Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
I just came back from a 3 week vacation - what's a good build now for OD? Are jokers still worth taking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Cool, thanks. Can it be viable without a dodge deck? Do I only need the deck for DW or up?

Do the weapon damage stats for akimbo weapons account for the one handed talent only giving half damage to each?

People used to use stuff like a HE judge for shields and stunning dozers, is that not a thing anymore? If not, I'm definitely taking the white streak.

Gabe!!
Oct 13, 2016

I was wondering if you were going to show up.

:smugdog:

clockworkjoe posted:

I just came back from a 3 week vacation - what's a good build now for OD? Are jokers still worth taking?

Jokers are borderline necessary for One Down, they make excellent distractions, and with their huge health pool, are super-tanky. A full team of 8 jokers makes OD a joke. As for other skills, dodge/crits are the way to go, bows were nerfed, but are still pretty viable, otherwise, use 100+ damage shotguns or rifles.

Here's a build you can play with that gives you a lot of survivability, best used in conjunction with someone else with doctorbags/FAKs.
http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mfIJKl:eaDEFgIJLNR:tl:gjkLnOPr:fHL:ibcdea::w40-27-5-3-8-12:s49-2-25-10:a3

22 Eargesplitten posted:

People used to use stuff like a HE judge for shields and stunning dozers, is that not a thing anymore? If not, I'm definitely taking the white streak.

Dozers can only be stunned with the Counterstrike skill now, they're too smart for HE rounds and grenades.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
If that code thing is still going on id like one

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Clover is my #1, so if I can get on the Mega action, I'd super-appreciate it.

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat
I too, wish to whore myself out for masks. I can help with cheevos/maybe trade you a lovely spare weapon skin I have or something.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
I have never gotten any special payday masks so I would like one :)

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
do we even have a dude with the codes

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
if we did before we sure don't now

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!
I'm pretty sure nobody who went to PAXAUS actually has codes yet, since Overkill has yet to send them out:

https://twitter.com/OVERKILL_TM/status/795288233001136128

I'd dig having one, though I'd prefer to get a King or Joker and it doesn't sound like they were giving out any of those again.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Did the Biker Heist secret item move? There's a million videos and screenshots showing the same location and it's not goddamn there.

Slide McGriffin
Nov 16, 2009

OOOOoooOOooo
i'll take a mega clover mask if theres one going spare :shobon:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Did the Biker Heist secret item move? There's a million videos and screenshots showing the same location and it's not goddamn there.

It's a random spawn as I recall.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I think it can be in four spots: above the bar, in the rafters, in the vantage point, and in the bunker.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Daryl Surat posted:

I'm pretty sure nobody who went to PAXAUS actually has codes yet, since Overkill has yet to send them out:

https://twitter.com/OVERKILL_TM/status/795288233001136128

I'd dig having one, though I'd prefer to get a King or Joker and it doesn't sound like they were giving out any of those again.

Ooh a 100. I guess I should say that I'd like one too then once someone finally gets them.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
I'm waiting for someone to confirm actually having some.

In the meantime, I recently went infamous for the third time (life-long chump at Payday 2) and discovered the joy of akimbo smgs with suppressors. They just make such a satisfying noise, like shuffling a pack of sleeved cards. This leads to the question, are they actually good at anything?

e: Specifically, the compact 5s, although I can certainly try out the krinks.

Mystic Mongol fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Nov 7, 2016

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Mystic Mongol posted:

In the meantime, I recently went infamous for the third time (life-long chump at Payday 2) and discovered the joy of akimbo smgs with suppressors. They just make such a satisfying noise, like shuffling a pack of sleeved cards. This leads to the question, are they actually good at anything?

Make a build for them (Oppressor tree and silencer skills from ghost) and they are very fun and good. Akimbo krinks are the best IMO.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mystic Mongol posted:

I'm waiting for someone to confirm actually having some.

e: Specifically, the compact 5s, although I can certainly try out the krinks.
I personally love Akimbo Heathers but my build for it requires to me to at least like level 95 because I go whole hog for stability, accuracy, ammo capacity, and Inspire.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
A new mask? Sign me up, if there's a list

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I personally love Akimbo Heathers but my build for it requires to me to at least like level 95 because I go whole hog for stability, accuracy, ammo capacity, and Inspire.

