Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

the beard guy from Stephen F. Austin is on the Windy City Bulls

The white guy with good hair who played at Wichita State for 8 years is on the Knicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

euphronius posted:

I watched a lot of Kansas embiid and never saw this

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/795816073035542529

Embiid watched a lot of white folks go to work over the last two years

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

N:
the 3 Alphas are back

V:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The white guy with the funny name from last year's NCAA Championship game was on the Spurs training camp roster but didn't make the team.

e: looks like he's on the Austin Spurs now

euphronius posted:

Calling it: next offseason big men won't work out with Hakeem but will instead work out with 5'8" white guys.

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 8, 2016

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

the beard guy from Stephen F. Austin is on the Windy City Bulls

Someone needs to dig up the conversation on him from the March Madness GDT

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Is Jeff Withey the Voltron of all the tiny white guys Embiid trained against? He's defeated them individually. Now he's defeated their combined strength.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

euphronius posted:

I just noticed that this video has everything Sixers: The Process doing some badass move while there's a graphic about how the Sixers hadn't scored a FG in 7 minutes.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

I just noticed that this video has everything Sixers: The Process doing some badass move while there's a graphic about how the Sixers hadn't scored a FG in 7 minutes.

It was awful

I melted down in the gdt. I'm losing patience .

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Shear Modulus posted:

The white guy with the funny name from last year's NCAA Championship game was on the Spurs training camp roster but didn't make the team.

e: looks like he's on the Austin Spurs now

Arch is cool

Embiid is cooler

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Embiid did weird technical poo poo like that all the time at Kansas...if you look at the draft thread from a couple years ago it's why people like kiimo were posting about him seven times a page.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

euphronius posted:

That legit might be the most amazing move I've seen a center do since Sabonis retired.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qWPu3QrkJg

owns

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Thunder are 6-1 for the first time in franchise history

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Niwrad posted:

N:
the 3 Alphas are back

V:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Metapod posted:

Thunder are 6-1 for the first time in franchise history
Ewing theory baby

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

straight up brolic posted:

Ewing theory baby

lol

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

Calling it: next offseason big men won't work out with Hakeem but will instead work out with 5'8" white guys.

That was very much a Hakeem move though.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

That's some all NBA sneer right there. Did he ever do that in Miami, or did he have to wait til he was home sweet Chicago to unleash the sneer.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Mr. Mambold posted:

That's some all NBA sneer right there. Did he ever do that in Miami, or did he have to wait til he was home sweet Chicago to unleash the sneer.

my research shows that miami wade exclusively looked like this

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

my research shows that miami wade exclusively looked like this

et_tu_riley.jpg

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Papercut posted:

That was very much a Hakeem move though.

Yeah that was straight up an Olajuwon/Jordan hybrid thing

Edit: the palm fake is a big hands jumpman special

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Biedrins.jpg still one of the best basketball photos ever.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Time posted:

One day I watched a shitton of Pistol Pete footage.

There's grainy rear end footage of Pistol Pete doing it in college.
There's footage of him doing just about every cool fake and/or dribble move you can think of.

It was time well spent, I have to say.

EDIT: there's a great Curry lowlight video that's got Biedrins_cigarette.jpg spliced in all over the place.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Apparently some Western conference executive (Pete D'alessandro) was complaining in some interview about how Vivek was paying off the Kings blogger/fansites which is just hilarious sour grapes and salty tears

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

http://imgur.com/2rYVehR

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

WhyteRyce posted:

Apparently some Western conference executive (Pete D'alessandro) was complaining in some interview about how Vivek was paying off the Kings blogger/fansites which is just hilarious sour grapes and salty tears

and it's Amico doing the accusing, who got caught stealing from the Kings SBNation blog, and then calling it trash and got roasted for it.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/sacramento-kings-sactown-royalty-sam-amico-content.html

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Sabonis *and* Kanter had double doubles I'm so proud of my two sons.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spoeank posted:

and it's Amico doing the accusing, who got caught stealing from the Kings SBNation blog, and then calling it trash and got roasted for it.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/sacramento-kings-sactown-royalty-sam-amico-content.html

quote:

“I’d take (Cousins), but you’d need a dominant personality to control him," one Western Conference executive said. "I’ve been in that locker room. He’s a problem. They’d love to trade him, but can’t. So they act like they won’t. They would, though — tomorrow.”

