Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shock Trooper posted:

Yeah I don't understand why people are rushing to do the bonus battles within the first hour when we still have 7 hours of Sundaily with x2 Greens. They'll be there for another week!

Because most of my good characters are at Lv80+, all of my less good ones are at Lv65, and I'm tired of burning stamina constantly on dailies just for more greens? :shobon: Besides, 62 stamina isn't even a full run of ++ Sundaily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Turns out getting Auron's SSB made the bonus battles complete piss

Only needed to hone sapphire shot and hydroburst to R2 to satisfy medals and last the fight

Abandon hope trying the U++ unless you have ridiculous mixed mitigation and/or magic blink/a curaga medica, the Ultima/nova spam is real :gibs:

Grimalkin
Oct 2, 2008
If Tidus equips both Apocalypse and Golden Hairpin, does that only count as one small boost to water damage? What about if he also equips Dreamguide RM for "much more water damage?" Does that stack with the small boost(s) or does one replace the other? What about if he is then infused with the power of water?

I have no idea how elemental boosts play together!

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Grimalkin posted:

If Tidus equips both Apocalypse and Golden Hairpin, does that only count as one small boost to water damage? What about if he also equips Dreamguide RM for "much more water damage?" Does that stack with the small boost(s) or does one replace the other? What about if he is then infused with the power of water?

I have no idea how elemental boosts play together!

It all stacks and is what makes him so sickly powerful.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

It all stacks and is what makes him so sickly powerful.

Yeah, they all stack. I'm pretty sure it's additive (not multiplicative) so it's not as broken as it could be, but that scenario is still doubling his damage (+20% from two boosting pieces of equipment, +30% from the RM, +50% from en-element boosts). That's also why Paladin Cecil with his BSB, Excalibur IV, and a Platinum Shield XII is so stupidly powerful.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
drat where has wrath been all my life? I stuck it on Faris and now she can BSB and sea lord's broadside without any window where neither of the effects are gone. I plowed through X's ult fights and Daedelus that way. I don't really care if it's a big drop in damage, its benefits are way too good to pass up.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KataraniSword posted:

Yeah, they all stack. I'm pretty sure it's additive (not multiplicative) so it's not as broken as it could be, but that scenario is still doubling his damage (+20% from two boosting pieces of equipment, +30% from the RM, +50% from en-element boosts). That's also why Paladin Cecil with his BSB, Excalibur IV, and a Platinum Shield XII is so stupidly powerful.

That's if you have the Enwater effect from Razzmatazz. Apocalypse is his OSB.

However, having Enwater on means that Energy Rain is doing 130% more damage, since Enwater boosts SBs by 80%.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

The dollar pull did me a solid and now I have an All-Rounder.

This doesn't change too much other than my abysmal X synergy being slightly improved and oh yes I will definitely hone Hydroburst and/or Sapphire Shot now thank you.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I thought we were supposed to get the missing 25 mithril today? I still haven't gotten it.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I thought we were supposed to get the missing 25 mithril today? I still haven't gotten it.

The announcement said 11:59 PM PST, which sucks but it's still on the 6th.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

At midnight PST, so right when the daily dungeons change to Monday's.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
I had zero X synergy, so I decided to do an 11-pull on the Tidus banner. Got his OSB, his armor, and Paine's SSB! Needless to say, I didn't have any trouble with the ultimates this week.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
Single pulls have let me down a bit, but it's gotten me most of my best gear. I just pulled Tidus' OSB a and a bit ago I got tidus' chainstarter SB. I don't have razzmatazz but hopefully the OSB is ok without it...

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.
I was cleaning up my Follower list and saw this Tyro... I can't even be mad at this one, they're committed to the bit.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

he still needs his MC3

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Just pointing out that Jecht's RM2 (Heavy-Handed Father - % chance of turning Attack into Exploding Fist) is transparently about beating his child :catstare:

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

KataraniSword posted:

Because most of my good characters are at Lv80+, all of my less good ones are at Lv65, and I'm tired of burning stamina constantly on dailies just for more greens? :shobon: Besides, 62 stamina isn't even a full run of ++ Sundaily.