Yeah Akimbo Heathers with body mastery are hilarious for overkill. I haven't found any SMG build I trust for Mayhem and up though.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I like how mention of a new Mega mask has turned us all into Facebook Aunts; if you share this status, God will give a Mega Clover to this baby otter that has cancer!

(And yes, this is me requesting one 'just in case it's true')

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Yeah Akimbo Heathers with body mastery are hilarious for overkill. I haven't found any SMG build I trust for Mayhem and up though.
I dont think I would try an Akimbo SMG build in DW or OD every anyway, so yeah I agree. It is a ton of fun overkill and once Mayhem is balanced properly it could work. I definitely intend to play around with it once I hit 100 again because Body Expertise Aced adds 100% headshot damage now instead of like 67% or whatever it was before they hosed everything up.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I'll say that the Heathers on a suit build with Ex Presidents is great for any endurance achievement that requires Overkill difficulty. As long as you don't do anything profoundly dumb, it is drat near impossible to die and keeping ammo in check just requires you not kill cops where you can't reach their bodies.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

As long as you don't do anything profoundly dumb, it is drat near impossible to die and keeping ammo in check just requires you not kill cops where you can't reach their bodies.

While akimbo SMG builds are fun and good, this applies to a whooooole lot of builds on Overkill.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I'll say that the Heathers on a suit build with Ex Presidents is great for any endurance achievement that requires Overkill difficulty. As long as you don't do anything profoundly dumb, it is drat near impossible to die and keeping ammo in check just requires you not kill cops where you can't reach their bodies.
I did a ~25 bag run on Counterfeit with some friends a while back with dual Heathers, an HE Judge, a LBV, and Gambler....it was fun and sustainable. I think I had to touch an ammo bag once because I got tazed a couple times after having to unload to kill some Dozers or something.

John Murdoch posted:

While akimbo SMG builds are fun and good, this applies to a whooooole lot of builds on Overkill.
For bads like me, not necessarily. I built my build very specifically and it worked, but other builds I have tried when doing endurance things like 25 bags on Cookoff or Counterfeit I was sucking on ammo bags hard. It doesnt help that on Cookoff it is so easy to kill cops where you cant get their ammo drops (which is why I like counterfeit so much, also gently caress Bain/cooking meth).

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Get Bain Can't Cook For poo poo and don't tell everyone else in your lobby and they'll think you're a cooking wizard for always knowing what to put in 5 seconds before Bain says his lines.

Not coincidentally, this will shave a few minutes off your 25-bag cookoff total time, demonstrating just how absurd the entire "bain is unable to google for poo poo" cooking scenario is, as well as showing how absurd the Cookoff challenge is. And, of course, your pro MLG speedrun strat demands you save every single possible frame this way. :v:

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 7, 2016

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Psion posted:

Get Bain Can't Cook For poo poo and don't tell everyone else in your lobby and they'll think you're a cooking wizard for always knowing what to put in 5 seconds before Bain says his lines.

Not coincidentally, this will shave a few minutes off your 25-bag cookoff total time, demonstrating just how absurd the entire "bain is unable to google for poo poo" cooking scenario is, as well as showing how absurd the Cookoff challenge is. And, of course, your pro MLG speedrun strat demands you save every single possible frame this way. :v:
I have it but compared to Counterfeit's layout, lack of cops mainly spawning and shooting at you from where you cant get their ammo, more ingredients, listening to Bain being bad at cooking the whole time, I would just rather play Counterfeit :shrug:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Psion posted:

Not to mention the issue where announcing snipers at the wrong time will prevent the ingredient announcement from playing and you'll have to wait for Bain to take a big ole hit off his vape pen before he's ready to give you another ingredient announcement.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

