Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I don't think the cone guy is a dev but I was also under the impression winston's gun can strike multiple targets at once which kind of precludes a lock on component

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it locks on and can hit multiple targets at once

you can hit the entire enemy team simultaneously as winston if they're close enough together

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

meme thread is way ahead of you guys, Sombra is on PTR

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

ooh serious battle angel alita vibes from those legendary skins

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

ooh serious battle angel alita vibes from those legendary skins

are you really gonna say this and not provide links

e: http://www.polygon.com/2016/11/4/13529596/overwatch-sombra-concept-art-legendary-skins

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

are you really gonna say this and not provide links

there's links in the chill thread

I'm not a fan personally

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Manatee Cannon posted:

there's links in the chill thread

I'm not a fan personally

I like the garish colors on the Los Muertos skin.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I like the garish colors on the Los Muertos skin.

this is a person who enjoys the finer things in life

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hot take: Sombra will end up getting buffed after leaving the PTR

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Sombra's gun is apparently complete garbage due to the spread and low damage, making the concerns of Sombra suddenly just eliminating you from cloak irrelevant

quote:

KarasuTengu#1295 - Today at 3:01 PM
ok
her gun is loving poo poo
goddamn

KarasuTengu#1295 - Today at 3:02 PM
hollywood point A, i have to dump 45 rounds into mccree to kill

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Okay yeah Sombra can be hit by Winston during Stealth.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Zikan posted:

Sombra's gun is apparently complete garbage due to the spread and low damage, making the concerns of Sombra suddenly just eliminating you from cloak irrelevant

Alternatively, I watched Moonmoon come out of cloak and hack and blast away a Bastion in no time.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
My PTR queue got down to 2000 players ahead of me and then jumped back up to 10000. :/

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it kept timing out on me so I gave up. it'll still be going a few days from now when people aren't rabid over the new character

I'd really like to try sombra tho because I wanna see how good her gun is. it'll go a long way towards determining how good she is since her kit is so flexible

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Papercut posted:

My PTR queue got down to 2000 players ahead of me and then jumped back up to 10000. :/

:smith:

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

They just letting them in 6 at a time? Winning team gets to stay.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I didn't have time for a real match on the PTR so I just did a cursory check. Sombra's gunfeel is REALLY drat nice. Feels like Tracer's fire rate with Soldier's accuracy, although it's probably not quite as OP as that makes it sound. The cooldown on invisibility feels much more generous than I expected, and the cooldown on hacking much more restrictive.

Skin-wise, I'm not a fan of any of her epics or legendaries. Only her default and its teal/orange/lime variations look any good, the rest are completely garish. Probably going to roll with the teal.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

The most disappointing thing about Sombra is that there is no Boop emote or voice line.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

pakman posted:

The most disappointing thing about Sombra is that there is no Boop emote or voice line.
Now that's just wrong

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

[edit] ^^^ Me and you both :smith:

There are 30,000 players ahead of me in queue. Back to cleaning the house I guess.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
the 1v1 arcade mode is fun

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

novaSphere posted:

Unless cone guy is actually a systems design at Blizzard then I dunno I'm sorry :shobon:
I am Jeff Kaplan!!

I aren't 100% sure about the cone thing but I remember some dev chat about how originally the visual design was for the lightning to always be going crazy so you could easily see your range/spread, but that made it hard for the player to tell if they were hitting things or not. To fix that they made missing very clearly a bit of a squib so there's a difference between when you're hitting or not. I guess now it has been proven that Winston does break stealth it doesn't really matter much.

I can't check the PTR tonight but tomorrow I look forward to getting Sombra'd with ludicrous ping whilst I yell about medkits. Fun times ahead!

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

My queue jumped from 1000 to 40000.
I'm cursed, I'll never play Sombra.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Zanael posted:

My queue jumped from 1000 to 40000.
I'm cursed, I'll never play Sombra.

