Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Incineroar will get Intimidate, perfect for its role as a bulky Fire/Dark type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

TriffTshngo posted:

I liked maybe 4 of them.

I know this thread loves to play favorites, hey we all love shooting the poo poo, we can all take a punch and bounce back with the best of em right?

well not you my friend, you officially have Bad Taste™

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
incoming list of good rear end Pokemon from Unova

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_Unova_Pok%C3%A9dex_number

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

HoneyBoy posted:

I know this thread loves to play favorites, hey we all love shooting the poo poo, we can all take a punch and bounce back with the best of em right?

cool thanks for being a dick about it.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

TriffTshngo posted:

Don't sweat it

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
so if ash's pikachu is in Sun/Moon, you think we'll finally get the Water Sprinkler attack from the anime: an Electric type attack that nullifies ground's immunity to electricity?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I hope that Surfing Pikachu is back in Sun/Moon. I don't care about any other Pikachus in comparison.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Lupus Rufus posted:

so if ash's pikachu is in Sun/Moon, you think we'll finally get the Water Sprinkler attack from the anime: an Electric type attack that nullifies ground's immunity to electricity?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Soak_(move)

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

HoneyBoy posted:

I got 85 is that bad taste too?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So is pokemon Uranium finished enough to beat? Or what about pokemon insurgency? Kind of want to play a pokemon Rom back for a bit.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
just listened to Spreading the Disease and i can't believe queensryche predicted lp's in the 80's

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Turtlicious posted:

So is pokemon Uranium finished enough to beat? Or what about pokemon insurgency? Kind of want to play a pokemon Rom back for a bit.

Don't. Just don't. Almost every pokemon fan game is cringe incarnate filled with bad design choices that can only come from people not understanding the fundamentals to pokemon, And even if they manage to get the gameplay right they'll get the plot, maps, and balance entirely wrong.

The best, so far, of the dreck that I've played is Gaia, which goes to Gym 6. And even that one isn't clean of it. Glazed (well, Blazed Glazed) is fine till the end of the first region, then it swan dives into a pool of feces. Pokemon Metal is just... bad, that should have been apparent when upon the game starting up you're treated to an almost 5 minute cutscene of shady deals in the rain. Zeta has a tonne of problems, for every "Right" thing done, two wrong things take its place. 'Acclaimed' hacks like Snakewood are such utter garbage of gameplay and ideas and writing that there must be a community joke I'm not in on. Don't even try Pokemon Reborn.

Here's the general thing you will run into with any Pokemon fangame. The difficulty curve so out of whack you'll be endlessly running back to the Pokemon Center, about 6 billion rivals, one of whom might be interesting, but none of whom have arcs, personalities or meanings, just and endless stream of roadblocks because more rivals = good right?, "Serious" evil teams that completely shatter the tone of the game, along side a collection of edgelord OCs.

So you might think you'll be fine playing "Rebalance" or "Enhancement" hacks. You wont be, because the people making them don't actually know how to balance Pokemon.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

TriffTshngo posted:

Just ignore them. Like I do with the gen 5 dragon the artists gave up on colouring midway through, leaving its face a giant red blob of shite

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

every gen has bad pokemon but gen 5 has way more good ones than bad ones and the best of the bunch are among the best designs in the series

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I hope that Surfing Pikachu is back in Sun/Moon. I don't care about any other Pikachus in comparison.

You'll get something even better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwAUyx80z_E

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
The main problem with the RPG Maker games boils down to them being made by people who will use smogon to give everything you fight maxed EVs, perfect IVs, tutor and TM moves and competitive items while also making you deal with the lovely IV things you catch, gen 3 style EV training only probably without any of the items to boost it, barely any TM access, no tutor access and no competitive item access. Happiness evolutions will also be using old mechanics and feel like torture and probably breeding as well. Zeta/Insurgence are probably some of the better ones for somewhat avoiding that or giving you tools to work around it. For the others, you'll be long into the game before you're winning with actual strategy rather than brute force.

The re-balance rom hacks are a lite version of those issues and much more tolerable overall. Some stuff will have bullshit tutor/TM moves that are way too powerful for when you fight them, but it'll only be some stuff and you'll get tools to win via strategy at a more fair/steady rate compared to the RPG Maker games. I don't think most of the re-balance hacks give trainers perfect IVs/maxed EVs either. The ones that change up move balance and pokemon typings are also at least interesting for being different. And since they're rom hacks you can put them on a portable or use a turbo mode without having to mess around with cheatengine. And if you have a decent computer emulated games shouldn't run like rear end whereas RPG Maker pokemon games will always run like rear end regardless.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Someone from 4Chan got an early copy of the game and ofc 4chan tradition says doubles names the starter, so we're off on a new adventure in Hawaii with "Fake and Gay" the Rowlet. I'm kinda afraid to repost the screenshots but I've got them saved

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Someone from 4Chan got an early copy of the game and ofc 4chan tradition says doubles names the starter, so we're off on a new adventure in Hawaii with "Fake and Gay" the Rowlet. I'm kinda afraid to repost the screenshots but I've got them saved
Post stuff in spoilers if it's cool and interesting.