There is no reason to be outside where cops can shoot you from inaccessible spawns on Rats D1/Cook Off, doubly so if you roll a 2F lab. If you're out there getting shot and getting mad you can't harvest their ammo, don't be out there.

like the front is easy, wait for them to get to the cars. Side, wait for them to jump down the ledge. Rear, wait for them to hop the fence. If you're going to do a 25-bag endurance run, you need to be aware of ammo considerations. :shrug:

preferring Counterfeit, though, is fine and good. I'm sick of Rats and anything Rats related myself.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Not to mention the issue where announcing snipers at the wrong time will prevent the ingredient announcement from playing and you'll have to wait for Bain to take a big ole hit off his vape pen before he's ready to give you another ingredient announcement.

I'm 64.2% sure this is a good post that made me laugh

seriously though, I hope if Overkill ever does another joke heist, it involves putting snipers in as an ingredient for how often this exact scenario plays out

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

"Alright, the next ingredient is, ah, - Oh no! The cat is on my keyboard! Hang on guys!"

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Psion posted:

There is no reason to be outside where cops can shoot you from inaccessible spawns on Rats D1/Cook Off, doubly so if you roll a 2F lab. If you're out there getting shot and getting mad you can't harvest their ammo, don't be out there.

like the front is easy, wait for them to get to the cars. Side, wait for them to jump down the ledge. Rear, wait for them to hop the fence. If you're going to do a 25-bag endurance run, you need to be aware of ammo considerations. :shrug:
I am aware of the ammo considerations which is why I dislike that I have to not shoot certain cops/go to certain areas/play a certain way to ensure that I am ammo-sustainable. That is essentially a non-issue on Counterfeit and really almost any map other than Rats/Cookoff.
If I hang out on the second floor of the crackhouse I cant shoot out the windows because I will end up only being able to shoot/get shot by cops who are somewhere where their ammo drop will be unreachable. I find that annoying. Thats all.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I am aware of the ammo considerations which is why I dislike that I have to not shoot certain cops/go to certain areas/play a certain way to ensure that I am ammo-sustainable. That is essentially a non-issue on Counterfeit and really almost any map other than Rats/Cookoff.
If I hang out on the second floor of the crackhouse I cant shoot out the windows because I will end up only being able to shoot/get shot by cops who are somewhere where their ammo drop will be unreachable. I find that annoying. Thats all.

hold on, let me write you a lua mod that makes your pickup range 2 miles.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Discendo Vox posted:

I think it can be in four spots: above the bar, in the rafters, in the vantage point, and in the bunker.

Five. Fifth option being "not anywhere.". I've seen a few times where i ran thru these spots and had nothing show. :v:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Bad news folks- I was wrong about the two bugged trophies. You will in fact need to re-earn them.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Wow that's really lovely. Thank Christ that I didn't complete the golden grin one, I hate that map in stealth. Having to do it again would have been the worst.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I think the Goliath's silenced gunfire sound might be bugged. The sound effect ends so abruptly it makes me think it was supposed to last half a second longer.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Drewjitsu posted:

Wow that's really lovely. Thank Christ that I didn't complete the golden grin one, I hate that map in stealth. Having to do it again would have been the worst.

You can just do it loud with a pistol build now at least. Way easier.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Just like my pro job achievements, they gotta go and make poo poo easier to get (or nonexistent) after I get it.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

loving Spuf is useless.

So I found a thing to make custom strings in the game, and I figured why not.

It seems simple enough, but something's hung me up

Let's say I want to change "Hold [key] to pick the lock" to "Hold [key] to sneak that poo poo"

What's the poo poo I put in the string replacing text file LUA, so that it reads what key I have bound to Shout/Interact, and places it there? Or, for masking up, for "Deploy". SPUF literally just went "I dunno what you're asking but here's a Press 2 Interact mod, that's what you want, right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I assume you already have the best string replacement mod ever made, INH's true masterpiece: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3751994#post452856669

what's this thing you found to make custom strings? I could probably answer the question better if I saw it.

Psion fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Nov 8, 2016