Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

So we're all going to tweet you're fired at trump when the election is called for :abuela:, right?

Yes, and Twitter will melt down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

i thought I died, but then realized I got promoted ??

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

:laffo:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

WeAreTheRomans posted:

What a time to be alive

I'm not making this poo poo up. Remember 2 weeks ago when Twitter was down?

Some script kiddies were trying to ddos the PlayStation network and hosed up. It's Internet of things that aren't locked down at all.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tatsuta Age posted:

he killed like half of us with a yuge flood last week

That was the old fort. In the new fort the only people who have died have died to dehydration (lol) or werebeasts. One dude drowned because he was running on ice

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

lol cnn for paying this guy

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Alaska (LEAN GOP)

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

shiksa posted:

oh good yes please purge anyone who thinks for more than a fraction of a second

yeah make intellectual a bad thing and then wonder why our schools suck total rear end compared to other first world nations

Did you know if the confederate states weren't part of the US today we'd be highly ranked worldwide in education?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Florida as a toss-up

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Texas only leaning GOP isn't something to get excited about, Corey

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

shiksa posted:

lol cnn for paying this guy

lol when they do their accounting for the year there's going to be some execs sitting around a table rubbing their temples and wishing they hadn't drank so much in 2016

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Dude don't you have a Starting Strength variant named after you or something? You'd loving better look like Wolverine

Gimme a break, I typed that up in like the middle of the Bush administration or something. :corsair:

OTOH I've been rock climbing which, owns and has kept my body from turning into a potato.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

this is like when trump posts polls in which he is losin but not by that much

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
2nd article from the top on infowars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm6QOCmKz54

Video of a guy reading a drudge report article.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Lastgirl posted:

Florida as a toss-up

the real funny part is that Corey thinks a map with Clinton: 274 is favorable for Trump

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

prefect posted:

Is this dwarf game some kind of ant-farm simulation, where you name dwarves and then just watch what they do to each other? Because I think I could get into that.

You tell them where to build and what to build, but they do the day to day stuff autonomously. So once you get some tables and chairs built and have told them where to store the food, they'll take breaks from normal work to grab a bite and a drink before getting back to the task. Same with sleeping: build a room with a bed, assign it to someone, and they'll start using it to store their clothes and sleep at night. If you can look past the UI you can make some really incredible constructions and do some tricky engineering to fill a cistern for winter when the water outside freezes, or make a death maze for assailants. It's not completely hands off though, there's lots to do to keep a dorf fort running smoothly.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

just lol if you didn't defriend all those people in the days after sandy hook when they downplayed it as hard as they could while rubbing a gun

I've long since purged my Facebook but after the Pulse shooting it was very revealing to look at friends of friends' posts and see who was most outraged about gun violence, who was most outraged about Muslim terrorism, and who was most outraged about anti-LGBT violence.

(I might have gotten a little Uppity Queer and read some liberal friends who were making it 100% about 'ban guns now' and not making a peep about 'one more in a long string of horrific anti-gay hate crimes')

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

I control the brews, I control the fort.

e: Why is my name yellow, but my fellow brewer Yinlock's brown?

Pilsner vs porter

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

evilweasel posted:

sorry guys, that trump poll in florida wasn't true

because they're not polling florida

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/795722142159605760

I'm honestly not sure which is worse, being down 2 in Florida by your internal poll or not even bothering to poll a state worth 29 EV that's gone to the winner since 2000. They're terrible in their own special ways!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

cams posted:

mine is also an ex marine. been friends since middle school, went to see him when he shipped off, he was always a great guy.

after working for a while as an emt, he got a firefighting job in texas and, from what i understand from our mutual friends who have facebook (i don't) he's been defending trump since last year. he doesn't pay too much attention to serious things so i chalk it up to ignorance.

i look forward to never discussing this with him ever.

My friend was a tentative Bernie supporter and we talked about his policies and whatnot all the time with the impossible hope he'd be president, but he bought all-in on the anti-Hillary doctrine once she won the candidacy and he's voting for Trump now

Guy's got a heart of gold and I've also known him since middle school, so I'm hoping he doesn't stay on an anti-Clinton tear after the election and just goes back to talking about working at his family's ranch and tagging along with me to the shooting range so he can show off his tacticlol Guns :unsmith:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mirthless posted:

the real funny part is that Corey thinks a map with Clinton: 274 is favorable for Trump

its 400 evs to win rite???? He still has a chance!!!!!!

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

exquisite tea posted:

Alaska (LEAN GOP)

Feel a bit sorry for Alaska that no one cares they're a swing state.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tatsuta Age posted:

I feel like I'm ruining your perverse fantasy (unironically sorry) but it was venom snek who kilt us all

no that was me being self-deprecating, I just assumed my dwarf had hit a water main or breached a dam because he was stupid

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

prefect posted:

Is this dwarf game some kind of ant-farm simulation, where you name dwarves and then just watch what they do to each other? Because I think I could get into that.

Its like the worlds most complicated game, this is the best way to play it (looking at Venom Snakes screen caps every day or two) or try Rimworld.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
it's still amazing to me that infowars has been gettin serious news attention during all this

art bell's gonna come outta retirement for 2020 just you wait

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

LawfulWaffle posted:

You tell them where to build and what to build, but they do the day to day stuff autonomously. So once you get some tables and chairs built and have told them where to store the food, they'll take breaks from normal work to grab a bite and a drink before getting back to the task. Same with sleeping: build a room with a bed, assign it to someone, and they'll start using it to store their clothes and sleep at night. If you can look past the UI you can make some really incredible constructions and do some tricky engineering to fill a cistern for winter when the water outside freezes, or make a death maze for assailants. It's not completely hands off though, there's lots to do to keep a dorf fort running smoothly.

every time i kind of half-heartedly look into trying dwarf fortress it feels like im getting bubsy 3d explained to me by ulillillia

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Look at that pink Texas. :kiss:

I can't emphasize enough how much I'm looking forward to Florida being called early tomorrow and watching Fox squirm trying to put off stating the obvious.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/795727192214867968

he's kinda right it is more interesting than the nfl right now

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/williamjordann/status/795723185111109636

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Venom Snake posted:

That was the old fort. In the new fort the only people who have died have died to dehydration (lol) or werebeasts. One dude drowned because he was running on ice

:(

what a way to go, too

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

So we're all going to tweet you're fired at trump when the election is called for :abuela:, right?

like a dog! or Sad! are better catchphrases and allow for more creativity

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I have a bunch of gifs I plan to tweet, but it isn't going to be specifically at anyone

zakkro
May 29, 2015

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/795582878088237056

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
infowars is the only honest news organization in the world

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

GobiasIndustries posted:

Sean Hannity hates smart people because dropped out of college lol

But he will always be quick to tell you how he worked his way (part time) while he was at college (for like $500 a semester)

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's still amazing to me that infowars has been gettin serious news attention during all this

infowars got an exclusive 30 minute interview with the 2016 republican presidential nominee

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Antti posted:

I'm honestly not sure which is worse, being down 2 in Florida by your internal poll or not even bothering to poll a state worth 29 EV that's gone to the winner since 2000. They're terrible in their own special ways!

its fine to be down in your internal poll, your internal poll should be honest

it's not fine to be down in your leaked internal poll because those are cherrypicked outliers that you leak when things are grim

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Plinkey posted:

try Rimworld.
Don't.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/11/02/rimworld-code-analysis/

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

:rip: George Noory, incapable of standing against the hot blood and hunger of Alex Jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

what about that statue

• Locked thread