Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Enourmo posted:

look at all these dudes desperate to get a little hot Rhyno Sauce in their mouths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

you don't wanna know what happens if you ask for mild

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Enourmo posted:

look at all these dudes desperate to get a little Rhyno Sauce in their mouths

Or on their eggs

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Enourmo posted:

look at all these dudes desperate to get a little Rhyno Sauce in their mouths

It's like prom night all over again.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

And on that bombshell

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So, a buddy of mine has been looking to get a small truck for stuff.
I came across this today: 1997, 278,000 miles on the clock, and $999 cash.

I convinced him to come up and give it a test drive. I'm thinking it's worth offering around $750 for it. (Obviously those blackout lights have to go)
Any kind of issues with these trucks I should tell him about, anything besides the usual wear and tear to expect?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rhyno posted:

It's like prom night all over again.

You being in a lonely place surrounded by nerds?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

iwentdoodie posted:

That's every night.

Hansolio
Nov 4, 2009

I W A N T M Y M T V

Rhyno posted:

I can ship single bottles USPS First class, I'm currently sorting out a place to make the sauce so I don't break any FDA laws and zeroing in on my retail price per bottle. Hoping to have this all nailed down by December.

The local high school/adult ed technical school here has a commercial kitchen you can rent hourly to prepare things like this, maybe there's something like that in your area?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hansolio posted:

The local high school/adult ed technical school here has a commercial kitchen you can rent hourly to prepare things like this, maybe there's something like that in your area?

I have a few options I'm exploring. A friend has family that owns a local bar that is closed on sundays and I may be able to use that kitchen for no charge, still waiting to hear back. Also looking into a quick-fill bottler that would make the packaging much swifter.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

My only suggestion is don't bother with the plastic dropper top. The sauce is thick enough it's easy to control just pouring it from the bottle. The top just gets in the way.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Previa_fun posted:

My only suggestion is don't bother with the plastic dropper top. The sauce is thick enough it's easy to control just pouring it from the bottle. The top just gets in the way.

I only used them because the bottle supplier suggested they form a better seal with the dabber in place. I'll put a few together without them and stand them on the cap and see if they leak at all.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I live in the land of Frank's Ret Hot. :smith:

Why is it, no matter how much I plan ahead, I inevitably make at least two return trips to the hardware store?

Every project, every loving time.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

ExplodingSims posted:

So, a buddy of mine has been looking to get a small truck for stuff.
I came across this today: 1997, 278,000 miles on the clock, and $999 cash.

I convinced him to come up and give it a test drive. I'm thinking it's worth offering around $750 for it. (Obviously those blackout lights have to go)
Any kind of issues with these trucks I should tell him about, anything besides the usual wear and tear to expect?

What engine is in it?

The 2.3 4 banger is painfully slow, but runs forever. It has a timing belt, but it's non-interference, so it's just a hassle if the belt lets go. I've seen those cockroaches still putting along with 400k+. I suspect it has the 4 cylinder, since it's a base model work truck (and I don't see a V6 badge).

The other 2 options for a 97 are the 3.0 Vulcan V6 and 4.0 Cologne V6. The 3.0 is pretty gutless for a V6. The 4.0 is a solid engine when it's an OHV engine. Ford half-assed the SOHC redesign of the 4.0 and turned it into a ticking time bomb, but a 97 would have the OHV variant. I don't believe the Ranger got the SOHC 4.0 until 2000 (Explorer in 98, I think).

Aside from the 4.0 SOHC offered in 00+ models, those trucks are pretty solid.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I had a '96 2.3 manual ranger for a work truck way back when and it wasn't painfully slow, BUT it had the bitty like 13" steel wheels with small tires.

Later had a 2.3 00'ish ranger with the bigger wheel package and it was a dog.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Fermented Tinal posted:

Why is it, no matter how much I plan ahead, I inevitably make at least two return trips to the hardware store?

I think this is any type of project, ever, for anyone in existence. The guys at advance auto know me well.

And there ain't nothing wrong with franks. The land of franks is buffalo ny so hello neighbor!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fermented Tinal posted:

There's a place locally that uses tobasco as their hot wing sauce.

loving criminal.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I love Tabasco, but it has it's place and it's not on wings.

Gotta have Tabasco for pizza, I don't know what it is but it's perfect in that application.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Whoah, hotsauce chat! I was just coming in to post a photo cuz I made smoked verde hot sauce today, charred over some freshly-split redwood. Usually I make liquid napalm habanero sauce but the smell of the wood inspired me to do a milder green version. It's loving bomb as hell.

Rhyno, I'd be interested to hear how your production stage comes out - I don't make my sauce all that often but it flies off the rhetorical shelves as fast as I can give it away when I do, and I've always tossed around the idea of selling it. California has a home canned-food act we passed fairly recently that allows small-batch stuff of a certain kind to be sold, assuming you pass a simple culinary canning class and gross less than $50k/year or something like that. I've been lazy and putting it off but we've got good farmer's markets around me and it could be fun. I've wondered about how the bottling would be done.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

iwentdoodie posted:

Awesome floor sex doesn't just happen every day, man

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The last time I made a large batch for other people I pretty much said "bring a bottle and I'll fill it." and I ran through 5 gallons in no time. I'm looking into sourcing ingredients in much larger quantities to cut costs a bit but the real expense is the bottles. I use 5oz woozy bottles and unless you're buying a thousand at a time the cost is pretty fixed. I also need to buy either an industrial size blender or a heavy duty wand mixer so I can do larger batches.

