Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
So I want to start playing Skyrim again as I never actually finished it, but given that most of the mods arent ported, I'm assuming I should wait?

Any estimate on when things like SPERG and SkyUI will get ported?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i really love the automatic nature of SPERG and how it makes skilling up inherently feel like an improvement to your character, but the personality in the ordinator skills is very interesting. while SPERG is closer to being a vastly improved version of the vanilla perk tree, ordinator does a lot of new and interesting things. i feel like ordinator gives each tree a real personality, spreading around some unique abilities that can change the way you play the game.

heavy armor has a 90skill perk that makes enemies run in fear from you if you approach them only by walking towards them. that is awesome.

i played almost exclusively with sperk in oldrim, but i've been using ordinator in SE and it is fun and fresh.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I like having unique and plentiful choices so I chose Ordinator. I saw the 100 alchemy skill was imbibing a poison that, if you survive for a certain time, pays out in some huge buffs and some perk points. That sounds incredible.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

slowm posted:

So MO has not been updated for SkyrimSE right?
And that's why MO "can't find the game binary and launcher"?

Running SE, Windows 10

Nexus hired the guy who developed MO on the 17th of October, and he added mod virtualization to NMM. This means the primary guy who was developing MO is gone and it is most likely dead unless someone else gets off their rear end and starts working with the source code.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 6, 2016

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Is there a Dragon Souls for Perks mod for SE, yet? Or does the old one work?

I'm already swimming in dragon souls.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Devorum posted:

If it doesn't require SKSE, you can update it for SE by just downloading the one for oldrim and converting it to SE. If not, I've been using this:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2743/

It makes it so doing bounty quests gives perk points, which is both neat and worthwhile imo.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 6, 2016

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Lunethex posted:

I like having unique and plentiful choices so I chose Ordinator. I saw the 100 alchemy skill was imbibing a poison that, if you survive for a certain time, pays out in some huge buffs and some perk points. That sounds incredible.

Pick Pocketing lets you buy Perk Points for 50k gold too.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

I've been searching but I've had no luck. Does anyone know if there's a mod ported for Special Edition that removes interior fog and misty particle effects? Outside my game runs like a dream, but inside dungeons I'm dropping frames like they're hot.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Xae posted:

Pick Pocketing lets you buy Perk Points for 50k gold too.

perk pocketing

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is ordinator balanced Around Getting more perks than normal or are you supposed to focus a build

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Ordinator has the same perk gain as vanilla unless you install one of the optional modules to increase it.

Gabrielite
Apr 24, 2008

Devorum posted:

Yeah, Ish's Souls to Perks has been updated for SE. Was one of the "important" mods I was waiting on.

In my game, I've been relatively dragon free though so using Perk Points and More Gold for Bounty Quests like no bones about it suggested has been far more useful in filling out perks that I don't grab through leveling. I expected to have a ton of souls by now at level 35 but my dragons have been surprisingly shy.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Just chiming in and agreeing that Ordinator is really neat. It opens up some neat builds and play styles and I've really enjoyed playing it on SE.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Has anyone been able to login to Nexus yet, or is the server still being bombarded?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

Has anyone been able to login to Nexus yet, or is the server still being bombarded?

It was still hosed as of an hour ago for me. I'm actually glad it bombed out today because it gave me a great opportunity to do yard work and study most of the day, instead of chopping dudes apart as an Orc.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Wildtortilla posted:

It was still hosed as of an hour ago for me. I'm actually glad it bombed out today because it gave me a great opportunity to do yard work and study most of the day, instead of chopping dudes apart as an Orc.

Allow me to ruin it for you. You can still download mods manually. The only thing that isn't working is downloading with mod managers.

Edit: I've had some good luck modding so far

Cheap Shot fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 7, 2016

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
It's back up!

So wait. If I download mods manually put them where NMM would, I can use NMM to then automated their installation?

I can't believe I didn't consider that. Oh well, I had a very productive day!

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Wildtortilla posted:

It's back up!

So wait. If I download mods manually put them where NMM would, I can use NMM to then automated their installation?

I can't believe I didn't consider that. Oh well, I had a very productive day!

You can just drag them into the NMM window.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Question - does Ordinator add scaling to destruction magic like SPERG or should I source another mod that does the same?

Also 3DNPCs is tentatively compatible.

http://3dnpc.com/2016/10/27/3dnpc-v3-31-sse-alpha/

I add tentatively because everything's in a loose file rather than a BSA which makes installation take for loving ever.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

aioli is just mayo posted:

Thank you for the work you did, was pretty fun playing with both.

I did not make SPERG+Ordinator.

I only did the SPERG+Ordinator+CACO patch.

It's more of a SPERG+CACO patch, to be honest.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

The Iron Rose posted:

Question - does Ordinator add scaling to destruction magic like SPERG or should I source another mod that does the same?
Looks like yes.

quote:

0 - Destruction Mastery (2) - Destruction spells cost 35/50% less Magicka, and Destruction spells are 0.25/0.5% more powerful per level of Destruction.

