to what can be explained by stupidity.

Speaking of under the rug, some crazy Baylor fan produced this fine word salad attempting to get Baylor to post their side of the story -

http://www.lifttherug.com

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 4, 2016

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/CLEInfoMinister/status/795001436199387136

https://twitter.com/Mark_Schlabach/status/795327646938923008

I mean, that't not gonna happen, even if Baylor wanted to cancel all their games for this season

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

god drat that is perfect

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Anyone said gently caress Baylor in the past few minutes? Because gently caress Baylor.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

C. Everett Koop posted:

Anyone said gently caress Baylor in the past few minutes? Because gently caress Baylor.

https://twitter.com/brendatracy24/status/795457214118907904

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

:lol: someone at Scott and White Memorial Hospital is getting loving fired

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Chichevache posted:

:lol: someone at Scott and White Memorial Hospital is getting loving fired

It already says "former".

And holy Christ what kind of awful person do you have to be to send a message like that?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

pillsburysoldier posted:

https://twitter.com/CLEInfoMinister/status/795001436199387136

https://twitter.com/Mark_Schlabach/status/795327646938923008

I mean, that't not gonna happen, even if Baylor wanted to cancel all their games for this season

The ESPN headline called Tracy a "Rape Activist." Is it just me or does that seem pro-rape rather than anti-rape?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Dango Bango posted:

It already says "former".

Welp. I must have taken reading comprehension at Baylor.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

The note is disgusting, but I can't stop laughing at the around 15-20 athletes part of it. He almost sounds disappointed.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

She should just quitely forward all these messages to their employers HR department saying they are all going public in three days.

Oh who am I kidding, like these people are employed...

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Anals of History posted:

The note is disgusting, but I can't stop laughing at the around 15-20 athletes part of it. He almost sounds disappointed.

I'm not even sure how that part is supposed to make sense. For one, he is a guy, so....well I don't think you have to have several degrees from institutions of higher learning to figure out the immediate problem here.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Well he's already hit the e-news circuit so tomorrow's gonna suck rear end for him

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
My white friends have never called me the N-word, so this idea that they just go around calling black people racial slurs is just, y'know, ridiculous, so get hosed.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

big juicy nectarine posted:

My white friends have never called me the N-word, so this idea that they just go around calling black people racial slurs is just, y'know, ridiculous, so get hosed.

I'm confused about how this came up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chichevache posted:

I'm confused about how this came up.

reread the dudebro's statement and then nectarine's post and see if anything lines up

• Locked thread