Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Whitey Snipes posted:

Ended up at 197 with 6.5k points, it's annoying that there was an additional lottery aspect based on your shard. Now I'm 45/50 on Shoretrooper which is just the worst!

gonna be same here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I'm holding at 60th, 55 minutes to go, all out of AP. 100th place means I get 4* shoretrooper, 101st place means no shoretrooper :(

e: Ugh, 80th, 30 minutes to go....

Also, for today's tournament, I put my best mods on EP, EE, RG, Poe, and Vader, and it was awesome.

e2: Um, at 0 seconds, I was showing 100th. Please, please, please don't let me get pushed down one rank.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Nov 6, 2016

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

I'm holding at 60th, 55 minutes to go, all out of AP. 100th place means I get 4* shoretrooper, 101st place means no shoretrooper :(

e: Ugh, 80th, 30 minutes to go....

Also, for today's tournament, I put my best mods on EP, EE, RG, Poe, and Vader, and it was awesome.

e2: Um, at 0 seconds, I was showing 100th. Please, please, please don't let me get pushed down one rank.

Wow, that is close. It sucks that you can't even see how close people are below rank 50 too.

I ended up in 8th or 9th, which should give me a 4* shoretrooper. Annoyingly I will be 15 shards short of 5*, even though I got 20 shards last time around. I had about 7.3K points, the top guys had close to 10K. I need more speed secondaries, I think the key to the top is to be able to beat the top 50 or so guys, so you will see the weaker teams. Even if you only have one dude survive, being able to beat them is useful.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

Wow, that is close. It sucks that you can't even see how close people are below rank 50 too.

I ended up in 8th or 9th, which should give me a 4* shoretrooper. Annoyingly I will be 15 shards short of 5*, even though I got 20 shards last time around. I had about 7.3K points, the top guys had close to 10K. I need more speed secondaries, I think the key to the top is to be able to beat the top 50 or so guys, so you will see the weaker teams. Even if you only have one dude survive, being able to beat them is useful.

Ugggg, 103rd. No shoretrooper ever for me I guess. 45/50. I wish I had been more strategic the first two days, just didnt figure it out until today. Oh well.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Ugggg, 103rd. No shoretrooper ever for me I guess. 45/50. I wish I had been more strategic the first two days, just didnt figure it out until today. Oh well.

Ouch dude, that sucks.

Ended up in 9th, pretty decent rewards:

Wasn't able to fully level him, and he needs some gear, but having fought a bunch of them during the event, looking forward to having him on my arena team. Not sure how to mod him though, just health? Maybe some tenacity?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

Wasn't able to fully level him, and he needs some gear, but having fought a bunch of them during the event, looking forward to having him on my arena team. Not sure how to mod him though, just health? Maybe some tenacity?

Why didn't I save AP for the past 4 months? It's not like I get anything useful from bronziums ever...

I think all tenacity sets on him is best.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
So wait, is this shore trooper never going to be available ever again, in any other way?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

So wait, is this shore trooper never going to be available ever again, in any other way?

He will, but they haven't told us how. Could be awhile.

We also don't know more about Tie Fighter Pilot, either

Also, Shoretrooper is incredibly broken, so not having him in my arena team is going to suck a lot.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

They walked back the "final appearance" comment, so I think there's a good chance the tournament + shoretrooper will be back. I'm not sure there's a consensus on when it's good to start though. I still think that "as soon as it opens" is probably not good, and thanks to Mal's insider info, waiting a day is also not good.

Edit: Here's the updated announcement: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/74796/shoretrooper-event-return-leaderboards#latest

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Nov 6, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
He doesn't feel broken to me but that's probably cause I don't run meta teams. He is great against droids but your standard Wiggs/Lando opening salvo nearly oneshots him (gear X, 40k+ protection).

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

He doesn't feel broken to me but that's probably cause I don't run meta teams. He is great against droids but your standard Wiggs/Lando opening salvo nearly oneshots him (gear X, 40k+ protection).

"I don't run meta teams"

"I kick his rear end with Wiggs/Lando"

:psyduck:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Chilichimp posted:

"I don't run meta teams"

"I kick his rear end with Wiggs/Lando"

:psyduck:

No, I get *my rear end* kicked by them.

My team is Emp/Vader/TIE Pilot/Shoretrooper/Snowtrooper (yes really) at the moment. :)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

My team is Emp/Vader/TIE Pilot/Shoretrooper/Snowtrooper (yes really) at the moment. :)

now I understand

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Finally got Lando finished. Man, he's a powerhouse.

