Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

I've recently realized that the smart pistol is one of the most amazing things in the game. people who think it sucks are using it wrong. I think my average round of bounty hunt has gone up by 5-600 points since I started using it.

:ssh: It's not for pilots

The softball grenade launcher is also fantastic for taking out AI if you hit them right when they come out of their pods. You can farm stuff early on absurdly quick. I think it gets worse as the round goes on since you aren't getting those pods if there are titans around, but early on it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Satchel damage is real. Argh they went into smoke so I couldn't see the archer damage after to compare. Anyone know why my WINDOWS 10 RECORD THAT! button only does ~7 seconds when I have it set to 30 (and toggled to 15 for testing)?

https://giant.gfycat.com/ConstantInnocentBrant.webm

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Lemming posted:

The softball grenade launcher is also fantastic for taking out AI if you hit them right when they come out of their pods. You can farm stuff early on absurdly quick. I think it gets worse as the round goes on since you aren't getting those pods if there are titans around, but early on it's great.
The drop pods drop all game, there's just less of them since you start getting poo poo like Reapers which don't come in pods

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah. It's basically a farming machine. It one shots all of the grunts except reapers I believe. One clip and about 10 seconds should give you a full recharge and the second charge you just earned should be enough to get you a titan in about 5 more seconds. It's also by far the best way to get a piece of the pie when there is multiple titans stomping around a drop zone. it's ridiculously powerful.

I think the people who think it sucks are using it on pilots which it is incredibly unreliable for.

gonna give this a shot, seems like it could be killer at least for the opening round before titans show up

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Insert name here posted:

The drop pods drop all game, there's just less of them since you start getting poo poo like Reapers which don't come in pods

I meant like if there are friendly or enemy titans and you are not in a titan you are probably going to get beaten to the pod or squished by an enemy titan before you can kill the pod dudes.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think he means that there are less to go around because the titans will take 80% of the grunt kills.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Yep. I also have been trying to make a conscious effort not to squish AI if I'm in a Titan and there are friendly pilots nearby so they can get Titan charge, but I really like squishing AI :(

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm a greedy gently caress if I have a Titan unless I'm playing with a buddy who needs the points.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

teh_Broseph posted:

Satchel damage is real. Argh they went into smoke so I couldn't see the archer damage after to compare. Anyone know why my WINDOWS 10 RECORD THAT! button only does ~7 seconds when I have it set to 30 (and toggled to 15 for testing)?

https://giant.gfycat.com/ConstantInnocentBrant.webm

When my buddy and I play he runs satchel and will drop one on top of my titan and if anybody ever rodeos I just tell him and he blows them up from across the map with the satchel lol

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Remove the Reapers, they take too long to kill, look out of place and I'd rather have more god drat grunts and add in the friendly bots the first game had. And the Alien life.

And Spyglass.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

s.i.r.e. posted:

And Spyglass.

Probably my biggest complaint, where the gently caress is he? :mad:

Would love to see them add a Spyglass faction.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Daztek posted:

It re-locked the level 10/20/30 etc pilot camos for me :shrug:

It did this at first but then it went away. I assume it was from a server-side patch this weekend. It didn't happen until I restarted the game.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Remove the Reapers, they take too long to kill, look out of place and I'd rather have more god drat grunts and add in the friendly bots the first game had. And the Alien life.

And Spyglass.

Reapers are really brutal on some of the lower health Titans. I got wrecked by a pack of like 5 of them in a Northstar the other day. It was shameful.

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

I've recently realized that the smart pistol is one of the most amazing things in the game. people who think it sucks are using it wrong. I think my average round of bounty hunt has gone up by 5-600 points since I started using it.

:ssh: It's not for pilots

This is probably a stupid question, but do you need a pistol equipped in your 2nd weapon slot to actually use this boost?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://files.catbox.moe/4am0st.webm
https://files.catbox.moe/tv8na1.webm
https://files.catbox.moe/rvotfe.webm
https://files.catbox.moe/ni7oj1.webm
https://files.catbox.moe/wwnu5f.webm
https://files.catbox.moe/em3bgi.webm

Ignore the hosed up sound, it's because of Discord's attenuation.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

small hendren posted:

This is probably a stupid question, but do you need a pistol equipped in your 2nd weapon slot to actually use this boost?

No, it'll replace your secondary when you use the boost, regardless of what it is.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Lemming posted:

No, it'll replace your secondary when you use the boost, regardless of what it is.

So after you run out of ammo for it are you stuck with a useless gun?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

RatHat posted:

So after you run out of ammo for it are you stuck with a useless gun?

Yup, its why the Smart Pistol is kinda supremely lovely now.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
You don't get back your original weapon once it's out of ammo?

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

Lemming posted:

Okay cool, thanks.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Wazzit posted:

You don't get back your original weapon once it's out of ammo?

No.

Just kill something and pick their weapon up.

Pretty sure you can do that anyway and carry two primaries, if you want.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Knifegrab posted:

To be honest I don't really live long enough for that to be an issue.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

So what's the official official PS4 network? Agree we just need one. There's low amount of peeps playing as-is

Looks like I have two more batches of three dew codes to give to anyone that didn't receive any at all yet. The guy sent extra if you left him a good review. :shrug: got my money's worth

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Nov 8, 2016

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I'll try out the codes. I have no idea what they are or how to use them, though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Sure I'll take a code. They're just double XP right?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

RatHat posted:

To be honest I don't really live long enough for that to be an issue.

