Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Dr. Fetus posted:

https://twitter.com/KazoWAR/status/795755381314166789

Doesn't seem like we'll be finding out more through the leaker either way. He wasn't playing a review copy after all.

There's a few others out there putting stuff out too, not just him.

Not sure what to make of "incomplete ROM dump," though, I've never heard of such a thing. It seems like if you gently caress up a rip it should just not work at all. Maybe a dump of an unfinished build somehow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Could have been a dump of an E3 build or something?

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Maybe it has dummy data like with the demo or something, hosed up/wrong encounters idk

Placeholder stuff I mean

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

My trainer ID in Omega Ruby is 55555.

mine is 00001, because i'm number one

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Well the scuttlebutt about that guy who got caught by Nintendo due to his trainer ID is bullshit because he just posted again.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
But did Nintendo catch E-Manuel?!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

But did Nintendo catch E-Manuel?!

i think blizzard just put that character on the OW ptr

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
So the leak that said Gengar's ability got nerfed to be Cursed Body also got Toucannon's name right. Welp.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
God i cant wait to see incineroar's Z-move

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dr. Fetus posted:

So the leak that said Gengar's ability got nerfed to be Cursed Body also got Toucannon's name right. Welp.

Link me captain

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

Was it before or after the other leaker posted an image of it?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Countblanc posted:

Link me captain

Mods just deleted the 4chan thread, for some reason, but it was from the same leaker from earlier. Someone probably saved the screenshots.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Link me captain

The thread in question was deleted, but here are the new leaks.

RIP Decidueye. Slow as molasses and is a mixed attacker.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Wasn't it just a page or two ago that the curse body thing ended up being just a hoax? Along with all of the other new weather setters.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

PSWII60 posted:

Wasn't it just a page or two ago that the curse body thing ended up being just a hoax? Along with all of the other new weather setters.

Yeah that 'leak' was transparently dumb.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

PSWII60 posted:

Pretty much, the guy is using the name Lurantis and is just going through the game normally, he hasn't posted anything on gengar because how could he even.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

I don't know that I would call it confirmed, though. Toucannon is a pretty guessable name for a toucan pokemon.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
sad that toucannon is normal/flying but STAB fury attack is nice i guess

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Wow, the mantis is really slow too. And Gumshoos. And Wishiwashi. So many slow pokemon

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Salazzle is a funny name and I wish Lurantis was faster, but I guess that's ok.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
That's not really surprising since most of these past VGC seasons has been semi slow bulky attackers.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Schooling form has pretty high stats aside from speed. And apparently it only wears off when Wishiwashi drops below 25%, so that's better than Defeatist, I guess?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

decidueye is probably gonna be cool in uu or ru

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Salazzle is so cool :allears:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I'm bad at parsing stats, are Toucannon's numbers any good?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

The Lord of Hats posted:

I'm bad at parsing stats, are Toucannon's numbers any good?

They aren't great. It looks like its along Briavary's build, strong but not really fast or bulky enough to be worth it.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Bah. Well, another low-tier Skill Linker will be nice.

Also, important thing for starter-specific Z-moves: We get to see Incineroar's FINISHING COMBO

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Funkmaster General posted:

There's a few others out there putting stuff out too, not just him.

Not sure what to make of "incomplete ROM dump," though, I've never heard of such a thing. It seems like if you gently caress up a rip it should just not work at all. Maybe a dump of an unfinished build somehow?

Depending on the backup method the in-game manual might not work.
An incomplete rom dump wouldn't run. The checksum and rom file system would be messed up.
Other options all seem unlikely too. Kiosk version, prototype, preview copy, anti-piracy effects, very elaborate and detailed hack of the demo?

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Looks like Ultra Beasts are pokemon from another dimension.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Lord of Hats posted:

Bah. Well, another low-tier Skill Linker will be nice.

Also, important thing for starter-specific Z-moves: We get to see Incineroar's FINISHING COMBO

There's starter specific Z moves? Nice.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

Huh. Well that's less interesting than previous speculations, also cribbing on Palkia and Giratina's style. Wonder if they go with D/P remakes whether they'll do any more Ultra Beast stuff?

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Alolan Dugtrio seems to be ground/steel apparently

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Funkmaster General posted:

Nintendo stuff has always been weird with game leaks. Usually what someone does, if they want to put it out there and not risk their job, is to send it to a release group who brands it and takes credit. For some reason, this never happens with Nintendo games and people end up wanting the recognition for being the leaker.

Because they want to be the uncle who works at Nintendo

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

good

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Ruggington posted:

decidueye is probably gonna be cool in uu or ru

Smogon is already calling for it to be NU which seems harsh considering we don't know BST (we only have a guess), movepool, or any idea what's available. One dude is dead certain that Weavile will kill it and that's why it'll never be any good, but I don't remember if Weavile is even IN the Alola dex?? So it's probably irrelevant. Also it was never gonna have 126 base speed.

I'd say UU, definitely. Maybe Borderline with its' strong attacking stats.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i'm not sure how weavile not being in the alola dex would matter for simulator battles

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Classtoise posted:

Smogon is already calling for it to be NU which seems harsh considering we don't know BST (we only have a guess), movepool, or any idea what's available. One dude is dead certain that Weavile will kill it and that's why it'll never be any good, but I don't remember if Weavile is even IN the Alola dex?? So it's probably irrelevant. Also it was never gonna have 126 base speed.

I'd say UU, definitely. Maybe Borderline with its' strong attacking stats.

lol, seriously?

Compare it to Trevanant or Gourgeist. Neither of whom are good, both having comparable stats, and have better abilities.

I like him and I'm going to use him, but UU is way too loving high for a slow and bulky Ghost/Grass unless it gets an absolutely killer HA. Like Speed Boost or 'make ghost attacks priority' or something.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Xander B Coolridge posted:

ohhhhhh my powerful boys

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I like the concept of the cool rear end spec ops owl sniper so it's a disappointment that he will be bad.
Still Litten Torracat Infernoroar are fantastic and I'm super glad he exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Woah dang. You mean to say that the things that have already been released about Ultra Beasts are true? Messed up.

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Wonder what products it uses for it's hair to get that typing.