Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crush Boss
Nov 25, 2010

Don't let children breath your smoke

The Titanic posted:

He went there to interview people. Got interviews. They didn't like what was said. He signed an NDA to not release the interviews he went there to conduct. Why would anybody do that? :confused:

While this seems strange, I'm glad he got a refund. I hope others follow suit.

Because a Goon was descending on C.I.G Austin and they lost their poo poo, who would have though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51UZNpAoGB8

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Needs more thumbs up

Crush Boss
Nov 25, 2010

Chalks posted:

Needs more thumbs up

Yes more thumbs up.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Kakarot posted:

just started playing as well. I laugh every time at the stupid deaths I do. Flying off bikes is the best type

My daughter told me I was a bad driver after police rammed me about 8 times in 3 seconds at an intersection.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Holy living gently caress that's some awful acting.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Raskolnikov posted:

So I've been playing GTA5 like mad today, just stealing coke, reselling coke, robbing other players for their coke. Ya know, typical GTA5 day!

I was zipping along on my bike doing a wheelie when I hit the back bumper of a car just right and this picture was the result:

Did I respawn 30,000 feet away with no recourse but to kill myself? No. Did I jitter and clip through the map? Nope. Did I laugh and laugh as my bike soared through the air and then managed to land? Yes! I did.

Star Citizen Grand Theft Auto 5 is a great game.

Every time I come back to GTA 5 I have a blast. It really is just solid fun.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

"Eat by" dates are another pet peeve of mine, I mean you can use them to determine freshness but for edibility? Nah, your nose and, to a lesser extent, your eyes, are much more accurate, especially for stuff like meat and dairy products

They're not exactly hard people, think "fruit"

90% of the people i know have lovely noses, tho.
They couldn't smell meat that's going bad if you'd rub it in their nose.

Then there's the people who hide spoiled food by dousing it with garlic...

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

:five:

drluv
Feb 25, 2016

Please do not undercut me in front of the child.

Man, you deserve the medal of parp for watching all this.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

Somebody post that gif of Chris writing "dreams" on the white board.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

orcinus posted:

90% of the people i know have lovely noses, tho.
They couldn't smell meat that's going bad if you'd rub it in their nose.

Then there's the people who hide spoiled food by dousing it with garlic...

Well if you rub their faces in your tainted meat you don't really get to complain about their lovely noses :colbert:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Crush Boss posted:

Because a Goon was descending on C.I.G Austin and they lost their poo poo, who would have though.

stop doxing me

Crush Boss
Nov 25, 2010

Never stop doxing, never.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm the low-budget student sitcom that doesn't understand pacing, punchlines, or humor in general.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Well if you rub their faces in your tainted meat you don't really get to complain about their lovely noses :colbert:

I'm not Fuzzy modem.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
the full trailer for ME:A is hitting today whoop

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

a cyberpunk goose posted:

lol lazrin picking medical software experience as his trump card is amazing, there isn't an industry besides Roberts Industries that is better at wasting millions of dollars on poorly specced features. also medical field software dev is so drastically and remarkably unlike gamedev, it's a perfect example of not understanding how experiences you've had in one area do not necessarily translate to even beginning to understand the demands of another

but hey medical software == computers, MMOFPS games == computers, ergo via the transitive property...

I have a friend who works on medical software...he complains that his bosses keep randomly coming down from lunchtime meetings to tell him and his coworkers they've decided to add a new feature to whatever they're working on. Of course, this requires rewriting everything to make it work properly, and it's still due at the end of the day, so hackjobs abound. Sounds familiar, don't it?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Pilz posted:

I have a friend who works on medical software...he complains that his bosses keep randomly coming down from lunchtime meetings to tell him and his coworkers they've decided to add a new feature to whatever they're working on. Of course, this requires rewriting everything to make it work properly, and it's still due at the end of the day, so hackjobs abound. Sounds familiar, don't it?
this is every software project, unfortunately

until someone on the team loses his poo poo and goes on a 30 minute rant while management recoils in horror at the truth

that either gets things on track or they fire the poor guy and replace him with another yes man

which one do you think roberts does

drluv
Feb 25, 2016

TheAgent posted:

until someone on the team loses his poo poo and goes on a 30 minute rant while management recoils in horror at the truth

that either gets things on track or they fire the poor guy and replace him with another yes man

What does your heart say?

