Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

fishmech posted:

that guy is literally insane and is just typing words

you'd have to be insane to be that dedicated to using an android

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

EdEddnEddy posted:

Lol, when you have the ability, it isn't too difficult to improve on OEM phone OS'es since unlike say iOS or Windows Phone, each one for Android is custom BS that seems immensely lacking once you have use a good custom Rom (Pure Nexus really is slim on actual changes, but some of the few settings he does add is great little QoL stuff. You don't really need a custom kernel to enjoy the device, but I do personally like to tinker within it a tad. Nexus/Pixel is pretty dang close to optimal Google empty and polished vs something from Samsung/LG (HTC has gotten pretty slim on their theming in recent years however. A HTC10 is a great phone as well with a fantastic camera and headphone AMP)

Though like mentioned above, you should still get a good 4hrs SoT unless you are playing games all the time and just ripping through battery. Check into the battery setting and possibly, maybe download the BetterBatteryStats that might give you a better look at what might be eating your battery so much. Even stock with Facebook and (in my case) 300ish apps, you should only loose about 3-4% an hr standby and still get 4hrs SoT. I have gotten it up to 5~ but the screen is a bit of a battery pig I can't get past without a really dark theme.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

my sick modded phone almost lasts an entire day if I don't touch it

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

is this man overclocking his phone

he is attempting to do so, but the software he's using refuses to allow him to do so, for sensible reasons.

he is angry about these thermal and software limits.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

is this man overclocking his phone

it's only the single reason the note7 explodes but hey don't let that stop ya

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

my phone is broken in multiple ways but I don't want to send it back and get a refurb of questionable quality

one that was touched by a brown or poor person

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
he's managed to lock all six CPUs to be on at once (2 big cores and 4 little cores) and the thing is probably a hand warmer and sucks battery dry but it is fast when it works right (it never does).

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
nexus 6p 1.5 days usual charge. plug in @ work in the afternoon of second day. hth

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

300ish apps

:pwn:

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Smythe posted:

nexus 6p 1.5 days usual charge. plug in @ work in the afternoon of second day. hth

it did :wave:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Progressive JPEG posted:

one that was touched by a brown or poor person

my phone was assembled by poor aryans. it really makes a difference imo

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

you're just jealous of this Power User whjo can use his phone to the absolute maximum 4/7/365

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

did anyone say boogle yet

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

quote:

Thanks for stopping by.

Google Showtimes was discontinued on November 1, 2016. You can now discover showtimes on the search results page by searching for the name of the movie you want to see or try searching for the word “movies” to discover what’s in theaters.

Sincerely,

The Google Showtimes team

darn it, :google:!!

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

on the plus side googling speed test just runs one so

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

LastInLine posted:

oh cool!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

LastInLine posted:

they also completely subducted all whatismyip searches of yesteryear by returning that result, also.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Smythe posted:

they also completely subducted all whatismyip searches of yesteryear by returning that result, also.
i like using ifconfig.co

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

i didn't even know that was a thing and was just googling "movies"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
i used that occasionally because all the non-cineplex theaters near me have awful websites

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

movietickets.com isn't bad

remember when you could drive past the theatre and look at the marquee to see what was playing

what is this garbage

great you have popcorn, a website and a mobile app, got any fuckin movies there champ?

it's me i'm angry at a plastic sign

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

the only theater i regularly drive past only has one theater and the marquee always says what it's showing

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

do they even send marquee signage out anymore? every theatre near me has electronic signage or none at all except the indie theatres which have the throwback letterboard and primarily uses posters to say what they're showing

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
when i go to a movie i've usually decided before leaving the house, and i've literally never decided what movie to watch while driving past the sign at the theater

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Cocoa Crispies posted:

when i go to a movie i've usually decided before leaving the house, and i've literally never decided what movie to watch while driving past the sign at the theater

congrats. i've picked movies with friends at the box office

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Movies are for plebeians. Enjoy your bargain basement superhero fare and "candy" "snacks"with the rest of the filthy, insipid hoi polloi. Feh.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

candy is delicious.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

candy is delicious.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin at the opera feels!!!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the last movie i saw in theatres was the dark knight

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

graph posted:

same, but doctor strange

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

graph posted:

did you get shot?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Smythe posted:

Nothing tastes as good as being thin at the opera feels!!!

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

fart simpson posted:

same, but doctor strange

same but doctor strangelove

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

LastInLine posted:

same but doctor strangelove

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ppl in the past must have been fkin stupid or something *vapes mysterious chemicals manufactured in completely unregulated chinese factory reminiscent of the factory zone from sonic the hedghog but with human trafficking instead of golden rings*

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Smythe posted:

ppl in the past must have been fkin stupid or something *vapes mysterious chemicals manufactured in completely unregulated chinese factory reminiscent of the factory zone from sonic the hedghog but with human trafficking instead of golden rings*

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Smythe posted:

holy poo poo you can vape soylent now

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

anthonypants posted:

holy poo poo you can vape soylent now

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
did sonic have a Heavy Metal Poisoning Zone?

• Locked thread