Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Ciaphas posted:

Dear Respawn please remove Tone and Legion from the loving game until you understand why they're awful and miserable to play against compared to the rest of the Titans

Love, Ciaphas

Dear, Ciaphas

:gitgud:

Love, Respawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Changed my mind, L Star owns.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Ran into my 2nd cheater today. Opened up his profile to report him and he has a picture of himself on his profile. He left after I said he looked like a oval office :thumbsup:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tone more like pwn

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Tone more like pwn

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Ran into my 2nd cheater today. Opened up his profile to report him and he has a picture of himself on his profile. He left after I said he looked like a oval office :thumbsup:

Lol ran into someone like that in TF1. Why people upload pictures of themselves to steam/origin is beyond me

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Today I learned that if you land while sliding you keep your jump momentum and then can keep on jumping and wallrunning superfast??

Normally if you land on the ground you get set to max grounds speed if you where higher than that, but if you land while trying to slide you keep going fast.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Last Titan Standing is just so fun and intense. It's the one mode I largely skip because I have anxiety about single-life gamemodes but man oh man being able to sword core three titans in a row for a win is beyond cool.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

bewilderment posted:

Today I learned that if you land while sliding you keep your jump momentum and then can keep on jumping and wallrunning superfast??

Normally if you land on the ground you get set to max grounds speed if you where higher than that, but if you land while trying to slide you keep going fast.

Yep! Frothy Omen goes over some of these techniques in his YouTube videos, someone linked them earlier. Highly recommend, there are some other subtle things going on like times you don't want to press forwards that aren't obvious and are tough to learn without someone telling you.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Hnnng!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZuXWh5YLBw

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius
FYI, Scorch's firewall ability will instantly gib pilots who get too close.

You might be thinking "duh, already knew that, why wouldn't you just melee them anyway".

Second FYI: apparently a lot of people don't know this, based on the number of random pilots who've run straight into my firewall thinking "ah sweet gonna rodeo this guy" and then NOPE insta-fried.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I kind of dig the L-Star since you can spam bolts forever, though it's pretty much a weaker SMR with more ammo and I mostly use both of them exlusively at close range. Plus, pewpew lasers

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I really like the idea of the Volt but it just feels plain worse than the CAR or the Alternator.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Had a fun night of wallrunning and airshotting people with the EPG. Perhaps not optimal, but I find a pistol sidearm and stimboost lets me handle situations where the EPG might not excel. I used stim once to dash behind a dude harrassing an allied titan and just straight-up execute him.

Also noticed that the Titans have difficulty ratings, Tone and Legion have three stars difficulty! :haw:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Shnakepup posted:

FYI, Scorch's firewall ability will instantly gib pilots who get too close.

You might be thinking "duh, already knew that, why wouldn't you just melee them anyway".

Second FYI: apparently a lot of people don't know this, based on the number of random pilots who've run straight into my firewall thinking "ah sweet gonna rodeo this guy" and then NOPE insta-fried.
Agreed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEru8grC_c0

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Geight posted:

Had a fun night of wallrunning and airshotting people with the EPG. Perhaps not optimal, but I find a pistol sidearm and stimboost lets me handle situations where the EPG might not excel. I used stim once to dash behind a dude harrassing an allied titan and just straight-up execute him.

Also noticed that the Titans have difficulty ratings, Tone and Legion have three stars difficulty! :haw:

To be fair, not everybody can handle owning extremely hard.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I hadn't minded Tone that much until I went up against a group of almost all Tones. I agree with the post that said Tone is lacking for weaknesses. It's definitely beatable, but it's tough to get a leg up when it's good at all ranges and has strong sustained damage output combined with a strong defensive ability.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Nov 7, 2016

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Its not even that I feel like Tone is unfair but I really am sick of seeing him and only him pretty much everywhere. Legion is more balanced now, not sure what they did but he doesn't seem as bad.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I contribute to it because I want to unlock as much as I can before the nerf him into the ground.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
All the titans are at least somewhat situational in some way except Tone who is great as long as you have selected her as your Titan and bad never.

PRL412
Sep 11, 2007

... ... MINE
I love cornering Legion and melting his face off with Scorch's extended duration flame shield. They never equip the dash mod.

Selious posted:

Current fun loadout is amped wall with dmr and charge laser with charge hack, you get it back roughly every 30 seconds or so and vastly improves both of the weapons. DMR goes to one-hit from two and both can be used on Titan crit spots for huge damage.

This is the only way to use A-wall. It's also how I deal with Homestead.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Never played tf1 and have been playing this a bit. Just can't help but feel like something is missing. I also hate playing these types of games solo and I'm worried the handful of goons that do play are gonna stop. Haven't seen much goon activity

I want it to succeed tho and support the free maps content model

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Confirm/deny:
1. Scorch's primary can't hurt the dropship
2. Closing the gap to the dropship while in phase means you just fall through

I don't know if one/both was just a weird timing issue.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Scorch can definitely hurt the dropship. Sometimes it can even get down really low and you can Thermal Shield it.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
Wow, using an auto scorch on cramped attrition maps is an easy way to cheat yourself into the upper half of the scoreboard...

