Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I like subtlety, I would prefer to only see their reaction and use my imagination. Also I don't get why he has to be ugly. Isn't Lucifer do supposed to be beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
He got a little par broiled in hell

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe

wormil posted:

Also I don't get why he has to be ugly. Isn't Lucifer do supposed to be beautiful.

Maybe for his divine species, he is beautiful, you racist.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

tarlibone posted:

Maybe for his divine species, he is beautiful, you racist.

I just want you to know I appreciate this.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
I mean, from what I recall there's a lot of reeeeeally freaky looking angels when you're in the higher choirs/tiers.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Zebulon posted:

I mean, from what I recall there's a lot of reeeeeally freaky looking angels when you're in the higher choirs/tiers.

Ezekiel posted:

As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces. This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like topaz, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel. As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not change direction as the creatures went. Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea there's a damned good reason that when the angels showed up to someone in the bible. the first words they uttered were normally something like "BE NOT AFRAID MORTAL".

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Yeah I mean, I've played Bayonetta :v:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

There's also the whole thing where if you get into the comics stuff (just talking about one of his abilities in the comics, but spoilering it to be safe despite how divergent they are) isn't Luci's gimmick there, in part, that he can shape matter around himself and hell itself wasn't a pre-existing thing, but something he made due to his bitterness and anger and resentment and all those other negative emotions seething and bubbling with no real outlet? His face being so hosed up could be an extension of that, especially in his current state of thinking himself a monster for killing Uriel. Thinking on it, this is a separate comics-y spoiler related to that which seems like it could come up given recent talks with ol' Mom: Wasn't his banishment actually supposed to be a gift because it got him as far away from ol' dad as was possible? Seems like the sort of thing Mom could bring up at some point if they keep to that.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
They've already had the discussion for the second spoiler, and basically she told him that it was her who begged God to just cast him out and not utterly destroy him, so yea in a weird way it is a gift.

As far as the first one goes, I think basically it's less like the comic version, and more along the line of "This is the aftermath of getting beaned with Dad's thunderbolt and blown down into hell via the express route". If it turns out it isn't, it honestly would not surprise me to imagine that he had Maze flay him to remove any and all reminders of what he looked like before he got cast down. She already cut off his wings, so it's not like he's not for self mutilation in a weird way. It'd fit with the whole pride bit too.

Pure speculation on that second one, but it sounds good in my head.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Oh god Chloe's going to regret that so much....

OMG LUCIFER'S AMERICAN ACCENT WHAT

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 8, 2016

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Douchifer does roll off the tongue a bit too well.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
gotta find out who killed Kate's mom

or whatever

e: vv it's amazing

Polygynous fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 8, 2016

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Okay, Improv'ing as Lucifer is pretty drat hilarious.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
That was awesome.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
oh my god Maze :3:

e: aw. Doc's still broke... ish.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Astrofig posted:

Oh god Chloe's going to regret that so much....

OMG LUCIFER'S AMERICAN ACCENT WHAT

You should have seen Rush, he was good in it.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

I mean, all things considered she really is taking this well.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Awww Maze got her friend back!

Also Chlocifer hugs!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I am skipping ahead from the place of this thread simply to communicate something.

"Drink mostly, you ponce."

:lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo:

Now Go gently caress yourself. :v::)

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
"Detective do you mind if I play the me's advocate?" :devil:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Party Plane Jones posted:

You should have seen Rush, he was good in it.

Rush was really good, mostly because of Ellis too. The main reason I started watching Lucifer

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
Maze found her calling! And it's hunting humans!

Titan
Jan 14, 2002

meristem posted:

Maze found her calling! And it's hunting humans!

Everything about that scene was perfect. From her genuine excitement to the docs apprehension. Everything.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Titan posted:

Everything about that scene was perfect. From her genuine excitement to the docs apprehension. Everything.
Her excitement when Chloe pulled the gun and her mouthing "do it" or "kill him" or whatever was great.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Polygynous posted:

gotta find out who killed Kate's mom

or whatever

Definitely had some flashbacks to Castle watching this episode...

This season is really good so far. Maze getting a lot more developement is great.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I was kind of torn too, about them actually showing Lucifer's face, like my imagination was better.. He's technically an Angel, so it could have been something too wonderful to look upon, or something completely devilish and terrifying, and at first glance I just thought it looked like "weird burned guy", but I feel like it looked better the second time. I dunno. Maybe a flash to just HER face and her reaction alone would have been better, but who cares - because I love this show way more than I should.

Dan got some actual character development this week and now I have sympathy for him. He's a good actor in his own right, who hasn't gotten much to do except be made fun of.

My favorite dork part though, was Trixie's costume. The plastic green margarita glasses as antennae were hilarious! I should go back and see what other dorky stuff Maz made into that costume, but I was too interested in seeing Mazikeen's face as well.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

counterfeitsaint posted:

Agreed. For like all 11 people not watching Westworld already, get your poo poo in order.

Edit: You may want to avoid the thread though, peak TV:IV over there.

Agree. Agree. Scared. :laffo:. Agree

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

DoggPickle posted:

Maybe a flash to just HER face and her reaction alone would have been better, ...