Cut out all the 4chan poo poo though before doing so.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

give me the anchor stats. tell me

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Golden Goat posted:

Post stuff in spoilers if it's cool and interesting.

Cut out all the 4chan poo poo though before doing so.

From what someone else is telling me in a Discord it's just enough to say "haha I have the game and you don't". :geno:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Never let 4chan decide your pokemon's names. Nothing else posted so far except a couple screenshots of boring stuff.

e: Leafage is just grass-type Ember/Bubble and it's physical. Just a replacement for vine whip on weak grass types

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Nov 7, 2016

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Huh. Does the status screen do that thing where it makes your buffed stat red and weaker stat blue?

In that case, Rowlet has a neutral nature, it seems, and unless its IVs are all over the place, it seems like it has balanced attack stats, and is actually slower than people expected.

Granted, all of that can change with IVs and level ups, and its evolutions' stats could be very different.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Countblanc posted:

owl: 80 80 60 115 80 115

cat: 100 110 90 90 80 60

seal: 95 60 90 115 100 70

Are these confirmed or just a guess?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Here's the 4chan stuff with only the user's posts

https://archive.nyafuu.org/_/search/tripcode/fFO0IgPFrv8/

E: Also the TCG Solgaleo and Lunala card game packaging show they have a pre-evolution in case the spoilers weren't enough confirmation.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Geostomp posted:

Are these confirmed or just a guess?

it's confirmed, contblanc is my uncle, and he works at nintendo

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Crabrawler catchable on first island, oh yes. Punch Crab is gonna be my friend.

Pikipek's evolution is called "Trumbeak," has Keen Eye as one of its abilities, high attack, low sp. attack, medium speed, and evolves at level 14.

Rowlet evolves at 17. Holy poo poo, its stats look bad. It's defense oriented with low speed.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Nov 7, 2016

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Rowlet/Dartrix looks slow, defensive and with equal attacking stats.

huh

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

To anyone not wanting to be spoiled, like with the demo leak, I'll be keeping anything that leaks from the full game out of the OP, but aside from Corocoro there probably won't be anymore official news until the games come out. Leak discussion is still fine in the thread, I can't and won't enforce that.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

So with that out of the way, at level 17, Rowlet evolves and currently has 58 HP, 31 Attack and Special Attack, 34 Defense, 32 Special Defense and 23 Speed. Make of that what you will.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

So with that out of the way, at level 17, Rowlet evolves and currently has 58 HP, 31 Attack and Special Attack, 34 Defense, 32 Special Defense and 23 Speed. Make of that what you will.

That means he's trash and THE DARKEST LARIAT reigns supreme.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
snipers arent exactly known for moving around a lot so i guess it makes sense

was not expecting high defense stats tho

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Crosspeice posted:

Interesting that they are back to different levels for starter evos, like in gen 2.

Also ugh, slow owl. :( At least it's defense stats are such that it won't get slaughtered. At least, according to Rowlet's stats.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

hopeandjoy posted:

Interesting that they are back to different levels for starter evos, like in gen 2.

Also ugh, slow owl. :( At least it's defense stats are such that it won't get slaughtered. At least, according to Rowlet's stats.

Yeah, he'd survive a lariat with those stats.

But not THE DARKEST LARIAT. :getin:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

mandatory lesbian posted:

snipers arent exactly known for moving around a lot so i guess it makes sense

was not expecting high defense stats tho

What do you think the hood is for.

gently caress man, I don't wanna wait two more weeks

HeartNotes3
Jun 25, 2013

PSWII60 posted:

Oh my god there are Z-ring toys already So by experience the Z-move, they don't mean get flattened by a nuclear Snorlax right?

Not gonna lie, that toy looks pretty cute. Not mind-blowingly amazing but it's nice the toys are integrated with the games now.

So, incidentally, I bought a 2ds for Sun and Moon, will everything still run okay on it?

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007

HeartNotes3 posted:

So, incidentally, I bought a 2ds for Sun and Moon, will everything still run okay on it?

Should be fine. I don't think much, if anything's, in 3D anyway (in regards to Sun & Moon)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
don't care for stats, tell me if Guzma is a good boy

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Zoo06 posted:

Should be fine. I don't think much, if anything's, in 3D anyway (in regards to Sun & Moon)

Going by the demo they dropped 3D support entirely for sun/moon. So yeah 2DS won't be missing out

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Gengar has Cursed Body now, lmao thanks for the nerf Game Freak

edit: Gigalith with Sand Stream, Vanilluxe with Snow Warning

The Golden Gael fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Nov 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

korusan posted:

Gengar has Cursed Body now, lmao thanks for the nerf Game Freak

edit: Pelipper with Drizzle, Torkoal with Drought, Gigalith with Sand Stream, Vanilluxe with Snow Warning

Wait, where are you getting this?

Are these normal abilities now? Wha?