Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
the reveal of the twist in the dlc is so simple but so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordbo
Mar 5, 2013

the dlc has the most horrible character in all of dark souls

and it's me. i'm awful. i've made father ariandel cry. why did he have to peek? :(

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

drat Prince Lothric might be my favorite boss so far. Prince Lothric, Dancer and Pontiff are my top 3 so far.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the other day i played DS1 at a party, and absolutely destroyed the first part of the game up to capra

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I beat the DLC boss earlier today. It's cool that the boss wasn't weak in the way I was expecting, but still kind of disappointing IMO.

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Prince Lothric ftw

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
if i ever here "this spot marks our graves.... you can rest here, too, if you like" again i will lose my poo poo

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

the other day i played DS1 at a party, and absolutely destroyed the first part of the game up to capra

You get any digits

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just got destroyed by a guy wearing the Eastern Set with a katana named Oda Nobundga. Fashion gaming ftw.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I just got destroyed by a guy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tumor looking batty posted:

drat Prince Lothric might be my favorite boss so far. Prince Lothric, Dancer and Pontiff are my top 3 so far.

playing through the game again for the DLC i wish every boss had double HP lol

i guess that could be fixed with a strict +3 weapon run

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Epic

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Went through the artorias dlc for the first time and beat manus, now I feel incredibly powerful and ready to take on all the other bosses

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Control Volume posted:

Went through the artorias dlc for the first time and beat manus, now I feel incredibly powerful and ready to take on all the other bosses

Artorias is still one of the hardest bosses in the series

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

doing artorias in a no shield run was really awesome

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I had a lot more trouble with manus than artorias, but yeah artorias was tough as gently caress. One of my favorite souls boss fights now, even including bloodborne bosses

Soral
May 30, 2009

artorias is one of the greatest boss fights in video game history

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i liked manus more but artorias is epic as well.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The third strongest feels moment in souls is when you beat manus with the secret summon before Sif and he sniffs you before
the fight

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I beat Artorias my first try.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Artorias gave me so much trouble but now I have mastered him completely. Kalameet still fucks me up sometimes and I have a brain problem where I can't work out what the hell Manus is doing at any given time and he knocks me about like a drat fool

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Benny D posted:

The third strongest feels moment in souls is when you beat manus with the secret summon before Sif and he sniffs you before
the fight

He backed up and refused to attack me first after that cutscene :(

Jordbo
Mar 5, 2013

:( at least they were together until the end

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

rediscover posted:

I beat Artorias my first try.

Watch out we got a badass over here!!!!!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover watched me stream ds3 and all he'd talk about was how everything i was doing was easy and he beat it all his first try high on benzos

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

orphan is my favorite boss of all time and knight artorias is second

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tumor looking batty posted:

orphan is my favorite boss of all time and knight artorias is second

orphan was really sick..i wasn't expecting the blanket of lightning strikes

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Strongest feels
1. Having Gwynn built up so much throughout the course of the game and then discovering he's just a shriveled man standing around the remnants of a fire
2. Finding the giant blacksmith/turning in the coal to Andre
3. Sif refusing to attack you

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bobnumerotres posted:

rediscover watched me stream ds3 and all he'd talk about was how everything i was doing was easy and he beat it all his first try high on benzos

that didn't happen

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think ludwig is probably my favorite boss. artorias is definitely up there, maybe even 2. defiled amy is the biggest surge of adrenaline i've ever felt beating a souls boss.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
abyss watchers are sort of easy, but the way that fight flows, and the feeling of being in the middle of an endless melee battle is very awesome. princes are still my favorite boss in 3, though. champ is so much goddamn fun. i really don't dislike any bosses in 3.

what the hell, i might as well do them all

for 2 the pursuer is pretty cool and he might be the best early boss in the series, and smelter is fun even if his design is stupid. i also really like freya, although overall i think the lord souls are sort of lame. flume knight is great, looking glass knight is great, chariot is one of the best gimmick bosses. sinh is one of my favorite dragon fights. tbh i don't really like any of the ivory king bosses. sorry.

1 is nearly all hits, except bed, and i guess the fact that you fight three stray demons (although they're all different enough to be fun). standouts for me are gargs, artorias, nito, gwyn, and sif. other battles are really cool the first time, like seathe and gaping dragon, although they're not super challenging on replays.

demon's is probably the most hit or miss, but penetrator, false king allant, and flamelurker are my favorites. dirty colossus is a really cool gimmick fight and so is stormking, and maiden astrea is a cool story fight. old monk is awesome when it works.

i love every BB boss, even the pain in the rear end ones like defiled watchdog.

sector_corrector fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 7, 2016

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i think ludwig is probably my favorite boss. artorias is definitely up there, maybe even 2. defiled amy is the biggest surge of adrenaline i've ever felt beating a souls boss.

The biggest difference for me between ds3 and bloodborne was that while I wanted to beat ds3, I absolutely wanted to MASTER bloodborne

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

these games desperately need boss rushes lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

letting artorias kill you on his last inch of health just to run him over and over feels

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just keep thinking of great souls bosses and minibosses, like the bloody crow, and the first time you fight a black knight, and the three angels on top of the grand archives...

edit: oh gently caress, the wolves in ithryll!

sector_corrector fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 7, 2016

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I'd even bee fine with a respawn sign for bosses. Totally want to fight the abyss watchers again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i just keep thinking of great souls bosses and minibosses, like the bloody crow, and the first time you fight a black knight, and the three angels on top of the grand archives...

edit: oh gently caress, the wolves in ithryll!

Phalanx is awesome in demons because of how gross looking it is as an intro to the series and the aesthetic of the game

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the bonfire ascetic mechanic from DS2 would be really great in 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Phalanx is awesome in demons because of how gross looking it is as an intro to the series and the aesthetic of the game

phalanx is pretty cool, i sort of forgot about them lol

• Locked thread