We got MC3's with Level 99 caps now though... unless you're just using a lot of eggs to get everyone to 99 ASAP. I only egged up Luneth for the RM but I have Tyrone, Pencil, and Vaan in the 90's right now slurping up the EXP. Even if it's only 62 stamina, still feels silly to drop everything to do bonus battles now now now, unless you're hurting for another MC3 lode to break. Mondaily isn't as useful as extra EXP right now.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I decided to say fuckit and try to pull on the Bad Boys banner to try and get Tyro's BSB, even though I have his SG.

2/11

Vincent's Shortbarrel
Garland's Dark Plate

I'd say it's kinda a dud...but eh, if anything Garland's armor has Attack on it AND a Minor Dark Resist...really would have been useful on Ahariman U+...but, eh. Vincent's Shortbarrel will also make him a decent fighter in FF7 CMs since it's En-Fire SSB damage and Garland's got Imperil Dark for me down pat.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Just pointing out that Jecht's RM2 (Heavy-Handed Father - % chance of turning Attack into Exploding Fist) is transparently about beating his child :catstare:

Yeeeeaaaa...considering Jecht in general...yea, I wouldn't say he was the best father. Also hilarious in hindsight all things considered since Tidus turned out to be...a PASSIBLE human being even after the abusive (physically possibly maybe and most certainly mentally, scarring and otherwise) childhood.

Kemix fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 7, 2016

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010
626 ATK Tidus OSB if that would be useful to anyone - code is eGKB

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
TEEDUS

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Hah I couldn't even beat last week's Ultimate fight and here is a video of someone soloing Daedalus with Penelo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pb9O8XRjI8

On the bright side this week is looking much more doable for me. Guess I'll find out tomorrow, but I think RWing Tidus with his OSB is going to let me burst bosses down with subpar mitigation like I usually do, especially since this time the enemies aren't immune to all my good BSBs :argh:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
All the bonus battles down, and they're all pretty easy. Even had Wakka pulling DPS duty for Ultima Weapon, doing 9999x2 with Sapphire Shot after all my debuffs were down.

Despite my last few pulls being good for building a Mage team (Vivi BSB, Penelo BSB, Terra BSB, and an old Kuja SSB for an alternative Faithga), my team is still very heavily physical-oriented. The only real flaw is that Auron's movepool is very shallow.

It's also nice having five different sources of Magic Blink to take my pick from (Selphie, Ovelia, Kimahri, Beatrix, Tyro). The temptation is there to try and pull for Kimahri's SSB, but Mythril budget's gonna be pretty tight for the events starting from Onion Knight.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

So . . . am I the only one showing Monday's Daily Up now and still no 25 Mythril?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Nope, waiting until daily rewards before I weep though.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Were the Ultimates specifically designed for Tidus?

Its extremely weird they all die to Water, especially the actual fish being weak to water.
E:Also loving hell Omega was tedious as hell. He doesn't do anything, just a really obnoxious sponge that makes hits that aren't water feel like Styrofoam.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Nov 7, 2016

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Goodness, those bonus battles really were a cinch. I had fairly good synergy going into this so I haven't pulled on either of the FFX banners, and I didn't even hone Sapphire Shot past R2 (I'm really hurting for Major Lightning Orbs, honing Thief's Revenge to R3 did a number on me). Omega Weapon was indeed a bit of a slog once I ran out of Sapphire Shot uses, but Vaan BSB and Agrias Cleansing Strike was mitigating the hell out of everything except for Gravity... which Eiko BSB healed up nicely.

I really really want more MC3 lodes.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Oh man, I cackled when fully buffed Tidus did 99999 damage to the U++. SO MUCH FOR YOU, FUCKO

One shot all of them with extreme ease. The U++ made me sweat a bit by chaining two AoEs after a gravija, but a medica fixed me up and it was smooth sailing from there.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I did Omega Weapon with my complete shout squad ft. max mitigation

Bartz w/BSB
Auron w/ SSB
Agrias w/ SB
Ramza w/ SSB
Eiko w/ BSB

Stacking banishing blade with armor break, cleansing strike and full break was hilarious, his Ultima was barely doing 250 damage through wall and shell

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
After the FFXII stuff, these ults were a refreshing breather. Good old fashioned "hit the weak spot for massive damage" fights with nothing fancy. CM squad below:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Finally got the 25 mythril, so let's do a pull and....

