Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Gravy Jones posted:

I have the feeling we'll be seeing less tears and meltdowns than we'd like. So many of these people are living in a constucted reality and their just build a new one where even though they technically lost, they actually won because Trump took on the establishement and got 40%+ of the vote, and has created a movement. It's all going to be about the movement and Trump's campaign is the proof-of-concept. I'm mean, yeah there'll be bitching and moaning and accusations of it being rigged, but people like Scott Adams and Bill Mitchell (and Trump himself for that matter) can never lose, their worldview won't allow it, so they just move the goalposts and call it a win.

The problem they have is that Trump isn't going to run again and there isn't anyone to replace him in four years time (certainly no one with the name recognition and cult-of-personality thing going on that Trump has) so they're pretty much hosed. What I expect will happen is they'll end up with a GOP establishement candidate who courts the alt-right without going balls-deep, but just doesn't have the Trump factor. I guess the GOP's worst nightmare is an independent Trump-Lite candidate who cannibalises their base.

I have no idea what I'm talking about though so whatever.

you're probably right to some extent. we won't see as many tears, but we will see meltdowns

man i have been snyping like the end lately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ok just knockin this out quickly, karl sharks here are the uncolored images but i just exported them at p bigly size, idk in case thats useful in the immediate term???

original

holding "same" banner

gonna work on dog then ill try to get some color in those

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
jay z-kun is too lewd

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Gravy Jones posted:

The problem they have is that Trump isn't going to run again and there isn't anyone to replace him in four years time (certainly no one with the name recognition and cult-of-personality thing going on that Trump has) so they're pretty much hosed. What I expect will happen is they'll end up with a GOP establishement candidate who courts the alt-right without going balls-deep, but just doesn't have the Trump factor. I guess the GOP's worst nightmare is an independent Trump-Lite candidate who cannibalises their base.

They'll probably run Cotton next cycle with Rubio on the ticket. Either that or Cotton with Walker. Comedy option: Kasich with Cotton.

Remember Tom Cotton's speech at the RNC. The guy is a dingleberry but he did what he was supposed to do there, which is get visibility and hope that no one remembers that he's a goddamned veteran and he advocated we get into a goddamned land war in Iran during the 2014 midterms.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Finally lol

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

That DICK! posted:

I've always found Ana Navaro to be a bit much so I can't wait for her to go away also

She's just very passionate about Jeb! I can relate!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

what a weird guy

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

:jerkbag: Nobody cares how sad you were to vote for Clinton, Ana.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Can you co-opt Trump's economic populism without the racism? Nope.
https://twitter.com/dandrezner/status/795675523259256835

exquisite tea posted:

itt journalists wonder if there's anything they can do, as journalists, to prevent a narcissistic television and media personality from rising to power.
Welcome to the history of all collective action problems

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

publishko posted:

Scott Adams tomorrow: "I never expected Trump to win. Anyone who thinks I did didn't understand what I said."

"Nice hallucination."

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx
Nature of the oppo revealed.

https://twitter.com/therickwilson/status/795694774896525312

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

requesting a "rope, tree, journalist" gang tag for joementum

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Lol

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx
I do sympathize with Rick cause I thought the MoJo article on Trump being compromised would get at least some attention.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Evil Fluffy posted:

I hold out hope that NC will be hit with preclearance and everything else, in addition to having their district map shot down even if the court doesn't strike Gerrymandering as a whole.

the districts already were thrown out, twice

but not in time for this election

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Broshevik posted:

jay z-kun is too lewd

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

new mental image: i want to see donald trump in a spelling bee loudly arguing with the moderator that these arent real words.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
We're gonna get at least one meltdown tomorrow :allears:
https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/795672474922971136

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

Trump bad
Pence bad
Christie bad
Giuliani bad
Everything bad

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

"compromat" ?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cardboard Box A posted:

Welcome to the history of all collective action problems

I'm just so sick of all the pundits and politicos this cycle who wanted to spew endlessly about Trump's "fascinating" campaign. There's nothing fascinating about it, the world has had its share of power hungry racist demagogues, we'll have them many times again, stop being in awe of his entire horrible candidacy and report on him being the stupid fuckhead that he is.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

he's gonna play it by ear

the worst kind of trump

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

i just realized, how many people do u think are gonna blame trumps loss on his campaign managers trying to keep him "pc" and because "they took away his twitter"

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

euphronius posted:

50-50 senate will be poo poo show

And the house will impeach her in February

50-50 Senate just means Tim spends most of his time there, at least until after Clintons hundreds(?) of nominees fill all the vacancies the GOP has built up, starting with the SCOTUS.

LOL@ the House waiting until Feburary to impeach. It'll probably be talked about in their SOTU reply. :gop:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

MaxxBot posted:

'Cuck' yeah!