Now to finally work on Wedge.

Until I have Wedge + Biggs, how does.. Ackbar (L), Lando, STHan, RHan, Leia sound? All but RHan are 7-star.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Nov 6, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

iGestalt posted:

Finally got Lando finished. Man, he's a powerhouse.

Now to finally work on Wedge.

Until I have Wedge + Biggs, how does.. Ackbar (L), Lando, STHan, RHan, Leia sound? All but RHan are 7-star.

Lando is probably a better leader if you can spare the speed difference.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
I got knocked out of 3rd with 15 minutes left last night and no more ally points which was the deciding factor between 4 star and 5 star. At my level of 58 I dont want to spread too thin. Should i power him up even though hes just a 4 star or focus on others for now?

Currently my roster is:
STH lead
Lando
Rg
Qgj
Lumi (subbing for Rey when i unlock tomorrow).

I have biggs but hes on the backburner until i get wedge which i have to wait awhile before i can even do the level.

Should shoretrooper take one of those 5 slots?

Boozie fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 6, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

I got knocked out of 3rd with 15 minutes left last night and no more ally points which was the deciding factor between 4 star and 5 star. At my level of 58 I dont want to spread too thin. Should i power him up even though hes just a 4 star or focus on others for now?

Currently my roster is:
STH lead
Lando
Rg
Qgj
Lumi (subbing for Rey when i unlock tomorrow).

I have biggs but hes on the backburner until i get wedge which i have to wait awhile before i can even do the level.

Should shoretrooper take one of those 5 slots?

At your level, I think you'll be fine without him. I think he gets really good at higher levels (his protection is fairly absurd, which scales off gear levels). Focus on your 7 stars.

Mr. Neutron posted:

I would replace Vader and Snowtrooper with Ewok Elder and another tank. STH, Poe, etc.

There's a guy in TI running EP, Sun Fac, Shore, B2, and EE, and his team is basically unbeatable.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
But that would no longer be an Empire team :(

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
So, I've become affected by some bug where the final GW team I face every day is just this level 80, 4*, G4, no mod CHAOS DUNK.

I don't know what I've done to deserve this.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 6, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

So, I've become affected by some bug where the final GW team I face every week is just this level 80, 4*, G4, no mod CHAOS DUNK.

You got too good at the game.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

So, I've become affected by some bug where the final GW team I face every day is just this level 80, 4*, G4, no mod CHAOS DUNK.

Are you level 80? For me, the rando generated last team is always the same level as me, which actually let me confirm that your GW opponents are generated when you reset GW, as I reset it at level 82, but then hit level 83 before I got to the last team, but the last team was still level 82.

Malgrin posted:

There's a guy in TI running EP, Sun Fac, Shore, B2, and EE, and his team is basically unbeatable.

I wonder if this works with 4* Shoretrooper? Given how annoying B2 was in the tourney, I might have to farm him up soon.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Chilichimp posted:

That's the bug that has not been fixed for nearly 5 months now.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

That's the bug that has not been fixed for nearly 5 months now.

Nah, I was getting lovely 2nd from last and last teams up to 2 weeks ago.

edit:

I really need them to add more toons to GW.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I've been trying to think of a decent way to beat shoretrooper teams, assuming you have one of your own, and it seems to me that if you have both Shoretrooper and B2, your best bet is to act slower than the enemy team and hope your B2 activates, so that you can clear their Shoretrooper taunt.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Chilichimp posted:

Nah, I was getting lovely 2nd from last and last teams up to 2 weeks ago.

edit:

I really need them to add more toons to GW.

AFAIK, when looking for opponents the game takes your strongest arena teams power level + something like 5000 and since there's no 48k+ teams (yet), it generates one of those broken green teams.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

I wonder if this works with 4* Shoretrooper? Given how annoying B2 was in the tourney, I might have to farm him up soon.

Yeah, it works with 3* Shoretrooper, at least for Arena. His protection is so absurdly high you just load him up with that, and you need a combination of dispel and burst. He'll have low HP, which makes the EE thing less significant, but you're still trying to deal with EP, B2, and another tank, so...fun times.

I want to try recreating this with a super fast Poe instead of Shoretrooper, with a fast-ish STH to follow that up, but I don't think it will be as good. Also I still need to farm both Aayla and B2, and to make the above fast-Poe thing happen I still need better mods.