Maybe a brilliant light followed by orange flickering reminiscent of fire, reflected in her pupils. I'm guessing they are playing off man and angels are made in god's image thing. Whatever, it's a minor complaint because the show is cool and different and I enjoy it considerably.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

wormil posted:

Maybe a brilliant light followed by orange flickering reminiscent of fire, reflected in her pupils. I'm guessing they are playing off man and angels are made in god's image thing. Whatever, it's a minor complaint because the show is cool and different and I enjoy it considerably.

It's a little poetic ya' dork, but yeah, a flickering in her eyes like (we've seen him do bright red eyes), but maybe some flashes of white and orange and just a knowledge that he showed her something amazing), but I'm with you...

I don't care in the long run, because I love the show.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The characterization was fun, but I was really annoyed they did a whole episode about Chloe's backstory with nothing about her weird anti-Luci aura thing.

Also I just noticed Chloe's brand new condo is the same set as her old house, complete with the improbable location of Trixie's room.

This is the only procedural I've ever watched more than like two episodes, are they always written like this, outrageously simple and dumb? Is it so the viewers can feel clever by figuring out what's going to happen? It's really stood out to me the last two episodes. Oh look one set a prints, it's a criminal with a motive. Oh look he was right there at the first place we looked for him, then he gave himself up and confessed. Wait a second, that sounds suspicious, almost like it's a little too easy. I know! it's the one other not main character who had a speaking role this episode, job well done all around! :downs:

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Sometimes. Some shows pick a random character and last minute evidence reveals the killer. Elementary works that way. I ignore the crime of the week, it's just filler. At least Lucifer sometimes uses it to work thru his issues.

The new CSI girl is annoying, she needs to go.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Some procedural are much better than others. American ones tend to be super formulaic, although Forever, despite being a kinda fantasy show like this one, managed to have unusually good and clever cases. In this show the cases are worse than normal, because they run alongside the supernatural stuff.

British procedural tend to be much better, in part because they have a tradition of detective shows that air 3-4 feature length episodes per year, with relatively high production values. Watch an episode of Inspector morse, or the spinoff Lewis someday - it's completely different to an American procedural. Other British shows have normal length episodes, but span one case across multiple episodes.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

counterfeitsaint posted:

The characterization was fun, but I was really annoyed they did a whole episode about Chloe's backstory with nothing about her weird anti-Luci aura thing.

Also I just noticed Chloe's brand new condo is the same set as her old house, complete with the improbable location of Trixie's room.

This is the only procedural I've ever watched more than like two episodes, are they always written like this, outrageously simple and dumb? Is it so the viewers can feel clever by figuring out what's going to happen? It's really stood out to me the last two episodes. Oh look one set a prints, it's a criminal with a motive. Oh look he was right there at the first place we looked for him, then he gave himself up and confessed. Wait a second, that sounds suspicious, almost like it's a little too easy. I know! it's the one other not main character who had a speaking role this episode, job well done all around! :downs:

Haha yeah, to the point that I forgot she was supposed to have moved.

This is one of the worst procedurals I've watched, but the formula isn't too far from standard.

wormil posted:

The new CSI girl is annoying, she needs to go.
I think she's hilarious.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

This was the best episode so far. Lucifer aping Dan was fantastic, and Mazikeen finally seems to have a reason to be in the show.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

This was the best episode so far. Lucifer aping Dan was fantastic, and Mazikeen finally seems to have a reason to be in the show.

Yeah, I'm excited for Maze's development this season. I really didn't care for her in the first season, but I think they've found a good fit for her.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

counterfeitsaint posted:

I don't watch many of them either, but the only episode of Castle I've ever watched had an episode where apparently the whole reason the guy helped with murder mysteries was due to a body he found when he was young but it disappeared so nobody believed him. They play up this serial killer as some mass killer for decades, and then they find him and wrap it all up in one episode. I'm guessing they never referenced this before at all due to the extensive backstory focus they gave on it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The first 3-4 seasons of Castle are one of my favorite procedurals, but that's all it is. People really hated when it tried to do more than that. There were a few arcs that lasted several episodes, but most fans hated them for trying to be "too serious". I didn't mind them but I checked out when they decided to make a season arc about dumb amnesia drama.

But yes. Episodes are usually entirely self-contained with only plodding character development carried over between them. That trend is really starting to change as shows with more serialization have become successful and streaming is providing more access to watching poo poo in order. Lucifer had a lot more serialization than something like Castle or CSI, which is good, because as I said before, the procedural elements of Lucifer are some of the worst I've ever seen.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Tiggum posted:

I don't really like Dan but him making fun of Lucifer during improv was amusing. But I couldn't wait for Lucifer to get back to himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

DoggPickle posted:

I was kind of torn too, about them actually showing Lucifer's face, like my imagination was better.. He's technically an Angel, so it could have been something too wonderful to look upon, or something completely devilish and terrifying, and at first glance I just thought it looked like "weird burned guy", but I feel like it looked better the second time. I dunno. Maybe a flash to just HER face and her reaction alone would have been better, but who cares - because I love this show way more than I should.

Dan got some actual character development this week and now I have sympathy for him. He's a good actor in his own right, who hasn't gotten much to do except be made fun of.

My favorite dork part though, was Trixie's costume. The plastic green margarita glasses as antennae were hilarious! I should go back and see what other dorky stuff Maz made into that costume, but I was too interested in seeing Mazikeen's face as well.

Also part of Trixie's costume: Mardi Gras necklaces.

• Locked thread