I've been told in another Blizzard game that the queue isn't really players, just an artificial number based on server load.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I got in for a little while and now it's telling me I can't even log into Battlenet. Very weird.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I am interested in the 1 vs 1 mode.

aaaaaaaah

rednecked_crake fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Nov 7, 2016

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I got to entering game about six or seven times before I decided to try later

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
Sombra's gun kills a 200 HP hero in just under 30 bullets if she lands every single one and none of them are headshots. It feels like her time to kill is roughly 1.5-2x longer than Tracer's? But I don't know what the numbers are actually like.

It feels pretty good, IMO--I think she's at the right balance where she does just enough damage to be a legitimate threat but not enough damage that she'll replace raw DPS characters. I guess we'll see how things play out in the long run, though.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
https://gfycat.com/BigColdGopher
So one of Sombra's POTG intros puts forward someone else's POTG intro before hacking it into her's. :allears:

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Oh well, the 1 vs 1 mode is a load of shite. You have to play mirror matches in a best-of-5 (I think it's 5?) format and you get a random character each round. I can't believe they would not let you pick your own characters. Why in the name of ever loving gently caress would I want to play a zayra mirror match, a poo-in-loo mirror match, a mercy mirror match or most of the cast in a mirror match. If it takes too long then you get a wallhack of the enemy so you get this truly retarded game of trying to bait a shot by running to a corner and back for 60 seconds until someone messes up or you just get a draw.

I'm legit disappointed.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Oh well, the 1 vs 1 mode is a load of shite. You have to play mirror matches in a best-of-5 (I think it's 5?) format and you get a random character each round. I can't believe they would not let you pick your own characters. Why in the name of ever loving gently caress would I want to play a zayra mirror match, a poo-in-loo mirror match, a mercy mirror match or most of the cast in a mirror match. If it takes too long then you get a wallhack of the enemy so you get this truly retarded game of trying to bait a shot by running to a corner and back for 60 seconds until someone messes up or you just get a draw.

I'm legit disappointed.

Why would they ever do that

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

BillBear posted:

https://gfycat.com/BigColdGopher
So one of Sombra's POTG intros puts forward someone else's POTG intro before hacking it into her's. :allears:

ha ha ha that is the best troll

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I'm legit disappointed.

They probably do the mirror match because otherwise like 3/4 of the cast would just never ever be played in 1v1. You can already see it playing out in 3v3 a bit, where for example Roadhog is an absolute beast because he can instakill most of the cast with a hook and also has the ability to self-heal.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

The 3 vs 3 mode is far better because you can pick your characters. It reminds me of the old TF2 arena mode.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the tf2 arena mode was the worst so I guess I'll just avoid 3v3

Papercut posted:

They probably do the mirror match because otherwise like 3/4 of the cast would just never ever be played in 1v1. You can already see it playing out in 3v3 a bit, where for example Roadhog is an absolute beast because he can instakill most of the cast with a hook and also has the ability to self-heal.

yea this is probably the case but that still sounds a lot better than a randomly chosen mirror match. I hope you get a lot of customization options for custom games so you can make it a better tool for getting better

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

1v1 and 3v3 modes are a really strange addition, was anyone asking for those?

It's valuable time they could've spent making skins

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Give the 1v1 mode a chance, it's a lot of fun once you get into it. Symmetra mirror matches are tense games of cat and mouse as the Symmetras run around the map trying to place traps and destroying what traps they can from their enemy, until one of them gets the other within range of a turret and start the laser chainsaw up.

Bastion mirror matches are really crazy because they are entirely decided by the followup after someone hits someone else with sentry mode. Bastion has enough health to be able to back away from an enemy Bastion sentry shots provided he has cover nearby, and a self-heal, so the enemy Bastion needs to move in in recon mode for the kill, risking running into you having turned into a sentry yourself rather than healing. It's pretty great.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

1v1 dm servers are good for getting better at the actual mechanics of fighting other players without having to worry about anything else. a different iteration on the same concept could be a really good practice/warm up tool for people trying to get better at the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Help Im Alive posted:

yes, many people were.

lmao if you want more skins over actual gameplay stuff