Cantina energy is the worst.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I modded my TIE pilot to 234 speed and the team is suddenly a lot more viable. Ackbar lead SThans are still a problem though :(

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

Whitey Snipes posted:

Ended up at 197 with 6.5k points, it's annoying that there was an additional lottery aspect based on your shard. Now I'm 45/50 on Shoretrooper which is just the worst!

40/50 for me! I hadn't thought to be banking my AP. I will now ... but too late to get the trooper.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I extremely hope they just add his rear end to the GW store in a month or two.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I extremely hope they just add his rear end to the GW store in a month or two.

No, because of how hard he is to get, I'm guessing they'll make him cantina, cantina shipments, or hard missions.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
I have a bit of surplus beyond the 50 x 2 + 100 x 2 cantina and am trying to figure out what to spend it on. 200 crystals seems like a lot for cantina refresh but you double dip on the shards at least. Is it ever worth buying an item from the shipment store instead of energy refreshes?

100 crystals for energy used to farm an item is about half as efficient as just buying the item outright. Assuming I just bought the 100 crystal energy every day I’d average roughly 640 xp + an epic item (x20 salvage) OR I could buy items for crystals and get 0 XP and 2 items from the shipment store for very close to the same amount of crystals.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

I have a bit of surplus beyond the 50 x 2 + 100 x 2 cantina and am trying to figure out what to spend it on. 200 crystals seems like a lot for cantina refresh but you double dip on the shards at least. Is it ever worth buying an item from the shipment store instead of energy refreshes?

100 crystals for energy used to farm an item is about half as efficient as just buying the item outright. Assuming I just bought the 100 crystal energy every day I’d average roughly 640 xp + an epic item (x20 salvage) OR I could buy items for crystals and get 0 XP and 2 items from the shipment store for very close to the same amount of crystals.

Yeah, it all depends on how much you value that XP. I definitely think it's worth farming gear just a little slower to get to 85 just a little faster, but I do think it depends on where you are and what you need most.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I think the math works out that the 300 crystal items are worth it if you were going to be using 100 crystal refreshes to farm the item. For an item that costs 8 stamina per run, assuming a 33% drop rate, you are looking at 5 of that item per 120 stamina refresh. If you need 20 of the thing, it would cost 400 crystals to farm it vs 300 to buy it. If you only do the 50 crystal refresh, it isn't worth doing though. The 1400 crystal items aren't worth it except for the furnace, which has like 3 50 item parts in it.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
The math is closer to 25% (from my limited sample size of 300 attempts i am at 23%) and what i posted earlier for 8 energy missions. 25% means 80 missions which is 640 xp and energy and costs 533 crystals at 100 cost refreshes.

If you buy the 273 items you almost get 2. At 23% (which im not claiming the drop rate to be) it costs 580 crystals which is almist enough for 2 300 items.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I've been saving crystals to buy stun cuffs. It may not be the most efficient, but it preserves my sanity and also saves everyone else the trouble of having to read my complaining in guild chat.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
If you really hate your life you can farm Sun Fac or Rex from shipments.

Also everything I've read says purple drop rates are 25%. Character shards are 33%.

Buy every Mk 3 Holo Projector, you need a ton of them.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I dont care what they say i kept a detailed spreadsheet for farming purples and 3 out of the 5 items i farmed were sub 20% drop rate at more than 1500 energy in each sample. Lowest was 15%

"Real rng" in video games is the worst. Thats why i save up my arena winnings and buy whatever dumb gear i need and why i will not be spending any real money on this poo poo.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

Also everything I've read says purple drop rates are 25%. Character shards are 33%.

I've read 20%.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Davethulhu posted:

I am doing this with zam wessile and can confirm that you will hate your life, possibly less so if you actually farm someone useful unlike me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Round 2 against the tank seems to be going a little better than the first. I hope this trend continues. I'm still surprised to find myself consistently maintaining my spot in the top 3(although I suppose people farming the likes of Zam Wessile((I salute you)) probably has something to do with it).

I've started farming Chief Chirpa for phase 3(4?), I'm still working on that droid team, and I'm a long way off from finishing/unlocking IGD and Aalya. Ships will probably be out before I get all these characters ready.

Maybe they'll let us blow it up from the sky so everyone can get General Obi. Then we can move on to more important things; like trying to pull Death Stars from Aurodium packs.