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

That's brutal.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

TheAgent posted:

I worked as a dev in a hospital for a few years out of college. It ended with me complaining to my boss, co-workers, anonymous complaint box, and upper management who then proceeded to never address my complaints. So, I then quit while restating all my complaints to the aforementioned people, still with no guarantees that anything would change.

They eventually made changes to address many (but not all) of my complaints a couple months after I left.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
oh poo poo my ps4 pro is shippin today

I bought it to be 100% ready for SQ42 on console, since my PC only has a 980ti and a i7 six core cpu

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheAgent posted:

I bought it to be 100% ready for SQ42 on console, since my PC only has a 980ti and a i7 six core cpu

Yeah, you probably don't even have 64GB of RAM like the machines at CitCon had. Pleb.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

TheAgent posted:

You expect SQ42 to come out before ps5? Great news! The mo-cap work must be coming along better than expected.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
they can't release star marine without call of duty/battlefield making GBS threads all over it

now they can't release SQ42 without ME:A making GBS threads all over it (Q1/Q2 2017)

they had a great window in 2015 to early 2016

they are 100% hosed now

roberts you idiot

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

You expect SQ42 to come out before ps5? Great news! The mo-cap work must be coming along better than expected.

The mop-cap work must be coming along better than expected.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches
If I buy ships on the PC will my ownership transfer to the PS4? Will I be able to harass B'tak if he plays on PC and I play on console?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Hey Lazrin & MoMA: out of curiosity, are you both voting for Trump?

Given your terrible critical thinking skills and poor past decisions, that is my assumption.

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

TheLightPurges posted:

I'm like 99% sure you cannot legally deny the use of gift cards for purchases. Can a legal goon fill me in? I think with the "melted stuff" they can do whatever slimy thing they want but they lump melted in with gift cards and treat it the same on their site. You cant pick and choose what the customer can spend gift cards on.

Edit: I'm googling around and I can't find a precedent because no company appears to be stupid or arrogant enough to think they can get away with it by their customers regardless of the legality. Good thing CIG people aren't customers, they're a cult.
Only information that shows up is that giftcards can't expire and they may be worthless if the company goes bankrupt (RSI or CIG).

dunno if anyone's mentioned it but there is actually sorta-precedent. Air Miles has always pulled that type of poo poo and is getting worse, randomly denying people rewards due to age of miles, age of account, or anyfukinreasontheycancomeupwith. Also remember most coupons say you can't stack discounts.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Pilz posted:

dunno if anyone's mentioned it but there is actually sorta-precedent. Air Miles has always pulled that type of poo poo and is getting worse, randomly denying people rewards due to age of miles, age of account, or anyfukinreasontheycancomeupwith. Also remember most coupons say you can't stack discounts.

Miles are their own special program "currency" that you earn by flying, etc and not "store credit" and giftcards aren't coupons.

I was referring to them denying the use of giftcards for purchases.

Every business I've ever heard of treats gift cards as cash. If someone gave me an Amazon Gift Card I can use it on their black Friday deals.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/Malkanoo/status/795649774242430976

$130 million, and the biggest supposed accomplishment of SC is that other games were funded, developed, and released.

Fuckin' great job!!
Mission accomplished!!!
Landed sucfestul!

drluv
Feb 25, 2016

dude, that thing triggers some childhood nightmares

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Propagandist posted:

Holy living gently caress that's some awful acting.

And Sandi's still the worst one in it. Truly amazing.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/innlive/v/99233322?t=25m56s

Words of Wisdom.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Propagandist posted:

https://twitter.com/Malkanoo/status/795649774242430976

$130 million, and the biggest supposed accomplishment of SC is that other games were funded, developed, and released.

Fuckin' great job!!
Mission accomplished!!!
Landed sucfestul!

If space-sims regain popularity it's definitely due to the whale's who blew thousands on Star Citizen. It has nothing to due with mainstream successes like Mass Effect and Star Wars.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Here's some bunnies!

http://i.imgur.com/ESgHM9b.mp4
http://i.imgur.com/urM4Iyv.mp4

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.
So PC Gamer will be testing Star Citizen on their stupid fast PC build, the Large Pixel Collider. They styled the case like the Ark of the Covenant which is a riot.

It goes something like:
i7 6950x
128 GB (lol) RAM
2 x Titan GPUs
PCIe SSD
Water Cooled

It will be hilarious to watch the PU still fart and sputter on this hardware, I hope they are appropriately bewildered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

drluv posted:

dude, that thing triggers some childhood nightmares

http://www.hallo-spencer.de/home/bewohner/bewohner.php?wer=14

?

• Locked thread