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
There's no way that Trump gets through a concession speech (or whatever you can call the speech after Hillary has won) that doesn't include the word "rigged" so it will definitely be combative.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No we need to respect and understand the economic anxiety of his followers

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I don't care if it's combative or conciliatory I don't care if he technically concedes or doesn't I just want trump to say the words "biggest waste of time and money of my entire life" tomorrow

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i want trump to literally cry while on stage

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Gravy Jones posted:

I have the feeling we'll be seeing less tears and meltdowns than we'd like. So many of these people are living in a constucted reality and their just build a new one where even though they technically lost, they actually won because Trump took on the establishement and got 40%+ of the vote, and has created a movement. It's all going to be about the movement and Trump's campaign is the proof-of-concept. I'm mean, yeah there'll be bitching and moaning and accusations of it being rigged, but people like Scott Adams and Bill Mitchell (and Trump himself for that matter) can never lose, their worldview won't allow it, so they just move the goalposts and call it a win.

Well, it all depends on how you define "meltdown". While I'm sure that the vast majority of Trump campaign people and spokespeople probably will not collapse publicly, I look forward to real tears from the people at his "victory party", as well as recriminations and finger-pointing the next day.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

brocretin posted:

he's gonna play it by ear

the worst kind of trump

People said they wanted one more no-prompter speech for the road.

Well.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

one final glorious off prompter speech please

strike down those teleprompters, trump, throw them into the crowd.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
A very Joementum article:
https://twitter.com/noonanjo/status/795671580189872128
One of the original sins that has helped create the Trump campaign is the fantasy held by some conservatives that 2008 and 2012 should have been easy races for Republicans to win. It’s not difficult to understand where this view comes from: These people can’t fathom the appeal of a Barack Obama and assume the world thinks like they do. On one level, it’s typical tribalism, like an Auburn fan who can’t imagine rooting for Alabama. But on a deeper level it reflects the willful denial of reality that has helped Donald Trump and Breitbart take over the Republican Party.

If you believe that 2008 and 2012 were actually easy races to win, it leads you to a series of conclusions now manifest in the disaster that is the Trump campaign. A race would be easy to win if only a candidate savaged an opponent, if only a candidate screamed at the media, if only a candidate really appealed to white voters and called non-white voters, well, “rapists” for example. It’s like believing the Earth is flat. Once you live in that reality, it’s only logical not to send ships over the edge.

It wasn’t really a coalition of angry working-class voters that led Trump’s flat-earth crusade. It was a coalition of angry rich media figures who know, even if they are wrong, there is a lot of money to be made denying reality. It’s Laura Ingraham, Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Steve Bannon, Rush Limbaugh, and the usual carnival barkers, most of whom are too smart to believe their own nonsense. But they have made fortunes peddling bile and prejudice and the market continues to be good.

Donald Trump is the perfect candidate for those who have argued it should be easy for a Republican to win the White House. He’s spent over a year screaming at the president and Hillary Clinton, calling our largest neighbors “rapists” and stirring up religious bigotry. In a country founded on religious freedom, he’s called for a religious test to enter the United States.

In the flat-earth world, Trump should be headed to a landslide. He’s running against a Democratic opponent who faced a fierce primary, historically one of the keys to winning the White House. Rarely does the White House remain in the same party for three terms. Hillary Clinton is hardly a fresh face and started the general election with high negatives. This should be a cake walk for the angry candidate building an army of missing white voters. How’s it working?

By running a campaign appealing to white voters, Trump is doing less well with white voters than Mitt Romney (I was the chief strategist for that campaign). Trump’s on track to lose white college-educated voters, something no Republican has done since the FDR era. Even Barry Goldwater won white college-educated voters. Romney won white women by 14 points. Trump will probably lose white women.

Two data points should be enough to guide the Republican party forward: In 1980, Ronald Reagan won a sweeping landslide of 44 states with 56 percent of the white vote. In 2012, Romney won 24 states with 59 percent of the white vote. And a higher percentage of whites voted in 2012 than 1980.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Evil Fluffy posted:

50-50 Senate just means Tim spends most of his time there, at least until after Clintons hundreds(?) of nominees fill all the vacancies the GOP has built up, starting with the SCOTUS.

LOL@ the House waiting until Feburary to impeach. It'll probably be talked about in their SOTU reply. :gop:

p much

the next four years are gonna be a clusterfuck

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

eonwe posted:

Literally shaking

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
i wonder if trump will call clinton a bitch or oval office during his "concession" speech

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

eonwe posted:

I want a Santorum-style* concession with all of his kids sobbing.

*the guy not the substance, though that's fine too

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Alter Ego posted:

Nothing short of an earthquake under the Capitol will dislodge Senator Turtleface.

My point was that framing the national debt vote as "debt = bad" was a lot easier than trying to sell "8 judges on the Court is good! Really!". I don't doubt that the true believers will buy it, but everyone will know the real reason they're blocking it, no matter what side of the argument they fall on--they don't want Hillary to appoint Scalia's replacement, end of story. Their arguments will do an increasingly piss-poor job of disguising that too, and the Very Serious People in the media will want to look like they're being tough and hard-hitting.

Republican leaders will be faced with a choice--give Hillary what she wants and take away a huge Democratic weapon for 2018, or continue to obstruct and piss away what should be a wave election.

If they don't obstruct, then their base will eat them alive. Simple as that.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

euphronius posted:

No we need to respect and understand the economic anxiety of his followers
https://twitter.com/AmandaMarcotte/status/795671801934254080

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
And even if he prepares some sort of concession speech, it's still Trump and he'll go off script with whatever is on his mind at the moment (anger, minority complex etc.).

• Locked thread