Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

as we've already gone over, she did exactly that, because she thinks not doing it is a political liability

No, hillary is not downplaying the racism and sexism amongst the Trump electorate, unlike Bernie. She's using it to motivate her base.

comedyblissoption posted:

how could there be so much more total US dollars in the world in 2016 than there were since converting to fiat in the 1970s? the US has also run large deficits for the vast majority of those years. the answer is that the US has "printed" an enormously large amount of money since converting to fiat and has done so without turning into zimbabwe. printing money has aided the US in creating wealth.

an imagined alternative history of the united states using zero-balanced (cyclical or otherwise) budgeting and never printing new total money into circulation to fund debts would be absurd.

Printing money so economic growth doesn't cause deflation is not the same thing as printing money to finance a budget deficit.

Again, I want you to consider that maybe you don't know as much about this as you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

JeffersonClay posted:

We haven't financed them by printing money. We've financed them by taking out loans and paying interest.
where does this interest come from to pay for these decades of deficits? "printing" money. by definition taxation did not cover it, because we've been running deficits all of this time and funding these interest payments.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

I'm not arguing that Trump supporters are racist or sexist or whatever. JeffersonClay made a post I did not read, then you decided to get all smug about the definition of "median," and I still have no idea where you were going with that, whether you were making a point that was nonsensical or just wrong.
Ah sorry, thought you were agreeing with him on his point rather than just arguing the specific nature of most, since he was using it to prove his point about said bigotry.

I was arguing with the same concept given from earlier as more than half, and that it's pointless to try to equate the median house income with them being mostly bigoted, as there are more likely valid reasons for what Bernie to be saying to be true. When given the median income I was stating that it was a pointless figure as that doesn't eliminate the other reasons based on each households individual relative situation despite where they may be located.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

issuing government debts in a fiat currency to pay for goods and services while running large deficits as the US has been doing is essentially printing money

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

where does this interest come from to pay for these decades of deficits? "printing" money. by definition taxation did not cover it, because we've been running deficits all of this time and funding these interest payments.

Could you just link to wherever you got your economics from and then stop? Because this is bad.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

printing money in this context means creating more dollars in US circulation than existed before to pay for these issued debts

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

"printing" money to generate wealth is a good thing. printing money doesn't mean bad 100% of the time.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
stop

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Also since we're talking about Money, Currency, and Wealth, let me link you guys a very good video series on that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nZkP2b-4vo

Understanding how the concept of money has been built up you can understand that only sky is the limits.

I mean I guess I should say it but I think you all know what I would say

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

audit the fed

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Pinterest Mom posted:

audit the fed

kill your parents

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

yes let's balance the budget even though the united states, the wealthiest nation in the world which has ran large budget deficits for almost every year in the modern era, is a counterexample to why it's a terrible idea

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

A Winner is Jew posted:

kill your parents

'kill you're parents' mr president.

But no, it was something along the lines of "something something... Bitcoin/Ether"

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Just because it's the dead candidates thread doesn't mean you can still bitch about primaries itt

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I wonder if anyone will try to sneak into the A&M Jeb! classes.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

yes let's balance the budget even though the united states, the wealthiest nation in the world which has ran large budget deficits for almost every year in the modern era, is a counterexample to why it's a terrible idea

The US basically gets sovereign debt for free since stable country means low interest rate sovereign debts.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

docbeard posted:

I genuinely miss the primaries. They were a simpler, happier time, and we didn't know how good we had it.

I would take another year of nate-level shookness and nonstop arzying rather than a single day of ranting HA Goodman conspiracy theories about Clinton stealing primaries or Sady Doyle going on about how Sanders is secretly a white supremacist.

The primaries were miserable, the only thing that made them tolerable was watching Jeb! getting daily noogies and even that went away.

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ3-0BAVnrw

soon the prophecy shall come to pass :discourse:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

zen death robot posted:

Of course Bernie is a bad Best Buy pc :eng99:

I bet the Dell dude felt the Bern.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

zen death robot posted:

Who's the sick custom gaming rig

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

this is clearly wrong, the xbone is a sad joke just like trump

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Geoff Peterson posted:

Fakeedit: nice meltdown, salt emoji, possible sixer with a .gif and indecipherable fauxscottish(?) from lastgirl .

Ha!

funny bit ah pure cuid gie less o a jobby lad

cuid uise a wee nap if yer fixin' to dry yer tears and harvest salt frum primaries if yer keekin fur an excuse

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 10:52 on Nov 7, 2016

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.
https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/795701260510896128

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I've heard reports they did throw a seating device

It wasn't a chair, but a beanbag.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I made this video about Little Marco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbOVS8w-hEg

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

zen death robot posted:

Of course Bernie is a bad Best Buy pc :eng99:

He could be the Mac Book Pro 2016

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Aesthetically pleasing but you have to convert everything to a single issue to interface with the world.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lock him up
https://twitter.com/DanielStrauss4/status/795746588043968512

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.
When will this endless corruption end? Bernie Sander is a criminal.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

fraud

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Lock him up...

In the white-house

Forced to do hard labor as the POTUS

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Jeb Bush, 63 years young, has come to this pond every day for the past 17 years, to feed the turtles. But last month, Joe made a discovery... the turtles... were gone! Some say the turtles went to Florida, others say Tallahassee. And some people say, that Jeb! used to sit down there, near those turtles. But it could be, that there is just no room in this modern world, for an old man... and his turtles.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I voted :patriot:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Me too! :patriot:

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

I miss you, Maple Grandpa.

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx
Hmmmm. Looks like Hillary kind of sucked. Too bad there wasn't an alternative that invigorated young voters, inspired people, and polled consistently better against Trump than Hillary that could have maybe done better. Oh well.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Is this where you go to discuss hillary now?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

snakeandbake posted:

Hmmmm. Looks like Hillary kind of sucked. Too bad there wasn't an alternative that invigorated young voters, inspired people, and polled consistently better against Trump than Hillary that could have maybe done better. Oh well.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Face it Logikv9: YOUR CANDIDATE SUCKED and she deserves to be in this thread.

• Locked thread