Also, found a link to this post on the nexus forums that claims you can get the non-SKSE portions of SkyUI 5.1 to function as well. Will give it a shot whenever I get around to trying out SSE.

quote:

You can use SkyUI 5.1, just delete the quest_journal.swf and use it without the esp. Everything except skse releated stuff works, like translations and columns related to SKSE fnctions.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Nov 7, 2016

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

The Iron Rose posted:

It adds some scaling--less than I seem to remember from other mods--but more than that it gives you a lot more ways to buff spell damage in general, outside of all the stuff under Destruction. The Enchantment tree in particular has stuff for dual-casting, spell + staff and spell + weapon builds and alteration has a few buffs as well. You get the most out of robes + staff, but having the option to go spell + weapon and give benefit to the weapon as well is really nice. Or even staff + weapon for stamina regeneration if you're mostly going weapons.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/650/ holy poo poo :allears:

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

:magical:

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

I know there are a lot of awful mods out there, but sometimes it's all worth it for when someone knocks it out of the park like this. :allears:

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

lurksion posted:

Also, found a link to this post on the nexus forums that claims you can get the non-SKSE portions of SkyUI 5.1 to function as well. Will give it a shot whenever I get around to trying out SSE.

It works. I get a bit of a delay before the menu opens though. I hadn't tried the other version (2.2?) that's linked in this thread, so I don't know if it has the same delay.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Man SSE is crazy stable in comparison to regular skyrim. Just installed 150 odd mods and bam, works totally fine, with one or two missing textures. Though my framerate is hovering around 30 FPS which kinda blows, despite my GTX 970.

but all things considered a low framerate and a few missing textures after dumping 150 mods into skyrim is pretty crazy.

e: okay, disabling vsync solved the low framerate, reinstalling smim fixed the textures.

getting rid of open cities though. not worth the hassle, cool as it is.

e2: well that's goddamn bizarre. No NPC audio, voices, etc. And this despite disabling everything but the unofficial patch and the alternate start.

Mod added voices work fine however. Suggestions on how to fix?

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Nov 7, 2016

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

e2: well that's goddamn bizarre. No NPC audio, voices, etc. And this despite disabling everything but the unofficial patch and the alternate start.

Mod added voices work fine however. Suggestions on how to fix?

Vanilla Skyrim had a weirdo problem where the vanilla audio would decide to just get 'lost' if you installed on a drive other than C.

Otherwise, if you uninstalled all of that stuff without starting a new character (also delete your old saves) trouble will abound.

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful

IAmTheRad posted:

I did not make SPERG+Ordinator.

I only did the SPERG+Ordinator+CACO patch.

It's more of a SPERG+CACO patch, to be honest.

I had never considered using Ordinator until I saw you had made a compatibility patch, it was fun.

On an unrelated note, Lost City is pretty dope and one of the VA's does an impeccable Patrick Stewart impersonation (is it Patrick Stewart).

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So I finally got my SE conversion of my house mod, Brelvu Manor finished.

This mod includes the custom Chitin Armors I posted before, and for shits and giggles I also added two robe retextures I made a while back and never got around to putting in their own mod:

They are the Masserite and Tenebrous robes, based on the shrouded robes and inspired by EnaiSiaion's Dwemertech and Spectraverse. Fun fact, the Dwemeri text on the Masserite robe says Masser University Athletics Department.

Oh and I found out that because I opted into the beta, my CK's render window is hosed for now. Yay.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Kiggles posted:

Vanilla Skyrim had a weirdo problem where the vanilla audio would decide to just get 'lost' if you installed on a drive other than C.

Otherwise, if you uninstalled all of that stuff without starting a new character (also delete your old saves) trouble will abound.

Well that might well be the cause. The drive thing,not the save thing. I'm not insane hah.

E: wow I'm dumb it was a fuckup with archive invalidation in the .inis

Anyways! New question time. Is there a character overhaul that isn't Total Character Makeover since it makes everyone look like plastic barbie dolls.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 7, 2016

Orv
May 4, 2011
Nope that's pretty much character overhauls for you.

XCE is probably the least offensive in that regard.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Warning about XCE: It works fine, except in character creation. Disable it when making a new char, then reenable it. BTW Orv I posted my house with those retextures you wanted.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

The Iron Rose posted:

I add tentatively because everything's in a loose file rather than a BSA which makes installation take for loving ever.

Couldn't you just pack it into a BSA yourself?

my guess is they're running into the same CK BSA packing issue I did. By default the CK tries to make you create a Mod.bsa and ModTextures.bsa; this fucks up and fails because reasons. But if you run the BSA creator program yourself, outside the CK, and pack everything into one BSA - so you have modname.esp and modname.bsa, and that's it, it works just fine.

why the CK defaults to making multiple BSAs for a single mod is Bethesda :shrug: at its peak, but go into your SSE dir and somewhere in there is a tools subfolder with the appropriate BSA packing program. Archive.exe maybe?

e: for the record I love the recent saga of your posting being "I installed 150 mods and it all worked, nice" followed by a chain of mod-related fuckups :v:

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Nov 7, 2016

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh poo poo right, grabbing that. Thanks.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
ENB with the SE looks pretty darn good!

Burns
May 10, 2008

Mike the TV posted:

ENB with the SE looks pretty darn good!

Nice. But do be kind enough to share links please.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

I was considering going back to regular skyrim to have access to more mods, but now that this mod has been released there's no longer any need!
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3226/
What a relief

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Cheap Shot posted:

I was considering going back to regular skyrim to have access to more mods, but now that this mod has been released there's no longer any need!
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3226/
What a relief

I am glad that this mod is available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Looks like there's no SE conversion for The Basket: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=15488.

Therefore, the new Skyrim is unplayable.