Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

JEsus Steelers are grabbing the poo poo out of our facemasks today

BAN!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

I do this every week, sorry. POsted in the wrong thread!!

I never hit F5 or refresh and always click the main forum thread and click real fast. And I always wind up in the wrong threads.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 6, 2016

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Another incredible NFC East matchup. Why are they ever not primetime?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
#1-4 in the NFC East is coincidentally organized by the order of Lombardi Trophies

Things are as they should be

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

The Eagles are 0-2 against the division.

They are going to be 4-2 :smug:

I think they can beat the Giants anywhere, and home field advantage will be enough to make the difference in the rematches against the Redskins and Cowboys.

3-3 is still a decent division record but it's quite difficult to attain after getting the three losses out of the way immediately

Argento
Feb 19, 2004

Ladies, I'm back
Lipstick Apathy
Eli always with the heart attacks. How hard is it to blow out a team when you are leading 14-0?

Still glad Wentz didnt get that call but karma will bite us in the rear end on that one.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I didnt get to watch the game. How did Wentz look after the two early interceptions? Is he still good, or should we trade him for a 4th?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

a new study bible! posted:

I didnt get to watch the game. How did Wentz look after the two early interceptions? Is he still good, or should we trade him for a 4th?
Definitely settled down, but not his best. Playcalling didn't do him favors, but also threw some wobblers.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

His ball placement wasn't that great all game but he obviously improved from the first two possessions.

Giants really didn't look that great either. Both teams looked pretty rough out there today

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Second call for the Bryce Treggs :bandwagon:

Undrafted FA picked up off the scrap heap of the 49ers had more yards in his first NFL game than 1st round pick Nelson Agholor has had in any game in 1.5 seasons

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
If the season ended today 3 NFCE teams would be in the playoffs

End the season today IMO

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

For as much of a bummer as it is to be last in the division, the Eagles have lost their 4 games by an average of only 4.25 points. That has to be among the lowest differentials in the league when it comes to losses.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

For as much of a bummer as it is to be last in the division, the Eagles have lost their 4 games by an average of only 4.25 points. That has to be among the lowest differentials in the league when it comes to losses.

fun idea, check out the 2015, 4-12 Cowboys loss margins

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Also:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
The Giants' secondary has single-handedly saved Reese's job. Excellent play all-around, particularly by the safeties.

Also, Andrew Adams is better than Nat Berhe.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

blue squares posted:

fun idea, check out the 2015, 4-12 Cowboys loss margins

so this means we'll be 5-2 this time next year?

i'll take it.

at this point i'm hoping the vikings continue to suck so the pick we get from them is better than the pick we send to cleveland.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
e: wrong thread

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Fire everybody.

Iodised QQ posted:

3-3 is still a decent division record but it's quite difficult to attain after getting the three losses out of the way immediately

Perhaps unsurprisingly, I am not in the mood for bold predictions this evening.

From a tweet I saw re-tweeted:

quote:

Today will be the first Eagles-Giants game without either Andy Reid or Tom Coughlin on the sidelines since 1998.

that's a long time.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Pederson needs to find a balance between agressive and learning when to take the loving points.

It was the 2nd quarter...you are not down by 21...you take your points on offer.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
The Giants won...and it was against the Eagles. I am content.

This whole 'complete and utter lack of running game' is sort of concerning though. Just a tad.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

Pederson needs to find a balance between agressive and learning when to take the loving points.

It was the 2nd quarter...you are not down by 21...you take your points on offer.

Always go for it on 4th and 2 or less.

Always.

(just call better loving plays)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

CyberPingu posted:

tbh I'm fine if that's how he wants to handle fourth downs for the rest of his tenure in Philly. I didn't think any of the decisions to go for it was horrible, especially considering one of our FGs got blocked. once we have a better offense with reliable receivers I think, on balance, it'll be fine to go for it in that nether-region between super-long FG and short punt.

the problem I have is that his loving playcalls are absolute poo poo-garbage a lot of the time. I'm pretty sure he called no less than 5 designed runs for Carson. Doug, this isn't Alex Smith; he's not an option quarterback. And, AND AND AND, you don't have Jordan Matthews try to crack-block JPP you big dimwitted fuckman. I mean, Jesus Christ.