:woop:

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
While the temporary death of the Water God Tidus dream is unfortunate, I really can't complain about having just Razzmatazz anyway. It's a gimmick against water-weak bosses, sure, but if they're going to insist on making all X content weak to water in order to justify the existence of said gimmick then I ain't gonna argue.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Man, how can I have good luck recently in pulls in one FF mobile game and such awful luck in another

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

While the temporary death of the Water God Tidus dream is unfortunate, I really can't complain about having just Razzmatazz anyway. It's a gimmick against water-weak bosses, sure, but if they're going to insist on making all X content weak to water in order to justify the existence of said gimmick then I ain't gonna argue.

Razzmatazz is going to be very useful when the D200/250 Terror dungeon for FFX comes in, doubly so if you're doing the Cid's Mission for D200.

I'm pretty sure the Terror Cid's Missions are going to be the first Cid's Missions that I probably won't complete. Maybe Gi Nattak since I have some decent VII synergy.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Swapped my RW over to Tidus's BSB. e5R5 if you want your journey through the Ultimates to be filled with slaughter. :haw:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Shoenin posted:

Were the Ultimates specifically designed for Tidus?

Its extremely weird they all die to Water, especially the actual fish being weak to water.
E:Also loving hell Omega was tedious as hell. He doesn't do anything, just a really obnoxious sponge that makes hits that aren't water feel like Styrofoam.

Excuse to use the new Shooter abilities, so kinda

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

"Everyone in the ultimates is weak to water! And oh look, the X banner has a prominent big water damage relic! You should pull!"

No gently caress you game I'm saving for FF XIV like a proper fanboy.

Anyway CM down because I have gobs of X caster poo poo and the boss has half a dozen weaknesses so it wasn't a huge bother to get it done.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

I uh...completely forgot about shooter abilities existing when I did the ultimates. Bartz bsb/Celes SSB were MVP for most of them with Waterja strike/Snowspell strike.

Ultimata weapon required me to bust out Eiko BSB to stay alive, otherwise they all seemed to melt.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

This time around Omega Weapon was the only one who seemed tricky, and even then it still wasn't at the same level of Daedalus (thankfully). Given its high defenses, hones and/or elemental SBs will make a huge amount of difference. Hell, Exdeath was using Waterja R4 and still was running on fumes at the end. Luckily I had Cloud with some spellblade abilities and Leila with Pirate's Knives. At some point I'll have to actually craft create/hone some 5-star for her and the other celerity/thief characters I have at high levels, but in the meantime she was really doing well with Lifesiphon and 30K - 50K per SB on Omega Weapon.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

NGDBSS posted:

Given its high defenses, hones and/or elemental SBs will make a huge amount of difference. Hell, Exdeath was using Waterja R4 and still was running on fumes at the end.

The hones were definitely the key. Once I got everybody fitted with a resist KO accessory, I still needed to hone Thief's Revenge to R4 and Sapphire Shot to R3 for my full FFX team to take him down. It's pretty amazing how quickly Tidus can go through abilities when you have R2 Powerchain and his armor SB Leap & Rush, but the DPS is ridiculous. So even without his BSB or OSB he can still out-damage everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Razzmatazz is going to be very useful when the D200/250 Terror dungeon for FFX comes in, doubly so if you're doing the Cid's Mission for D200.

I'm pretty sure the Terror Cid's Missions are going to be the first Cid's Missions that I probably won't complete. Maybe Gi Nattak since I have some decent VII synergy.

Gi Nattak is actually pretty easy thanks to some weaknesses in his AI (a huge proportion of the damage in the fight is either single target BLK, and thus Runic/Lureflectable, or gravity, and thus able to be nullified with accessories) and the ability of Yuffie to demolish him with Gust and Double Gust.

• Locked thread