Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Cheap Trick is peak Rohan so it's a great fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

That part where Rohan shows koichi his back, making you think he just dicked our precious angel baby over

:discourse:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJrBqJq8gpg

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFVrH1Mz8AM

Jocachaval C posted:

Jotaro is badly wounded check
A Jotaro friend (who is wearing a school uniform) is wounded with a hole in his stomach check
Blonde villian check
Mentions seconds check
Says the M word check
Yes, thus episode was stardust crusaders Finale in a nutshell.

Juliash Vatgasicia posted:

he hits the watch because that's what kakyoin did

Well now I just feel silly for not catching any of this on my own.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
jotaro wasn't there when kakyoin blew up the clocktower though

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
The Stardust Crusaders theme popping up every time Jotaro starts punching a guy is the best.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Raserys posted:

jotaro wasn't there when kakyoin blew up the clocktower though

Yeah but why wouldn't Joseph tell him about their friend's death throes and how that actually let Joseph figure out DIO's stand.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea of all the things to share 'hey man your friend died horribly but in that death he was actually able to help me figure the stand out and pretty much save us all' is probably up there in things even Terrible Parent Joseph Joestar would know are good ideas to go with.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Surprisingly Dope posted:

Another thing I have noticed rewatching jojo that is NOT racism related is how much they talk about fate, about jonathan and dio being tied together, etc. So far basically every part has been Dio's fault, either directly or indirectly. I wonder if this will keep up in Part 5. They also talk about the gods of fate a bunch in phantom blood. I wonder if they will ever show up. It seems like with Josuke apaprently going back in time to save himself as a child things could collide like that...

I wish I had a Stand that could destroy this post. At least once part 4 ends I can tell people to cut it out with the time travel thing.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The only way time travels in Jojo is when it stops, when it loops, when it...does something, and when it goes really really loving fast.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Funky Valentine posted:

The only way time travels in Jojo is when it stops, when it loops, when it...does something, and when it goes really really loving fast.

And when it rewinds.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Part 5 will be about all the chicks Dio boned while waiting for The Gang in Egypt
nailed it

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

🎯

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I wish I had a Stand that could destroy this post. At least once part 4 ends I can tell people to cut it out with the time travel thing.

He looks kinda like Josuke, so it has to be Josuke. I mean, it's not like Josuke directly based his entire aesthetic on that person, which is the entire point of that anecdote being there in the first place.

Also, while DIO's influence is felt in Part 4, I wouldn't say the entire part is his fault in any way. It's more Diavolo's fault.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I do seriously wonder if Josuke going back in time somehow was something Araki was considering early in Part 4.

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, while DIO's influence is felt in Part 4, I wouldn't say the entire part is his fault in any way. It's more Diavolo's fault.
Though the Arrow would not have made it to Morioh if not for DIO.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I thought the Part 4 arrow was a different arrow to DIO's.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Waffleman_ posted:

According to the wiki there were 6 Arrows, 5 of which were sold by Diavolo to Enya and DIO.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hillary Clinton...you can see me, can't you? Those who know the secret of my Stand must DIE!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I guess there'd be 6 if you included Black Sabbath, but that seems like a weird one to count. That's part of a Stand, so I wouldn't think that was one of the excavated Arrows.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Weird how a Stand would even manifest with a magic alien meteorite fashioned into an arrow

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Alien germs.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Waffleman_ posted:

Isn't Keicho's arrow the one that Dio used?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Isn't Keicho's arrow the one that Dio used?

I don't remember (and maybe it was never stated either way) whether Dio and Enya gave that arrow to Nijimura Sr. or if Keicho found it in Dio's mansion during his fact-finding expedition, or what.

