Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.
ARAM is really strange. It seems like a lot of champs have very low impact. Eve might as well not even be on the map as it neutralizes her kit almost completely. Where as on Nidalee I dominated.

But it probably is the way to go from 1 to 30. sprinkle in some normal games to understand last hitting and map objectives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
uh duh poke champs are good in aram.

Also Zilean is hidden op and always fun to play.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Gripen5 posted:

ARAM is really strange. It seems like a lot of champs have very low impact. Eve might as well not even be on the map as it neutralizes her kit almost completely. Where as on Nidalee I dominated.

But it probably is the way to go from 1 to 30. sprinkle in some normal games to understand last hitting and map objectives.

Eve can still be useful to a degree with her Q poke and frost queens gold generation, but she and many other squishy all-in heroes do very poorly in aram; if you see a riven go straight for damage its safe to assume she's going to contribute nothing.

Even with that, its still a great mode for beginners, because it's a crash course in positioning, juking skills, and CSing under pressure (from both enemies and your own allies).

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

gangnam reference posted:

gently caress You Tahm Bout isnt even on the tahm kench list lmao poo poo fuckin playlist...

add it then! you just have to name a champion and list a youtube song and the dude running the site will add it

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlBe_igOlO0

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

No Yorick songs, what is this poo poo

Orv
May 4, 2011

Prokhor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCadcBR95oU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
not exactly league related, but i figure his biggest fans are itt and its glorious so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WetT5WhazmM

also

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

How Rude posted:

add it then! you just have to name a champion and list a youtube song and the dude running the site will add it

Yeah, it's really hard to make 133 separate playlists by yourself. The main intention of the site right now probably is to start building those playlists.

If the creator of the site manually adds songs and checks them before listening he probably has a shitload of songs waiting for him. If Reddit picked up on this he'll be backlogged until the end of 2017 :v:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Prokhor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLXEj4UowF8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgSLz5FeXUg

Just submit every misfits song for every shadow isles champ

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Tired Moritz posted:

uh duh poke champs are good in aram.

Also Zilean is hidden op and always fun to play.

Tanks are surprisingly good on ARAM, but most players don't know how to survive a miserable early game against a poke comp. Also, screw all the champs that force you to buy an Oracle's Extract.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you need to buy a relic shield on aram as a tank / especially when the other team has better poke, so that you can clear the wave much faster and safer. most people dont understand this because ???

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Because that slows them down from finishing their full damage build

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.
Plus that is a dirty support item.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Most of the ARAM pubstars I've seen have had 0 understanding of relic shield, and will merrily burn half their mana pool nuking a wave even if you're a Nasus with 3 relic charges (who gets triple stacks off Q in ARAM).

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
In case anyone else has been playing full AP Maokai mid with protobelt first item, I just exhaustively did the math and Lich Bane is definitely a better item than Luden's for all-inning although obviously weaker for poke. But I think you should build Rabadon's second and Lich Bane further down the line.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I just lost 8 game ranked games in a row (due to a lovely combination of playing poorly, smurfs, and bad luck). AMA

Even though I lost, this Nasus build is fun af

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2338823220/38198234

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
you lost bcause you didnt get banner of command

gotta kommit to the split dream

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
gay dance club taric is now a-go on leaguemood

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Favorite duo of the day is zilean volibear.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ARAM is a great mode to learn how to fight against Viegar and Illaoi. It also can train you to fight katarina, sona, morgana, anivia , and velkoz.

It also gives you a bloodthirst so that if you do see one in a regular match you gun for them with the fury of a thousand suns now that you can get behind them or attack from the sides.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Pretty much. ARAM is the best newbie tutorial Riot's added to the game

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
ARAM is also probably the most fun mode. It's nice that you can get away with ridiculous builds there too.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

ToxicSlurpee posted:

ARAM Hexakill is also probably the most fun mode.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJodzINBya0

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Yeah apparently you can color swap the skin at will, it looks. loving. sweet.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Sexpansion posted:

Yeah apparently you can color swap the skin at will, it looks. loving. sweet.

I hope you can actually own swap outfits when ulting and people will burn ult just to switch elements.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
👌🏻

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Kashuno posted:

I hope you can actually own swap outfits when ulting and people will burn ult just to switch elements.

What are the odds that switching skin mid ult will make the damage proc twice?

Primetime fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 7, 2016

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Primetime posted:

What are the odds that switch skin mid ult will make the damage proc twice?

Less than the chance that one of the skins will somehow do less damage with their ult, but only if they're playing blue side.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcM7FVyR0-E

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

this is the skin that i've actually always wanted

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Time to figure out how to make support Lux playable, I guess.

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

you could also play her mid the way God intended you to do

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Support lux is a lot of fun but basically offers nothing over more meta picks. It is great to get thunderlords and all your frost queen's cash off a single e into auto tho.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Hope We Win Lane Super Hard: the Support Lux Story

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
I played with support Shaco today. I'm pretty sure he was more effective than support Lux would've been.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
bah gawd im gonna be spending money on league of legends again aren't i

inb4 riot introduces new 5k rp price tier that only this skin occupies

stump collector
May 28, 2007
shes still a great midlaner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012