Geee, I wonder what Western Conference executive who has been in the Kings locker room could that be?!?!

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/shamus_clancy/status/795806718991171584

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

R.D. Mangles posted:

are we still doing this

This picture didn't get enough love.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Spoeank posted:

I'm not surprised that piece of poo poo rumormongerer Sam Amico ripped off an SB Nation site.

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm perpetually surprised that dude got any kind of job after his tenure in Sacramento

chunkles fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Nov 8, 2016

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9dmgUDXb2U

wtf

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Tae posted:

John Wall is the all-time wizards assist leader in his 6th year.

1. Wes Unseld* 3822
2. John Wall 3819
3. Rod Strickland 2712
4. Kevin Porter 2593
5. Kevin Loughery 2363
6. Gilbert Arenas 2046
7. Frank Johnson 1961
8. Michael Adams 1844
9. Darrell Walker 1707
10. Phil Chenier 1688

Which says more about the wizards and passing....

code:
			Turnovers
1. 	John Wall 	1611
2. 	Juwan Howard 	1389
3. 	Gilbert Arenas 	1239
4. 	Jeff Ruland 	1176
5. 	Jeff Malone 	1029
6. 	Rod Strickland 	948
7. 	Bernard King 	941
8. 	Greg Ballard 	935
9. 	Elvin Hayes 	868
10. 	Caron Butler 	829
He's going to be the TOV champion for a long time.

Tae posted:

Curry is bad
Draymond is bad
Thompson is bad
Durant is bad

Literally the only warrior that hasn't been called bad is Ian Clark because no one knows who he is

edit: Here's an argument, how about replacing either an elite 3+D guy and a stretch 4/5 elite defender that passes like a point guard are both very hard to replace

Really all 400+ players aren't that great. I'm confident there will be some 7.5 foot tall guy with LBJs skills, Durant's FT shooting and Curry's 3P shooting within the next fifty years.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

13/17. That's 22 3NP in a single game. Highest ever.

Rest of team went 3/18.

Now that the Mavericks are bad he's reminding me more of his old self.

Spacebump posted:

This picture didn't get enough love.

If Trump wins and the Cavaliers win the 2017 title. A preview of their White House visit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZCzHYMEIeo

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

How does one man knock down 13 of 17 three pointers :stare:

there were some difficult shots there too! Curry remains one of the more exciting players in the league, and it would be much worse without him

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I watched Curry set fire to the sky, and yet I was worried going into the 4th quarter that the Warriors would find a way to lose. I feel bad for the Pelicans and Davis though.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Nov 8, 2016

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
If GSW are suffering greatly from not having Bogut/Ezeli doesn't that suggest praise for Draymond's versatility to play the 5 (and thus his value as a player generally) is overstated? Draymond at center with Zaza as primary backup shouldn't be such a weakness if Draymond is so good.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Greens versatility allowed them to play small for extended periods. I don't think anyone claimed he was an elite rim protector.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ragle posted:

If GSW are suffering greatly from not having Bogut/Ezeli doesn't that suggest praise for Draymond's versatility to play the 5 (and thus his value as a player generally) is overstated? Draymond at center with Zaza as primary backup shouldn't be such a weakness if Draymond is so good.

Draymond full time at center for 82 games is a bad thing to do for so many reasons. The same reason why Anthony davis and lebron don't start at 1 position lower despite by far their best position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Apparently Cubes is revoking credentials to prove a point about the automation of sports writing which is chill but also 100% not the reason he's actually doing it

Time posted:

I've literally never seen someone go from a size-up to a dream shake and it's glorious

• Locked thread