I still love the Smart Pistol but it falls off big time once titans stop dropping. And the addition of late game stalkers/reapers means it really won't help with farming points much.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I've been playing with the EPG the last couple nights as a change of pace from my usual shotgun style. I was having a bad run and getting salty last night, then someone I dominated called me a "noobtube spammer" and I felt all better. :unsmith:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Knifegrab posted:

This isn't true. The text is misleading. You can use your secondary but it turns into your smart pistol while it has ammo.

Also, as stated earlier it's actually not lovely at all and incredibly good.

Lemon-Lime posted:

No.

Just kill something and pick their weapon up.

Pretty sure you can do that anyway and carry two primaries, if you want.

Also not true.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 8, 2016

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop
Thank you to the people who keep posting those multiplayer tutorial videos, this game is a sensory hatefuck and it feels like a dryer full of broken machine parts. Dwarf Fortress has a gentler learning curve. Maybe I'll break on through to where the fun lives, but right now it feels like the player base is made of brains in vats of Mountain Dew and actual child soldiers.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

veni veni veni posted:

This isn't true. The text is misleading. You can use your secondary but it turns into your smart pistol while it has ammo.

Also not true. Cmon guys don't answer questions if you haven't used the thing.

OK you're gonna have to help me out here because I use the smart pistol a lot. Yes I get a secondary weapon (anti-titan or pistol) on spawn, but once I use my smart pistol boost, I have that smart pistol now until I am dead whether it has ammo or not.

What am I missing? Also the smart pistol is great for making bad pilots rage, but the fact that A) it locks onto cloak pilots slowly B) All pilots get a "Pilot locking" notification, C) it removes your ability to combat enemy titans effectively, D) It takes 3 (or is it 4?) locks to kill a stalker, and can't even do anything about reapers, makes it not very good in the second installation of titan fall.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Knifegrab posted:

OK you're gonna have to help me out here because I use the smart pistol a lot. Yes I get a secondary weapon (anti-titan or pistol) on spawn, but once I use my smart pistol boost, I have that smart pistol now until I am dead whether it has ammo or not.

What am I missing? Also the smart pistol is great for making bad pilots rage, but the fact that A) it locks onto cloak pilots slowly B) All pilots get a "Pilot locking" notification, C) it removes your ability to combat enemy titans effectively, D) It takes 3 (or is it 4?) locks to kill a stalker, and can't even do anything about reapers, makes it not very good in the second installation of titan fall.

I tried to stealth edit that last part out because I became less confident in my statement after posting lol.

I was thinking you guys meant that you were sol with using your secondary once you used your first smart pistol/ you don't get to carry a secondary at all. It's possible you have to wait till death to get your secondary back.

I dunno. I just feel like I've had very good luck with it even at later points in the round. It feels incredibly useful just for getting points and building the Titan meter. Seems like I'm able to build an entire Titan charge in seconds on a regular basis which is why I think it's good.

Yeah it doesn't do poo poo to reapers but they are easy to avoid and if everything works out you will have a Titan to take care of them very quickly. I don't even bother trying to get pilots with it because it's too weak.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 8, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Also not true.

:crossarms:

https://files.catbox.moe/i11wmv.webm

veni veni veni posted:

Cmon guys don't answer questions if you haven't used the thing.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Your character will always reserve the last bullet of the smart pistol for themselves, so you never need to worry about what happens when it runs out of ammo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't open that link but I already know I'm probably eating crow on this so I'll just slink off.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

So what's the official official PS4 network? Agree we just need one. There's low amount of peeps playing as-is

Looks like I have two more batches of three dew codes to give to anyone that didn't receive any at all yet. The guy sent extra if you left him a good review. :shrug: got my money's worth

its giant bomb or reddit because the goon happy hour is a poo poo time

e: what the gently caress you can pick up ai weapons in multiplayer?

zolthorg fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 8, 2016

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Lemming posted:

Your character will always reserve the last bullet of the smart pistol for themselves, so you never need to worry about what happens when it runs out of ammo.

Not an empty quote.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

zolthorg posted:

its giant bomb or reddit because the goon happy hour is a poo poo time

Is there a bigger happy hour bonus if the network has more members? I just made my own network so I could set a happy hour time I like

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Lakbay posted:

Is there a bigger happy hour bonus if the network has more members? I just made my own network so I could set a happy hour time I like
As far as I can tell, you always get the same amount of merits regardless of the network size.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!
So iv'e run into some sort of terrible problem that nobody seems to know how to fix. Iv'e been getting progressively worse audio. Horrible, loud, crunchy audio. This wouldn't be that bad, but it's paired with terrible ping AND CPU usage spikes. This was non-existent two days ago. Then an occasional problem late yesterday. Now the game is practically unplayable.

Does anyone know a fix for this? Official help has been completely useless.

EDIT: V That's what I feared. I have this amazing streak of running into amazing, rare mystery problems with games that only a few people experience, so there isn't as much of a hurry to fix it :( i'll try a few things and see what I can do.

OrangeSoda fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Nov 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

OrangeSoda posted:

So iv'e run into some sort of terrible problem that nobody seems to know how to fix. Iv'e been getting progressively worse audio. Horrible, loud, crunchy audio. This wouldn't be that bad, but it's paired with terrible ping AND CPU usage spikes. This was non-existent two days ago. Then an occasional problem late yesterday. Now the game is practically unplayable.

Does anyone know a fix for this? Official help has been completely useless.

Reinstall is always a good nuclear option, but I haven't heard anything like that happen to anybody else. Sorry.