The history of the arrows isn't very well explained, but here's my understanding (using the wiki to refresh my memory but ignoring some unsourced statements I can't remember the basis of):

1: The only one Diavolo didn't sell to Enya. Given to Polpo so Black Sabbath could stab people with it.
2: Given by Enya to Yoshihiro, I guess as a favor to a fellow parent of a serial killer? Possibly destroyed when Yoshihiro's picture was destroyed near the end of Part 4.
3: Found by Keicho somewhere, stolen by Akira, retrieved by Speedwagon Foundation. Possibly the one Jolyne gets a piece of, although it could be the unknown 6th arrow. May have been the one Dio was stabbed with.
4: Recovered by Polnareff (from Dio's mansion? Without telling Jotaro about it?). Taken by Giorno and used to awaken GER. May have been the one DIo was stabbed with. May have been the one Dio gave to Pucci (they both have an insect design).
5-6: May have been the one Dio was stabbed with and/or the one Dio gave to Pucci. Araki Forgot.

The exact history of the arrows given to Enya is one of those things that are never really given a satisfying explanation, along with the details of how Keicho learned everything about Dio and Jotaro, the original creator of the arrows in the first place, Diavolo's paternity, what trauma caused Diavolo to develop a split personality, the infamous "second coffin," and probably other things I've forgotten.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Nov 7, 2016

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I was thinking about this a little while ago and came to the conclusion that without DIO, Keicho doesn't need to kill his Dad, so he never goes on his archery spree. Angelo never gets his stand, remains in prison and doesn't mess with Joseph's spirit photos.

This would drastically alter the circumstances of Joestars coming to Morioh and would lead to drastically different story, if they even still showed up and didn't just send a solicitor or something.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Roach Warehouse posted:

I was thinking about this a little while ago and came to the conclusion that without DIO, Keicho doesn't need to kill his Dad, so he never goes on his archery spree. Angelo never gets his stand, remains in prison and doesn't mess with Joseph's spirit photos.

This would drastically alter the circumstances of Joestars coming to Morioh and would lead to drastically different story, if they even still showed up and didn't just send a solicitor or something.

no keicho -> no koichi -> no rohan -> no reimi discovery -> kira gets his peaceful life

dio ruins everything, even for evil people

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Jotaro still would have went to Morioh to talk to Josuke about Joseph and the will, right? Of course, with no DIO no Joestar would have stands so the nature of Jotaro's trip and what would happen during it would be very different.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i cant stop watching this video someone please help me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYCk2udVFvo

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Moltrey posted:

i cant stop watching this video someone please help me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYCk2udVFvo

:same:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Jotaro still would have went to Morioh to talk to Josuke about Joseph and the will, right? Of course, with no DIO no Joestar would have stands so the nature of Jotaro's trip and what would happen during it would be very different.

And because of no Stands, Josuke would have never gotten sick at 4 years old, never met the kind-hearted ruffian who saved him, and as a result would not have a pompadour.

Truly, the darkest of all timelines.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

hoobajoo posted:

And because of no Stands, Josuke would have never gotten sick at 4 years old, never met the kind-hearted ruffian who saved him, and as a result would not have a pompadour.

Truly, the darkest of all timelines.

Yes, but think how much better he'd be at Gradius if he didn't have to spend so much time on his hair.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
can someone tell me what this part of this video is referencing. the lizards one. I finally managed to get all the other references but i'm going insane on this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB21AodZF30&t=56s

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Yo-Yo Ma

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

no they will not posted:

can someone tell me what this part of this video is referencing. the lizards one. I finally managed to get all the other references but i'm going insane on this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB21AodZF30&t=56s
Yo-Yo Ma thinks a frog is hot and chases it once and then Annasui uses Diver Down to wire a frog to Yo-Yo Ma's brain making Yo-Yo Ma think and act like a frog

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Yo-Yo Ma thinks a frog is hot and chases it once and then Annasui uses Diver Down to wire a frog to Yo-Yo Ma's brain making Yo-Yo Ma think and act like a frog

thank you. i think i forgot most of what happened during the yo yo ma fight

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
all you need to remember is Yo-Yo Ma Is Coming

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Yo-Yo Ma vs Gabbo

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Gabbo posted:

all the stand users in morioh are SOBs
    /

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Can't wait for steel ball run to get animated so that they can use james taylor's fire & rain for the ending song just for the lines "Won't you look down upon me, jesus / You've got to help me make a stand"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Stand user... President...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I wish I had the holy corpse so I could make a rock fall on my head