There seems to be little to no chemistry between Wentz and any of the WRs. Agholor needs to be cut yesterday. Treggs seems good. the secondary is a standing puddle of piss. Matthews is done. I like the idea of Smallwood as a Sproles replacement, but we still need a premiere no-joke number one back. lots of holes, but I'm optimistic about the future; I think that both Wentz and Pederson will iron out some of their rookie mistakes this year (Pederson as a playcaller, obv) and next year is the show and prove it year. if they don't show dramatic improvement on offense, I think you cut bait on Pederson

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

blue squares posted:

Another incredible NFC East matchup. Why are they ever not primetime?

Pandering to fly over states and the west coast. A more dire threat to the league than head injuries imo.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Go back from Wentz you came.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Jota posted:

His ball placement wasn't that great all game but he obviously improved from the first two possessions.

Giants really didn't look that great either. Both teams looked pretty rough out there today

Giants defense looked good but their run defense against speedy RBs got exposed. Giants offense once again is lost in a mire of trying to force the run when it isn't there and won't be there because our giant 6'6 behemoth LT can't run block worth a poo poo and the below league replacement RT predictably sucks.

Just trade for Joe Thomas already!!!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

axeil posted:

so this means we'll be 5-2 this time next year?

i'll take it.

at this point i'm hoping the vikings continue to suck so the pick we get from them is better than the pick we send to cleveland.

The Vikings are looking so shook they may never win another game again.

It's still possible that the pick we send to Cleveland is higher than Minnesota's, because we could lose out. That said, we managed to trade the house for a good QB prospect, and we still will probably have a top 15 or higher pick.

And a fourth.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Yesterday's Eagles game made me unreasonably angry. That's kind of all I have to say I guess, I felt like I went a little nuts watching it play out.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The last place team in the NFC East is 4-1 outside the division.

The NFC East is the best division in football.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

The last place team in the NFC East is 4-1 outside the division.

The NFC East is the best division in football.

see, now this is a hot take that I can completely get behind

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
In what land is the Eagles facing 3 opponents coming off of a bye at their house (away games) THREE WEEKS IN A ROW?!

How does that even happen? How is it allowed to happen?

And yes, I can't wait for us to sign Alshon Jeffrey and DeSean Jackson in free agency this year. Sproles is obviously the only running back that can be trusted with Wentz right now, but he's not a #1 RB by any stretch. Wentz literally has nothing to work with. This would be fine if he's been in the league for 10 years, but he hasn't yet.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Eagles are gonna beat the Falcons, Seahawks, and Packers in a row. Just watch.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The Vikings game was at home. Your point still very much stands though. The Falcons will also be coming off 10 days rest.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The Eagles offense should be very rested, at least. They never travel downfield

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

blue squares posted:

The Eagles offense should be very rested, at least. They never travel downfield
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i3wIHDgbA8

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

89 posted:

Eagles are gonna beat the Falcons, Seahawks, and Packers in a row. Just watch.

Put some fanduel money on it why dont ya

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
I for one find 89's "earnest fan who blindly supports his team and thinks they'll win every game and takes every comment about them seriously" gimmick to be charming

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Febreeze posted:

Put some fanduel money on it why dont ya

you can just straight up bet games on Fanduel now?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

TheChirurgeon posted:

I for one find 89's "earnest fan who blindly supports his team and thinks they'll win every game and takes every comment about them seriously" gimmick to be charming

but that's my gimmick :smith:

well combined with "melting down hilariously when the team sucks and proves him wrong"

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The NFC East is not only the best division but also the best overall division for quarterbacking. Is there any other division that comes close to the NFC East's QB talent? Maybe the NFC South.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Another strong showing from the Best Division In Football™

• Locked thread