I had a bottling system picked out but for some reason the amazon page has vanished so I'll have to find another option. I also intend to do heat shrink seals and if the budget allows, labels.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Are there any AI goons on Vancouver island?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

hey

psst

white russians re--confirmed for good beverage

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Sitting in a train because my stupid BMW blew up again. Should've just bought the King Cab.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Hey rhyno if your got sauce idea pans out if be up for buying a bottle providing shipping to the uk isn't too silly

Enourmo posted:

hey

psst

white russians re--confirmed for good beverage

:agreed:

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Seminal Flu posted:

Just one set of binders will sell for that on ebay. The rest? Your use and/or profit. Well done.

InitialDave posted:

Nice. How much does that lot weigh, though?

It's 103 binders, about 6 pounds each avg plus two large boxes totaling about 100 pounds of thinner manuals. Also about 60 pounds of genuine Merc speciality tools for 15 bucks... :getin:

CharlesM posted:

Got any W202 manuals in English? lol.

Sadly, it's all in swedish and german I believe. Lots of doubles, one in each language tho!

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Rhyno posted:

The last time I made a large batch for other people I pretty much said "bring a bottle and I'll fill it." and I ran through 5 gallons in no time. I'm looking into sourcing ingredients in much larger quantities to cut costs a bit but the real expense is the bottles. I use 5oz woozy bottles and unless you're buying a thousand at a time the cost is pretty fixed. I also need to buy either an industrial size blender or a heavy duty wand mixer so I can do larger batches.

I had a bottling system picked out but for some reason the amazon page has vanished so I'll have to find another option. I also intend to do heat shrink seals and if the budget allows, labels.

Not sure if this helps or not, but the two places I've used for homebrew ingredient storage are http://www.specialtybottle.com/ and http://www.usplastic.com/

And a (new) cement mixing beater and a drill will solve the mixing issue!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Best game series ever.

And goddamn, the early games are a bitch to play. Punishing arcade-like difficulty.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

blk posted:

Are there any AI goons on Vancouver island?

If there aren't, come hang out in AB:AI. Secretly we all wish we lived there.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

More than 250,000 people voted early in Minnesota. Looks like we're going to top the voter turnout charts yet again!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Amazing, the things you can get for 100 bucks at bankruptcy auctions.

Waddup, ladies? :dukedog:
It's unlikely but anything BMW in there?

SCA Enthusiast posted:

More than 250,000 people voted early in Minnesota. Looks like we're going to top the voter turnout charts yet again!
I went to vote early this morning, felt stupid when I realized I missed early voting. Guess I'll be standing in line with everyone else tomorrow after work.

This still the place for dogs? These two were being more cute than normal this morning probably because they knew they weren't supposed to be on the bed

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Aww man, that catte don't take no guff from nobody.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alarbus posted:

And a (new) cement mixing beater and a drill will solve the mixing issue!

Don't think I didn't think about that! But the food grade guidelines say I need to use a dedicated kitchen mixer.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Today the Utah Department of Public Safety/Bureau of Criminal Investigation emailed me back after I got my Concealed Firearms Permit on Friday to find the face and photo of someone else on my ID to say they already caught the error and that a new card was in process to get manufactured and sent out. Should take about a week which is great news!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Today the Utah Department of Public Safety/Bureau of Criminal Investigation emailed me back after I got my Concealed Firearms Permit on Friday to find the face and photo of someone else on my ID to say they already caught the error and that a new card was in process to get manufactured and sent out. Should take about a week which is great news!

Apparently the other guy was just as :wtf: about it as you then!

Rhyno, I might need to get in on this sauce thing. I keep forgetting.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

kastein posted:

Apparently the other guy was just as :wtf: about it as you then!

My only consolation Friday night was that someone else opened an envelope only to exclaim "Who is this butthole?". Congrats on your nuptials. Marriage is neat.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
haha, thanks :D

It's gonna be weird missing thanksgiving with my folks this year... I have gone the same place for thanksgiving 30 years in a row now (AMC Pinkham Notch Lodge in NH.) 70 degrees and sunny in California for thanksgiving with the wife's family just seems wrong. Should be fun though.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

kastein posted:

haha, thanks :D

It's gonna be weird missing thanksgiving with my folks this year... I have gone the same place for thanksgiving 30 years in a row now (AMC Pinkham Notch Lodge in NH.) 70 degrees and sunny in California for thanksgiving with the wife's family just seems wrong. Should be fun though.

On the bright side, you won't have to debunk Chemtrails with anyone this year. Congrats, duder.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

NitroSpazzz posted:

I went to vote early this morning, felt stupid when I realized I missed early voting. Guess I'll be standing in line with everyone else tomorrow after work.

I don't work on Tuesdays so I didn't even try to vote early. My plan for tomorrow is to go vote then brew some beer to usher in the election apocalypse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Safety Dance posted:

On the bright side, you won't have to debunk Chemtrails with anyone this year. Congrats, duder.

Yes I will. One of her uncles and apparently an aunt are the same way. I think I'll go with "smile and change the subject" though.

I think there are crazy people in every family. They were just usually mocked and told to shut up until the internet got invented, now they have dozens or hundreds of their own forums to be reinforced by.

• Locked thread