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Tone more like pwn

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I miss having weapon mod unlocks for Titan weapons. :smith:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Nalin posted:

Scorch can definitely hurt the dropship. Sometimes it can even get down really low and you can Thermal Shield it.
Yeah, I don't know what happened that round. I was clearly hurting it in my last game.

BlackRabbit
Jan 23, 2005
If no veteran pilots take issue to my ridiculous bumbling, I will add my name to the PS4 [GOON] roster. I usually am up late and binges.
My PSN tag is Tolchok.
It seems that after playing Destiny for so long where I was able to switch the iron sights and trigger to the L1 and R1, I just keep bouncing grenades into my own face. I was never able to play the first Titanfall, but I am really enjoying this as an extended break from Destiny.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just lost 1200 dollars because I got out of my cockpit and my Titan decided to walk forward, blocking the window I was trying to get into as I fruitlessly bounced off of it in every direction for 10 seconds until I was shot dead.

Fuuuuuuuck this game.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Elysiume posted:

Yeah, I don't know what happened that round. I was clearly hurting it in my last game.
It's not readily explained, but if the entire enemy team is dead and the evac ship is present then the ship will not take any damage. Not really a bug, but it can make it seem sometimes like the evac ship is magically invincible. Maybe that's what you saw.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Knifegrab posted:

Its not even that I feel like Tone is unfair but I really am sick of seeing him and only him pretty much everywhere. Legion is more balanced now, not sure what they did but he doesn't seem as bad.

From what I can tell it looks like Legion's smart core now takes a little longer to walk shots onto targets, which gives pilots a very small window to escape, whereas previously it would instantly mulch anyone who got in front of one at all while he has smart core up.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Elysiume posted:

If the entire enemy team is dead, you can't hurt the dropship anymore.

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

spurdo av master race so what
It feels awful to fight against level 44 turboautists in the first mp match.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Cloak makes you completely invisible to Titans? Pfft, yeah right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX5pRjdedxc

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

discworld is all I read posted:

It's not readily explained, but if the entire enemy team is dead and the evac ship is present then the ship will not take any damage. Not really a bug, but it can make it seem sometimes like the evac ship is magically invincible. Maybe that's what you saw.

Lemming posted:

If the entire enemy team is dead, you can't hurt the dropship anymore.
That was probably it. I've seen the dropship not even show up when there's a teamwipe in the game end phase, but hadn't realized the ship would go invuln if they wiped after it arrived.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Ularg posted:

It's modchips I tell ya!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Flagellum posted:

It feels awful to fight against level 44 turboautists in the first mp match.

No lie I want to be one of those turbo autists and I have moments where I THINK I may be seeing the first moment of enlightenment and then everything goes to poo poo again. I need to do more solo practice on versatile maps like Eden(fantastic parkour options) because getting the bhopes down seems really hard and it is sort of vexing me since Q3 strafejumping can be considered a tough/weird thing as well and I grasped that concept just fine and even got pretty decent at it.

For instance there is a way to make 90 degree air turns around corners so you can infinitely wall run around quare buildings but pulling it off fluently is maddening. Sometimes it works, other times you "spin out" and can't quite make it.

e:

Ularg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX5pRjdedxc

That's fishy as gently caress since you did nothing to give yourself away and you should indeed have been fully invisible.

E2: VVVVV Use smg's so you don't need ADS, feels great. Regarding anti titan weapons, that's thankfully not true. The Charge rifle is a fantastic poker that can crit weak spots(crit a doomed titan, seriously) and it handles like a dream once you gain the charge hack. Sure you deal less damage but gently caress it, it's so much easier to use to get the sneaky shots in.

And then there's the mgl which is a favorite of many. Don't underestimate that thing. It allows you to curve shots blindly into titans without risk of getting wrecked by them.

Mindblast fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Nov 7, 2016

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

My Titanfall 2 multiplayer experience thus far is dying as soon as I see an enemy player. My aim just isn't as good as anyone else's in the game especially when I'm trying to jump and slide around to dodge, and I'm not really contributing anything when i can't hit the broad side of a barn while doing it. Best I've managed to do is just focus on hopping on enemy titans to pull out batteries. I've been trying various weapons and so far only the CAR really seems to get me anywhere. I somehow miss grunts with the Kraber and can't compensate for the start assault rifle's kick I guess.

Also maybe I'm missing something, but the anti-titan weapons feel totally pointless and I think I'd be better off just bringing a pistol instead.

Edit: Also the Tone is ridiculously stupid and I'd feel bad using it, were it not for everyone else also using it.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Nov 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Turns out if you don't play with a full group of other sweaty nerds there's more kills to go around. I think the highest score I've had in Attrition so far.

Ularg posted:

I've gotten a few cloaked pilots running around with Ion's laser shot by following the sound of their footsteps. Cloak definitely doesn't make you completely invisible to Titans, there's some faint outline of the pilot, not as recognizable as a pilot but I assume the Scorch heard your shot from the building, turned and you can hear your footsteps in the killcam right before he shoots.

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Nov 7, 2016