Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

Considering that they seemingly tried to sabotage Gravity Falls every chance they got,they'ed probably jump at the chance to screw him over.

Are you talking about the constant hiatuses or am I forgetting something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Okay, so it's not ENTIRELY related, but I gotta say it's super weird how Cartoon Network has premiered the Alvin and the Chipmunks movies backwards. They did Chipwrecked, then Squeakquel, and now they're doing the original this month.

I dunno, it just bothers me.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

He was a director on Fish Hooks alongside Chowder's creative director William Reiss

FIsh Hooks was just a terrible show though.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Quest For Glory II posted:

Harvey Beaks is cancelled. CH Greenblatt, the creator, found out not from Nickelodeon but on Twitter. He's pretty sore about it although I won't paste quotes because there's a chance he'll delete some of his posts later.

Not quite the story. He knew they weren't getting pass season 2, what he got mad about is that they announced on twitter that the final chunk of episodes would air on Nicktoons rather than the main channel, thus making it even harder for people to even see the show.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/795762838887350272

This is happening.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
is this a joke or is it REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY SERIOUS

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Hemingway To Go! posted:

The Teen Titans had it rotting in their attic for years.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Teen Titans Go has once again taken their trolling up a notch.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

VolticSurge posted:

Considering that they seemingly tried to sabotage Gravity Falls every chance they got,they'ed probably jump at the chance to screw him over.

Actually a lot of that was on Hirsch's end(guy really wasn't cut out for managing a series), at least outside of the scheduling issues that is

Huh, guess Weisman's curse has finally broken, maybe we'll get lucky and get another Gargoyles comic someday as well

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Hemingway To Go! posted:

:siren: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/07/young-justice-returning-for-season-3 :siren:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Didn't care for YJ for most of its run, and specially not after it ended, but i'm glad its fans are getting something. Heck, maybe being cancelled for over three years and skipping out on the biggest animated Star Wars franchise ever will have taught Weisman a few lessons of how to work the animation industry.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

drrockso20 posted:

Actually a lot of that was on Hirsch's end(guy really wasn't cut out for managing a series), at least outside of the scheduling issues that is

He was quite good at trolling his audience with fake leaks and stuff.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waiting for the "because of the success of other dc shows" press release

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
How likely could it be that YJ would get any sort of influence from TTGO? I mean, I doubt it will completely lose any action or mellow drama, but considering the other show that really works well right now -- well...

Then again, this is modern day DC we're talking about so there is also the possibility it could become incredibly darker. :gonk:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Crabtree posted:

How likely could it be that YJ would get any sort of influence from TTGO? I mean, I doubt it will completely lose any action or mellow drama, but considering the other show that really works well right now -- well...

Then again, this is modern day DC we're talking about so there is also the possibility it could become incredibly darker. :gonk:

It'll take its cues from The Killing Joke.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Waffleman_ posted:

It'll take its cues from The Killing Joke.

It'll be revealed that the Light are actually The Watchmen. Batman and Superman will show up as their modern day movie incarnations and hate rescuing people. Suicide Squad will make frequent appearances. DC will desperately try to pretend their current movie-verse isn't a horrible mess and try to use YJ as a hook into "younger" viewers before maybe making most of the season a Justice League Movie advert.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Maybe they'll make Young Justice in the style of Teen Titans Go, just to make thousands of obsessive nerds' heads explode simultaneously.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I actually like the Watchmen twist in Rebirth, is that weird?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

nerdman42 posted:

You're free to like something other people don't, I just fear that it would be both really weird and incredibly poorly implemented if they actually tried that. But it'd be the first time someone's used the characters in an actual cartoon and not as a parody.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I wonder if YJ S3 is a thing because WB hooked up with Netflix or Amazon, instead of a TV network. I mean that's just a guess, but they apparently won't say where it's airing yet.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I hope it's Young Justice Go

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Quest For Glory II posted:

I wonder if YJ S3 is a thing because WB hooked up with Netflix or Amazon, instead of a TV network. I mean that's just a guess, but they apparently won't say where it's airing yet.

I know that WB's making a show for Disney XD now (a sketch comedy show called Right Now Kapow) and given how all their non-TTG series aren't treated that well by CN it wouldn't be a surprise if they tried branching out to netflix

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

nerdman42 posted:

I like it too, personally I bet it will eventually tie into the stuff from Multiversity involving The Gentry and The Empty Hand

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
what the actual gently caress

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
I could see the goodness in Young Justice and why people dug it, but it felt like it reeaaally wanted to distance itself from the fact that it was a cartoon, mainly from casting and voice direction. The acting felt like watching a teen drama and maybe some people dug that but it drove me up the wall.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I can only assume that Greg Weisman must've been spending all his time being the most persistant little whiner shipping his pitches to anyone with ears.

Can impossible things stop happening this year? Like, right now? Today?

...or if they're going to keep happening, can we get sym-bionic titan to come back...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fuckin'....Titmouse, get me more Megas.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

crime time yo!
Dec 2, 2008

This can't be real.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Oh my god, it took a minute.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Hell yes

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
...I don't get it?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

poo poo.

I've not like any of the four minutes I've seen of this show but man if a well placed hidden loss doesn't get me right in the funny bone.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

well if poo poo is just gonna happen willy nilly everywhere then Disney XD better, idk, have some sort of week special where Spider-man shows up in every cartoon they're airing because why not, that's not the oddest thing that would happen anymore

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

well if poo poo is just gonna happen willy nilly everywhere then Disney XD better, idk, have some sort of week special where Spider-man shows up in every cartoon they're airing because why not, that's not the oddest thing that would happen anymore

If poo poo is gonna happen willy nilly, maybe Disney can produce an actual decent Spider-Man cartoon. gently caress, now I'm just talking crazy.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Fuckin'....Titmouse, get me more Megas.

Didn't that get liquidated as part of its write off ala beware the batman?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

ConanThe3rd posted:

Didn't that get liquidated as part of its write off ala beware the batman?

Yeah. It and the other Titmouse series I can name (Motorcity) are in impressive rights hell but hey this was impossible situations dreaming.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Waffleman_ posted:

Okay, so it's not ENTIRELY related, but I gotta say it's super weird how Cartoon Network has premiered the Alvin and the Chipmunks movies backwards. They did Chipwrecked, then Squeakquel, and now they're doing the original this month.

I dunno, it just bothers me.

TNT did this with Lord of the Rings not too long ago iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Crabtree posted:

...I don't get it?

1 2
2 1 _